PDA

View Full Version : Patriots DB Andrews nabbed for assaulting girlfriend with firearm

Mosca
06-30-2008, 07:57 PM
MANSFIELD, Mass. (AP) -- New England Patriots defensive back Willie Andrews was held without bail Monday after allegedly pointing a handgun at his girlfriend's head.

Andrews was arrested Monday after the alleged incident that occurred at about 1 a.m. after he returned home and an argument began between him and his girlfriend, according to Gregg Miliote, director of communications for the Bristol County district attorney's office.

Andrews, a backup since being drafted by the Patriots in the last round in 2006, was charged with illegal possession of a large capacity firearm and assault with a dangerous weapon, Miliote said. He said Andrews was held without bail pending the results of a dangerousness hearing Thursday.

"The New England Patriots take the conduct of our players very seriously," the team said in a statement. "We are aware of the very disturbing and alarming reports regarding Willie Andrews. We will not offer any additional comment, as is our policy regarding pending legal matters."

In February, Andrews was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and driving an unregistered motor vehicle. In May, he admitted in court that there was enough evidence to convict him at trial but did not plead guilty.

In the latest incident, Andrews' girlfriend told police he waved his arm and the gun he was holding touched her temple, Miliote said. Police were called at 1:39 a.m. and Andrews was arrested about three hours later. About five hours after his arrest, at 9:45 a.m., the gun was found next to a trash receptacle by workers near the complex in which Andrews lived, Miliote said.

Andrews, 24, was drafted by the Patriots in the seventh round out of Baylor. He played in 12 regular season games and three postseason games in 2007, almost exclusively on special teams, and scored his first NFL touchdown on a 77-yard kickoff return on Oct. 21 in a 49-28 win over Miami.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/06/30/pats.andrews.ap/index.html

RoethlisBURGHer
06-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Douchebag, that is all.

Atlanta Dan
06-30-2008, 09:24 PM
MANSFIELD, Mass. (AP) -

"The New England Patriots take the conduct of our players very seriously," the team said in a statement. "We are aware of the very disturbing and alarming reports regarding Willie Andrews. We will not offer any additional comment, as is our policy regarding pending legal matters."

In February, Andrews was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and driving an unregistered motor vehicle. In May, he admitted in court that there was enough evidence to convict him at trial but did not plead guilty.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/06/30/pats.andrews.ap/index.html

So you take the conduct of your players so seriously that you do not cut a player after he admits there is enough evidence to convict him on the possession with intent to distribute charge?:laughing:

Fish rots from the head down in Pats Land.

PAMillerGrrl83
06-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Ack wth...seriousley.

GBMelBlount
06-30-2008, 10:20 PM
So you take the conduct of your players so seriously that you do not cut a player after he admits there is enough evidence to convict him on the possession with intent to distribute charge?:laughing:

Fish rots from the head down in Pats Land.

:thmbup:

The Patriot
06-30-2008, 10:26 PM
We're like the Bengals of 2008!

Galax Steeler
07-01-2008, 04:53 AM
We're like the Bengals of 2008!

I don't think nobody will ever be close to what there criminal record is.

TackleMeBen
07-01-2008, 06:39 AM
i think you are right. the bengals are in a league of their own when it comes to criminal records..lol

revefsreleets
07-01-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't know, the Pats are sure doing their best to try and play catch up. Then again, rot at the core spreads out, so...

TackleMeBen
07-01-2008, 10:42 AM
I don't know, the Pats are sure doing their best to try and play catch up. Then again, rot at the core spreads out, so...
yeah that is true..:thumbsup:

KeiselPower99
07-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Just another good ol Boston area Pistle Whip.

Dino 6 Rings
07-01-2008, 11:37 AM
So, I wonder, really...if there isn't a Randy Moss effect going on here. Your front office brings in a guy with tons of baggage and off the field issues, and suddenly, other guys are getting into trouble all over the place.

Isn't that kind of like when you have 2 kids, and one does something bad but you forgive them...the 2nd will do something bad too just because you let the 1st get away with it.

But heck, Randy scores points, who cares what happens to the locker room.

Just saying, anyone that didn't see this type of behavior coming from newer younger guys on the same roster as Randy just didn't have their eyes open.

revefsreleets
07-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Can you feel it? That worm is turning up in Mass. What went around is coming around. They'll still be pretty good this year (but they aren't even going to sniff the Super Bowl), but they peaked last year...I can't wait for their division rivals "revenge blow-out" games, where they keep the starters in all 4 quarters and run it up on the Cheats. And they'll have absolutely no one to blame but their utterly classless selves.

Dino 6 Rings
07-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I tend to agree with you Rev, especailly about the 'revenge' games. In 10 years the owners of the Jets, Dolphins, Bills will remember some of the embarressment they faced at the hands of the Pats and when the Pats are down again, which inevitably they will be, people are going to enjoy kicking them, and kicking them hard.

stlrtruck
07-01-2008, 03:18 PM
I tend to agree with you Rev, especailly about the 'revenge' games. In 10 years the owners of the Jets, Dolphins, Bills will remember some of the embarressment they faced at the hands of the Pats and when the Pats are down again, which inevitably they will be, people are going to enjoy kicking them, and kicking them hard.

And I can't wait to see it when 31 teams are kicking them like a rented mule and a red headed step child combined!!!!

Atlanta Dan
07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Can you feel it? That worm is turning up in Mass. What went around is coming around. They'll still be pretty good this year (but they aren't even going to sniff the Super Bowl), but they peaked last year.

I hope so, but the recent trend in the AFC has been to win the SB (Steelers 2005/Colts 2006) the year after the great regular season

Jax and the Chargers are the trendy AFC picks but I still fear and loathe the Pats

The Duke
07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
:coffee:

the patriots are still making headlines?

Jax and the Chargers are the trendy AFC picks but I still fear and loathe the Pats

never fear a man, just respect them. but in the pats case you can't respect them so screw them :flap:

The Patriot
07-01-2008, 04:17 PM
We still have Brady and Moss. Try not to overlook that. :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
07-01-2008, 04:21 PM
We still have Brady and Moss. Try not to overlook that. :wink02:for now.....injurys happen ya know...:chuckle: the cheaters didn't exactly endear themselves to other teams last year....as a matter of fact, i'd say they made a few enemies......:popcorn:

The Duke
07-01-2008, 04:41 PM
well, he was apparently released...

