PDA

View Full Version : Packers file tampering charges against Vikings

HughC
07-16-2008, 08:20 PM
And in today's edition of As The Favre Turns, we find the Packers going to a bunker mentality and filing tampering charges against the Vikings (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8351554/Source:-Packers-say-Vikings-tampered-with-Favre?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5).

As the days roll by, the Brett Favre saga seems to get stranger and stranger. Now the soap opera has shifted to a new level.

In the latest twist, the Packers have filed tampering charges with the league office against the Minnesota Vikings for alleged communication with Favre, still technically a member of Green Bay, FOXSports.com has learned. The league, according to a source, is currently in information-gathering mode, speaking to members of both teams.

The Vikings were informed late last week that the allegation is that Favre has had inappropriate dialogue with Minnesota offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a close Favre friend and former assistant coach with the Packers. Favre has sought his release from Green Bay and several rumors have swirled that Minnesota is his targeted landing place, largely due to his relationship with Bevell.

League sources say the Vikings vehemently denied any wrongdoing and are awaiting the league's next step in the process. The Packers, meanwhile, have supplied the league with their version of wrongdoing.

Should the league find the Vikings guilty of tampering, they could lose draft picks and/or face fines.

The entire affair escalated to an ugly level this week when Favre conducted an interview with FOX News' Greta Van Susteren in which the living legend took the Packers to task for refusing to release him. In fact, a leaked version of the transcript had Favre blasting GM Ted Thompson, but in another odd twist, that portion of the interview has not been shown on the air.

The Packers have refused to grant the league's all-time leading passer's request for a release due in part to their fear that he would sign with the Vikings. Despite the wave of speculation, Vikings head coach Brad Childress insists that Tarvaris Jackson is his guy.

The entire affair is unfortunate, as Favre is more synonymous with Green Bay than any other player is with a city. At the same time, however, fans are now forced to make judgments for or against their hometown hero/team.

Calls by FOXSports.com to head coaches of both teams have not yet been returned.

Steelman16
07-16-2008, 08:34 PM
:toofunny: NOW look at what you've done, Brett!

LambertIsGod58
07-16-2008, 08:42 PM
I'd love to see him in Minnesota.....

Atlanta Dan
07-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Packers should release his rights to the Vikings for draft picks and then blitz him every down when they play until they knock him out of the game(s)

I thought Favre's ego and lack of discipline jumped the shark about 5 years ago - his latest diva behavior (giving an interview to Greta on Fox News :toofunny:) confirms it

xfl2001fan
07-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Who needs soap operas, sheesh!

Mosca
07-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Yyyyyeah... Tavaris Jacksssson..... yyyyyeah....

tony hipchest
07-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Packers should release his rights to the Vikings for draft picks and then blitz him every down when they play until they knock him out of the game(s)

I thought Favre's ego and lack of discipline jumped the shark about 5 years ago - his latest diva behavior (giving an interview to Greta on Fox News :toofunny:) confirms iti was wondering.... why greta (of all people)?

then i learned she is a wisconsin native and packer shareholder. who woulda thunk?

Atlanta Dan
07-16-2008, 09:35 PM
i was wondering.... why greta (of all people)?

then i learned she is a wisconsin native and packer shareholder. who woulda thunk?

Good info - still odd Brett just didn't go to Mort or Boomer on ESPN for an interview by one of his fanboys, but he is a legend in his own mind who has transcended mere sports reporting

tony hipchest
07-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Good info - still odd Brett just didn't go to Mort or Boomer on ESPN, but he is a legend in his own mind who has transcended mere sports reportingi woulda figured mooch being that they practically make love everytime they speak to eachother.

mariuchi practically cries like vermiel anytime brett is brought up.

9-5
07-16-2008, 09:47 PM
:coffee:

oh.......whatever.

