PDA

View Full Version : ben listed as questionable

tony hipchest
11-15-2005, 07:33 PM
just start maddox and only play ben in the 4th quarter if down by 10-14 points because of qb play. let ben run the hurry up offense from the shotgun. it would give him some good practice at the comeback for a potential shootout the following week. otherwise let him rest and maddox manage the game.
after all its the ravens. they should be up for the game but they dont deal with pressure in a positive way. they are more concerned with losing (their coach, their jobs) than winning.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Ben might be a game time decision, right up until kick off... try to keep the ratbirds off guard.

If we get up on them, we'll break their will..

RoethlisBURGHer
11-15-2005, 08:05 PM
I think Ben being questionable is a good sign that he'll play this week.Maybe not the whole game,but at least some.The original targeted date was this game...so maybe Cowher's just trying to keep Billick and the rest of his felons on thier toes.

tony hipchest
11-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Ben might be a game time decision, right up until kick off... try to keep the ratbirds off guard.

If we get up on them, we'll break their will..

you know i dont think cowher plays those stupid, belichick, jedi mind trick, games and hes really candid and forthright when addressing injuries in his press conferences. anyways all teams prepare as if theyre gonna face roethlisberger anyways cause none of the other back ups bring anything that ben cant.

Suitanim
11-15-2005, 09:40 PM
I think Ben IS questionable right now...there's no doubt HE wants to play. It depends on how well Ben can move around. Cowher and Wisenhut know Tommy=loss.

We need Ben. If he can play without irritating his knee too much, play him...we need this win, and we need him sharp and ready to beat the overrated Colts.

rgleason
11-15-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't think Cowher/Whisenut "know" that "Tommy=Loss." Remember, Tommy played as bad as you can, along with a lot of other guys, and we still almost beat a Playoff team.
No doubt Cowher is weary of where Tommy is right now, and if got to start Tommy, then the offense will be limited in play calling. Remember though, we are the Steelers, and it all starts with the Running Game. We could go get Ambridge's JV Qb to handoff the ball. You cant place all the blame on Tommy when our line is getting beat and we're not establishing any kind of run. I think Tommy is good enough that if he can play mistake free and hit a couple of throws early, he will gain confidence and play better.

I dont buy into the idea that Ben needs to play this week to be ready for Indy. He's a pro and should be able to to step in at any time and perform. Of course, unless you're with the team or in the "know," we have no idea where his knee is at, but I would prefer more rest, especially if we can get away with it against the Ravens

Suitanim
11-15-2005, 10:41 PM
I don't think Cowher/Whisenut "know" that "Tommy=Loss." Remember, Tommy played as bad as you can, along with a lot of other guys, and we still almost beat a Playoff team.
No doubt Cowher is weary of where Tommy is right now, and if got to start Tommy, then the offense will be limited in play calling. Remember though, we are the Steelers, and it all starts with the Running Game. We could go get Ambridge's JV Qb to handoff the ball. You cant place all the blame on Tommy when our line is getting beat and we're not establishing any kind of run. I think Tommy is good enough that if he can play mistake free and hit a couple of throws early, he will gain confidence and play better.

I dont buy into the idea that Ben needs to play this week to be ready for Indy. He's a pro and should be able to to step in at any time and perform. Of course, unless you're with the team or in the "know," we have no idea where his knee is at, but I would prefer more rest, especially if we can get away with it against the Ravens

Hi, new guy. I disagree with almost everything you say. But, whatever...

Prove me wrong. That's the same challenge I utter to Tommy. Prove me wrong.

His arm is almost dead. I watched the game where Chad Pennington tried to throw the ball downfield, and it looked remarkably like Tommy trying to complete a 15 yard out. Chad's was a pick, and Tommy's went out of bounds.

bangpow
11-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi, new guy. I disagree with almost everything you say. But, whatever...

Prove me wrong. That's the same challenge I utter to Tommy. Prove me wrong.

His arm is almost dead. I watched the game where Chad Pennington tried to throw the ball downfield, and it looked remarkably like Tommy trying to complete a 15 yard out. Chad's was a pick, and Tommy's went out of bounds.

Not to mention, Tommy's confidence is probably shot right now.

BigSteelThrill
11-16-2005, 04:08 AM
Firstly, Ben must be given a chance to fully recuperate.
Thats the long term mission.

If he can play with no risk beyond the normal risk of stepping onto the football field, so be it.

Secondly, Tommy can get thrown to the wolves. If it helps Ben, then it helps the team. Hopefully he has enough in him to play a few more games and not be a total embarrassment. (I know, asking for alot on this one). He simply plays his way right out of town if he cant at least be somewhat serviceable.

I would like to see another QB on the roster is Ben can't start. If Ben isnt able to start, then he shouldnt play at all. If El is being prepared for the possibilty, then thats cool. But I dont want to just give the game away. If Maddox is just diing out there, anyone with some experience might be able to help obtain a win.

bangpow
11-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Kordell Stewart is available.

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2005, 10:02 PM
This ESPN/AP story states Maddox took most of the snaps Wednesday and that Ben stated he will not be 100% by Sunday. If Ben is not ready it would be insane to risk his future (for this season and beyond) by rushing him back - my bet is it will be Maddox.

Maybe playing on the road will take some pressure off Maddox; at least I can hope so.

R. Lewis and Reed will not play for the Ravens on Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2226546

SuperMan313
11-16-2005, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't want Big Ben to be rushed back into the lineup, but just like what some posters have said maybe we can catch Baltimore off guard by starting Roethlisberger, but if he doesn't feel 100 % then I wouldn't want his Season risked.

clevestinks
11-17-2005, 05:29 AM
I am really starting to go for the Randle El deal, I say lets start El just for one series, just to really get Baltimores goat. All thier gameplanning will be thrown out the door, then shuffle Maddox in. It will give Tommy a chance to relax, and the ratbirds wouldnt know what the hell just happened