Scout.com's Adam Caplan reports that the Patriots released Willie Andrews.
The Boston Globe has confirmed the news, which was expected after Andrews' latest gun-related arrest. The third-year pro was no lock to make the roster after failing to develop at cornerback. He's a fine returner.

http://www.rotoworld.com

revefsreleets
07-01-2008, 09:06 PM
I said they'd still be good. But it won't last. Brady/Moss will still be a potent fantasy combo, but that's only going to take the team so far.

Pats days are over. And good riddance. The Nixon White House was like a convent compared to the racket they are running up in Foxboro.

TackleMeBen
07-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Patriots cut Andrews one day after arrest

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - The New England Patriots released defensive back Willie Andrews on Tuesday, one day after he was arrested for allegedly pointing a handgun at his girlfriend's head.

The team had issued a statement Monday, saying, "The New England Patriots take the conduct of our players very seriously. We are aware of the very disturbing and alarming reports regarding Willie Andrews. We will not offer any additional comment, as is our policy regarding pending legal matters."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8302190/Patriots-cut-Andrews-one-day-after-arrest

yeah like you take cheating very seriously..who are you trying to kid there..lol

Dino 6 Rings
07-02-2008, 12:18 PM
We still have Brady and Moss. Try not to overlook that. :wink02:

Yeah, they were "clutch" in February too weren't they.

KeiselPower99
07-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Brady is a douche.

The Patriot
07-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah, they were "clutch" in February too weren't they.

Where were you in February?

MasterOfPuppets
07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Where were you in February?probably watching brady eatin turf,just like you were......:sofunny:

fansince'76
07-02-2008, 05:32 PM

Watching the "Greatest Team Ever" choke their collective ass off. :coffee:

fansince'76
07-02-2008, 05:35 PM
probably watching brady eatin turf,just like you were......:sofunny:

D_ld7ttWPZU

"Does Plax play defense?" :jerkit:

MasterOfPuppets
07-02-2008, 05:57 PM
that just never gets old.......:toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
07-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Where were you in February?you know, the steelers may not have been in the SB last year......but i GUARANTEE , that steeler fans enjoyed it much more than patriot fans.....:toofunny: :rofl:

HometownGal
07-03-2008, 07:36 AM

Sitting in my nice warm house watching the Giants D make A$$ Chin a turf pizza. :laughing::rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
07-03-2008, 12:57 PM

I was busy watching an over rated, over hyped offense get its head knocked in for 4 quarters and busy watching an immature 2nd best QB in his family make the best defensive coach in leagues defense look like swiss cheese at the most critical time in the game.

How's that buddy?

Dino 6 Rings
07-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Am I wrong or isn't that exactly what happened?

The Patriot
07-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Am I wrong or isn't that exactly what happened?

We didn't win this year but neither did you. All we did last year was join the Steelers in the losers box and beyond your whoops and taunts we're still both in the losers box. So quit the celebration. You guys had to root for Eli in the Superbowl and I'm sure some of you died a little inside.

fansince'76
07-03-2008, 03:55 PM
We didn't win this year but neither did you. All we did last year was join the Steelers in the losers box and beyond your whoops and taunts we're still both in the losers box. So quit the celebration. You guys had to root for Eli in the Superbowl and I'm sure some of you died a little inside.

We weren't practically being handed the Lombardi trophy since April of '07 by every "expert" out there, either. In fact, most picked us to miss the playoffs entirely. We exceeded the expectations set for us. You fell short of the expectations set for you. I had no problem rooting for Eli and the Giants in the SB. Don't like it? Stop coming here.

Dino 6 Rings
07-03-2008, 03:57 PM

Celebration? You're obviously still bitter about the big loss. Its cool. I wasn't celebrating, I was commenting on your "still got Brady and Moss" comment meaning that it wasn't enough last year to have those two. You need to upgrade more. And apparently looking at your roster, I'm not seeing much in the way of getting over the hump. How's that secondary? Linebacker Corp? Who's your kicker again?

How about that TE Position? How's that look? How about that 3rd receiver now? What have they done to Improve themselves? Cause you are not going to "repeat" without improvement each and every year.

There have been 42 Superbowls, we've only won 5 of them. That means, since I've been alive I've witnessed my team not make it over 30 something times. I can deal with the big losses. Trust me. The DVD of our 05 Super Bowl win starts with some of the worst heart breaking losses in our history. I remember each and every one of them.

Nothing will wipe out that bitter awful taste in your humble pie full mouth except raising the trophy. Deal with it.

revefsreleets
07-03-2008, 05:03 PM
What does all this have to do with the gradual implosion of the Patriots from the Front Office down to the back-up players?

NJarhead
07-03-2008, 05:06 PM

Scrambling my way through N.E. to collect as many tears as I could while singing, "Ding-Dong the witch is dead..." :toofunny:

NJarhead
07-03-2008, 05:17 PM

Apparently you've failed to grasp the extent of our hatred of the Patriots. I die a little inside each time Tom Brady throws a TD.., or Randy Moss catches one.., or when either one of them walks off the field under their own power. :chuckle:

The Patriot
07-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Celebration? You're obviously still bitter about the big loss. Its cool. I wasn't celebrating, I was commenting on your "still got Brady and Moss" comment meaning that it wasn't enough last year to have those two. You need to upgrade more. And apparently looking at your roster, I'm not seeing much in the way of getting over the hump. How's that secondary? Linebacker Corp? Who's your kicker again?

How about that TE Position? How's that look? How about that 3rd receiver now? What have they done to Improve themselves? Cause you are not going to "repeat" without improvement each and every year.

There have been 42 Superbowls, we've only won 5 of them. That means, since I've been alive I've witnessed my team not make it over 30 something times. I can deal with the big losses. Trust me. The DVD of our 05 Super Bowl win starts with some of the worst heart breaking losses in our history. I remember each and every one of them.

