PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kemoeatu taking over

brsteelers
06-25-2008, 02:14 PM
How good do you think that Chris Kemoeatu will become? The offensive line would seem to be the area the Steelers should be most concerned with and replacing Faneca obviously isn't going to be easy. That said, there are a lot of people, including the Steelers O-Line coach, that believe Kemoeatu is going to be pretty darned good.

Article on Chris Kemoeatu: http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/steelers/11768

Lord Stiller
06-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Kemo will be pretty damn good IMO

He is big, strong and has a mean streak.

only negatives i see is he is not that mobile so dont expect to see him pulling down the line like Faneca did

Preacher
06-25-2008, 02:47 PM
How good do you think that Chris Kemoeatu will become? The offensive line would seem to be the area the Steelers should be most concerned with and replacing Faneca obviously isn't going to be easy. That said, there are a lot of people, including the Steelers O-Line coach, that believe Kemoeatu is going to be pretty darned good.

Article on Chris Kemoeatu: http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/steelers/11768

Well...

That was a nice positive article. It is good to know that the grades are based not on spring training, but on camp...when they are actually in pads.

The Duke
06-25-2008, 03:15 PM
he may have his mental mistakes here and there, but I think he may actually be a better run blocker and pass protector than faneca the last couple of years.

we keep hearing about his strength and aggressiveness, I can't wait to see it on the field!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
06-25-2008, 03:24 PM
only negatives i see is he is not that mobile so dont expect to see him pulling down the line like Faneca did

I agree with you. Thats why I think that he would be a better fit at the right guard in our offense and Simmons could move to the left.

Lord Stiller
06-25-2008, 04:29 PM
I agree with you. Thats why I think that he would be a better fit at the right guard in our offense and Simmons could move to the left.

i said the same thing a long time and got into massive arguments about it so i didnt bring it up again

slashsteel
06-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I think he will be a stud as a run blocker, pass protection might need some work. But then again that can be said for most of our O-linemen.

smithessmokin
06-25-2008, 04:53 PM
i think he will be good. not great, but just good. he will be a great run blocker, and a above average pass blocker.

19ward86
06-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Well, since we have been talking him up since he has became a steeler i really think he can be the next big time player in the NFL.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-26-2008, 12:48 AM
I think he will be a stud as a run blocker, pass protection might need some work. But then again that can be said for most of our O-linemen.

I agree.....I expect him to dominate in the run blocking but be average in pass protection...He doesn't have to be great but just good enough.....Ben is the type of QB that doesn't need a great OL...He just needs a solid OL....In my opinion the OL wasn't solid but average at best...especially in pass protection....probably poor in pass protection....

paw-n-maul-u
06-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Our left guard pulls on every run it seems like, and faneca was the ABSOLUTE MAN at it. He built jerome bettis, not the other way around. And that is a fact.

Parker is not the back to run behind that kind of offense. SERIOUSLY. Go back and watch the games last year. Parker would hit the line so fast sometimes that the blocking schemes couldn't even get in place, thus, 2 yards and a cloud of dust, or parker trying to automatically default to a "bounce it out to the outside".

Kemo is never going to be able to pull like that. But I think his massive frame will def. help occupy some defenders and ... where he may not create the running lanes like faneca could, His massive size and strenght alone will help occupy some space for other holes to open

Galax Steeler
06-26-2008, 03:31 AM
Kemo will do good this year I think he will pick it up a notch this year I don't think our line will be as bad as some people think.

Steeldude
06-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Kemo will be pretty damn good IMO

He is big, strong and has a mean streak.

his other negative is he isn't too bright. hopefully he has buckled down and learned the playbook.

Steeldude
06-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Our left guard pulls on every run it seems like, and faneca was the ABSOLUTE MAN at it. He built jerome bettis, not the other way around. And that is a fact.

which is why i suggested that simmons move to LG. simmons' only real positive is his speed.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-26-2008, 11:08 AM
his other negative is he isn't too bright. hopefully he has buckled down and learned the playbook.

I keep hearing that Kemo isnt any rocket scientist, but have not seen any proof of that or link or even a bad wonderlic test to back it up. Anybody got one they could post??

