PDA

View Full Version : 1PM Kickoff

AvoidLLoyd95
11-16-2005, 04:50 PM
I am not sure but I think this weeks game is at 1PM instead of a 4:15PM kickoff. I saw it on some website that I cannot recall. Correct me if I am wrong.

Prosdo
11-16-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm pretty sure it is. The NFL shuffled some games around.

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2005, 05:01 PM
CBS flipped starting times for Ravens-Steelers and Bengals-Colts several weeks ago, based on Bengals having the season the Ravens were expected to have when the TV schedule was set last spring.

Tommy Maddox v. Kyle Boller or Peyton Manning v. Carson Palmer - who would you prefer to showcase in your national doubleheader game :)

clevestinks
11-16-2005, 05:02 PM
I was hoping for a 4:15 start

AvoidLLoyd95
11-16-2005, 05:29 PM
CBS flipped starting times for Ravens-Steelers and Bengals-Colts several weeks ago, based on Bengals having the season the Ravens were expected to have when the TV schedule was set last spring.

Tommy Maddox v. Kyle Boller or Peyton Manning v. Carson Palmer - who would you prefer to showcase in your national doubleheader game :)

I don't think they could have known the starting qb's three weeks ago. Besides, I would think that Indy and the bungles would be a good 1pm game for a national game. Seeing as that is the normal gametime throught the country. Just my:twocents:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Its mainly for the benefit of the west coast population that has to watch games early in the AM..sothe 4:15 start works out better for a national audience.

SuperMan313
11-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Its mainly for the benefit of the west coast population that has to watch games early in the AM..sothe 4:15 start works out better for a national audience.
Exactly, people don't want to have to wake up at 10:00 am in the morning during there weekend.

clevestinks
11-16-2005, 07:15 PM

4:15 works better for me also! For two reasons! Not that it matters to everbody else! :grin:

1. I am on a mandatory seven days a week! It was suppose to last six weeks , its been 10 and NO end in site! I need a new job! So when we play at 1:00 I go in earlier and they let me off earlier!

2. The stinking brownies are the home team here, and when we play at the same time they do, I don`t get the game, but my brother,Physhoward86 gets it 10 miles away as a local channel out of Erie.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-16-2005, 07:20 PM
I wasa hoping for a 4:15 so I can watch the Steelers.Living in Cleveland sucks get I have to watch the Browns game.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Well I am in New York and a 1PM game is better for me anyway. I hate 4pm games because the damn Jets always seem to go into overtime or something or the Bills think they are a real team and tie someone and I always miss the first 10 minutes of the game because it pre-empts the steeler coverage(on DirectTV).

soniczilla
11-16-2005, 08:01 PM
I wasa hoping for a 4:15 so I can watch the Steelers.Living in Cleveland sucks get I have to watch the Browns game.

Time to get DirecTV!

AvoidLLoyd95
11-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Time to get DirecTV!
I couldn't live without my DirecTV!!!

clevestinks
11-16-2005, 08:07 PM

Roeth, where you at? We can maybe hook up , we always have a bunch of us Steelers fans

RoethlisBURGHer
11-16-2005, 08:40 PM
cleve I am in North Ridgeville,not very far,and I have to be in Cleveland on Sunday morning anyways.So where around the area are you?

My family had DirectTV but we didn't have the money for the extra stuff like NFL Sunday Ticket.Plus,whenever it snowed or rained the TV went snowy,so we switched to cable.I'm eventually gonna move if not to Pittsburgh,at least somehwere in Ohio where I can see Steelers games weekly without having to go to a sports bar or something.

pitt
11-17-2005, 01:46 AM
I like the 1pm games.