PDA

View Full Version : Ask The Steelers- Rashard Mendenhall

tony hipchest
07-16-2008, 07:20 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/90279/

From SSG Michael Molinaro stationed in Camp Liberty (Baghdad), Iraq: What was your favorite moment during your college career?
Rashard Mendenhall:

One of our games last year, towards the end of the year, my brother finally got a chance to play. He went out there and did real well. He had a 30-yard run, and a 20-yard run his first couple of carries. To see him get a chance and be out there too was good.

something tells me he definitely isnt a "me" guy. he had some good games of his own last year.

From Mike Powers in Des Moines, Iowa: Not long from now you will sign a contract and get a signing bonus. What’s the first thing you plan on buying with that bonus?

Rashard Mendenhall: I promised a trainer from my old school I would buy him a pair of shoes so I have to go and do that.

:confused: definitely the strangest answer ive seen to that question. he has a barefoot trainer?

EDIT: wrong! i shoulda read mike humpal's first....

From Mike Powers in Des Moines, Iowa: Not long from now you will sign a contract and get a signing bonus. What’s the first thing you plan on buying with that bonus?
Mike Humpal: Probably some food. I want to pay off some bills and put the rest in the bank. The most important thing will be saving it. :pizza: - humpals signing bonus

Steelman16
07-16-2008, 07:25 PM
The more I read about Mendenhall and Sweed, especially, I'm seeing that the Steelers have once again chosen quality people for the team. These are the types of people that can have a life after sports like Lynn Swann, and won't be idiots like Chris Henry during their career.

:thumbsup:

Steelman16
07-16-2008, 07:27 PM
:confused: definitely the strangest answer ive seen to that question. he has a barefoot trainer?

:toofunny:

I don't think so. He probably made some sort of bet with him.

But, you're right. Now that I think about, it's strange. :chuckle:

The Duke
07-16-2008, 07:36 PM
lol, I love rashard's attitude, funny and selfless

and about humpal, his salary is considerably lower, so maybe he actually has to save money :noidea:

tony hipchest
07-16-2008, 07:39 PM

and about humpal, his salary is considerably lower, so maybe he actually has to save money :noidea:indeed. today on the radio they were talking about how last year, colt brennan seemed to have the world by the balls. today, he's figuring what to do with his $90,000 signing bonus (which very well could be his last).

Galax Steeler
07-17-2008, 03:31 AM
You know Mendenhall talke about his brother instead of him he sounds like a reall classy guy that is what we need on this team.

Steel Pit
07-17-2008, 04:43 AM
My prediction, in 3 years Rashard Mendenhall will be known as the best RB in the NFL. The dude just has the "it" factor.

stillers4me
07-17-2008, 05:44 AM
My prediction, in 3 years Rashard Mendenhall will be known as the best RB in the NFL. The dude just has the "it" factor.

I just hope we can afford to pay him in another three years. :doh:

entrobe
07-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Steelers will give it up for the best RB in the league I'd imagine. Running's been our staple forever.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-17-2008, 10:35 AM
indeed. today on the radio they were talking about how last year, colt brennan seemed to have the world by the balls. today, he's figuring what to do with his $90,000 signing bonus (which very well could be his last).

He's got to give approx $45,000 to the IRS and probably 10 or 15% to his agent. Cant exactly get that place in Beverly Hills for $35k.

revefsreleets
07-17-2008, 10:49 AM
indeed. today on the radio they were talking about how last year, colt brennan seemed to have the world by the balls. today, he's figuring what to do with his $90,000 signing bonus (which very well could be his last).

You are going to make some Hawaii fans very, very angry with that statement. Colt Brennan is going to be the next Joe Montana, just you wait and see:wink02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-17-2008, 11:17 AM
You are going to make some Hawaii fans very, very angry with that statement. Colt Brennan is going to be the next Joe Montana, just you wait and see:wink02:

That or the next Jared Zabransky.

19ward86
07-17-2008, 11:37 AM
I hope he has a great career cuz i dont feel like being disappointed.

Texasteel
07-17-2008, 02:10 PM

and about humpal, his salary is considerably lower, so maybe he actually has to save money :noidea:

Humpla is a very level headed kid. You won't find him blowing a lot of cash figuring he's got it made now.

CanadianSteel
07-17-2008, 02:37 PM
All of the picks this year give the impression that they are good citizens as well as football players......... but $$ can definately change people as well