I think the kid will be OK. No Pro Bowler, but a lot of teams do well with solid O linemen that work well as a unit. I still hope we can get Alex Mack in next years draft as Kemo, Mack, Simmons would be a solid interior line.

Its the OT's that really worry me for the future.

KeiselPower99
06-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Im confident in our front office that if they felt he wasnt capable of taking over they would have made a move. Ive liked him since we drafted him and cant wait to see him take somebody out this year.

Preacher
06-26-2008, 12:35 PM

Parker is not the back to run behind that kind of offense. SERIOUSLY. Go back and watch the games last year. Parker would hit the line so fast sometimes that the blocking schemes couldn't even get in place, thus, 2 yards and a cloud of dust, or parker trying to automatically default to a "bounce it out to the outside".

Kemo is never going to be able to pull like that. But I think his massive frame will def. help occupy some defenders and ... where he may not create the running lanes like faneca could, His massive size and strenght alone will help occupy some space for other holes to open

May I suggest you go and look at the 75 yard SB run?

Parker waited for Faneca to pull and seal off the lane.

and no, Bettis came to the Steelers with bona fides. He did not "make" Bettis.

In truth, I am rather suspicious that Faneca is a one trick pony... His pass blocking is HORRIBLE. .

missedgehead
06-26-2008, 12:37 PM
I think he will do well. We will have to see how he does in TC. :)

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-26-2008, 03:48 PM
May I suggest you go and look at the 75 yard SB run?

Parker waited for Faneca to pull and seal off the lane.

and no, Bettis came to the Steelers with bona fides. He did not "make" Bettis.

In truth, I am rather suspicious that Faneca is a one trick pony... His pass blocking is HORRIBLE. .

I dont think Faneca's pass blocking is horrible. Remember, he played admirably in 2003 at LT because of injuries. I think his contract situation and lack of familiarity with Mahan caused him to make mistakes.

That being said, Kemo played at Utah in front of Alex Smith and that Urban Meyer offense, so he has pass blocked a lot in college and is more athletic than you would think. I think he can handle a trap block fine......just not as good as Faneca. Its the difference between good and great.

My real concern is that Kemo may be a liability on screen passes, but not like Arians called many of them last year. What Kemo does give is better inline blocking and zone blocking capabilities. He outweighs Faneca by over 30 lbs and is strong like a John Deere tractor.

Tankus_Maximus
06-26-2008, 10:32 PM
That settles it.......I'm gettin my Kemo jersey this summer damnit!!

KEMO'S GONNA KICK SOME ASS!!!!

I hope.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-26-2008, 11:55 PM
That settles it.......I'm gettin my Kemo jersey this summer damnit!!

The cool thing is that if he sucks and gets released after this season, you can always wear it and look in the mirror and it becomes a #86!!.....:thumbsup:

Steeldude
06-27-2008, 11:19 AM
I keep hearing that Kemo isnt any rocket scientist, but have not seen any proof of that or link or even a bad wonderlic test to back it up. Anybody got one they could post??

I think the kid will be OK. No Pro Bowler, but a lot of teams do well with solid O linemen that work well as a unit. I still hope we can get Alex Mack in next years draft as Kemo, Mack, Simmons would be a solid interior line.

Its the OT's that really worry me for the future.

steelers' writers within their camp stated that kemo's slow progress is a result of his problems grasping the playbook. no idea if those links exist any longer. some were also posts on the steelers scout board by these writers.

Preacher
06-27-2008, 05:49 PM
steelers' writers within their camp stated that kemo's slow progress is a result of his problems grasping the playbook. no idea if those links exist any longer. some were also posts on the steelers scout board by these writers.

Steeldude...

I am only quoting you for the subject... not actually directing this post at you.

There is a distinct difference between intelligence, and the ability to comprehend certain things. many people with different learning styles or learning issues take a lot more time to comprehend something.

Now... say that is true of Kemo... he was just getting the book under control... and the entire thing gets changed.

He would take a year or more to get it back under control. that doesn't mean he isn't smart... just that he struggles with that specific area. However, he may excel at on-time processing... that is, seeing something, making spacial/mechanical measurements and determinations from them... and then acting.

Of course... he may just be a dumb man too. But I wouldn't take "understanding the playbook" to be the be all end all.