PDA

View Full Version : Ward league's brightest - League's dirtiest Harrison

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
07-01-2008, 08:20 PM
COACHES THINK HINES WARD AND ZACH THOMAS ARE LEAGUE’S BRIGHTEST
Posted by Josh Alper on July 1, 2008, 3:20 p.m.

While they were surveying NFL coaches to find out which players were the dirtiest, ESPN.com also asked them who they thought were the smartest offensive (non-QB) and defensive players in the league.

Hines Ward of the Steelers and Zach Thomas of the Cowboys came out on top of the voting. While Rodney Harrison dominated the voting for dirtiest player, neither Ward nor Thomas dominated their respective voting. Ward won four of the 30 votes cast, narrowly edging Kevin Mawae, Jeff Saturday and Randy Moss who finished in a three-way tie with three votes apiece.

Ward’s always been known as a heady player and centers are in charge of running the line, so no surprises there. It’s a bit surprising to see Moss do so well in the rankings, though. He’s so physically gifted that it’s easy to overlook other facets of his game. Furthermore, you wouldn’t expect coaches to credit the brains of a player who earned the ire of many for his lackadaisical approach while in Minnesota and Oakland.

On the defensive side, Thomas got six votes while another middle linebacker, Ray
Lewis, finished with four. John Lynch and Ed Reed each received three votes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=williamson_bill&id=3429516
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3439800

TackleMeBen
07-01-2008, 08:25 PM
ward got one vote for the dirtiest player too..

stillers4me
07-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Everybody else calls him dirty........but I bet they would take him in a heart beat. :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
07-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Everybody else calls him dirty........but I bet they would take him in a heart beat. :chuckle:
oh you know they would...lol.:tt03:

Atlanta Dan
07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Need to change that headline!

I was afraid Silverback had gone to the top of the charts as the league's dirtiest player.:sofunny:

SteelersMongol
07-01-2008, 10:05 PM

I was afraid Silverback had gone to the top of the charts as the league's dirtiest player.:sofunny:

:chuckle: That's what I thought, too.

In reality, Brady the Goatboy should've been the dirtiest player, but ...

MasterOfPuppets
07-01-2008, 10:22 PM
:chuckle: That's what I thought, too.

In reality, Brady the Goatboy should've been the dirtiest player, but ...i bet brady has the dirtiest knees......:sofunny:

trish
07-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't think Ward is dirtiest player, he's just very physical..not afraid to take a hit or to block. I love watching him.
Very surprised to see Moss that high in smartest players.

SteelFist
07-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Players are soft nowadays and don't like getting punched in the mouth. Give me Harrison and Ward to build my team around anyday!! What used to be called "Hard nosed" is now called "Dirty" :blah:......Give me a break.

Hammer Of The GODS
07-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Players are soft nowadays and don't like getting punched in the mouth. Give me Harrison and Ward to build my team around anyday!! What used to be called "Hard nosed" is now called "Dirty" :blah:......Give me a break.

Agreed. The league is full of skirt wearin' wide recievers who get alligator arms when they hear footsteps. Imagine what the players today would say about Jack Lambert or Ronnie Lott? Both of those guys brought the lumber when they tackled!

jjpro11
07-02-2008, 01:08 AM

yeah right.. anytime you hear "dirty player" in a sentence, rodney harrison is always next to follow.

Boomerang
07-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Silverback plays hard.... so what!

Galax Steeler
07-02-2008, 07:31 AM
i bet brady has the dirtiest knees......:sofunny:

Thats what I was thinking.:toofunny:

revefsreleets
07-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Randy Moss? Somebody voted that bag of hammers as "League's Brightest"?

Lord Stiller
07-02-2008, 10:25 AM
who voted for Ward being dirt? Cleveland or Baltimore?

F em both :tt03:

Edman
07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Ward is only "dirty" because not only he can take it, he can dish it out too. In this day and age of untouchable, soft, streaky, me-first WR's, it's rare to see a Wide Reciever play as Physical as Ward.

UK CANDY BEE
07-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Personally, I think Mike Vrabel is the dirtiest player in the league !!

A cheap shot artist and just plain no good S.O. B. !!!

Why he wasn't thrown out for what he did last season to Joe Thomas after the whistle and right in front of TWO officials, I will NEVER understand !!

....and what pisses me off the most about him is that he was a BUCKEYE !!

fansince'76
07-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Randy Moss? Somebody voted that bag of hammers as "League's Brightest"?

Well, if the "Super Genius" Belicheat says it, it must be so. :yawn:

"He is probably the smartest receiver I have coached," Belichick said.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/10/25/catching_ultimate_compliment/

MasterOfPuppets
07-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Well, if the "Super Genius" Belicheat says it, it must be so. :yawn:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/10/25/catching_ultimate_compliment/well the article say's they encouraged coaches NOT ,to vote for thier own players......i'm sure belecheat misinterpreded the rules, and voted for moss...:coffee:

TackleMeBen
07-02-2008, 09:51 PM
well the article say's they encouraged coaches NOT ,to vote for thier own players......i'm sure belecheat misinterpreded the rules, and voted for moss...:coffee:
:toofunny::toofunny:

lilyoder6
07-02-2008, 10:13 PM
i can't beleive RANDY FREAKING MOSS got votes on the brighest in the league...what are our coaches thinking

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
07-02-2008, 11:46 PM
i'm sure belecheat misinterpreded the rules, and voted for moss

You mispelled belecheat's name ---- the correct spelling is b-e-l-i-p-r-i-c-k :wink02:

FordsnSteelers
07-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Pittsburgh, embodies, none tha less, old school football. We play the game as it is met to be. Moss is good, great talent, but only runs deep (and plays on a certain "team") If Moss played in the 70's, he would be unheard of. Hines and James "Silveback" Harrison, are some of the few players who are timeless. YEEEAAA!!!!! WE DA BEST!!!!! GEAAAHHHH!!!!

stlrtruck
07-03-2008, 10:35 AM

Probably not I'm sure in his contract he gets free knee pads!!! :toofunny: :rofl:

TackleMeBen
07-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=410073#post410073)

Probably not I'm sure in his contract he gets free knee pads!!! :toofunny: :rofl:

not if he squats:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::rofl:

Elvis
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
:hatsoff: That Is Too Funny TMB

Anyone that didnt vote for Rodney Harrison hasnt ever seen the JackA$$ play in the last 25 years

msafford
07-03-2008, 05:23 PM
i can't beleive RANDY FREAKING MOSS got votes on the brighest in the league...what are our coaches thinking

Just because Randy's a giant c0ck doesn't mean he's not intelligent. I can think of many folks at my job who are VERY smart that I'd love to kick in the rear. I suspect that if the coaches were also asked their opinions on who's a big a$$hole, that Moss would get a few votes as well. Ok...more than a few.

Steelman16
07-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Ward just rox. Period.

I can believe Moss got votes...as kmsafford said he's probably intelligent...he just never learned how to use any of it.

lilyoder6
07-03-2008, 05:38 PM
he tried to have a smoothie shop in oak.. wonder how thats going

stlrtruck
07-04-2008, 09:48 AM
not if he squats:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::rofl:

Doesn't he already do that to pee?

BettisFan
07-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Yea my boy Ward!