PDA

View Full Version : Neat Article Ranking the nfl franchises all time

atlsteelers
07-17-2008, 10:18 AM
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2260_A_CHFF_epic%3A_all-time_franchise_rankings.html

The steelers are ranked 8th. Brought down by all those early loses. but a nice article, I had to forward it to my friends who are falcons fans.

fansince'76
07-17-2008, 10:36 AM
CHFF = Patriots* nuthugger site.

OneForTheToe
07-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Ok, so the Steelers get pushed down a little for their early years. That maybe fair. however, how does Oakland get ranked above them. The Raiders best era ws the seventies and the Steelers were still better. The Raiders were better in the eighties, but have really sucked since then.

xfl2001fan
07-17-2008, 10:44 AM
That's a nice article. I'm at odds with the Browns placement. I can see things from both sides of the fence, but I grew up with Kosar and have seen the franchise spiral downward since. These last few years have been a breath of fresh air because you can see that Phil savage knows how to build the team (fix the lines, fix the Lines, fix the LINES!!!!) Something that the Steelers have been doing for years.

Hopefully, the next few years will see an improvement to allow us to move up that list.

revefsreleets
07-17-2008, 11:43 AM
I saw CHFF and didn't even bother opening it.

Hammer Of The GODS
07-17-2008, 11:48 AM
The moment I see the raiders ahead of the Steelers I filed this article in the BS bin.

I'll agree that the rst of the list looks ok. But how does a team that moves more than a gypsy take the 6th spot? I mean if this list is based on fan misery wouldn't that drop this team way down?

Speaking of misery and gypsies....... The clowns fans must be really fuming about this list! If Modell stayed in cleveland they would be in the top 3. Conversely shouldn't that fact also drop them lower? I mean how miserable were the fans when they bolted for buttamore? :rofl:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-17-2008, 12:17 PM
The moment I see the raiders ahead of the Steelers I filed this article in the BS bin.

I'll agree that the rst of the list looks ok. But how does a team that moves more than a gypsy take the 6th spot? I mean if this list is based on fan misery wouldn't that drop this team way down?

Speaking of misery and gypsies....... The clowns fans must be really fuming about this list! If Modell stayed in cleveland they would be in the top 3. Conversely shouldn't that fact also drop them lower? I mean how miserable were the fans when they bolted for buttamore? :rofl:

:noidea:

I'm not really all that upset about the article itself..I've seen a lot of clueless NFL fans rank us among the likes of the Lions and Cards in terms of futilitiy. It's nice to see this list reflect what I think the true nature of the Browns are.

As far as the Raida's being on the list..I recall them being a legit team pretty much every decade up until 2002.

Imagine if Moddell didn't even own the team in the first place..He ruined a good thing period. :doh:

Hammer Of The GODS
07-17-2008, 12:49 PM
:noidea:

I'm not really all that upset about the article itself..I've seen a lot of clueless NFL fans rank us among the likes of the Lions and Cards in terms of futilitiy. It's nice to see this list reflect what I think the true nature of the Browns are.

As far as the Raida's being on the list..I recall them being a legit team pretty much every decade up until 2002.

Imagine if Moddell didn't even own the team in the first place..He ruined a good thing period. :doh:

Not argueing thier legitimacy. Just saying that this list is based on fan misery/happiness and that being the case as much as I love my Steelers if they moved out of the Burgh I would be beyond pissed and I don't think I could forgive that! Hence my misery would overcast my happiness about the 5 rings!

atlsteelers
07-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Hammer of the Gods I agree with ya. just some good ole summer reading unitl the pads are strapped on in TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!

LambertIsGod58
07-17-2008, 01:19 PM
I'd say that Dallas being #2 is complete BS!!

xfl2001fan
07-17-2008, 05:07 PM
I'd say that Dallas being #2 is complete BS!!

Where would you rank them?

LambertIsGod58
07-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't know....but if they are #2, we should be closer than #8.

xfl2001fan
07-17-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't know....but if they are #2, we should be closer than #8.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with all of the rankings, but I'm curious as to where you feel your team fits in. Who do you drop down so that you can move up?

atlsteelers
07-18-2008, 09:57 AM
I think the steelers rank right up there with the packers and cowboys. I thought we should come in around 2 to 5. I can understand the packs at 1. we travel almost like a college team - with fans packing other stadiums. we have exceled in the superbowl era. overall - we have a franchise that other teams model them selfs off of.

xfl2001fan
07-18-2008, 10:36 AM
I think the steelers rank right up there with the packers and cowboys. I thought we should come in around 2 to 5. I can understand the packs at 1. we travel almost like a college team - with fans packing other stadiums. we have exceled in the superbowl era. overall - we have a franchise that other teams model them selfs off of.

If this encompassed just the SB era, you would easily get pushed much further up that list. However, it does cover everything pre-SB, which is where you get dropped at. Still, good logical argument.

steelreserve
07-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Those rankings seem to place entirely too much emphasis on how well a team played before there was electricity. They list half a dozen championships for the Packers that were from when football barely even counted as organized. No way are those meatheads #1.