PDA

View Full Version : Dan Patrick to join Olbermann on 'Football Night In America'...

TackleMeBen
07-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Reunited: Patrick, Olbermann to team on NBC's 'Football Night in America'

By PFW staff
July 7, 2008

Eleven years after the famed "SportsCenter" tandem of Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann split up when Olbermann bolted for Fox, Patrick and Olbermann are working together again on television. NBC announced Monday that Patrick will join the network's "Football Night in America" where he'll team with Olbermann to break down NFL highlights throughout the NFL season.

Patrick, who left ESPN last year to create his own nationally syndicated radio show and write for Sports Illustrated, is the only addition to NBC's Sunday night highlights show. Patrick will be one of four co-hosts along with Bob Costas, Cris Collinsworth and Olbermann. Analysts Tiki Barber and Jerome Bettis will also return for the 2008 season, as will reporter Peter King.

Patrick said that Costas lobbied heavily for the move, and NBC Sports chairman Dick Ebersol and Olbermann praised Costas for his unselfishness as the network assembled a star-studded-but-crowded anchor desk.

Patrick and Olbermann's style and banter played an important role in ESPN's rise to prominence in the 1990s and inspired a host of imitators.

"It was seamless," Patrick said Monday. "We never tried to understand why it worked. It just did."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...ilky070708.htm (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2008/wilky070708.htm)

stlrtruck
07-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Hopefully they'll be as entertaining as they were on Sports Center.

KeiselPower99
07-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Agreed

revefsreleets
07-08-2008, 01:18 PM
As long as Olbermann keeps it to football and stays off his ultra leftie soapbox...that dude's so far left he makes Obama look like Richard Nixon.

tony hipchest
07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
its a shame they are reunited on such a crowded forum and wont have the time to just mess around like they did back in the day. they made watching baseball highlights enjoyable.

and they put nascar's dick trickle on the map.

Vis
07-08-2008, 01:45 PM
its a shame they are reunited on such a crowded forum and wont have the time to just mess around like they did back in the day. they made watching baseball highlights enjoyable.

and they put nascar's dick trickle on the map.

My understanding is that the 2 of them will have their own segment to do highlights.

nojobny
07-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I used to love listening to the two of them on Sirius on the Dan Patrick show. They really are good together.

Atlanta Dan
07-08-2008, 09:42 PM
As long as Olbermann keeps it to football and stays off his ultra leftie soapbox...that dude's so far left he makes Obama look like Richard Nixon.

Dan Patrick hears you

I will do the highlights for the red states, Keith will do them for the blue states, Patrick said Monday during a conference call with reporters.:sofunny:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/08/sports/football/08sandomir.html?ref=sports

Carolina Steelers
07-10-2008, 11:47 AM
I really like Patrick but im not a big Olbermann fan seems like he goes way off topic, when he starts to talk I just change the channel!!

stlrtruck
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I really like Patrick but im not a big Olbermann fan seems like he goes way off topic, when he starts to talk I just change the channel!!

He definitely isn't worse than any of the idiots currently doing the task! At least he occassionally has something funny to add - the others, well, we already have had a ton of threads on their incessant knob slobbing abilities.

Godfather
07-11-2008, 02:03 PM

Agree. If I want to hear about politics/social issues I'll tune in to CNN or Fox or The McLaughlin Group.

missedgehead
07-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Olbermann ROCKS. :) Anyone who beats up on that moron Bill O'Reilly and Faux News is awesome in my book. :) I also love Dan Patrick so I am looking forward to this. :)