PDA

View Full Version : Never Noticed This Until Now...

SteelFist
07-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Everyone watch this video clip of the Wild Card game vs Jacksonville....and focus on James Harrison at about 1:39 into the clip.

You will see the most blatant hold you'll find in a game. And its the type of hold that is called most of the time. Watch as Harrison initially steps out and then tries to step back inside to tackle Gerrard once he realizes its a QB sneak. The LT holds (The most obvious type of hold) Harrison from making the tackle which would have been for no gain. Clearly his hands are holding the outside of the defender. If thats not blatant I don't know what is.

I've never noticed that hold until now.

http://www.truveo.com/Wild-Card-Weekend-Anatomy-of-a-Play-David-Garrards/id/235463061

Mosca
07-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Probably true, but not worth going back over. IMO, to win a playoff game you have to play well enough that the opponents aren't even in a position where a bad call can take it away from you. You have to neutralize the variations caused by poor officiating, something we didn't do.

Next.

SteelFist
07-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Probably true, but not worth going back over. IMO, to win a playoff game you have to play well enough that the opponents aren't even in a position where a bad call can take it away from you. You have to neutralize the variations caused by poor officiating, something we didn't do.

Next.

Yeah, but football is just about here. And I didn't intend it to appear as if was complaining.

Just a little more reason to look forward to the season, and what this team can do if they've improved which is, hopefully, something that they've been able to do.

steelersfanman92
07-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Yea it was a hold but they also would have been 15 yards back if anthony smith could make a tackle

but no matter what its over and Im just looking forward to this season

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Never noticed until now????

I was yellin at the TV when the play happened. As an ex O lineman, I expect to get away with holding on the interior line when the OLineman hands are inside the defenders frame.

But that was the easiest call in the world to make!!!!! Khalif Barnes is out on an island with Harrison, the ballcarrier is right at the point of infraction, Barnes has his hands outside the frame and on the shoulderpads of Harrison and he has his hands closed and grasping jersey.

Unfortunately that is text book holding call that any official in Pop Warner could and should make. Its unfortunate that you never noticed it until now, but most unfortunate that the Ref didnt make the call and wasnt reprimanded for it.

Albert Haynesworth stepping on Andre Gurode's head was more subtle than that hold.

fansince'76
07-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Yea it was a hold but they also would have been 15 yards back if anthony smith could make a tackle

Actually it was Tyrone Carter that whiffed on the tackle, but as has previously been said, coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Steelman16
07-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Albert Haynesworth stepping on Andre Gurode's head was more subtle than that hold.

:chuckle: THAT was just ugly. Haynesworth lost all respect from me after that.

Harrison was clearly held. We lost. Game over. It's now 2008 and we're beginning the new season.

Go Steelers! Knock the Jags on their butts next time. :tt02:

Galax Steeler
07-17-2008, 04:20 AM
I also saw the hold as soon as it happend I couldn't believe that it wasn't called I guess you win some and loose some.

stillers4me
07-17-2008, 06:47 AM
Funny how every tiny little indiscretion was noticed and called to get the ball back into Tom Brady's hands last year, though. :hunch:

rbryan
07-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Everyone saw the hold at the time, but sh!t happens. My problem is that this azzclown shows the play over and over from different angles talking about what a great play it was without once acknowledging that the ref may have missed the call.

SteelFist
07-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Everyone saw the hold at the time, but sh!t happens. My problem is that this azzclown shows the play over and over from different angles talking about what a great play it was without once acknowledging that the ref may have missed the call.

He's on the Jaguars salary...:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-17-2008, 11:32 AM

Yeah, at least an objective..."Barnes might have got away with a little tug there" in the analysis would be better than praising a hold in slo-motion.

STEELAMANIA
07-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Now that Woodley is starting full time and Timmons in the mix, they can hold Harrison as much as they like, but too bad for them that we have too many playmakers for them to handle