PDA

View Full Version : Doug Datish (Center)

Kvnfaber
06-27-2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2007/04/Doug_Datish_Bio.aspx

Recently released by the Falcons. He hurt his wrist right after he was drafted last year and didn't get a chance on the field for the Falcons, but I know he can be a good NFL player if given the chance.

I grew up living on the same road as him and watched numerous high school games of him dominating both lines. I followed him as his career went through Ohio state, as I knew him growing up. His dad and mine are buddies to this day. (I played hoops at his house once and he demolished me :P).

The facts are, he was first team all Big Ten his senior year. He has experience at multiple O-Line positions. He didn't allow a sack his entire senior year. He has tons of heart and really would jump on any opportunity. I know there are a lot of players out there that deserve a chance, I just know from years of watching him (often focusing on him instead of the ball during OSU games) that he could really be something that many teams could use.

MasterOfPuppets
06-27-2008, 02:54 PM
cough.mancrush, cough..........just kidding............sure,bring him in,we'll have a look at him ! :toofunny:

k7brown
06-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Hopefully the Steelers jump at the opportunity of picking him up. I liked him when he was with the Buckeyes!!!

Kvnfaber
06-27-2008, 03:28 PM
cough.mancrush, cough..........just kidding............sure,bring him in,we'll have a look at him ! :toofunny:

Haha, he was a friend, I actually hunted with him a few times ( I got the bigger deer), might be the only thing I could brag about over him...ever.. :P I couldn't ask for any more to see him in a Steelers uniform after seeing him excel for the Bucks!

TackleMeBen
06-27-2008, 03:33 PM
well he already has one strike against him.. he played for that other team down south..lol:chuckle:

seriously, it couldnt hurt to bring him in and look at him... lord knows we need help at center.

paw-n-maul-u
06-27-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah, you guys went hunting ...

... brokeback style

43Hitman
06-27-2008, 03:55 PM

... brokeback style

ZING!:sofunny:

43Hitman
06-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Seriously though, I agree that the Steelers should at least give him a look.

Dino 6 Rings
06-27-2008, 05:27 PM
From Mahan at Center the the potential of a 4th Center on the roster. I like it.

Steelman16
06-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Dat ish goot, do ya play center perchance? :toofunny:

Wouldn't hurt to take a look at him. God knows we don't have any answers yet at center.

Preacher
06-27-2008, 06:39 PM
I like the possibility of a young center to groom for the job as well.

19ward86
06-27-2008, 08:52 PM
I dont know what makes a great center so ill leave the analyzing up to Tomlin and crew.

MasterOfPuppets
06-27-2008, 11:43 PM

... brokeback styleohhhhhhhhhhhh.....SNAP!!!!..........i can't believe ya went there......:toofunny:

Galax Steeler
06-28-2008, 05:18 AM
I say it would be worth a try but they must be more then a wrist injury cause nobody else is looking at him either.

rbryan
06-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Most here were happy when we took the QB from Oregon with our #5 because the chances of any OL taken in that slot making an impact were slim and none. What makes you think that an injured 7th rounder thats already been cut is going to help??

43Hitman
06-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Most here were happy when we took the QB from Oregon with our #5 because the chances of any OL taken in that slot making an impact were slim and none. What makes you think that an injured 7th rounder thats already been cut is going to help??

Because we need depth, and we are not using a 5th or 7th on him. We would be simply bringing him in for a look. I don't see how it could hurt.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-28-2008, 10:33 AM

Datish is worth a look for two reasons:
1) there is some truth that Ohio State has put out some very capable Centers into the NFL...since 2002 I can think of ...Nick Mangold...Alex Stepanovich ...LeCharles Bentley.

2) Datish is still a relatively unknown...having never had the chance to prove anything...and at 6'4 305 he may be able to be moved to guard

I generally hate the "lets bring this guy in" threads...but when it comes to the middle three positions on our O-Line....I dont mind a high level of competition.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-28-2008, 10:47 AM

I'm with you. But, you forgot to mention that he got cut......by the Falcons.

Hartwig, Mahan, Stapleton are already here, why add another mediocre guy to the bunch? Look at the resume of Hartwig and he will be the centre, then somebody can be drafted in the next year or 2 to be his successor.

TackleMeBen
06-28-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm with you. But, you forgot to mention that he got cut......by the Falcons.

Hartwig, Mahan, Stapleton are already here, why add another mediocre guy to the bunch? Look at the resume of Hartwig and he will be the centre, then somebody can be drafted in the next year or 2 to be his successor.
b/c we all know how cheap our team is..lol :chuckle:

Kvnfaber
06-30-2008, 12:09 PM
I say it would be worth a try but they must be more then a wrist injury cause nobody else is looking at him either.

NVM guys, I was informed yesterday that the COLTS picked him up, and their O-Line is a lot better than ours (atleast in recent seasons). I hope for the best for him. And I don't mean that in a brokeback way, because seriously any relations with him in a brokeback manner would leave me with a real broken back!

P.S. The Colts love mah Buckeyes!

MasterOfPuppets
06-30-2008, 12:11 PM
NVM guys, I was informed yesterday that the COLTS picked him up, and their O-Line is a lot better than ours (atleast in recent seasons). I hope for the best for him. And I don't mean that in a brokeback way, because seriously any relations with him in a brokeback manner would leave me with a real broken back!

P.S. The Colts love mah Buckeyes!:rofl: