PDA

View Full Version : GA NFLPA Prez says Steelers

entrobe
07-16-2008, 04:42 PM
I had the chance to talk to Dewey McClain, current president of Georgia's NFL Player Association, and the topic of who's who this year came up. The four teams he named were: Indy, Washington, Dallas and Pittsburgh. Thought it was interesting coming from an NFL inside man (sort of).

Steelman16
07-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Washington seems like a homer pick IMO. I mean, anything can happen in the NFC, but I don't see them being the team to beat this year in the NFC playoffs.

Dallas. :noidea: Maybe Romo figures out how to play more than 16 games in a year.

Indy. That's what everyone always says. Obviously it'd be stupid to count them out, but I don't feel it's their year. But then again, they're always kinda quiet and just ball. But the Peyton-hushhush-knee-surgery doesn't brighten their chances.

Pittsburgh. I'll be realistic. We're gonna win the super bowl. :chuckle: Ok, I really do think we have a big chance this year. If the O-line can play adequete football, I believe we can win 12 games and a division title on the road to a deep playoff run.

It's nice to see some Steelers love, but the Washington pick still puzzles me.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Washington?

I don't think so. Playoffs? Yes. Past round two? No.

Galax Steeler
07-17-2008, 03:27 AM
What happened to the cheatriots I figured they would have picked them maybe everyone is affraid to pick them now because we don't really know how good they are without cheating.

entrobe
07-17-2008, 08:51 AM
There's always a surprise team. I figured someone inside the league might have better insight than all of us making guesses based on press releases.

On Washington, if Jason Campell turns a corner they've got a dangerous team. Theres playmakers at the skill positions and young talent on defense.

It was refreshing to hear someone other than the people on this forum and all Steelers fans give us a vote of confidence. Its a good sign if other people think your dangerous.

steeltheone
07-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Wonder if he looked at our schedule?

entrobe
07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Maybe. I think what matters more is that we have a team that can compete no matter the opponent.

steelreserve
07-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Wonder if he looked at our schedule?

Quit repeating what you've heard on TV. Every year, the media looks at the schedule and says "OMG THEY HAV 2 PLAY TEH COLTS & THE PATRIOTS!!! HOW WILL THEY AVOID GOING 0-16???" Hell, if you listened to the media, you might as well reduce the playoffs to just the Colts, the Patriots, and Brett Favre, and demote all the other teams to some sort of "B" league.

Here in the real world, anyone with half a brain realizes that no matter how much hype they give to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, there are about 6 or 7 teams with a reasonable shot at winning the Super Bowl every year.

Elvis
07-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Maybe. I think what matters more is that we have a team that can compete no matter the opponent.
Couldnt have said it better at all entrobe!!
I just think if our offensive line and defensive lines' can hold up I think we have a great chance for great things in '08
:tt02: