PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use

missedgehead
06-24-2008, 10:15 AM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/23/terry-bradshaw-says-he-used-steroids/?icid=100214839x1204543909x1200208119

Interesting.

Edman
06-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Steroids were legal in the 70's. Everyone used them. But of course, when it comes to steroids, it's only illegal when you win/succeed.

Cue hypocritical Anti-Steeler trolls.

tony hipchest
06-24-2008, 10:28 AM
wasnt he a lineman? theres always been rumors the steelers line was juiced. :rolleyes:

(anyone hear that collective sigh of relief and vindication from the new england area?)

Edman
06-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Vindication?

New England was still busted for cheating. They broke the rules. They're still a bunch of lousy cheaters. But of course, logic and Boston don't mix.

fansince'76
06-24-2008, 10:31 AM
But the 1970s Stoolers are the only team that has ever done steroids, past or present. They invented them. :yawn:

Steroid use in football can be traced to the ’63 Chargers

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2007/magee2224.htm

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Steroids were legal in the 70's. Everyone used them. But of course, when it comes to steroids, it's only illegal when you win/succeed.

Cue hypocritical Anti-Steeler trolls.

Great point Ed...
Steroid use as always been stupid...but The NFL only began to test players for steroid use during the 1987 season, and started to issue suspensions to players during the 1989 season.

Lyle Alzado said that at least 90% of the NFL was takeing steroids in the late 70's. (Two notable exceptions were Jack Lambert & Jack Ham whom everyone agreed didnt participate)

RoethlisBURGHer
06-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Well, if he said he used them then I believe him.

I would like to point out before anyone tries to discredit the Steelers success of the 1970's that back then steroids were not a banned substance by the NFL nor were they deemed illegal drugs by the United States government. They were readily available to most pro athletes, so it wasn't like the Steelers could get them and another team could not.

Dino 6 Rings
06-24-2008, 11:18 AM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/23/terry-bradshaw-says-he-used-steroids/?icid=100214839x1204543909x1200208119

Interesting.

Yeah, real interesting that he had a doctor's prescription to use the Steriods to recover from Injuries.

:coffee:

CanadianSteel
06-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Definately interesting reading and makes you think for sure.
It appears the old school players/coaches did not have an understanding on how to benefit from steroids in all cases. Also if they were using back then, makes you wonder looking at the physical attributes of players in the 70,s compared to now days.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Wow....what is next???? Joe Namath admitts to drinking alcohol in the 70's?!?!?!?!?

Arnold Schwartzenegger admitts that there was steroid use in bodybuilding in the 70's?!?!?!?!?!?

Face it, its been part of the game that the league never enforced and let it happen until probably the early to mid 90's. Any highschool kid could get steroids in the 80's and 90's.

Lots of upside from a performance standpoint, but "caveat emptor"

Lord Stiller
06-24-2008, 12:17 PM
just when you thought Bradshaw couldn't get any dumber..........

Edman
06-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Why is Bradshaw dumb? Because he admitted a professional doctor prescribed him steroids LEGALLY?

fansince'76
06-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Why is Bradshaw dumb?

'Cause Hollywood Henderson said so between snorting multiple rails himself. :coffee:

RoethlisBURGHer
06-24-2008, 12:37 PM
'Cause Hollywood Henderson said so between snorting multiple rails himself. :coffee:

Bradshaw couldn't spell "CAT" if you spotted him the "C" and the "T".

Yeah, well he sure knew how to light the Cowboys up!

:tt03:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Wow....what is next???? Joe Namath admitts to drinking alcohol in the 70's?!?!?!?!?

Arnold Schwartzenegger admitts that there was steroid use in bodybuilding in the 70's?!?!?!?!?!?

I also hear that some hollywood actresses have had....(plastic surgery)
...and I hope its not true...but playmates are said to have ...(breast enhancements)

What is this world coming to!!!!!

Lord Stiller
06-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Why is Bradshaw dumb? Because he admitted a professional doctor prescribed him steroids LEGALLY?

what's the point in admitting to steroid use now?

especially after Dwight White recently passed away. people are going to assume his health problems stemmed for steroid abuse

fansince'76
06-24-2008, 01:05 PM
especially after Dwight White recently passed away. people are going to assume his health problems stemmed for steroid abuse

The idiot Pats* apologists and all the other haters with an axe to grind already believe that anyway and have about every Steelers player that has passed since Jim Haslett opened up his gaping piehole on the matter, even though he played on a different team in a different decade. Really couldn't give a rat's ass less what they think.

HometownGal
06-24-2008, 01:23 PM
just when you thought Bradshaw couldn't get any dumber..........

That dum dum has 4 Super Bowl rings and is a HOF'er. Take a gander at some of the most successful athletes in just about any sport and you'll find that a great number of them have the IQ of turnips.

As has previously been noted, steroids were not illegal back in that era so the subject is moot.

jjpro11
06-24-2008, 01:27 PM
The idiot Pats* apologists and all the other haters with an axe to grind already believe that anyway and have about every Steelers player that has passed since Jim Haslett opened up his gaping piehole on the matter, even though he played on a different team in a different decade. Really couldn't give a rat's ass less what they think.

profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering goodell sent a memo out right before the season started specifically warning them in particular to stop their cheating.. but they kept on doing so. there was no steroid laws in the 70s. it was a normal practice for athletes and the doctors encouraged it. pats fans can go to hell with their bullshit. im sick of hearing about them.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-24-2008, 01:27 PM

Exactly, people think this anyways.

So many Browns fans throw 'roids into a conversation about the Steelers ignoring the following facts:

In the 1970's, steroids were legal to use and readily available to pro athletes.

Approximatly 90% of NFL players were roiding until the NFL made steroids a banned substance.

I can't recall any Steelers starters being busted for 'roids since the NFL started testing in 1987 and suspending player for testing positive since 1989.

And Bradshaw got his LEGALLY from a doctor to help his injuries heal. He didn't become a huge muscle-bound guy from this. His arm didn't get stronger, it was already strong. He held, and might still hold the record for longest javelin throw in Loisiana...and he did that in high school.

The steroid influx into the NFL started with the 1963 Chargers, and then spread like a wildfire to all of the NFL teams. Every team back then had people using steroids. It wasn't illegal and it wasn't a banned substance. The people that didn't use it did so by choice, not by threat of suspension or jail time.

missedgehead
06-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Well, I feel that all teams try to get a competitive advantage. I don't live in a world that believes that "only the Patriots attempted to get a competitive advantage." That is why I didn't get my panties in a bunch over Spygate. I feel that, for WHATEVER the reason Terry Bradshaw was using the steroids.....after all, it is the same reason that Rodney Harrison gave, the same reason that Andy Pettite gave for using HGH...for healing injuries......I don't care if it was "Legal" or not....to me it gave him a competitive advantage, same with the other Steelers who took the steroids. Same thing with this Big Brown who tried for the Triple Crown. Steroids are allowed in 28 of 38 states that have horse racing, including KY, MD, and NY where the Triple Races are run. To me, Big Brown was getting a competitive advantage over the other horses who may not have had WInstrol (a steroid, ironically, the same stuff that Ben Johnson was caught with in the 1988 Olympics) in their systems. That Eight Belles (RIP) , she did not have steroids, when they did her autopsy after the Derby, despite what PETA said. Of course, I think the asterisk movement in sports nowadays is shortsighted, stupid and idiotic, but that is another story. If you want my opinion, you may as well put asterisks besides the winners of the Worlds Series dating back to oh, 1988 or so thanks to the Mitchell Report. May as well put asterisks on alot of , going back to horse racing, ALOT of horse's accomplishments because their trainers have been busted for violating drug rules. I just think it is just plain stupid. Like the saying goes, "people living in glass houses should not throw stones." I just think all these teams, NFL, NBA, MLB, etc do stuff they should not be doing to try to get ahead.