Nothing will wipe out that bitter awful taste in your humble pie full mouth except raising the trophy. Deal with it.

I was responding to the argument that the Pats are done. They don't need a record-breaking offense to stay in the race. Looking at their schedule, the only games they might be favored to lose are against the Chargers, Colts, and Steelers. Say the Pats go 10-6. That's plenty enough to take the division and, unless the Dolphins have a miraculous turnaround, that should buy them a chance in the playoffs which is really all a season is good for.

The Patriot
07-03-2008, 05:57 PM
I had no problem rooting for Eli and the Giants in the SB. Don't like it? Stop coming here.
You remind me of that Dean from Animal House.

NJarhead
07-03-2008, 06:02 PM

And he WILL put you on Double-Secret Probation too. :chuckle:

fansince'76
07-03-2008, 06:44 PM

Put a sock in it boy - or else you'll be outta here like shit through a goose. :chuckle:

NJarhead
07-03-2008, 07:01 PM
The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me.

I edited it just a bit...Dean Wermer. :wink02:

NJarhead
07-03-2008, 07:03 PM

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

The Patriot
07-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Thank you, sir. May I have another!

NJarhead
07-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Thank you, sir. May I have another!

Your back! Cool, 'cause I thought it was over. Then I thought, wait, "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??" :laughing:

The Patriot
07-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Your back! Cool, 'cause I thought it was over. Then I thought, wait, "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??" :laughing:
I'd like to remind you that the Sox beat the Yankees 7-0 today. :flap: Which totally makes up for being swept by the Rays.

NJarhead
07-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I'd like to remind you that the Sox beat the Yankees 7-0 today. :flap: Which totally makes up for being swept by the Rays.

I'd just like to express one thing, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart when I say, blow it out your ass. :wink02:

Preacher
07-04-2008, 05:06 AM
I edited it just a bit...Dean Wermer. :wink02:

Never mind,

he is on a roll!

stlrtruck
07-04-2008, 09:55 AM

One game makes up for a sweep from the Rays?

So really, how good is the kool-aid? And what happens when the Yankees come back to win the series?

And don't get me wrong, I'm not a yankees fan, I hate the sox and spank-mes equally!

The Patriot
07-04-2008, 10:14 AM
I'd just like to express one thing, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart when I say, blow it our your ass. :wink02:

I understand. :chuckle:

Murabma
07-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I was responding to the argument that the Pats are done. They don't need a record-breaking offense to stay in the race. Looking at their schedule, the only games they might be favored to lose are against the Chargers, Colts, and Steelers. Say the Pats go 10-6. That's plenty enough to take the division and, unless the Dolphins have a miraculous turnaround, that should buy them a chance in the playoffs which is really all a season is good for.

Pride cometh before the fall--if you go 10-6 you may have both us and the Jets to worry about in terms of the division. Two teams that actually improved themselves greatly this offseason and, in our case unlike your team that's getting a bit long in the tooth, having another year under our belts is only a plus....

The Patriot
07-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Pride cometh before the fall--if you go 10-6 you may have both us and the Jets to worry about in terms of the division. Two teams that actually improved themselves greatly this offseason and, in our case unlike your team that's getting a bit long in the tooth, having another year under our belts is only a plus....

Hold on. Let me put the Buffalo Bills on my "list of things to worry about" next to Global Warming and Y2K. :sofunny:

Steelman16
07-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Hold on. Let me put the Buffalo Bills on my "list of things to worry about" next to Global Warming and Y2K. :sofunny:

You could also add Matt Cassel as your starting quarterback after November 30th to that list while you're at it... :chuckle:

Murabma
07-05-2008, 02:00 PM
You could also add Matt Cassel as your starting quarterback after November 30th to that list while you're at it... :chuckle:

We'll see if Tommy Boy makes it that long. There was an awful lot of ill will engendered last year on the Pats "run up" (pun intended) to the SB. Some of that may come back to bite them in the arse, "Vince Wilfork /Rodney Harrison style". If it does, with Matt Cassel at QB, even this loaded team is no better than 8-8 and BB will look pretty dumb/arrogant for going into the season with someone like Cassel as his back up when there are other vets available that could salvage a Brady-less season for them. My guess is that even like someone like Culpepper could guide that team to 10-11 wins and get them into the dance.....

Think I'll go watch that SB again just for our buddy above--I've still got it TIVOed in HighDef and just love to watch it over and over again. Yessirree, the biggest choke job in NFL history, by a longshot......

revefsreleets
07-05-2008, 03:34 PM
It bears repeating: It will be a pleasure and a joy to watch the NFC East rivals get their revenge on the classless Pats over the next few years. No team deserves their comeuppance quite the way the Cheats do.

The Patriot
07-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Think I'll go watch that SB again just for our buddy above--I've still got it TIVOed in HighDef and just love to watch it over and over again. Yessirree, the biggest choke job in NFL history, by a longshot......

The Patriots racked up 94 points in two games against the Bills last year. It might take more than a "pretty good offseason" to turn that around.

As for "the biggest choke job in NFL history" all I can say is;
1990, 1991, 1992, & 1993. :grin:

Murabma
07-05-2008, 08:25 PM
The Patriots racked up 94 points in two games against the Bills last year. It might take more than a "pretty good offseason" to turn that around.

As for "the biggest choke job in NFL history" all I can say is;
1990, 1991, 1992, & 1993. :grin:

All of which we're all long over and none of which come remotely close to the choke job pulled this past February, with football immortality on the line. My personal favorite was watching Belijerk leave the field early in his usual classless manner--I'm absoprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterp rofanityfilteringlutely sure it was to go cry in the locker room. Now that's something I'd have pay per viewed!

As for the games this year--we'll see about that smart guy. I can guarantee you it will be a heckuva lot closer than last year (but then again, that's not saying much). Difference between our team and yours is that in about 2 years a lot of our guys will be hitting their prime (and we've got most of them locked up) and a lot of yours will be out of football or nearly so. If your recent draft history is any bellweather (Brandon Meriweather and who else made the team from your draft last year?), you may find yourselves on the receiving end of a few of those beatdowns Belijerk liked to administer last year. Remember, what goes around comes around, so no crying when it inevitably happens.

