PDA

View Full Version : Joe Jurevicius wants to be # 3 receiver

TackleMeBen
06-23-2008, 03:47 PM
BEREA: It would have been easy for Joe Jurevicius to call it a career.

Since January, the Browns' 10-year veteran has had three knee surgeries, two to clean up a staph infection after his first procedure. He knows his 33-year-old body is breaking down, the main reason that he asked General Manager Phil Savage to find a No. 2 receiver in the offseason because he couldn't handle the workload.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/20226184.html

RoethlisBURGHer
06-23-2008, 06:02 PM
I think the #3 receiver role fits his current skill set. He's simply a move-the-chains guy now, he isn't going to outrun a DB or make a spetacular dive for the ball anymore. Run a 10 yard out or a 15 yard comeback...his hands are still reliable.

I am a huge fan of JJ and I hope he gets healthy so he can play this year.

Jeremy
06-23-2008, 06:04 PM
I think the #3 receiver role fits his current skill set. He's simply a move-the-chains guy now, he isn't going to outrun a DB or make a spetacular dive for the ball anymore. Run a 10 yard out or a 15 yard comeback...his hands are still reliable.

I am a huge fan of JJ and I hope he gets healthy so he can play this year.

Has he ever been able to outrun a DB?

I like JJ....he's always seemed like a good guy. And you have to respect a guy who knows his limitations and puts the team above his own ego.

Hannity_on_Holmes
06-23-2008, 11:01 PM
I think Donte stallworth could fill in those shoes just fine.
Kinda makes you wonder if that was why he was signed to begin with...

j-dawg
06-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I think that's exactly why stallworth was signed... and you can't deny J.J's ability to convert on third when called on.

jjpro11
06-24-2008, 12:06 AM
I think that's exactly why stallworth was signed... and you can't deny J.J's ability to convert on third when called on.

i have always liked JJ, but i noticed his play slipped significantly last year.. that included dropped passes. he will really end up being a #4 with winslow in the mix, so it probably wont matter all that much.

Galax Steeler
06-24-2008, 03:20 AM
JJ was a good receiver in his prime and he will still get a few balls this year but like everyone else age is getting everyone.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Has he ever been able to outrun a DB?

When he didn't have more than 15 yards to go, yeah.

Dino 6 Rings
06-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Um, so a guy with obviously diminishing skills wants to take a step back.

Isn't this kind of a pre-emptive strike against getting your sorry arse CUT from the roster?

9-5
06-27-2008, 01:04 AM
JJ has said he will likely reitre after this year, and besides, with guys like Travis "Bust" Wilson and Syndric Steptoe, I highly doubt he would get his "sorry arse" cut.

Dino 6 Rings
06-27-2008, 03:39 PM
JJ has said he will likely reitre after this year, and besides, with guys like Travis "Bust" Wilson and Syndric Steptoe, I highly doubt he would get his "sorry arse" cut.

Cut I say, Cut cause he is NOT a number 2 anymore.

9-5
06-28-2008, 11:55 PM
And........that means what, exactly? JJ knows he isnt a number two anymore, which is why he will retire after this season. Trust me, he will make the team. He still is the 3rd best WR we have.