19ward86
06-24-2008, 01:41 PM
They werent performance enhancing so i can kind of care less.

fansince'76
06-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Well, I feel that all teams try to get a competitive advantage. I don't live in a world that believes that "only the Patriots attempted to get a competitive advantage." That is why I didn't get my panties in a bunch over Spygate. I feel that, for WHATEVER the reason Terry Bradshaw was using the steroids.....after all, it is the same reason that Rodney Harrison gave, the same reason that Andy Pettite gave for using HGH...for healing injuries......I don't care if it was "Legal" or not....to me it gave him a competitive advantage, same with the other Steelers who took the steroids.

Bradshaw and assorted other members of the Steelers of the 70s were taking steroids in an environment where 1) they were not illegal, nor against NFL rules, and 2) a significant percentage of the rest of the players in the league were taking them. Belichick ordered illegal taping of opponents even though league rules at the time expressly forbid it (hence his comments about "misinterpretation") and continued to do it even after a memo was released by the Commisioner's office reiterating that the practice was against the rules after they got caught doing it in Green Bay in 2006. Big difference.

Dino 6 Rings
06-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Please change the header of this thread to read:

Terry Bradshaw admits to having a doctor prescribe Steriods to him.

Thanks.

Terry is a better QB than Tom Brady can ever be. Terry never LOST the big game. And in fact, his stats got better each and ever Superbowl, each time he got better, and had a better Rating than Tom in each successive game. Suck it up. We won 4 in the 70s are considered the Greatest Dynasty in the History of the National Football League. And until someone wins 4 Superbowls within 6 years. We will always be considered the Greatest Dynasty in the History of the National Football League.

TackleMeBen
06-24-2008, 02:05 PM
seriously, who cares if he did them or not... its in the past.. we cant go back and change what he or anyone else did in the 70s. and not to mention that they were not banned at that time

missedgehead
06-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Vindication?

New England was still busted for cheating. They broke the rules. They're still a bunch of lousy cheaters. But of course, logic and Boston don't mix.

Funny, I thought top schools like Yale, MIT (Massachussetts Institute of Technology), and Harvard were located in the New England Area. :)

missedgehead
06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Please change the header of this thread to read:

Terry Bradshaw admits to having a doctor prescribe Steriods to him.

Thanks.

Terry is a better QB than Tom Brady can ever be. Terry never LOST the big game. And in fact, his stats got better each and ever Superbowl, each time he got better, and had a better Rating than Tom in each successive game. Suck it up. We won 4 in the 70s are considered the Greatest Dynasty in the History of the National Football League. And until someone wins 4 Superbowls within 6 years. We will always be considered the Greatest Dynasty in the History of the National Football League.

I love Tom and Terry but Joe Montana (who also NEVER LOST the big game, btw) is IMO better than the both of them and Fancy Boy Peyton, no matter what ESPN says. Sorry. Montana is the best ever. Montana is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. End of the story.

One last note from me about this: Bradshaw and hisSteelers teammates like I was saying about Pettite, and Big Brown, etc, had something in their bodies that the opponents may not have had in theirs. Still a competitive advantage in my book.

I still say that all teams try to get a competitive advantage. The Pats are not the only ones. End of discussion for me on this thread. Everyone else can have at it. I have said my piece.

Dino 6 Rings
06-24-2008, 02:53 PM
I love Tom and Terry but Joe Montana (who also NEVER LOST the big game, btw) is IMO better than the both of them and Fancy Boy Peyton, no matter what ESPN says. Sorry. Montana is the best ever. Montana is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. End of the story.

One last note from me about this: Bradshaw and hisSteelers teammates like I was saying about Pettite, and Big Brown, etc, had something in their bodies that the opponents may not have had in theirs. Still a competitive advantage in my book.

I still say that all teams try to get a competitive advantage. The Pats are not the only ones. End of discussion for me on this thread. Everyone else can have at it. I have said my piece.

You've said your piece quite clearly, and I believe you are 100% wrong about your assessment of the Steelers of the 70s. The fact that in one year they had 9 defensive starters in the pro-bowl tells me that as a unit, they were the greatest team ever. They have more hall of famers from those 6 years of a team than most teams have throughout the history of their franchise.

Terry admitted a doctor gave him steriods to recover from an injury. That does not relate to the entire team being "juiced". Anyone who thinks that way is just Jealous of our place in the history of this great sport. So hate on, its ok, we as Steelers fans are used to the haters. We've been dealing with them for over 30 years. Bring it on. We'll still be here every single year.

Montana is the greatest QB ever, no doubt. Terry is number 2 in my book.

Edman
06-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Exactly, people think this anyways.

So many Browns fans throw 'roids into a conversation about the Steelers ignoring the following facts:

In the 1970's, steroids were legal to use and readily available to pro athletes.

Approximatly 90% of NFL players were roiding until the NFL made steroids a banned substance.

I can't recall any Steelers starters being busted for 'roids since the NFL started testing in 1987 and suspending player for testing positive since 1989.

And Bradshaw got his LEGALLY from a doctor to help his injuries heal. He didn't become a huge muscle-bound guy from this. His arm didn't get stronger, it was already strong. He held, and might still hold the record for longest javelin throw in Loisiana...and he did that in high school.

The steroid influx into the NFL started with the 1963 Chargers, and then spread like a wildfire to all of the NFL teams. Every team back then had people using steroids. It wasn't illegal and it wasn't a banned substance. The people that didn't use it did so by choice, not by threat of suspension or jail time.

Don't bother arguing with the Cleveland fans. It only gives them what they want. They hate the Steelers more than they love the Browns so much that most won't listen to logic when it comes to the Steelers.

HometownGal
06-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Funny, I thought top schools like Yale, MIT (Massachussetts Institute of Technology), and Harvard were located in the New England Area. :)

Are you sure you are a Steelers fan? Quite honestly, you come across as a Cheatsies* fan at times. :noidea:

Just like animals - a pedigree doesn't always insure intelligence and logic.

HometownGal
06-24-2008, 03:18 PM
This one definitely ate an extra bowl of stupid. Must be from Boston. :chuckle:

2. I despise Terry Bradshaw and this just makes it even more justified..... this stupid moron seems to think athletes take steroids to get bigger.... sigh...

I'd say the majority of athletes take it for the sole reason of healing faster...... barry bonds wouldn't be playing at this age if it weren't for steroids....

Ken Griffey would have shattered all records and not missed so many games had he used steroids

Texasteel
06-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Part of my wifes MS medication contains a Steriod, I guess I'll have to have her locked up.

Dino 6 Rings
06-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I love Terry Bradshaw, just to set the record straight.

