PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Candy, please

HometownGal
06-26-2008, 06:21 PM
A friend of mine, Candy, has had serious heart problems for the last 10 years. She had a five-graft bypass about 7 years ago and over the last 6 months or so, her health has declined. Candy is only 47 years old. After testing 6 weeks ago, it was determined that the only way to save her was via a heart transplant. She has been in the hospital for the last 6 weeks and this morning, was advised that a heart was found for her. She was supposed to go into surgery at 11 AM this morning, but as the heart was being flown in from the Midwest, the surgery was put off until the heart arrived. She went into surgery around 1:30 this afternoon and is still in surgery as I type this. Candy has had a tough life - she and her late husband adopted a little girl 11 years ago who has some mental impairments and Candy's husband died suddenly 9 years ago when their daughter was just a toddler.

I hold all of the respect in the world for organ donors. It is very, very sad that someone has to pass for another person to live. May God rest this generous person's soul. They will be rewarded in heaven - I have no doubt about that.

Please keep Candy in your prayers - she is going to have a tough road ahead of her, but she is a very strong woman who has kept a very positive attitude! :thumbsup:

TackleMeBen
06-26-2008, 06:25 PM
that is terrible htg. i will say a prayer for her tonight and hope that she has a speedy and full recovery. i wish her the very best.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh204/coloradoj/thoughts%20n%20prayers/prayers-4.gif

fansince'76
06-26-2008, 07:43 PM
You know Candy will be in my thoughts and prayers, Marianne, as well as her little girl. God bless both of them.

UK CANDY BEE
06-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Lord...... since you have the donor in your kingdom, please let it be your will for us to keep the recipient down here with us for awhile longer.........we ask this in the blessed name of Jesus Christ........AMEN !!!

Steelman16
06-26-2008, 09:29 PM
I will keep her in prayer. Prayer is a powerful weapon!

LambertIsGod58
06-27-2008, 05:43 AM
I will most definately keep both Candy and her daughter in my prayers. I'm am also a donor...don't understand why more people don't do it. The gift of life or that of a better life.....how can you give a more precious gift?

HometownGal
06-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Thank you all for the prayers and I'm sure God heard us all! I heard this morning that Candy came through the surgery with flying colors and the new heart is working great! :thumbsup: I want to get down to see her but I'm going to wait until she is out of the ICU Unit, which will probably be a few days or so.

GBMelBlount
06-27-2008, 07:14 AM
That's great news Marianne! I know first hand prayer works. Prayers and best wishes for a fast and full recovery for Candy.

stlrtruck
06-27-2008, 07:27 AM
We'll lift her up in prayers in FL - while you're at it, show her that video of Zie and that should give her a little smirk or two.

HometownGal
06-27-2008, 02:13 PM
We'll lift her up in prayers in FL - while you're at it, show her that video of Zie and that should give her a little smirk or two.

That is an excellent idea! Your adorable little princess could lift anyone's spirits! :thumbsup:

TackleMeBen
06-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Thank you all for the prayers and I'm sure God heard us all! I heard this morning that Candy came through the surgery with flying colors and the new heart is working great! :thumbsup: I want to get down to see her but I'm going to wait until she is out of the ICU Unit, which will probably be a few days or so.
glad to hear the good news. that is probably a good idea too. right after surgery you need your rest(or as much as you can get in a hospital.)

my mom is an organ donor and i was like why are you doing that. and then she said that she wouldnt have any need for them when she was gone so why not and give them to someone who could have another chance. i thought that was a great way of looking at it and now i am one too..

we will keep your friend in our prayers as she recovers marianne :hug:

PAMillerGrrl83
06-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Thoughts and prayers to Candy!

HometownGal
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Thank you all again for your prayers. God has clearly heard them, as Candy is doing very well thus far with her new heart! The therapists had her up out of bed twice yesterday and she did amazingly well! This woman has a spirit and a fight like no other. She is truly an inspiration to me and to everyone who is blessed with her friendship! :drink:

TMB - I used to be an organ donor, but was advised after all of the chemo and radiation I had that my organs probably wouldn't be of much good use. Kudos to your Mom - giving life to another is indeed a priceless gift! :thumbsup::drink:

fansince'76
06-30-2008, 04:31 PM
That's great news! So glad to hear it! :party: :chicken: :banana: :chicken: :party:

stillers4me
06-30-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm so glad to hear your friend is doing well, HTG.

My cousin was brutally taken from us several years ago. He lives on in about 75 other people due to his wish to be an organ donor. Mine is marked on my drivers license. There is no greater gift than the gift of life.

GBMelBlount
06-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Great news! Please give Candy our continued prayers and well wishes!

stlrtruck
07-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Continued prayers for a healthy recovery and God's blessing on Candy

UK CANDY BEE
08-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Any new news ??

I always love saying that...... LOL !!

HometownGal
08-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Any new news ??

I always love saying that...... LOL !!

Thanks for asking, UK. :hug:

Candy is doing very well with her new heart though she tends to want to try to do too much too soon. Her cardiologists and transplant docs are very pleased with her progress thus far but have cautioned her on the need for her to take it easy for a few more months. So far - her body isn't rejecting her new heart and that's a good thing! :drink:

xfl2001fan
08-14-2008, 04:29 PM
That's awesome!!! Glad to hear it. I'll send an extra prayer her way anyways.

UK CANDY BEE
08-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Just curious, is there any info on who the donor heart came from ??

You said something about it coming from someone in the midwest..........

Like.........oh, I don't know.......... a northern Ohio native maybe.......... a Browns fan, perhaps ??:cool:

Wouldn't that be a serious bit or IRONY ??

TroysBadDawg
08-17-2008, 11:56 AM
I am late seeing this but tell her I am praying for her, I was told if I get a new heart the hard part will be after the surgery. The chance of rejection and the mental part. I am praying to god to help her in anyway she needs it.

HometownGal
08-18-2008, 02:01 PM
I am late seeing this but tell her I am praying for her, I was told if I get a new heart the hard part will be after the surgery. The chance of rejection and the mental part. I am praying to god to help her in anyway she needs it.

Thank you, Steve. I know she will really appreciate the prayers. :hug:

fansince'76
08-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Glad to hear she is doing better, Marianne. I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

HometownGal
08-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Glad to hear she is doing better, Marianne. I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

Thanks, Gary. :hug: She is a huge Steelers fan - my next goal is to get her signed up at SF! :tt03:

Texasteel
08-19-2008, 05:48 PM
I've been keeping an eye on this thread even thought I didn't post. Ever one has pretty much spoken for me.
It shouldn't be hard to get her to sign up Marianne , just tell her she has family here.

May God bless her and keep her with us for many, many years.

HometownGal
08-20-2008, 07:51 AM
I've been keeping an eye on this thread even thought I didn't post. Ever one has pretty much spoken for me.
It shouldn't be hard to get her to sign up Marianne , just tell her she has family here.

May God bless her and keep her with us for many, many years.

Yes she does have family here - that is one of the most special things about SF. :drink::hug:

Thank you for the prayer, Texas. I will relay it on to her and I know they will be most appreciated.

Polamalu Princess
08-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Praying and praying.

SteelersMongol
08-24-2008, 09:10 PM
My best wishes & prayers.

Texasteel
08-27-2008, 11:38 AM
How is Candy? Is she still tring to do to much?