My remaining question is are you going to go back and root for the Cowboys once the Pats suck again (or whoever it was you probably rooted for before you hopped on the wagon)?

HometownGal
07-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to the Blast Furnace this thread go(es). :whistle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-05-2008, 08:45 PM
The Patriots racked up 94 points in two games against the Bills last year....

...it was almost like they knew what the Bills signals were....weird huh?:tap:

Preacher
07-05-2008, 08:57 PM
...it was almost like they knew what the Bills signals....weird huh?:tap:

:chuckle:

Imagine that.

You know, if I didn't know better, I would think that maybe they were getting them somehow.

The Patriot
07-05-2008, 09:46 PM
All of which we're all long over and none of which come remotely close to the choke job pulled this past February, with football immortality on the line. My personal favorite was watching Belijerk leave the field early in his usual classless manner--I'm absoprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterp rofanityfilteringlutely sure it was to go cry in the locker room. Now that's something I'd have pay per viewed!

As for the games this year--we'll see about that smart guy. I can guarantee you it will be a heckuva lot closer than last year (but then again, that's not saying much). Difference between our team and yours is that in about 2 years a lot of our guys will be hitting their prime (and we've got most of them locked up) and a lot of yours will be out of football or nearly so. If your recent draft history is any bellweather (Brandon Meriweather and who else made the team from your draft last year?), you may find yourselves on the receiving end of a few of those beatdowns Belijerk liked to administer last year. Remember, what goes around comes around, so no crying when it inevitably happens.

My remaining question is are you going to go back and root for the Cowboys once the Pats suck again (or whoever it was you probably rooted for before you hopped on the wagon)?

Wow, what an interesting and unique point of view. I fully respect your differing opinion.

The Patriot
07-05-2008, 09:47 PM
:chuckle:

Imagine that.

You know, if I didn't know better, I would think that maybe they were getting them somehow.

Nah, we'd just be waisting tape.

BettisFan
07-05-2008, 10:55 PM
well its offseason guys what else can we expect in recent times with these guys it just gets worse and worse, lets keep the steelers out of the news please.

Steelman16
07-06-2008, 01:52 AM
well its offseason guys what else can we expect in recent times with these guys it just gets worse and worse, lets keep the steelers out of the news please.

The only time we ever get in the news is when an unsuspecting Full Safety gauruntees a win against the indomitable Thomas Brady & William Belicheck Company. :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Nah, we'd just be waisting tape.

Just recycle...ask Walsh if you can tape over the Pittsburgh tapes that Belicheat used already!!!

Murabma
07-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Wow, what an interesting and unique point of view. I fully respect your differing opinion.

So I take it that means you got nothing with respect to what I posted, particularly on the slenderness of your team's window--in addition to age being a bitch for your team (in two years' time say goodbye to Harrison, Bruschi, Seau and probably Vrabel and don't count on anywhere near the production from Moss or Thomas or even Brady (who'll be 33-34 by then)). In addition, I believe that you've also got contract issues with Wilfork and Seymour whose contracts I've read both expire after 2009 (and doesn't Brady's extension run out about then, too?). As it is, you're already closer to the cap than most teams, so now we all know why Big Bob, despite his lipservice to the contrary, really is one of the owners looking to go uncapped so that he can try to buy a championship when his drafts keep crapping out on him like last year's.....

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-06-2008, 12:47 PM
..... really is one of the owners looking to go uncapped so that he can try to buy a championship when his drafts keep crapping out on him like last year's.....

1st round -- Brandon Meriweather -- Defensive back only played as a reserve/special teamer despite problems in the secondary

4th round -- Kareem Brown -- Defensive lineman was waived in late November and claimed by the Jets. He played in one game for the Jets last season.

5th round -- Clint Oldenburg -- Offensive lineman was initially signed to the practice squad, before being cut in mid-September. He hooked on with the Jets practice squad and was activated for two games at the end of 2007. He is under contract through 2008 with the Jets.

6th round -- Justin Rogers -- Outside linebacker was waived on the final cutdown to 53 players last season and was claimed by the Cowboys. He played in all 16 games, primarily on special teams.

6th round -- Mike Richardson -- Cornerback spent last season on injured reserve and figures to compete for playing time with the Patriots in 2008.

6th round -- Justise Hairston -- Running back sustained a hamstring injury in training camp and was waived. He later hooked on with the Colts practice squad. Hairston, who is signed through 2010 with the Colts, did not play in a game last season.

6th round -- Corey Hilliard -- Offensive lineman was cut at the end of the 2007 preseason. He later hooked on with the Colts practice squad, was activated for three games, and is under contract with Indianapolis through 2009.

7th round -- Oscar Lua -- Inside linebacker was released after having hurt his knee in the 2007 preseason and spending last year on injured reserve.

7th round -- Mike Elgin -- Center/guard was cut at the end of the 2007 preseason, before hooking on with the Jets practice squad. The Jets cut him and he recently signed a three-year deal with the Colts.

Yep...no doubt about it...Belicheat is a genious!!:doh:

Murabma
07-06-2008, 01:19 PM
So I take it that means you got nothing with respect to what I posted, particularly on the slenderness of your team's window--in addition to age being a bitch for your team (in two years' time say goodbye to Harrison, Bruschi, Seau and probably Vrabel and don't count on anywhere near the production from Moss or Thomas or even Brady (who'll be 33-34 by then)). In addition, I believe that you've also got contract issues with Wilfork and Seymour whose contracts I've read both expire after 2009 (and doesn't Brady's extension run out about then, too?). As it is, you're already closer to the cap than most teams, so now we all know why Big Bob, despite his lipservice to the contrary, really is one of the owners looking to go uncapped so that he can try to buy a championship when his drafts keep crapping out on him like last year's.....