HometownGal
06-24-2008, 03:27 PM
I love Terry Bradshaw, just to set the record straight.

Me too. Always have, always will. :drink::tt03:

Jeremy
06-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Part of my wifes MS medication contains a Steriod, I guess I'll have to have her locked up.

Steroids are in quite a bit of medication. I had an extreme allergic reaction to a bee sting when I was a teen. Steroids were part of my treatment to reduce the swelling and aid healing.

Steroids by themselves aren't wrong or evil. The wrong comes with how they're used. It's our knee jerk society that has dubbed them evil and wrong.

Preacher
06-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Steroids are in quite a bit of medication. I had an extreme allergic reaction to a bee sting when I was a teen. Steroids were part of my treatment to reduce the swelling and aid healing.

Steroids by themselves aren't wrong or evil. The wrong comes with how they're used. It's our knee jerk society that has dubbed them evil and wrong.

It isn't about a knee jerk society..

It is about a type of drug that gets abused to give a person an unfair advantage over their competitors.

Steroids are wonderful for a number of things...

But when used in sports to gain an unfair advantage, they are evil and wrong

TackleMeBen
06-24-2008, 03:43 PM
steroids are used in treating asthema patients too. my uncle has it really bad and has to take steroids..

ironcityslicker
06-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Definately interesting reading and makes you think for sure.
It appears the old school players/coaches did not have an understanding on how to benefit from steroids in all cases. Also if they were using back then, makes you wonder looking at the physical attributes of players in the 70,s compared to now days.

I'll bet there's players using them now. They're certainly using them in HS and college to try to get to the NFL or a scholarship.

OTOH, I think they should be legal in pro sports. As long as they're adults and know what they're doing, who are we to pass judgement on what they need to do to try to improve their career? I don't see much difference in risk between that and other performers such as movie actors going under the knife for plastic surgery. Any time you undergo anesthesia, there's a risk of death or permanent injury, but they do it to improve their careers and, they hope, to put on a better show.

I'm really sick of politicians and morals fascists telling everyone how to live their lives.

Jeremy
06-24-2008, 03:52 PM
It isn't about a knee jerk society..

It is about a type of drug that gets abused to give a person an unfair advantage over their competitors.

Steroids are wonderful for a number of things...

But when used in sports to gain an unfair advantage, they are evil and wrong

So wouldn't it be easier to try and regulate them as oppossed to eliminate them?

TackleMeBen
06-24-2008, 03:53 PM
OTOH, I think they should be legal in pro sports. As long as they're adults and know what they're doing, who are we to pass judgement on what they need to do to try to improve their career? I don't see much difference in risk between that and other performers such as movie actors going under the knife for plastic surgery. Any time you undergo anesthesia, there's a risk of death or permanent injury, but they do it to improve their careers and, they hope, to put on a better show.

I'm really sick of politicians and morals fascists telling everyone how to live their lives
which is the same agruement you can use for wearing a seatbelt or not, or the most famous one around here.. wearing a helmet or not.. your an adult and can make choices, yes?

Dino 6 Rings
06-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Um, yeah, don't care.

I love Terry Bradshaw and any attempt to drag his name through the mud will be met with hard core message board forum online annoymous hints of extreme violence...just saying.

Jeremy
06-24-2008, 03:56 PM
which is the same agruement you can use for wearing a seatbelt or not, or the most famous one around here.. wearing a helmet or not.. your an adult and can make choices, yes?

Yes.

Preacher
06-24-2008, 04:00 PM
So wouldn't it be easier to try and regulate them as oppossed to eliminate them?

No one is trying to eliminate normal steroids..

they are trying to BAN them from sports...

it is the misuse of them, concocting mixtures that give an unfair advantage that we are talking about. Don't confuse the two.

Jeremy
06-24-2008, 04:03 PM
No one is trying to eliminate normal steroids..

they are trying to BAN them from sports...

it is the misuse of them, concocting mixtures that give an unfair advantage that we are talking about. Don't confuse the two.

But if everyone has equal access to them, it's no longer an unfair advantage.

Preacher
06-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I'll bet there's players using them now. They're certainly using them in HS and college to try to get to the NFL or a scholarship.

I'm really sick of politicians and morals fascists telling everyone how to live their lives.

Ok.

And it should be ok to video tape signals right? Cause everyone makes their own choices?

What you seem to forget is that the choice gives an UNFAIR advantage to the ones making the choice. That advantage then puts other in a position of either 1. having to make the same choice to keep up or 2., watch their career be left behind by those who DO make the choice.

I am sorry, but steroids should be banned in sports. PERIOD.

Preacher
06-24-2008, 04:05 PM
But if everyone has equal access to them, it's no longer an unfair advantage.

Let's get it out on the table.

Are you REALLY advocating that professional athletes should have to take risky drugs that destroy the body in order to make a team?

Because that is exactly what will happen.

Dino 6 Rings
06-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Steriods are banned now in professional sports. Nothing to argue.

and

I still Love Terry Bradshaw.

Jeremy
06-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Let's get it out on the table.

Are you REALLY advocating that professional athletes should have to take risky drugs that destroy the body in order to make a team?

Because that is exactly what will happen.

It would their choice to take them. Nobody is forcing these men to play professional sports.

ironcityslicker
06-24-2008, 04:22 PM

I worked in an ER for a number of years and understand the physics of crashes and seatbelts - I don't even start my car without buckling up and think that people who don't are idiots. I also used to own a bike (cycle) out here in California before the helmet law and always rode helmteless. I was 21 and, as most 21 year olds feel, thought I was immortal. Nothing ever happened, but I still shudder when I think of blasting down hiway 101, passing bigrigs and racing cars with nothing on my head but sunglasses. Nowadays, I thike bikers are crazy for going on the street helmet or not. But, absolutely, I think it should be an adult's choice. The government keeps taking away liberties one-by-one and that leads to more liberties being lost.

ironcityslicker
06-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Ok.

And it should be ok to video tape signals right? Cause everyone makes their own choices?

That's not a correct analogy. Taking steroids only affects the person taking it. I see no difference between some players keep working out during the off season. Should that be banned because they arrive better prepared at spring training? Whereas videotaping hand signals to use later during a game is stealing proprietary information. Improving one's self does not "steal" anything from another player or team.

Preacher
06-24-2008, 04:30 PM
It would their choice to take them. Nobody is forcing these men to play professional sports.

Oh, I see.

So if you want to play pro sports... you should be willing to sacrifice your life.

So should we also allow wall street types to do cocaine and amphetamines so they can be hopped up and trade faster?

Should we go back to giving soldiers drugs to turn them into "super Soldiers"

Personally, I think your argument is a bit naive at the least.

Preacher
06-24-2008, 04:32 PM
That's not a correct analogy. Taking steroids only affects the person taking it. I see no difference between some players keep working out during the off season. Should that be banned because they arrive better prepared at spring training? Whereas videotaping hand signals to use later during a game is stealing proprietary information. Improving one's self does not "steal" anything from another player or team.

No.

It affects them, it affects their team because they are able to build more strength than their body would naturally, it affects they other teams that have to defend against them.

In many ways, it is an exact analogy... it produces an unfair advantage.

slashsteel
06-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I can't wait for the noobs around the NFL to try to point to Bradshaw's comments like it proves the Steelers used Steroids to win. :coffee:

Preacher
06-24-2008, 04:37 PM
I worked in an ER for a number of years and understand the physics of crashes and seatbelts - I don't even start my car without buckling up and think that people who don't are idiots. I also used to own a bike (cycle) out here in California before the helmet law and always rode helmteless. I was 21 and, as most 21 year olds feel, thought I was immortal. Nothing ever happened, but I still shudder when I think of blasting down hiway 101, passing bigrigs and racing cars with nothing on my head but sunglasses. Nowadays, I thike bikers are crazy for going on the street helmet or not. But, absolutely, I think it should be an adult's choice. The government keeps taking away liberties one-by-one and that leads to more liberties being lost.

Again, I disagree...

it is SO MUCH MORE than a person's choice.

When that person gets into an accident that isn't his fault... your insurance carrier pays out 10 of thousands more. times that by the number of accidents, and watch your rates go up.

When that person goes to the hospital... head trauma is SO expensive. Health insurance pays.... or auto insurance... unless there is none, which the hospital then pays if they can't collect...

and where does all that cost end up?

On you and me.

Sorry, I used to be very strongly against helmet and seatbelt laws. However, the more I have worked in health and property/casualty insurance, the more I have realized just how wrong I am. His or her decisions have a WHOLE LOT OF IMPACT ON ME.

ironcityslicker
06-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Oh, I see.

So if you want to play pro sports... you should be willing to sacrifice your life.

So should we also allow wall street types to do cocaine and amphetamines so they can be hopped up and trade faster?

Should we go back to giving soldiers drugs to turn them into "super Soldiers"

Personally, I think your argument is a bit naive at the least.

If I had the raw talent and steroids gave me the edge to get millions of dollars per year more for what is already a relatively brief career as a pro athlete, absolutely I would take the risk. Who the hell are you to tell me what I can or can't put in my body as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else? I'd rather be "naive" as you put it, than be a politically correct fascist dictating other adult's lifestyles.

Oh, and as for soldiers, if I was back in 'Nam and they were handing out uppers to keep me awake like the Army used to, you bet I'd take 'em to help keep me awake, alert and hopefully come home alive.

silver & black
06-24-2008, 04:44 PM
But the 1970s Stoolers are the only team that has ever done steroids, past or present. They invented them. :yawn:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2007/magee2224.htm

That's true................ even though I can think of a few Raiders off the top of my head that might have used steroids. :wink02:

Preacher
06-24-2008, 04:45 PM
If I had the raw talent and steroids gave me the edge to get millions of dollars per year more for what is already a relatively brief career as a pro athlete, absolutely I would take the risk. Who the hell are you to tell me what I can or can't put in my body as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else? I'd rather be "naive" as you put it, than be a politically correct fascist dictating other adult's lifestyles.

Oh, and as for soldiers, if I was back in 'Nam and they were handing out uppers to keep me awake like the Army used to, you bet I'd take 'em to help keep me awake, alert and hopefully come home alive.

Doesn't hurt anyone else?

Ending other people's career because you are choosing to ARTIFICIALLY increase your strength isn't hurting anyone else?

Tell me, where else in your life does the ends justify the means?

ironcityslicker
06-24-2008, 04:54 PM
When that person gets into an accident that isn't his fault... your insurance carrier pays out 10 of thousands more. times that by the number of accidents, and watch your rates go up.

If I'm paying my own premiums and choose to take a greater risk, that's my prerogative. Lifestyle legislation is bad regardless of who it benefits, in this case mostly insurance companies, and, as usual, cloaked under the same ol' mantra of it "being good for everyone."

ironcityslicker
06-24-2008, 04:58 PM
No.

It affects them, it affects their team because they are able to build more strength than their body would naturally, it affects they other teams that have to defend against them.

In many ways, it is an exact analogy... it produces an unfair advantage.

You're conveniently ignoring a key element, I notice. It's not just "advantage vs. another advantage" , but rather wether the advantage involves taking something away from another party. Using steroids, working out more, etc. does not take anything away from anyone. Intentionally taping another team's secret hand signals *is* taking away something. What part of that is not clear?

tony hipchest
06-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Breaking News-

After stunning fans with the admission of sterioid use on the Dan Patrick radio show, Terry Bradshaw also admitted he recorded a Country Western album.

:jawdrop: and here i thought shootin roids was the worst of his transgressions.

:rolleyes:

Dino 6 Rings
06-24-2008, 05:00 PM
I Still Love Terry Bradshaw!!!

Preacher
06-24-2008, 05:00 PM
You're conveniently ignoring a key element, I notice. It's not just "advantage vs. another advantage" , but rather wether the advantage involves taking something away from another party. Using steroids, working out more, etc. does not take anything away from anyone. Intentionally taping another team's secret hand signals *is* taking away something. What part of that is not clear?

The part where steroids enables a human body to obtain unnatural strength according to its genetic structure. O yeah, it is also taking away the CHOICE of someone else to play without steroids... which again, are PROVEN to hurt the human body.

But I forgot... as long as it is entertaining, that is ok.

Preacher
06-24-2008, 05:01 PM
:jawdrop: and here i thought shootin roids was the worst of his transgressions.

:rofl:

He'll never live down that C&W record!!!

ironcityslicker
06-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Doesn't hurt anyone else?

Ending other people's career because you are choosing to ARTIFICIALLY increase your strength isn't hurting anyone else?

Tell me, where else in your life does the ends justify the means?

Are you implying that there's never been a life-ending or career-ending injury in sports that did not involve steroids? Unfortunately, it happens regularly regardless of steroids. A kid on my HS football team broke his neck during practice and was paralyzed for life. This was way back in '78 and no one on our team was using steroids. It was just one of those really unfortunate things.

Dino 6 Rings
06-24-2008, 05:05 PM
I hate Sarah Jessica Parker, and dont care for Romantic Comedies at all.

But Failure to Launch is the Greatest Film in the history of Hollywood.

because it Stars Terry Bradshaw.

Hollywood should fold now, they can not beat what they have already done. Well they may save themsleves if they give him his own studio to make more movies and display his awesome acting ability.

ironcityslicker
06-24-2008, 05:06 PM
The part where steroids enables a human body to obtain unnatural strength according to its genetic structure. O yeah, it is also taking away the CHOICE of someone else to play without steroids... which again, are PROVEN to hurt the human body.

But I forgot... as long as it is entertaining, that is ok.

LOL! I can see we'll never convince each other of anything different, but I respect your right to your opinion. That's the main difference between libertarian and fascist paradigms, I guess.

rbryan
06-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Today's HGH/steroids don't have the long term negative affects like the steroids of Bradshaws era. Not saying they aren't bad for you....just not as bad. But if you think that disallowing them stops people from using them you are the one who is niave. Making it illegal only makes them more expensive and thus only available to those who can afford them or at least willing to pay any cost to get the advantage.

I would have to agree that acknowledging and regulating although not a perfect solution is better than just pretending you're doing something about it. Theres someone in a lab working on a new batch right now because it's very lucrative to come up something that can't be detected. Because they are illegal the emphasis is on them not being detected moreso than the long term negative effects to ones health.

