PDA

View Full Version : No More Interviews for Obama's Kids

TackleMeBen
07-09-2008, 12:17 PM
WASHINGTON (July 9) - Don't expect to see more of Barack Obama's young daughters on television any time soon.

The Democratic presidential candidate and his wife, Michelle, allowed the cable show 'Access Hollywood' to interview their daughters, Malia and Sasha, as Malia celebrated her 10th birthday. The four-part interview began airing Tuesday.

On Wednesday, Obama said he had second thoughts after seeing how much attention the interview had received. The Obamas had been keeping Malia and 7-year-old Sasha out of the media spotlight.

"It was an exception, it was Malia's birthday, we were in Montana, everybody was having a good time," he told "Good Morning America" on ABC. "I think we got carried away a little bit. Generally what makes them so charming is the fact that they're not spending a lot of time worrying about TV cameras or politics and we want to keep it that way."

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/no-more-interviews-for-obamas-kids/20080709094309990001?icid=100214839x1205449047x120 0252374

Hawk Believer
07-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I think that was a bad call by Obamas. One thing that I think the Bushes and Clintons both did well was to shield thier kids as much as possible while they were in the White House.

Atlanta Dan
07-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I think that was a bad call by Obamas. One thing that I think the Bushes and Clintons both did well was to shield thier kids as much as possible while they were in the White House.

Agreed - both the Clinton and Bush families put out the word to leave the kids alone or be prepared to be frozen out by the White House. Props to them for doing so.

The parents should have known (or maybe did know) this would get replayed to death on 24/7 cable, especially in a slow news cycle. Anothe faux pas by the Obama media squad, following up on that ridiculous sorta Presidential seal he was speaking behind a few weeks back.

TackleMeBen
07-09-2008, 02:14 PM
i would have to agree. both the clintons and bushs made sure that their children were protected and off limits to the media.

Dino 6 Rings
07-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Little late to pretend to be a Humble Guy with a Humble Family isn't it?

Preacher
07-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Agreed - both the Clinton and Bush families put out the word to leave the kids alone or be prepared to be frozen out by the White House. Props to them for doing so.

The parents should have known (or maybe did know) this would get replayed to death on 24/7 cable, especially in a slow news cycle. Anothe faux pas by the Obama media squad, following up on that ridiculous sorta Presidential seal he was speaking behind a few weeks back.

Yep...

and I agree. The children need to stay out of the spotlight... and the press needs to be human beings and keep them out as well.

HometownGal
07-09-2008, 06:40 PM
and the press needs to be human beings and keep them out as well.

The Bungles have a better chance of winning a Super Bowl in 2009 than that happening. The press (generally) are inconsiderate vampires who will suck the blood out of anyone, even their own mothers, to be the first to get that story in print. Sad but true.

WTH were the Obamas thinking here? :doh:

GBMelBlount
07-09-2008, 07:34 PM

Unfortunately, some kids weren't shielded from Clinton.