Here's your list of FAs after the 2009 season:

B Kevin Faulk UFA New England Patriots
WR Sam Aiken UFA New England Patriots
WR Chad Jackson UFA New England Patriots
TE David Thomas UFA New England Patriots
TE Benjamin Watson UFA New England Patriots
PK Stephen Gostkowski UFA New England Patriots
OG Logan Mankins UFA New England Patriots
OG Stephen Neal UFA New England Patriots
OG Billy Yates UFA New England Patriots
OT Ryan O'Callaghan UFA New England Patriots
OL Nick Kaczur UFA New England Patriots
DL Jarvis Green UFA New England Patriots
DL Richard Seymour UFA New England Patriots
DL Le Kevin Smith UFA New England Patriots
DL Vince Wilfork UFA New England Patriots
LB Mike Vrabel UFA New England Patriots
CB Ellis Hobbs UFA New England Patriots

Lots of big names there--didn't realize that Mankins, Watson, Green, Hobbs and both your RTs and a starting RG are also on the list. In 2010 you do indeed need to deal with Brady, but also Matt LIght and Lawrence Maroney, not to mention Moss, who I personally believe will likely be out of football by then or at least affordable since he'll be 34. Yup, looks like a 2 year window for you all and is indeed further proof that Big Bob wants to go uncapped, since there's no way in Hades he'll be able to keep all these players under a capped system.....

Murabma
07-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Here's our list for 2010 FAs (i.e., guys signed through 2009):

Pos Player Name FA Status Previous Team Current Team
WR Lee Evans UFA Buffalo Bills
WR Peerless Price UFA Buffalo Bills
WR Josh Reed UFA Buffalo Bills
TE Courtney Anderson UFA Buffalo Bills
OL Brad Butler UFA Buffalo Bills
DL Ryan Denney UFA Buffalo Bills
DL Kyle Williams UFA Buffalo Bills
CB Terrence McGee UFA Buffalo Bills
CB Ashton Youboty UFA Buffalo Bills
FS Ko Simpson UFA Buffalo Bills

Which is already wrong, as we've extended Butler (starting RG--2nd year player) and Williams (rotational DT--also 2nd year player) and are in the process of extending Evans this summer. The only other guys worth worrying about are Simpson and McGee (but this may be why we drafted McKelvin this year). We also don't need to extend Losman this summer, so our FO has more money to play with than I'm sure they budgeted.....

The Duke
07-06-2008, 02:08 PM
so, in 2010....Bufallo Bills: AFC East Champs!!

hey, it can happen. I'll be rooting for you guys all the way to beat the pats, rooting for the fins too, the jets not so much, I think they are the worst in that division

Murabma
07-06-2008, 03:09 PM
so, in 2010....Bufallo Bills: AFC East Champs!!

hey, it can happen. I'll be rooting for you guys all the way to beat the pats, rooting for the fins too, the jets not so much, I think they are the worst in that division

Muchas gracias, senor--we'll take all the rooters we can get!

Murabma
07-06-2008, 03:22 PM
1st round -- Brandon Meriweather -- Defensive back only played as a reserve/special teamer despite problems in the secondary

4th round -- Kareem Brown -- Defensive lineman was waived in late November and claimed by the Jets. He played in one game for the Jets last season.

5th round -- Clint Oldenburg -- Offensive lineman was initially signed to the practice squad, before being cut in mid-September. He hooked on with the Jets practice squad and was activated for two games at the end of 2007. He is under contract through 2008 with the Jets.

6th round -- Justin Rogers -- Outside linebacker was waived on the final cutdown to 53 players last season and was claimed by the Cowboys. He played in all 16 games, primarily on special teams.

6th round -- Mike Richardson -- Cornerback spent last season on injured reserve and figures to compete for playing time with the Patriots in 2008.

6th round -- Justise Hairston -- Running back sustained a hamstring injury in training camp and was waived. He later hooked on with the Colts practice squad. Hairston, who is signed through 2010 with the Colts, did not play in a game last season.

6th round -- Corey Hilliard -- Offensive lineman was cut at the end of the 2007 preseason. He later hooked on with the Colts practice squad, was activated for three games, and is under contract with Indianapolis through 2009.

7th round -- Oscar Lua -- Inside linebacker was released after having hurt his knee in the 2007 preseason and spending last year on injured reserve.

7th round -- Mike Elgin -- Center/guard was cut at the end of the 2007 preseason, before hooking on with the Jets practice squad. The Jets cut him and he recently signed a three-year deal with the Colts.

Yep...no doubt about it...Belicheat is a genious!!:doh:

Look at 2006 as well--About the only impact player they got that year was Lawrence Maroney, who looked like gangbusters his first year, but who looked like more of a regular guy last season (at least to me) and who has had some injury issues. Chad Jackson in Rd 2 hasn't really seen the field due to injuries and the rest of their 5-6 other picks haven't cracked the starting line up (although O'Callaghan is close, but that's more due to Kaczur's legal troubles than Ryan's own talent).

While it's admittedly not easy to crack the Pats' starting lineup, the fact that in the last two drafts they've produced exactly one starter speaks volumes about the direction their personnel selection (at least in the draft) has been heading. Yessirree, that vaunted Belichick/Pioli draft machine is something to really be feared.....

The Patriot
07-06-2008, 06:05 PM

No, I'm just tired of these long Monologues of yours. Your just babbling on about nothing. Don't expect me to read a large block of print everytime you have a stupid opinion.

Murabma
07-06-2008, 06:59 PM
No, I'm just tired of these long Monologues of yours. Your just babbling on about nothing. Don't expect me to read a large block of print everytime you have a stupid opinion.

Looks like you did--and you still got nothin'.

Funny how you like to talk smack, but then when confronted with an argument you can't win, just retreat behind a cool "I don't care" facade. Whatever--have fun with the Cowboys or whoever you're following in two years' time......

MasterOfPuppets
07-06-2008, 07:04 PM
:sofunny: folks......looks like we got ourselves an AFC EAST battle on our board !!! :toofunny: GO BILLS

43Hitman
07-06-2008, 07:06 PM
:popcorn:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-06-2008, 09:23 PM
:popcorn:

I sure hope the Bills kick the Patriots* asses this bad when the season comes!