Preacher
06-24-2008, 05:29 PM
LOL! I can see we'll never convince each other of anything different, but I respect your right to your opinion. That's the main difference between libertarian and fascist paradigms, I guess.

Excuse me...

was that a direct shot at me?

Dodt
06-24-2008, 05:30 PM
i would care if it was illegal back then and he was in the minority . since neither are the case let the cravens ,brownies and bunlges fans say there crap .

davidgrenier
06-24-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm with Preacher on this one.

However, I cannot agree that Failure To Launch was any good, even with Terry Bradshaw.

Now Smokey and the Bandit II, that's a flick I can get behind.

stillers4me
06-24-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't even want to think about the nekkid room.

TackleMeBen
06-24-2008, 06:08 PM
I would have to agree that acknowledging and regulating although not a perfect solution is better than just pretending you're doing something about it. Theres someone in a lab working on a new batch right now because it's very lucrative to come up something that can't be detected. Because they are illegal the emphasis is on them not being detected moreso than the long term negative effects to ones health.

regulating them is an idea but not the solution to a problem. there is always someone working to make something better and more undetectable.

ironcityslicker
06-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Excuse me...

was that a direct shot at me?

Only if you condone government dictating victimless, adult discretionary behaviors.

tony hipchest
06-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Only if you condone government dictating victimless, adult discretionary behaviors.does necrophilia and beastiality with roadkill fall under that category?

how bout illicit fun w/ fruit?

:yeehaw:

tony hipchest
06-24-2008, 07:41 PM
anyone curious about the opinions of pre pubescent pat-tard "nation*" on the matter?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=84009

even after a poster or 2 (with half a pea brain) correct the ignorant "woe is me" sheep, the pathetic punks still pile on and portray the patriots as pariahs-

post #2 (to kick it off)
By "Bradshaw" I presume you mean "The Patriots", and by "used roids" I presume you mean "are the only team that has ever broken a rule and thus should be held to a different standard than anyone else and constantly demonized by the media". Because that's what I've come to learn.
im disappointed in "Patjew". by his avitar an previous opinions, i always thought he was one of the more intelligent posters there. (:chuckle:)

cheaters, ************************,cheaters***************, wheres the media now????
:dang:

no big deal

now if it were a Patriot...

Take back his rings. Toss him outta the HOF!!!
:yawn:

"Why is this not more mainstream? I mean Mike Golic was a so-so football player and his admission got some headlines, Bradshaw is a hall of famer a part of a dynasty, this should be getting press. This is not wholly different then SpyGate (meaning the Steelers "misinterpretation" of steroid use or abuse)"
do we need any more proof that patfans are some of the LEAST knowledgable fans in football?

tainted tainted tainted

I am not surprised. I must say that he looked pretty jacked in "Cannonball Run.":blah:

But I certainly see no fault in people feeling a little knocked around after the debacle and expecting to see other scandals handled with similar coverage. And when it doesn't which is usually the cause it is important to ask why? There was obviously (only to us as we saw it first hand) some serious bias going on in the coverage of spygate and to than just ignore it because spygate is over is just allowing it to prepetuate. We as Pats fans should make it high priority to call these people out and to unmask the BS so if god for bid some BS comes up again we don't pushed in the fire again.:crying01:

I like Bradshaw, he stook up for us....

Wasn't illegal at the time. Yes the media completely screwed us over, but I'm not going to overreact like opposing fans - I'll be the better man.

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

talk about delusional...

Preacher
06-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Tony...

absolutely hilarious...

Ironcityslick....

Have a nice day....

MACH1
06-24-2008, 07:48 PM
They were legal back then and breaking the rules is still cheating.

tony hipchest
06-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Tony...

absolutely hilarious...

Ironcityslick....

Have a nice day....

getting back to the non-point of this thread- victimless crimes....

how bout driving while intoxicated? :noidea: i have done my fair share of drunk driving, and nobody ever got hurt. :doh:

Preacher
06-24-2008, 09:03 PM
getting back to the non-point of this thread- victimless crimes....

how bout driving while intoxicated? :noidea: i have done my fair share of drunk driving, and nobody ever got hurt. :doh:

Yeah...

but how man cacti did you hit?

:hunch:

stillers4me
06-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Steelers legend Terry Bradshaw clarifies comments about steroid use
By NATHANIEL VINTON and MICHAEL O'KEEFFE
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Tuesday, June 24th 2008, 6:48 PM

Terry Bradshaw used steroids, but not those kinds of steroids.

Appearing at a news conference Tuesday in midtown to welcome Michael Strahan to the "Fox NFL Sunday" team, the Hall of Fame quarterback-turned-broadcaster clarified comments he made last week in a radio interview during which he said he used steroids while playing for the great Pittsburgh Steelers teams of the 1970s.

Bradshaw said he was referring to therapeutical corticosteroid injections, which are used to reduce inflammation, not anabolic steroids that build muscle and sometimes cause extreme side effects.

"I'm not bodybuilding here," Bradshaw said, laughing about the confusion that stemmed from the interview. "They were not those kind of steroids. They were anti-inflammatories."

Bradshaw was more vague last week in his radio interview with Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick, who did not ask for clarification.

"We did steroids to get away the aches and the speed of healing," Bradshaw told Patrick. "My use of steroids from a doctor was to speed up (healing after) injury, and thought nothing of it. . . . It was to speed up the healing process, that was it. It wasn't to get bigger and stronger and faster."

Anabolic steroids are on the NFL's prohibited substance list, but corticosteroids are not. It is not uncommon for players to receive cortisone injections for injuries.

Such shots are banned in Olympic sports unless the athlete has a medical exemption filed with anti-doping agencies.

Bradshaw told The News he had surgery recently to repair to broken vertebrae from his playing days.

He said he is using corticosteroids to aid his recovery.

"I've been on steroids for about six weeks," he said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2008/06/24/2008-06-24_steelers_legend_terry_bradshaw_clarifies.html

srk173
06-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Did you guys know smoking was considered acceptable then and Art Rooney smoked cigars! What next being surprised that Magic Johnson has AIDS.

missedgehead
06-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Are you sure you are a Steelers fan? Quite honestly, you come across as a Cheatsies* fan at times. :noidea:

Just like animals - a pedigree doesn't always insure intelligence and logic.

Hmm. I thought this was a STEELERS/NFL forum. I did not know we had to take a loyalty oath to any particular team. I am originally from the Northeast Region of the USA, and I did not appreciate the person taking a shot at people from New England. Seems like it is fair game to take shots at the East Coast. That is all.

I have been a fan of the Steelers since the 70's (when they were good, honestly), longer than some here were alive. I wouldn't assume that I am a fan of any other team, even though I am an admitted fan of the New York Giants, and earth to the people who post here: it is not against the law to root for more than one team.

Anyway, unless I say so, I would not advise that anyone here assume I am a Patriots fan. Even if I WERE, I don't think it would be any of you alls business. You know what happens when you ASSUME. Very dangerous to challenge my fandom of the Steelers. Trust me. Honestly, I could care less what you all think. I know, and God (whose opinion REALLY COUNTS) knows I follow the Steelers like you all do.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Stillers4me has a good link.

My son was briefly on a corticosteroid inhalent to reduce the swelling of his broncheal passages and improve breathing while playing sports. Good thing they dont test for steroid use in U6 soccer.

So some guy had a form of steroid prescribed for anti-inflams and the press runs with it like he was working out with Lyle Alzado.

News Flash!!......Joe Greene admitts to using novocaine at the dentist!!!. Its in the same pharmaceutical class as cocaine you know??

Tankus_Maximus
06-24-2008, 10:05 PM
This is shocking news!!!

Next they'll be telling us that water is wet, the sky is blue, the Bengals suck, and that one day we will all die!!!

BlastFurnace
06-24-2008, 10:14 PM
I love my Steelers and have since the 1975-6 season. This news is not shocking to me...and...it does not lessen what I think of Terry at all. I would be completely nieve to think that he was the only one on the team....or in the NFL...who did such a thing.

Terry is still my favorite Steelers QB of all time. The Steelers of the 70's...steroids or not...gave me 4 Super Bowl celebrations as a kid that I will never forget. I love that team and will always remember all of them and their victories fondly.

fansince'76
06-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Hmm. I thought this was a STEELERS/NFL forum. I did not know we had to take a loyalty oath to any particular team. I am originally from the Northeast Region of the USA, and I did not appreciate the person taking a shot at people from New England. Seems like it is fair game to take shots at the East Coast. That is all.

I have been a fan of the Steelers since the 70's (when they were good, honestly), longer than some here were alive. I wouldn't assume that I am a fan of any other team, even though I am an admitted fan of the New York Giants, and earth to the people who post here: it is not against the law to root for more than one team.

Anyway, unless I say so, I would not advise that anyone here assume I am a Patriots fan. Even if I WERE, I don't think it would be any of you alls business. You know what happens when you ASSUME. Very dangerous to challenge my fandom of the Steelers. Trust me. Honestly, I could care less what you all think. I know, and God (whose opinion REALLY COUNTS) knows I follow the Steelers like you all do.

What exactly IS your problem? Friendly piece of advice here: pull the stick out, if you get my drift.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Okay so it now comes out that they were cortizone shots...so all the haters can STFU now!

tony hipchest
06-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah...

but how man cacti did you hit?

:hunch:is that some west coast slang for ingesting a few peyote buttons for ceremonial purposes?

"hey dog, did you see the size of that chicken?"

"they cant see us, were in the spirit world."

Preacher
06-25-2008, 01:01 AM
is that some west coast slang for ingesting a few peyote buttons for ceremonial purposes?

"hey dog, did you see the size of that chicken?"

LOL.. No..

But, there is always something funny about puking off a cliff

Galax Steeler
06-25-2008, 03:22 AM
This is shocking news!!!

Next they'll be telling us that water is wet, the sky is blue, the Bengals suck, and that one day we will all die!!!

good one :applaudit:

Elvis
06-25-2008, 03:38 AM
The way I look at this Bradshaw thing is, its just water under the bridge.. who didnt do the injection thing back in the 70's. I think that they should suspend him atleast 4 games though
:wink02:

stillers4me
06-25-2008, 05:31 AM
is that some west coast slang for ingesting a few peyote buttons for ceremonial purposes?

One of my favorite lines from a movie! :applaudit:

steelymcmatt
06-25-2008, 05:36 AM
I've been trying to figure out why Bradshaw would feel the need to tell us about his steroid use now, 30 years after the fact, but I think I've got it "Look kids, if you use steroids like me you will be this goofy looking someday!"

missedgehead
06-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Fansince '76,

No disrespect, but I don't have a "stick up there." I like to solve problems. I don't have blinders on pretending nothing is wrong. I mean, Hometown Gal questioned me as to whether I am a Steelers fan so I gave her an honest answer. I thought you all wanted honesty on here. As a Christian, I believe in being honest. I do not believe in lying to people. I do not believe that to be a Steelers fan, you have to hate the Patriots. I do not believe in "Monkey see, monkey do, monkey does the same as you." That is not my philosophy. I don't believe in the philosophy of "Everyone is doing it." That is all.

Again, no disrespect.

Ok?

X-Terminator
06-25-2008, 09:05 AM

Well, you have certainly said so, because anyone here can go to your MySpace page listed in your profile and see for themselves that you do, in fact, root for the Pats* and "Ass Chin" Brady.

If you're going to try to baffle us with bullshit, you might not want to put evidence to the contrary out there for all to see.

As a Christian, I believe in being honest. I do not believe in lying to people.

Oh, the irony...

I do not believe that to be a Steelers fan, you have to hate the Patriots.

You may as well say "I do not believe that to be a Steelers fan, you have to hate the Browns." Or the Ratbirds. Or the Bungles. Or the Cowgirls. Any self-respecting, REAL Steelers fan hates the Patriots* with every fiber of their being. The end.

St33lersguy
06-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I've been trying to figure out why Bradshaw would feel the need to tell us about his steroid use now, 30 years after the fact,

that's exactly what i want to know

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Well, you have certainly said so, because anyone here can go to your MySpace page listed in your profile and see for themselves that you do, in fact, root for the Pats* and "Ass Chin" Brady.

If you're going to try to baffle us with bullshit, you might not want to put evidence to the contrary out there for all to see.

Oh, the irony...

You may as well say "I do not believe that to be a Steelers fan, you have to hate the Browns." Or the Ratbirds. Or the Bungles. Or the Cowgirls. Any self-respecting, REAL Steelers fan hates the Patriots* with every fiber of their being. The end.

Hmmmm....methinks something smells like troll.:fart:

revefsreleets
06-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Curiouser and curiouser...

Dino 6 Rings
06-25-2008, 10:46 AM
My Reasoning.

The United States is the Greatest Country in the history of man kind.
The NFL is the greatest Sport in the United States
The Steelers are the Greatest Dynasty in the History of the NFL.
The QB is the most important position on any football team.

By using that Reasoning, I can say with confidence the following.

Terry Bradshaw was the most important athlete on the Greatest Team Ever in the Best Sport of all time in the Greatest Nation in the Existance of man.

Therefore, I Ordain the Following to be true:

Terry Bradshaw is the greatest athlete in the history of Planet Earth.

by the way

I Love Terry Bradshaw.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-25-2008, 10:55 AM
My Reasoning.

Terry Bradshaw was the most important athlete on the Greatest Team Ever in the Best Sport of all time in the Greatest Nation in the Existance of man.

Therefore, I Decree the Following to be true:

by the way

I Love Terry Bradshaw.

Since you are a fan of the most important athlete on the Greatest Team Ever in the Best Sport of all time in the Greatest Nation in the Existance of man....

Doesnt that make you the greatest fan in the history of Planet Earth?:king:

Dino 6 Rings
06-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Since you are a fan of the most important athlete on the Greatest Team Ever in the Best Sport of all time in the Greatest Nation in the Existance of man....

Doesnt that make you the greatest fan in the history of Planet Earth?:king:

Yes in fact it does. Thank you for recognizing you are in the presence of Greatness

:tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Yes in fact it does. Thank you for recognizing you are in the presence of Greatness

:tt02:

LOL!!!!:bowdown::king:

missedgehead
06-25-2008, 11:09 AM
X Terminator:

You said that "every Steeler fan would hate the Pats with every fiber of their being" or whatever.

