PDA

View Full Version : Dennis "the menace" Dixon signs 3 year deal

tony hipchest
07-08-2008, 12:45 PM
it is a SLOW news day, however camp is right around the corner and the pieces are falling into place.

heres hoping "the menace" doesnt get cut :drink:

19ward86
07-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Heres to hoping he can have a big season even as the #3 QB. 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD, 1 recieving TD, 1 punt return for a TD. Now that would be amazin.

stlrtruck
07-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Heres to hoping he can have a big season even as the #3 QB. 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD, 1 recieving TD, 1 punt return for a TD. Now that would be amazin.

You forgot 1 KR for a TD

TackleMeBen
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
well since dixon is signed, then maybe ben can buy the team and just run the team and let dixon take his job at qb:rofl:

rbryan
07-08-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm just hoping he does well so we can trade him for a decent OT next year......lol

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM
All Right!!!!! I haven't been this excited about a 5th round QB signing since.............Tee Martin!!

Steelman16
07-08-2008, 05:11 PM
All Right!!!!! I haven't been this excited about a 5th round QB signing since.............Tee Martin!!

:chuckle:

Hills, Dixon and Davis are down - several more to go. :thumbsup:

TackleMeBen
07-08-2008, 05:13 PM
now we need to get sweed and mendenhall signed.

slashsteel
07-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I am excited about all of our draft picks. I hope each one of them can contribute a little this year.

I am a homer what do you want? ;)

Mundy and Humpal should sign soon probably before Limas-bean Sweed and Furious Mendenhall. ; :thumbsup:

43Hitman
07-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I am excited about all of our draft picks. I hope each one of them can contribute a little this year.

I am a homer what do you want? ;)

Mundy and Humpal should sign soon probably before Limas-bean Sweed and Furious Mendenhall. ; :thumbsup:

Yeah, I imagine that Sweed and Mendenhall will be some of the last to sign. I just hope it's before camp starts.

HometownGal
07-08-2008, 06:29 PM
it is a SLOW news day, however camp is right around the corner and the pieces are falling into place.

heres hoping "the menace" doesnt get cut :drink:

TC can't get here soon enough for me! :tt03::tt02:

I like the way the Steelers are headed thus far. Even with their brutal schedule, I believe this year is really going to be an exciting one with a couple of stars being born. :thumbsup:

The Duke
07-08-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm just hoping he does well so we can trade him for a decent OT next year......lol

I'm hoping for any positive situation, he becomes a good backup for ben, he is traded for a draft pick or another player, but in the end they have to find a backup QB for ben in the future, be it dixon or not.

lilyoder6
07-08-2008, 09:46 PM
i must be behind the curveball or i can't remember that we signed davis... but i think humpal and mundy should sign here quickly enough as to they are higher picks and won't be getting much money and there isn't as much wheeling and dealing

Tankus_Maximus
07-08-2008, 09:56 PM
LMFAO@ Dennis "the menace"....

Welcome To Smashmouth
07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Awesome. I've got nothing but high hopes for this guy, great to hear we've solidified his spot. Once Charlie is gone I see our QB depth lookin real nice if, God forbid, something does happen to ben.

And i'm feelin the nickname!!

Galax Steeler
07-09-2008, 04:37 AM
I hope all of our rookies will contribute this year and get them all signed before trainning camp.

lilyoder6
07-09-2008, 12:19 PM
reminds me of the tv show/movie of dennis the mennice (how ever u spell it).

Haiku_Dirtt
07-09-2008, 01:32 PM
TC can't get here soon enough for me! :tt03::tt02:

I like the way the Steelers are headed thus far. Even with their brutal schedule, I believe this year is really going to be an exciting one with a couple of stars being born. :thumbsup:

Going into the draft I was very blue. Cracks in the foundation with little hope of any immediate repair.

So what does Colbert do? They give us a few toys to play with. Passify us. It worked.

I'm still stunned that we got Dixon. Look out for Davis too. Good Lord. Is that two Pac-10 players in one draft? My how times have changed.

Dino 6 Rings
07-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Can this fool tackle? Cause if he's fast he should play punt and kick off coverage too.

SteelMember
07-16-2008, 03:01 PM
I see him mabey fitting into that "slash" role the Steelers seem to put some of their talented college QB's in. I guess he will have to prove himself out of the pocket before he can go in and run some of the gadget plays Kordell, Hines, El and even wilson ran. His arm and speed are definately a threat if he were to line up at WR.:noidea: