PDA

View Full Version : Best Fans - Sirius radio topic

Vis
07-09-2008, 03:47 PM
The two guys filling in on Sirius NFL Radio said the Steelers have, by far, the best fans. The other fans, Cleveland especially, are going mad. Turn it on if you have it.

slashsteel
07-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I guess the truth hurts ! :applaudit:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-09-2008, 05:34 PM
The truth hurts ****ers!

I have a feeling this thread's gonna end up in the blast furnace.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Hate ta disagree..But Browns fans for all the Crap they've had to go through are pretty damn loyal.

http://www.bizjournals.com/edit_special/43.html

Honestly..As a comparison...I can recall Steelers fans leaving in droves during the Jax. Game, during the third quarter..and you were only down What, two Scores?. And if you're looking at Weather then thats a pathetic excuse to use as us Browns fans all showed up for the Game against the Bills that day.

I want to see how you guys could deal with the seasons and diasters that Cleveland has went through. If you guys were that weak about the Jax. game.then how weak would you guys get if you only won..like three games?

Not questioning anyone on heres loyalty to their team. But anyone can be a fan of team thats a winner, When your teams hit rock bottom and you decide to stick with them, thats when I admire a fan of a franchise.

billybob
07-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Case noted,it was not your idea,for the "ORIGINAL" Browns to pack up,and send another team after the sensational steelers.You can combine the "original" Browns,and the Browns you have now,and still be where you are now.Competitive,but still can't quite handle the task at hand.In other words,still can't cut "the mustard".And i am lovin every minute of it!!!:tt02:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Case noted,it was not your idea,for the "ORIGINAL" Browns to pack up,and send another team after the sensational steelers.You can combine the "original" Browns,and the Browns you have now,and still be where you are now.Competitive,but still can't quite handle the task at hand.In other words,still can't cut "the mustard".And i am lovin every minute of it!!!:tt02:

Not to sound cliched..But we shall see about this year ;).

If you're saying we'd combine the Rats and the Browns then that would really screw up team chemistry, as the Rats are a bunch of thugs and felons not unlike the Bungals.

GBMelBlount
07-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Hate ta disagree..But Browns fans for all the Crap they've had to go through are pretty damn loyal.

I agree. I lived in Canton OH for several years and my friends for the most part were extremely loyal Browns fans through all of their consistent suckiness.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-09-2008, 08:22 PM
I agree. I lived in Canton OH for several years and my friends for the most part were extremely loyal Browns fans through all of their consistent suckiness.

Stark County Represent. :thumbsup:

benavidez
07-09-2008, 10:08 PM
yeah the browns fans are pretty loyal even though there team sucked for a little bit but i still think that steelers are the best fans :)

Galax Steeler
07-10-2008, 05:46 AM
yeah the browns fans are pretty loyal even though there team sucked for a little bit but i still think that steelers are the best fans :)

Yea clevelands fans can't hold a candle to the steelers fans.:tt02:

Texasteel
07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
I don't know about the best fans, but the Brownies may be the most abused fans in football.

43Hitman
07-10-2008, 05:39 PM
I know that when the Steelers played the Patriots in 03' I believe. And they abused Ben, the fans were gone by the 3rd quarter.( I think the final score was something like 27-44.) I was so freaking embarrassed that night to be a Steeler fan. Here our team busted their asses all season went 15-1 with a rookie QB and the fans just walk out on them. I thought to myself I would give my left testicle to be at a home Championship game no matter how cold it was. In my mind you have to stick with your team no matter how bad it gets. I don't care how cold it is. But I digress. So I guess I would have to say that I don't think we have the best fans ( or atleast the best fans at our home games). Heh, maybe it's just cause some of the real die-hards just can't afford to get to all the home games so those seats get filled by corporate butts that don't have a clue what a real fan should endure for thier team. Anyways that's my two cents.

steelymcmatt
07-10-2008, 06:25 PM

SSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPP

HOLD THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DID A STEELERS FAN AND A BROWNS FAN JUST AGREE ON SOMETHING?

I GUESS THAT HOMELESS GUY ON THE CORNER IS RIGHT..........THE END IS COMING:drink:

steelymcmatt
07-10-2008, 06:27 PM
I don't know about the best fans, but the Brownies may be the most abused fans in football.

:iagree:

steelymcmatt
07-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I have to say this.....when I was young (early 90s) I was a fair-weather 49ers fan and my uncle gave me grief saying I should pick a local team. Of course he was referring to the Eagles since both he and my father were Philadelphia fans. But about that time the Steelers hired a new chin....I mean coach by the name of Bill Cowher. So I decided to stay in PA, but go across the state and I've been following the Steelers ever since.

I've said all that to say this: I've been to two football stadiums in my life.....the vet and Heinz field. After my experience at the vet and allthe incredibly rude, obnoxious, DISGUSTING Eagles fans, I will NEVER attend another professional sporting event in that city!

Galax Steeler
07-11-2008, 04:37 AM

:toofunny:

rbryan
07-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Arguing over topics like this is for people who just can't find anything else to argue about.

It's impossible to prove. Its like arguing over who has the prettiest, ugliest, fatest, whatever....... I'm pretty sure that all fan bases have thier share of fans that run the gambit from hardcore to fair weather, and everything between.

Hapa
07-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Our fans can beat up your fans

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Our fans can beat up your fans

Oh Yeah!? Our Fans can hit your fans with Beer Bottles! :flap:

It's a weird thing...If ya'll stuck through the Tough times and are just hardcore about it. I most defintly have a respect fo you.

Thats where I get the most respect for a fan of a team. Heck I'm a big Tribe fan and I would've loved to say I saw them in the 80's when they were truly terrible to say I stayed there and stuck with 'em.

Its been sad though the Browns have been not so good for so long around here that many folks switched sides and became Steelers fans, yet remaining loyal to the Bucks, Cavs and Tribe. :mad:. I got no problem with my bro RoethlisBURGHER being a Steeler fan as he grew up that way, and stuck with the team. Same with anyone who was under similiar circumstances :). I just think that we need to make all the Bandwagoners become pats fans so we know all who truly dislike.