PDA

View Full Version : 2008 ALL-TURD TEAM DEFENSE?

GBMelBlount
07-17-2008, 09:32 AM
2008 ALL-TURD TEAM DEFENSE
Posted by Mike Florio on July 9, 2008, 7:39 p.m. EDT

Leonard Little, DE, Rams: Though he hasnít killed anyone else since 1999, his DUI that resulted in the death of Susan Gutweiler is something we still wonít forget.

Jared Allen, DE, Vikings: Sure, he has been clean for a while. But a suspension in 2007 due to two prior DUI incidents gets him on the list for a second straight year.

Charles Grant, DE, Saints: Grant faces a manslaughter indictment after a fight resulted in a pregnant woman being killed.

Darrion Scott, DE, unattached: The former Viking was busted twice in the past year, once for some of the most appalling allegations of child abuse weíve ever seen.

Jason Taylor, DE, Dolphins: Wants out of Miami but lacks the stones to say so publicly. And then thereís the whole dancing thing.

Fred Evans, DT, Vikings: Pleaded guilty last August to two felony charges after an incident in which he went bonkos while a member of the Miami Dolphins.

Vince Wilfork, DT, Patriots: Threw an elbow at J.P. Losmanís knee and a finger at Brandon Jacobsí eyeball.

Albert Haynesworth, DT, Titans: A year of good behavior while trying to get a new contract isnít enough to make us forget that face-shredding of Andre Gurode.

Rocky Bernard, DT, Seahawks: Yet another NFL player who doesnít know how to properly resolve conflict with the ladies in his life.

James Harrison, LB, Steelers: Ditto.

Michael Boley, LB, Falcons: Um, ditto.

Jordon Dizon, LB, Lions: Busted six days before the draft for DUI.

Antonio Pierce, LB, Giants: Pleads guilty to animal neglect.

Lofa Tatupu, LB, Seahawks: Arrested for DUI; recently pleaded guilty to the charge.

Lance Briggs, LB, Bears: Crashed his Lamborghini and ran away. Skipped voluntary workouts after getting a big contract.

Brian Urlacher, LB, Bears: Nasty text messages to the mother of his child, and nasty treatment of the franchise that has paid him a ton of money over the years.

Pacman Jones, CB, Cowboys: Adam Jones gets a clean slate. Pacman Jones doesnít. A full suspension for all of 2007 coupled with an ongoing sideshow of disrespect for the game gets him a spot on the 2008 edition of the team.

Aqib Talib, CB, Buccaneers: This Pacman-in-training already has done what Jones never did ó Talib got into a fight at the rookie symposium.

DeJuan Tribble, CB, Chargers: See Gosder Cherilus.

Jack Ikegwuono, CB, Eagles: Drafted despite facing burglary charges. For stealing an Xbox. And not even a 360.

Kenny Wright, CB, unattached: Two arrests were bad enough. Losing a footrace with a cop was even worse.

Fabian Washington, CB, Ravens: See Rocky Bernard. And James Harrison. And Michael Boley.

Willie Andrews, DB, unattached: Cut by the Pats after two offseason arrests, including most recently a charge based on pointing a gun at his fianceeís head. So, basically, ditto.

Kalvin Pearson, S, Lions: And ditto.

Dwight Smith, S, Lions: Former Vikings defensive back has been good for an arrest per year of late.

Rodney Harrison, S, Patriots: Suspended for HGH possession, and then claimed it wasnít cheating. Oh, and being voted the dirtiest player in the NFL for like the umpteenth time in a row doesnít hurt.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/09/2008-all-turd-team-defense/

Hammer Of The GODS
07-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Where is Ray Lewis? Oh I forgot, he's the NFLs best LB ever. :thmbdown: :sign02:

xfl2001fan
07-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Where is Ray Lewis? Oh I forgot, he's the NFLs best LB ever. :thmbdown: :sign02:

Wasn't his charges dropped or something? Don't get me wrong, I think he should have burned for it, but celebrity status has a habit of winning out. Lately that's been changing, but not by a whole lot.

fansince'76
07-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Wasn't his charges dropped or something? Don't get me wrong, I think he should have burned for it, but celebrity status has a habit of winning out. Lately that's been changing, but not by a whole lot.

He accepted the lesser charge of obstruction of justice and agreed to rat out a couple of his homies to avoid murder charges.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/19/06/04/lewis_agreement/

However, I'm sure the reason that he didn't wind up on this list is that he's since "found God." :rolleyes:

http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2006/1113_large.jpg

Give me a break. :coffee:

Hammer Of The GODS
07-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Sorry, when I see his face and hear his name I don't think great LB. I think, I can't believe he got away with murder!

Fa-Q Ray (I need 4 fat guys in front of me, get me out of this 3-4 defense) Lewis!

fansince'76
07-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Sorry, when I see his face and hear his name I don't think great LB. I think, I can't believe he got away with murder!

Fa-Q Ray (I need 4 fat guys in front of me, get me out of this 3-4 defense) Lewis!

What? How dare you question the greatness of Ray "Jump On The Pile After The Play Is Over While The Statman Credits Me With Two Solo Tackles" Lewis! Blasphemy!

revefsreleets
07-17-2008, 11:44 AM
If Killah Ray played all his games in Baltimore, he'd be credited with 750 tackles every year.

xfl2001fan
07-17-2008, 05:05 PM
If Killah Ray played all his games in Baltimore, he'd be credited with 750 tackles every year.