The Patriot
07-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Looks like you did--and you still got nothin'.

Funny how you like to talk smack, but then when confronted with an argument you can't win, just retreat behind a cool "I don't care" facade. Whatever--have fun with the Cowboys or whoever you're following in two years' time......

An argument I can't win!

Facts are facts. We've beaten you in the last 9 games and scored a combined 94 points in the last two games. Now ofcourse you have expressed in previous discussions your belief that Kraft payed off the officials. Whatever.

The best chance you have of beating the Patriots is in week 17 when you host them after they return from two weeks away on the west coast but that will be a meaningless game.

I've been a New England fan all my life, thank you.

Preacher
07-07-2008, 01:40 AM
An argument I can't win!

Facts are facts. We've beaten you in the last 9 games and scored a combined 94 points in the last two games. Now ofcourse you have expressed in previous discussions your belief that Kraft payed off the officials. Whatever.

The best chance you have of beating the Patriots is in week 17 when you host them after they return from two weeks away on the west coast but that will be a meaningless game.

:yawn:

Wow... up here on top of five SuperBowl championships, those little people sitting on three sure look funny.

Murabma
07-07-2008, 06:43 AM
An argument I can't win!

Many thanks--enjoy your one or two years left at the top, then it's time for a little payback (noticed you still didn't address your team's window)......

PS On the officials point, I said nothing about the games last year, but watch that opener in 2006 (when TMQ pointed out the ridiculous calls or no calls in that one--and even then only some of them, I mean, come on, how does a ref not call offsides when the guy's right in front of him and two feet over the LOS when the ball's snapped? You explain that one to me, as I watched it over and over on TIVO incredulous) or the "Just give it to them game" or the Colts AFCCG and tell me that something doesn't stink to high heaven.

PSS On the "meaningless game" point, it's arrogance like that that makes the Pats and their fans the easiest in the League to hate.

HometownGal
07-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Muchas gracias, senor--we'll take all the rooters we can get!

Count me in Murabma! :drink:

I was a huge Jim Kelly fan during his career and always so respected Marv Levy. :drink:

I'll be pullin' for dem Bills to dethrone the Cheats* in the AFCE - at least I know it will be done without resorting to unsavory methods. :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
07-07-2008, 09:06 AM
How is it that EVERY SINGLE Pats fan has been a Pats fan all their life?

Is this the first team ever that doesn't have bandwagon fans? Something is a little rotten in Denmark...

Dino 6 Rings
07-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Let me just say a few things about this "AFC East" battle.

First off, I don't understand why the Bills fan has a slash through his team's logo. That hurts my head, but then again I'm kind of slow.

As for the Pats or the Bills, I equally can't stand either team. One team chokes out 4 in a row, the other team chokes out the biggest game in NFL history since 1972 when the Dolphins won their superbowl going undefeated.

When we play either team, I hope we snap the neck of your QB, rip out his spine and beat his mother to death with it. I pray that your running back has his legs broken, both of them, I cheer for injuries to your players, I want to see my guys pull out battle axes and remove your player's head from their shoulders in a spray of blood. I couldn't care about the history of your teams, which both are less than the history of our Steeler Nation. Battle away fools, I care not, only when you get on the field and face off against MY TEAM, I wish death and misery to you. Heartache and Agony to your fandom.

Disclaimer. I bought this new video game over the weekend called Viking for the Xbox 360 and played it for hours. Its M for Mature and has intense violence and gore. So, in playing this game, I may have distorted my perspective on things.

I really do love everyone. Really.

revefsreleets
07-07-2008, 09:29 AM
That's funny. Good stuff!

fansince'76
07-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow... up here on top of five SuperBowl championships....

Four of those were won thanks to rampant steroid abuse (never mind guys like Lambert and Ham being undersized even for their era) and the fifth one was won because of "payed off" (misspelling of "paid" intentional) refs. :rolleyes: :yawn:

HometownGal
07-07-2008, 11:06 AM
and the fifth one was won because of "payed off" (misspelling of "paid" intentional) refs. :rolleyes: :yawn:

Is misspelling like missed read? HEE! :cheer: :chuckle:

The Duke
07-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Dino, you're a maniac! lol. rep point for you

CantStop85
07-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Four of those were won thanks to rampant steroid abuse (never mind guys like Lambert and Ham being undersized even for their era) and the fifth one was won because of "payed off" (misspelling of "paid" intentional) refs. :rolleyes: :yawn:

I'm glad you're finally coming to terms with these things, 76! :flap:

stlrtruck
07-07-2008, 03:15 PM

Just curious does it make up for it now that they also lost the next 3 to the Yankees?

So that's a sweep by the rays and a 1-3 record against the Yankees this weekend. :rofl:

The Patriot
07-07-2008, 04:58 PM
So that's a sweep by the rays and a 1-3 record against the Yankees this weekend. :rofl:

Actually, it was a 2-2 series but yeah, 3-7 in our last ten games is pretty embarassing.

revefsreleets
07-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Could be worse...you could be a fan of the other '07 ALCS team and be on a 7 game skid, bringing up the rear in the Central and trading away your Cy Young award winning pitcher for a triple A prospect and some players TBNL.

The Patriot
07-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Many thanks--enjoy your one or two years left at the top, then it's time for a little payback (noticed you still didn't address your team's window)......

PS On the officials point, I said nothing about the games last year, but watch that opener in 2006 (when TMQ pointed out the ridiculous calls or no calls in that one--and even then only some of them, I mean, come on, how does a ref not call offsides when the guy's right in front of him and two feet over the LOS when the ball's snapped? You explain that one to me, as I watched it over and over on TIVO incredulous) or the "Just give it to them game" or the Colts AFCCG and tell me that something doesn't stink to high heaven.

PSS On the "meaningless game" point, it's arrogance like that that makes the Pats and their fans the easiest in the League to hate.

More confidence then arrogance. I am confident that the Patriots will take the division this year. If the Bills do then I will be humbled. But its not an absurd idea that the Pats will still be a tough contender this season.

