PDA

View Full Version : Couple More Pats To IR

Livinginthe past
11-15-2005, 09:26 PM
More bad news from the Patriots camp fresh from a rare win in Miami - we have lost CB Randall Gay and C Dan Koppen for the season - both have been placed on I.R.

Both of these players were projected starters before the season started.

Below is the catastrophic list of injuries suffered this year by the Patriots.

Missed time due to injury

Tom Ashworth RT - Missed 1 game
Tully Banta-Cain LB - Missed 7 games
Troy Brown WR - Missed 4 games
Tedy Bruschi LB - Missed 6 games
Matt Chatham LB - Missed 1 game
Corey Dillon RB - Missed 1 game, played injured in 3 others
Kevin Faulk RB - Missed 5 games
David Givens WR - Missed 1 game
Daniel Graham TE - Missed 1 game
Marquis Hill DE - Missed 2 games
Bethel Johnson WR - Missed 2 games
Dan Klecko NT - Missed 1 game
Matt Light T - Missed 5 games
Patrick Pass FB - Missed 2 games
James Sanders S - Missed 6 games
Richard Seymour DL - Missed 4 games
--------------------------------------------------
Injured Reserve

Dan Koppen C
Ryan Claridge OLB
Rodney Harrison S
Tyrone Poole CB
Guss Scott S
Chad Scott CB
Duane Starks CB
Randall Gay CB

Things can only get better......cant they?

NM

Suitanim
11-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Perhaps the uber-genius Bellichick should hire a conditioning coach?

BurghThing
11-15-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm surprised he just doesn't have St Brushi just lays his hands on them.

tony hipchest
11-15-2005, 10:12 PM
i cant feel sorry for them. when 4 years worth of bad luck catches up, it catches up in a big way. not that bad luck or injuries is an excuse. after all most patfans seemed to think a 3-peat was emminent as long as brady and belichick were in place. my impressions from alot of patfans was that the patriots could field 21 college kids and brady and win it all again anyways. after all, the steelers had many injuries last year and still managed a 15-1 record. surely the mighty patriots can muster a 9-7 record and a 3 peat.

if only it were that easy the steelers wouldve accomplished that feat years ago in "76. good luck pats. if playing too many games can catch up with a rookie qb (ben r.) it can surely catch up to a sb winning team. all good things dont last forever.

Koopa
11-15-2005, 10:18 PM
hey past turn that frown upside down lol, it don't matter y'all got that division on lock so at least y'all going to the playoffs

tony hipchest
11-15-2005, 10:24 PM
definitely koopa, noone in that division other than the pats can compete. just look at the starting qb's credentials. this should be a cakewalk for the pats. i still predict their win-a game- lose a game to stay in effect for a 9-7 record. this week is their week for a loss. btw h. evans is the best rb ever. snake oil for sure!

Suitanim
11-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Let's not oversimplify the matter...the Pat's did play deep into the winter 3 of the last 4 winters when most teams did not. They also lost their OC who, despite the protests of NE fans that his departure "Didn't matter", had his contract ripped up and replaced with a new new, 10 year deal, at Notre Dame.

They also lost a DC who inherited probably the sorriest franchise in the NFL (The 49er's may have something to say about that), and provided a few early wins for the Browns.

Other than that, it will be interesting to see if the circle is complete in NE, or if they can recycle themselves...

Brady looks very average when he's consistently pressured...He was definitely off his game in Miami last week.

I.C. Lights
11-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Perhaps the uber-genius Bellichick should hire a conditioning coach?

Yeah, it's a pretty important part of the game. Of course, there's some injuries that can't be prevented by conditioning, I don't know where New England's injuries fall on that spectrum, but it seems like they are getting suspiciously more than their share.

Suitanim
11-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty important part of the game. Of course, there's some injuries that can't be prevented by conditioning, I don't know where New England's injuries fall on that spectrum, but it seems like they are getting suspiciously more than their share.

They have had WAY more than their fare share in the last few years...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2005, 11:30 PM
The pats have played thru injuries as much as anyone, but this year, I do believe its caught up to them...

Livinginthe past
11-16-2005, 06:49 AM
The Patriots suffered a record number of injuries last year and still managed to win it all - this is where the belief comes from that we can make it to the playoffs and cause some damage.

Alot of people are pointing fingers at the fact we lost our DC and OC - but if we hadnt sufferd this catastrophic amount of injuries we would have adapted.

Alot is made of our relatively weak division - the fact is we have had the most difficult schedule before the Miami game and managed to keep our heads above water.

Brady has been far from 'average' this year as one misguided poster (unnamed) has labelled him on this thread - his QB rating is a mere 94.9 which puts him in 5th place on the year and this despite having two rookies protecting his backside and no running game to speak of.

Buffalo did a pretty good job of 'competing' this week - beating the KC Chiefs - so I wouldnt write the whole division off just yet.

If our win-lose streak continues it will leave us at 8-8 and...not 9-7...... it will be interesting which N.O. turns up this week - I think the -10 spread is way too much for the Patriots even if they are at home.

Cheers

NM

Ambridge
11-16-2005, 06:56 PM
I still think the Jets lead the Pats in the AFC East in season ending injuries and players banged up.:grin:

Suitanim
11-16-2005, 09:41 PM
I said he looks average WHEN PRESSURED, and he was pressured in the Miami game...

21-36 for 275, 2 TD's 2 INT's, completion % of 58.3 and a QB rating of 77.9 in the Miami game...nothing great about these numbers...