Well, I just think that is just silly. I do not have to go by that to be a Steeler fan. I worship Jesus. I do not worship a bunch of football players. To be honest, the problem I have with a lot of sports fans is that they worship these sports stars as if they are somebody important. They are not anybody important if you ask me. I never saw the purpose of worshipping some dumb jock who makes millions of dollars playing a children's game if you ask me. I just admire them for their talents, and watch them on tv or try to attend a game or whatever and try to just like them as ENTERTAINERS. I don't try to take it so personal and try to make being a fan of a team like a religion. The only religion I follow is Christianity. Sorry if I violated the so called "religion" of Steelerdom, but I don't believe in going along to getting along. I guess like there are "Cafeteria Catholics" (Roman Catholics who don't follow everything the Church says), I guess I will be a "Cafeteria Steeler fan" if you all think that being a Steeler fan is such a "religion" to you all. I politely disagree so I just want to say we can agree to disagree. OK?

The_WARDen
06-25-2008, 02:05 PM
X Terminator:

You said that "every Steeler fan would hate the Pats with every fiber of their being" or whatever.

Well, I just think that is just silly. I do not have to go by that to be a Steeler fan. I worship Jesus. I do not worship a bunch of football players. To be honest, the problem I have with a lot of sports fans is that they worship these sports stars as if they are somebody important. They are not anybody important if you ask me. I never saw the purpose of worshipping some dumb jock who makes millions of dollars playing a children's game if you ask me. I just admire them for their talents, and watch them on tv or try to attend a game or whatever and try to just like them as ENTERTAINERS. I don't try to take it so personal and try to make being a fan of a team like a religion. The only religion I follow is Christianity. Sorry if I violated the so called "religion" of Steelerdom, but I don't believe in going along to getting along. I guess like there are "Cafeteria Catholics" (Roman Catholics who don't follow everything the Church says), I guess I will be a "Cafeteria Steeler fan" if you all think that being a Steeler fan is such a "religion" to you all. I politely disagree so I just want to say we can agree to disagree. OK?

Too deep for me...I have to get outta this pool!

:willy:

Dino 6 Rings
06-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Oh, in case it hasn't been made clear. I do Love Terry Bradshaw.

slashsteel
06-25-2008, 04:35 PM
I do not believe that to be a Steelers fan, you have to hate the Patriots

No but it sure helps! :tt02:

As it is ok for you to be religious, it is ok if Steeler fans are religious about their team.

--------------------> A diehard fanatic knows no other way.

millwalldavey
06-25-2008, 04:37 PM
No but it sure helps! :tt02:

As it is ok for you to be religious, it is ok if Steeler fans are religious about their team.

--------------------> A diehard fanatic knows no other way.

Thats just beautiful!

Pats are a bunch of chodes BTW.

Dino 6 Rings
06-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Just got back from burning incense and bowing 30 times to my Terry Bradshaw Idol and placing new flowers in the Temple of Terry that I have built near my house.

What did I miss?

millwalldavey
06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Hmmm... need some asterisks I guess... after all they were doing legal (for 39 years ago) drugs, prescribed by a Dr. for muscle recovery...

Damn those cheaters! LOL!

tony hipchest
06-25-2008, 05:11 PM
this just in-

terry admitted to using rogaine, horse mane and tail, and calling his own plays.

he also admitted he was funny.

oh, and did i mention he called his own plays?

Preacher
06-25-2008, 05:19 PM
this just in-

terry admitted to using rogaine, horse mane and tail, and calling his own plays.

he also admitted he was funny.

oh, and did i mention he called his own plays?

Rogaine?

Tony,

there is some things that the evidence just proves did not happen!

stillers4me
06-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Still doesn't explain the nekkid room.

TackleMeBen
06-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Still doesn't explain the nekkid room.
do we really want an explanation??:chuckle:

beSteelmyheart
06-25-2008, 07:32 PM
My cat get steroids for his asthma, for crying out loud! (Prednisone) Has he turned into an aggressive guy who beats up on my other guys? Nah, he just lays around all day!lol
Terry is the Man. Terry will always be the Man. :tt03: And anyone who tries to argue this with me might as well save their breath & go away.

Preacher
06-25-2008, 07:43 PM
do we really want an explanation??:chuckle:

Well,

With a name like TackleMeTerry, I would think you would!

X-Terminator
06-25-2008, 10:29 PM
X Terminator:

No, I said a REAL Steelers fan hates the Patriots with every fiber of their being. Let's get it right. Being a "Cafeteria Steelers fan" pretty much exempts you from that distinction.

I also don't believe I said anyone should worship athletes. The last thing ANYONE should do is worship athletes. They are no different than anyone else, they are human, and boy, do they prove that day after day when you see the list of them being busted that reads like a police blotter.

You still did not address the fact that you were less than truthful when you said you weren't a Pats* fan when the evidence to the contrary is right there for everyone to see, but that's OK. I wasn't expecting anything different.

Also, I think it's pretty interesting that you claim to be a Christian, yet you root for a bunch of cheaters (the Pats*) and are a fan of a guy who cheated on his wife with his best friend's girlfriend (Edge, or Adam Copeland, if you prefer), people who engaged in un-Christian-like behavior. Pretty interesting indeed.

But we can agree to disagree if you'd like.

tony hipchest
06-26-2008, 12:31 AM
hey X-T, your comments here prompted its own thread over on the bleating sheep site, in which i was linked for taking patards "out of context".:fishing:

:sofunny:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=923079#post923079 (i.e. :crying01:)

does one need any more proof that they are the least knowledgable fans in football? hell, they dont even know what out of context is. how do you take somebody out of context when you provide the whole transcript of exactly everything that was said? :busted: i cant help it that the majority of them fools didnt know what the rules were in the 70's (let alone much of anything nfl related before 2001)

does anyone need any further proof that they are is the whiningest fanbase in all of football?

they no longer have walsh or specter to whine about, so they will whine about tony hipchest, x-terminator, and terry bradshaw.

:rofl: :binky: :rofl:

anyways, it didnt take a genius to predict insecure patards would immediately try to vindicate their teams cheating by equating it with atheletes taking epiderals and cortizone shots back in the 70's. :rolleyes:

it must suck to be that envious of a true dynasty.

"go celtics" :tt02: lol

fansince'76
06-26-2008, 12:46 AM
hey X-T, your comments here prompted its own thread over on the bleating sheep site, in which i was linked for taking patards "out of context".

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=923079#post923079

Since that's the case -

How's it going, you bunch of bandwagon-riding, RW&B Kool-Aid-chugging douchebags? :flipoff:

paw-n-maul-u
06-26-2008, 01:22 AM
No, I said a REAL Steelers fan hates the Patriots with every fiber of their being. Let's get it right. Being a "Cafeteria Steelers fan" pretty much exempts you from that distinction.

I also don't believe I said anyone should worship athletes. The last thing ANYONE should do is worship athletes. They are no different than anyone else, they are human, and boy, do they prove that day after day when you see the list of them being busted that reads like a police blotter.

You still did not address the fact that you were less than truthful when you said you weren't a Pats* fan when the evidence to the contrary is right there for everyone to see, but that's OK. I wasn't expecting anything different.

Also, I think it's pretty interesting that you claim to be a Christian, yet you root for a bunch of cheaters (the Pats*) and are a fan of a guy who cheated on his wife with his best friend's girlfriend (Edge, or Adam Copeland, if you prefer), people who engaged in un-Christian-like behavior. Pretty interesting indeed.

But we can agree to disagree if you'd like.

sorry X, but that is a dumbass argument also. Santonio has like 8 kids from 19 different women. Harrison and Wilson have both laid the pimp hand down, and I can imagine there are severallllllllll other incidents that we don't know about that players (REAL PEOPLE) have had, several of which would violate the 10 Commandments. I'm not a very religious person at all, and yes, what a stupid arguement to pull a religion card on a NFL team message board (the guy u were arguing with) , but I feel you are both pretty stupid arguing about that.

Back to the topic at hand. Terry Bradshaw is absolutely ridiculous. I "worship" (ahahahahahahha) the guy, but the man says anything that pops into his head. He's awesome. If anyone thinks that terry bradshaw was all juiced up during his playing days, back acne roid raging and all, welll danggggg , your QB should have too!!!!

Preacher
06-26-2008, 02:17 AM
hey X-T, your comments here prompted its own thread over on the bleating sheep site, in which i was linked for taking patards "out of context".:fishing:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=923079#post923079 (i.e. :crying01:)

does one need any more proof that they are the least knowledgable fans in football? hell, they dont even know what out of context is. how do you take somebody out of context when you provide the whole transcript of exactly everything that was said? :busted: i cant help it that the majority of them fools didnt know what the rules were in the 70's (let alone much of anything nfl related before 2001)

does anyone need any further proof that they are is the whiningest fanbase in all of football?

they no longer have walsh or specter to whine about, so they will whine about tony hipchest, x-terminator, and terry bradshaw.

anyways, it didnt take a genius to predict insecure patards would immediately try to vindicate their teams cheating by equating it with atheletes taking epiderals and cortizone shots back in the 70's. :rolleyes:

I wonder if we kNow Many of the posters on that site? :chuckle:

HometownGal
06-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Since that's the case -

How's it going, you bunch of bandwagon-riding, RW&B Kool-Aid-chugging douchebags? :flipoff:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: We should be honored - we were mentioned too! :drink::thumbsup:

You forgot to add "cheating" to your description. :chuckle:

I find Cheatsies* fans very hypocritical to say the least. How sad that they still continue to thump their chests knowing that their franchise and team were proven to be cheaters and have become the pariah of the NFL. but yet have the stones to point their fingers at Steelers fans who present clear cut facts with regard to this topic. :shake02:

Hey shitbags - one more time - steroids were not illegal in that era. :upyours: Guess you wouldn't know that, though, as the majority of you didn't even know the Cheats* existed before 2001. :coffee:

millwalldavey
06-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Pats are still chodes.

X-Terminator
06-26-2008, 09:07 AM

Well that's nice. I won't be reading it, though, because I could give less than a tinker's damn what anyone says on their own message board, and I sure as hell don't give a tinker's damn what anyone says about me. I'm not here to win friends and influence people - I just post my thoughts. I have more important things to worry about than a bunch of Pats* fans whining about whatever on the Internet.

sorry X, but that is a dumbass argument also. Santonio has like 8 kids from 19 different women. Harrison and Wilson have both laid the pimp hand down, and I can imagine there are severallllllllll other incidents that we don't know about that players (REAL PEOPLE) have had, several of which would violate the 10 Commandments. I'm not a very religious person at all, and yes, what a stupid arguement to pull a religion card on a NFL team message board (the guy u were arguing with) , but I feel you are both pretty stupid arguing about that.

Back to the topic at hand. Terry Bradshaw is absolutely ridiculous. I "worship" (ahahahahahahha) the guy, but the man says anything that pops into his head. He's awesome. If anyone thinks that terry bradshaw was all juiced up during his playing days, back acne roid raging and all, welll danggggg , your QB should have too!!!!

Right, which is why I said this:

Or did you happen to skip over that part?

I wasn't the one who brought religion into it, so don't blame me for responding to it and pointing out the inconsistency.

Dino 6 Rings
06-26-2008, 04:31 PM
My Reasoning.

Therefore, I Ordain the Following to be true:

by the way

I Love Terry Bradshaw.

After further Review I have determined that the Above Post by Me is in fact 100% correct in all areas of its recognition of Terry Bradshaw as the Greatest Athlete in the history of Planet Earth.

Thank you all for playing.

CB1977
06-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Re: Terry Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use..

Who cares??? :coffee:

steel striker
06-28-2008, 08:18 AM
I got no problem with guys who will use a steroids to recover from an injury but, it has to end there. After that you are playing with fire. I love Bradshaw and, I think you will hear more guys coming and saying the same thing Terrry did. If the doctor and trainer told you take this and, you will recover a two weeks or a month sooner than if you did not take them what would you do? I only have a problem with guys who used them all the time there bodies fall apart.

Dino 6 Rings
06-30-2008, 10:23 AM
I remember when I visited the Hall of Fame many years ago, like 8 years ago or so, I remember seeing Terry's bust and kissing it on the head. I was so happy. Why? Well its obvious isn't it.

I Love Terry Bradshaw!

HometownGal
06-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Well its obvious isn't it.

I Love Terry Bradshaw!

"Obvious". Very ironic. :scratchchin:

For the record, Dino - speaking for myself and the majority of my friends who are diehard Steelers fans, jealousy doesn't play into the reason why we feel the way we do about the Pats*. With an organization as successful as the Steelers have been for over 35 years, how could any rational Steelers fan be "jealous" of any other team? :doh: It isn't the Pats* players I don't like or respect - it's Kraft and Beliprick* who I have no degree of respect for any longer. I cannot in good conscience respect anyone who cheats (and tries to cover it up) to gain an advantage. To this day, my late father would kick me square in the ass (or send a lightning bolt from the heavens) if I lied or cheated to one-up someone else.

MasterOfPuppets
06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
I remember when I visited the Hall of Fame many years ago, like 8 years ago or so, I remember seeing Terry's bust and kissing it on the head. I was so happy. Why? Well its obvious isn't it.

I Love Terry Bradshaw!no offence.....but ummmmm....that's kinda creepy...:nervous: i'm sure if you told bradshaw that story, a restraining order would be forthcoming...:sofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
no offence.....but ummmmm....that's kinda creepy...:nervous: i'm sure if you told bradshaw that story, a restraining order would be forthcoming...:sofunny:

Terry and I have an agreement, as long as I don't kiss him on the head in public, he's cool with it. :tt02:

MasterOfPuppets
07-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Terry and I have an agreement, as long as I don't kiss him on the head in public, he's cool with it. :tt02::toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
08-06-2008, 12:03 PM
For the Record. I STILL LOVE TERRY BRADSHAW!!!!

Hapa
08-09-2008, 11:23 AM
That's probably why he lost all his hair so early...

Steelman16
08-10-2008, 02:00 AM
That's probably why he lost all his hair so early...

Probably more from taking a pounding in his first few years with the Steelers...

Matt Hasselbeck lost his hair early too...hmmmm.... :popcorn:

Dino 6 Rings
08-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Terry Bradshaw isn't bald, the top of his head is a solar panel.