Refs make bad calls but it doesn't mean that owners are paying them to. Why would Kraft pay off the refs for the very first game of the season?

MasterOfPuppets
07-07-2008, 07:37 PM
More confidence then arrogance. I am confident that the Patriots will take the division this year. If the Bills do then I will be humbled. But its not an absurd idea that the Pats will still be a tough contender this season.

Refs make bad calls but it doesn't mean that owners are paying them to. Why would Kraft pay off the refs for the very first game of the season?why would belecheat feel the need to tape the jets?

The Patriot
07-07-2008, 07:59 PM
why would belecheat feel the need to tape the jets?

I don't know, because it gave him a ginormous advantage?

Preacher
07-07-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't know, because it gave him a ginormous advantage?

Interstingly...

When I go to quote "Because it is easier than pen and paper," I got the above quote instead.

I guess your first answer was the most accurate one... and screw the rules right?

Oh yeah... Those are just "technical violations."

But the tuck rule was "technically accurate" wasn't it?

You know what....

NeverMind.

Murabma
07-07-2008, 10:45 PM

Refs make bad calls but it doesn't mean that owners are paying them to. Why would Kraft pay off the refs for the very first game of the season?

Of course they'll be tough contenders this season--even I agree with that, as well as the fact that you guys should take the division this year, although on both counts I don't think you'll coast as easily as some of your brethren seem to think. We may not be as far off from each other as some think (an "Ebony and Ivory" moment here)--where we differ (among other things) I suspect is on your team's future prospects beyond the next year or two (and the refs--I don't know if it's Kraft or what, but there are just too many weird calls to explain away to chance. I still ask all Pats fans to name a single game they lost late in the 4th on a controversial call (controversial outside NE)).

The Patriot
07-07-2008, 11:00 PM
You know what....

NeverMind.

Never do. :noidea:

Preacher
07-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Never do. :noidea:

I thought so.

Mind telling us the weather in England?

The Patriot
07-07-2008, 11:19 PM
I thought so.

:google:

Steelman16
07-08-2008, 02:41 AM
:google:

:toofunny:

Schmuck.

We wanted to hear it from our dear Patriots reporter friend. Oh well. I hear there's gonna be poor weather in London this week.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-08-2008, 10:43 AM
I thought so.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

The Patriot
07-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Okay, somebody is gonna have to explain this one to me. England? :eyecrazy:

fansince'76
07-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Okay, somebody is gonna have to explain this one to me. England? :eyecrazy:

It's a loooong story. :chuckle:

stlrtruck
07-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Why would Kraft pay off the refs for the very first game of the season?

You're right he doesn't need to pay off the refs...

He's got Commissioner Good Deal in his pocket!!!

The Patriot
07-08-2008, 11:40 PM
You're right he doesn't need to pay off the refs...

He's got Commissioner Good Deal in his pocket!!!

Your right, he payed him $750,000 to downplay the pats scandle!

fansince'76
07-08-2008, 11:51 PM

Yep, I'm sure the billionaire Kraft's finances have been reeling from that and the far-reaching detrimental effects of losing a low-first round draft pick (while retaining a top-10 pick in the same draft) and the $500,000 fine that represented a whopping 12% of the 2007 salary for the HC due to his "misinterpretation of the rules" will be felt by the organization for years to come. My heart truly bleeds. :coffee:

Preacher
07-09-2008, 02:55 AM
It's a loooong story. :chuckle:

Sure is...

but no reason to tell it, since around here, no one likes to be living in the past...

Except Pats* fans... :chuckle:

stlrtruck
07-09-2008, 11:28 AM

Come on! Anyone could see that fine was a freakin' joke!!! Gooddell took it lightly on him for the simple fact that he's afraid of Kraft and even a blind man could see Gooddell is in his pocket - safe and secure!

rbryan
07-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Kraft probably spends $750k a year on those "vintage" blue shirts with the white collars from the 80's.......so yeah, the fine was a joke.

Or.... it could be that he doesn't get out much and just wears the same 3 or 4 over and over....lol

Dino 6 Rings
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Come on! Anyone could see that fine was a freakin' joke!!! Gooddell took it lightly on him for the simple fact that he's afraid of Kraft and even a blind man could see Gooddell is in his pocket - safe and secure!

Um...not for nothing but I'm pretty sure that Gooddell is a Jets fan.

stlrtruck
07-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Um...not for nothing but I'm pretty sure that Gooddell is a Jets fan.

Just curious as to how you figure that one?

Dino 6 Rings
07-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Just curious as to how you figure that one?

Because on Draft Day he practically screamed his head off for the Jets fans cause he's a Jets fan himself. He's from NY and started his NFL Career with the JETS as an intern.

Just saying...he isn't a Pats Fan.

Steelman16
07-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Because on Draft Day he practically screamed his head off for the Jets fans cause he's a Jets fan himself. He's from NY and started his NFL Career with the JETS as an intern.

Well, he sure don't hate 'em. :coffee:

Murabma
07-09-2008, 09:38 PM

Kraft was, however, one of the 6-8 League owners on the committee to find Tags' replacement which came up with Goodell and was apparently one of his biggest backers. Got to figure that may have figured in in terms of how they were treated last year, including the destruction of the evidence and all.....

stlrtruck
07-10-2008, 08:47 AM

His actions on Draft Day versus his actions towards certain illegal activities from the team up north - don't even compare. One could be compared to playing to the crowd. While another has a direct correlation to his so called policy on the integrity of the game.

But hey, what the heck do I know? I've been in FL too long and it's possible the sun has fried my head - doubtful - but possible.

Dino 6 Rings
07-10-2008, 09:31 AM
They fined the Coach and took away a draft pick for videotaping signals. That seemed like a fair punishment at the time. There is apparently no video of a Rams walkthrough prior to the SB so the punishment was for the crime of taping during the Jets game. Don't think anyone is in anyone's back pocket, it was the first time that I can remember where an organization was under such investigation. It was Roger's first time having to pull out this type of punishment.