Who cares?

rbryan
07-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Good info - still odd Brett just didn't go to Mort or Boomer on ESPN for an interview by one of his fanboys, but he is a legend in his own mind who has transcended mere sports reporting

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Being the lead story on ESPN, NFL network etc...just wasn't quite giving him the attn he truly deserves.....lol

IMO that interview hurt more than it helped his cause. What a freakin crybaby.

atlsteelers
07-17-2008, 10:22 AM
actually he is good friends with greta. especially his wife. gretta sits on the packers board of directors and has season tickets

OneForTheToe
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
inappropriate dialogue

Is the NFL sending Chris Hanson to the Vikings?:mg::wtf:

"Mr. Childress, please have a seat over there. So, what were you thinking talking to Brett when you knew he was still a Packer....?":wink02:

CantStop85
07-17-2008, 12:16 PM

"Mr. Childress, please have a seat over there. So, what were you thinking talking to Brett when you knew he was still a Packer....?":wink02:

"I wasn't really going to do anything...we were just making conversation, you know?"

:flap:

OneForTheToe
07-17-2008, 12:24 PM
"I wasn't really going to do anything...we were just making conversation, you know?"

:flap:

:chuckle:

"This is the first time I have ever done anything like this."

RoethlisBURGHer
07-17-2008, 12:33 PM
I guess, while technically still retired, he can't talk to friends.

stlrtruck
07-17-2008, 12:54 PM

I mis-interpreted the rules! :applaudit:

LambertIsGod58
07-17-2008, 01:12 PM

I thought Favre's ego and lack of discipline jumped the shark about 5 years ago - his latest diva behavior (giving an interview to Greta on Fox News :toofunny:) confirms it

Lack of discipline? :rofl:

LambertIsGod58
07-17-2008, 01:14 PM

I'd hope that you are not refering to Favre being a legend in his own mind? He is a legend.....that's a FACT!! Hate him if you want, but let's not start telling untruths here. It's actually kinda sickening to be honest. I guess you hate Brady for the same reason....he's a winner!

rbryan
07-17-2008, 02:02 PM
I hate Brady because he's a cheater. I'm just happy they cooperated by getting caught rehanded, otherwise I'd have to just hate him for being a winner....lol

I don't hate Favre, but his antics have worn thin with a lot of the fans in GB let alone elsewhere. Myself included.

missedgehead
07-17-2008, 02:20 PM
actually he is good friends with greta. especially his wife. gretta sits on the packers board of directors and has season tickets

WHy do you think he picked her to interview him? LOL Newt Gingrich who also has a stake in the team or whatever also is chiming in saying he should be reinstated as the starter. Surprise surprise. As far as this Vikings bit goes, I think this fued between the Packers and Farve is getting good. :) I love it. :drink:

LambertIsGod58
07-17-2008, 03:23 PM
I hate Brady because he's a cheater. I'm just happy they cooperated by getting caught rehanded, otherwise I'd have to just hate him for being a winner....lol

I don't hate Favre, but his antics have worn thin with a lot of the fans in GB let alone elsewhere. Myself included.

Now this statement, although I don't like, I can live with.

Big D
07-17-2008, 03:54 PM
how much more of a non story could this be. Bevell is his friend. If favre would have talked to mike holmgren nobody would have cared. All this is about is the favre messing with favre. It's turning into a childish game of revenge.

j-dawg
07-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Bret Farve Watch!!

Today lengendary quarterback Bret Farve took a leak on a tractor tire in his back yard while singing the Scorpions classic hit, "Here I am, Rock you like a hurricane!"

league sources can only speculate if Farve intends on evoking a hurricane... stay with us as the story develops...

tony hipchest
07-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Bret Farve Watch!!

Today lengendary quarterback Bret Farve took a leak on a tractor tire in his back yard while singing the Scorpions classic hit, "Here I am, Rock you like a hurricane!"

league sources can only speculate if Farve intends on evoking a hurricane... stay with us as the story develops...

:link:

i heard it was his bassett hound "hercules" who leaked on the tractor tire as favre whistled the tune and watched....