You are clearly downplaying his greatnes when he's in Baltimore. I'd forgotten about he Obstruction charge, but I did remember he had ratted out his guys.

I think Hammer pretty much said it best when describing him.

Imagine, a MLB who has 2 studly DT's in front of him and 1 or 2 run-stopping (i.e. tackles out of position) DEs that can suddenly make plays all over the field. LOL

LambertIsGod58
07-17-2008, 05:53 PM
so now Ray Lewis is overrated? So does that mean Jack Ham and Jack Lambert were too when they had arguably the greatest defensive line of all time in front of them?

xfl2001fan
07-17-2008, 06:11 PM
I think he's a tremendous athlete. However, he even admits he's a product of the system that Baltimore built. They've designed the entire defense to cater to him. Jack Ham and Jack Lambert didn't have the defense built around them to make them better, they were a collection of guys who all made each other better.

Ray's best years came when he played in a 4-3 defense with a couple of wide bodies in front of him. When they flirted with the 3-4 defense, his performance dropped significantly. He went to management (and did an interview) where he basically said I can't be me without guys in front of me. He struggled to shed blockers that were getting to him much faster than he was used to, because the D-line wasn't stout enough to let him run free.

HometownGal
07-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Albert Haynesworth, DT, Titans: A year of good behavior while trying to get a new contract isnít enough to make us forget that face-shredding of Andre Gurode.

This rotten jagoff should have been arrested on assault charges imho and his mug used to scrub the prison floors. :mad:

Birthed from the same loins:

http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/7/q/S/lewis_r.jpg

AND

http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/0/3/T/simpson_oj.jpg

fansince'76
07-17-2008, 08:29 PM
so now Ray Lewis is overrated? So does that mean Jack Ham and Jack Lambert were too when they had arguably the greatest defensive line of all time in front of them?

Nope. I recently rewatched SB XIV on YouTube and Lambert was in on a TON of tackles (Ham was injured and didn't play). I've seen too many games where Ray Lewis basically did absolutely nothing (besides run his big yap and jaw at opponents between plays) and I never so much as even heard his name called during the game, but when checking the boxscore of the same game the next day in the paper, lo and behold he was credited for 12-15 solo tackles. He went to another Pro Bowl as a reserve this past season. What the hell for, exactly? The only thing he did last season was call Billick out in the media for his shitty playcalling. Yes, IMO he is overrated. Greatly overrated.

xfl2001fan
07-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Nope. I recently rewatched SB XIV on YouTube and Lambert was in on a TON of tackles (Ham was injured and didn't play). I've seen too many games where Ray Lewis basically did absolutely nothing (besides run his big yap and jaw at opponents between plays) and I never so much as even heard his name called during the game, but when checking the boxscore of the same game the next day in the paper, lo and behold he was credited for 12-15 solo tackles. He went to another Pro Bowl as a reserve this past season. What the hell for, exactly? The only thing he did last season was call Billick out in the media for his shitty playcalling. Yes, IMO he is overrated. Greatly overrated.

It doesn't really matter. I think if I was a Steelers fan instead of a Browns fan, that question would not have come up. I think some people just want to assume I'm going to be a h8r.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Ray Lewis can go to hell.

Take a lesser charge, rat out your homies...and still nobody convicted of the murder of the two Akron, Ohio men...one who my cousin knew.

However, in a civil suit Ray Lewis pays out millions to the two families. How the hell do you get found guilty in a civil suit and end up paying a boatload of money to the victim's families...but supposedly they couldn't make charges stick in a criminal trial so they plead you down and make you give guys up...and there's still no conviction?

And as for the "God's Linebacker" garbage. It's convienant that scumbags find God and Jesus when they are sitting in a cell looking at a possible 25 to life scentance. God's got a place for you when you get to those pearly gates....an express elevator with one direction, DOWN.

HometownGal
07-18-2008, 08:18 AM
However, in a civil suit Ray Lewis pays out millions to the two families. How the hell do you get found guilty in a civil suit and end up paying a boatload of money to the victim's families...but supposedly they couldn't make charges stick in a criminal trial

Ask Orenthal James for the answer to that. :mad: Sad part is money doesn't bring back the families' loved ones and a few million is a drop in the bucket to Stabbit Ray.

Godfather
07-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Ask Orenthal James for the answer to that. :mad: Sad part is money doesn't bring back the families' loved ones and a few million is a drop in the bucket to Stabbit Ray.

Interstingly, OJ isn't the only Bill to kill his wife, beat the rap in criminal court, and lose a civil verdict. Jim Dunaway has made a number of All-Felon teams for the same thing.

revefsreleets
07-18-2008, 06:41 PM
For about 5 years Ray was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. Now if you listened to Joe Theismann and a few other tools, he was the greatest player to ever take the field in any sport ever.

But 76 is exactly right...the dude would run around, pile on after a few plays, talk an incredible amount of smack, jaw with the best players (all more talented than him) from the opposing team, and wind up with 12 tackles and 8 assists. It was ridiculous. The last few years it's been fun to watch Ray get knocked back 6 yards by FB's that he never had to deal with before.