Plus Karma bit the Pats on the Arse in February, I say let it go, and stop blaming the Commish for not being tough enough.

fansince'76
07-10-2008, 11:47 AM
They fined the Coach and took away a draft pick for videotaping signals. That seemed like a fair punishment at the time. There is apparently no video of a Rams walkthrough prior to the SB so the punishment was for the crime of taping during the Jets game.

What about the other 7+ years of illegal taping? Sorry, but IMO, the punishment did NOT fit the crime in this case. However, I also don't think that Goodell is "in bed" with Kraft, so to speak - he simply knows what side his bread is buttered on. Goodell takes his walking orders directly from team owners and Kraft is one of the more powerful of that group.

Dino 6 Rings
07-10-2008, 12:03 PM
What about the other 7+ years of illegal taping? Sorry, but IMO, the punishment did NOT fit the crime in this case. However, I also don't think that Goodell is "in bed" with Kraft, so to speak - he simply knows what side his bread is buttered on. Goodell takes his walking orders directly from team owners and Kraft is one of the more powerful of that group.

what punishment would you have liked though? That's really my point. Did you want them banned from the league and discontinued as a franchise? Have the Titles taken away? That stuff just seems over the top.

fansince'76
07-10-2008, 12:11 PM
what punishment would you have liked though?

Forfeiture of the Jets game and a minimum of a 4-game suspension (preferably 8) for Belicheat on top of the fines already levied and the draft choice that was taken.

rbryan
07-10-2008, 12:19 PM
A monetary fine short of 8 figures is a joke. Since a public hanging is out of the question, Billy Boy needed to be suspended at least several games IMO.

Dino 6 Rings
07-10-2008, 01:46 PM
So much hate. LOL

fansince'76
07-10-2008, 02:21 PM
So much hate. LOL

Cowboys QB coach gets popped for taking HGH which has no effect on the competitive balance or integrity of the game (since he no longer plays nor was he passing the stuff around to any of the players) and gets suspended for 5 games.

Patriots head coach spends 7+ years illegally taping opponents, which directly calls the competitive balance and integrity of the game into question - no suspension.

Yup, that's fair.

tony hipchest
07-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Yup, that's fair.fair as the weathered fans who cheer them on.

Dino 6 Rings
07-10-2008, 02:50 PM
As far as I know, the "rule" the violated was put into place via a memo prior to the 2007 season and talked about past behaviors of all teams in regards to taping. And the Pats were one of those teams that others "suspected" of being very heavy into the taping of signals. So the Memo was for the 2007 season. The Pats then violated or as BB put it, misinterpreted the rules, which is a crock and we all know that, and were punished for their single violation of the 2007 memo, which took into account any past taping incidents.

So they were fined and lost a draft pick. Seemed fair to me. Move on. They went 18-1, lost the biggest game of their lives, choked on a big fat stinking pile of ELI Manning and have to eat humble pie forever. Seems like Karma did the work we fans were hoping for.

MasterOfPuppets
07-10-2008, 02:56 PM
fair as the weathered fans who cheer them on.
ZIIIIING !!!!!:sofunny:

stlrtruck
07-10-2008, 02:59 PM
what punishment would you have liked though? That's really my point. Did you want them banned from the league and discontinued as a franchise? Have the Titles taken away? That stuff just seems over the top.

After his dealing with the cowboys coach for what he called, "The Integrity of the game." He defiitely had set a standard for dealing with such issues. Obviously cheating during the game has nothing to do with the integrity of the game (depending on who you ask).

So in my own thoughts here's what should have happened:

Fined $1,000,000 (split between team, owner, and coach however determined)
Loss of both #1 Draft Picks
Coach suspended for no less than 8 games, but I would have preferred the remainder of the season - to set an example just like the commish has done with players.
Forfeiture of the Jets game

The Patriot
07-12-2008, 08:25 PM
What about the Jets having an illegal cameraman in Foxboro during the previous playoff game? What are your thoughts on that?

fansince'76
07-12-2008, 08:43 PM
What about the Jets having an illegal cameraman in Foxboro during the previous playoff game? What are your thoughts on that?

Oh, you mean the "illegal cameraman" shooting from the upper end zone that was given permission to shoot there before the Pats brass changed their mind (as opposed to being on the same sideline filming opposing coaches calling signals from about 10-15 feet away and then immediately turning to the scoreboard and filming the down and distance)? Apples and oranges. Keep drinking that RW&B Kool-Aid.

CantStop85
07-12-2008, 10:36 PM
As far as I know, the "rule" the violated was put into place via a memo prior to the 2007 season and talked about past behaviors of all teams in regards to taping. And the Pats were one of those teams that others "suspected" of being very heavy into the taping of signals. So the Memo was for the 2007 season. The Pats then violated or as BB put it, misinterpreted the rules, which is a crock and we all know that, and were punished for their single violation of the 2007 memo, which took into account any past taping incidents.

So they were fined and lost a draft pick. Seemed fair to me. Move on. They went 18-1, lost the biggest game of their lives, choked on a big fat stinking pile of ELI Manning and have to eat humble pie forever. Seems like Karma did the work we fans were hoping for.

This is only going to happen once, so get ready for it...I totally agree.

:noidea:

The Patriot
07-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Oh, you mean the "illegal cameraman" shooting from the upper end zone that was given permission to shoot there before the Pats brass changed their mind (as opposed to being on the same sideline filming opposing coaches calling signals from about 10-15 feet away and then immediately turning to the scoreboard and filming the down and distance)? Apples and oranges. Keep drinking that RW&B Kool-Aid.

Regardless of where he was standing on the field, aren't you the least bit curious about what was on the tape? :wink02:

stlrtruck
07-14-2008, 08:34 AM
I thought this rule was in effect prior to 2007 but a "reminder" memo was sent out in 2007.

SteelersMongol
07-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Regardless of where he was standing on the field, aren't you the least bit curious about what was on the tape? :wink02:

You're so"humorous." :popcorn:

Steelman16
07-15-2008, 09:05 PM

Oh, I already know what's on it. Chad Pennington in the shower while Mangini discusses his finer physical aspects and the intricate mechanics of his super-strong arm, and the muscular wonders of his knees... :coffee:

:puke: