PDA

View Full Version : My cavs crapped out in the draft

warddj86
06-26-2008, 09:17 PM
JJ Hickson!!!!

This guy was supposed to be available in the 2nd round.

Wow!!

Mario Chalmers, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Darrell Aurthur, and Courtney Lee were all available too.

:banging:

Steelman16
06-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah...I was disappointed.

Whatever happened to finding a big man for center? Or even Mario Chalmers for crying out loud.

k7brown
06-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Yeah, I'm not too happy either. I am glad that they didnt get Kosta Koufas though, b/c that definitely would have been a wasted pick, b/c he would be just like 'Z'. This Hickson seems to have the right build and he may become a good inside presence, BUT, that probably wont be for a few years.

revefsreleets
06-27-2008, 07:53 AM
Actually, Koufas would have been a fine pick. When he grows into his body, he'll be better than Z, as he can shoot very well for a 7+ footer, and he's already a very accomplished shot blocker. Z is old, too...

Yeah, the Cavs screwed the pooch with this pick...it'll be interesting to see if he develpos over time into a salvagable player.

k7brown
06-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Actually, Koufas would have been a fine pick. When he grows into his body, he'll be better than Z, as he can shoot very well for a 7+ footer, and he's already a very accomplished shot blocker. Z is old, too...

Yeah, the Cavs screwed the pooch with this pick...it'll be interesting to see if he develpos over time into a salvagable player.

See, I dont disagree that he can very well be better than Z. I guess my point is that the Cavs do not need another Z on their team right now. They dont need another 7+ footer that spends more time out by the three point line than in the paint (not that I dont like Z, I really do, I just wouldnt see the point in drafting another player that is a lot like one that we have, just younger).

revefsreleets
06-27-2008, 08:43 AM
I'd rather have a guy who can contribute something right now and a lot more down the road than a guy who most likely will be out of the league or a 12th man 4 years from now.

Mark my words, Koufas is going to be a star in the NBA a few years from now. He needs to learn to play better D and he needs to use his left hand, but he's in an ideal situation with Jerry Sloan to help coach him along.