PDA

View Full Version : Bnegals fight in locker room

figg
11-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Scuffle breaks out in Bengals locker room

By Mark Curnutte
Enquirer staff writer

The open locker room period for media at noon today at Paul Brown Stadium was punctuated by a physical altercation involving two Bengals players.

Defensive lineman Carl Powell picked up defensive back Reggie Myles and threw him down. The incident occurred in the equipment room, adjacent to the locker room, and touched off a 20-minute shouting match that spilled into the locker room and involved several other Bengals players.

The confrontation was believed to be the result of horse-play gone too far. Myles was restrained by teammates, including tight end Tony Stewart, the team?s union representative.

A couple of players, led by defensive end Justin Smith, rushed into the equipment room to break up Powell and Myles. Powell is a 278-pound seventh-year player. Myles weighs 195 pounds.

?This ain?t Chicago,? one player yelled in reference to the incident in which Bears offensive lineman Olin Kreutz punched teammate Fred Miller and broke Miller?s jaw.

Myles, clutching the face mask of a helmet, was led out of the equipment room by a small group of players that included defensive tackle Bryan Robinson and offensive linemen Willie Anderson, Levi Jones and Bobbie Williams.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said through the team?s media relations department that he had no comment on the incident and that it would be handled internally.

Myles broke away from the players and went back into the equipment room to pursue Powell. He again was led out by teammates.

Rookie linebacker Odell Thurman got into a shouting match with some of the veteran players who had led Myles out of the equipment room.

Linebackers coach Ricky Hunley entered the locker room and talked with Thurman and several other players.

Here is the audio http://media.putfile.com/FooFighters-KungFuFighting84 :busted:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-17-2005, 05:22 PM
you never hear of this happening in the steelers locker room

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2005, 05:28 PM
:iagree: :iagree:

Ambridge
11-17-2005, 06:11 PM
I'd be a pissed off player too if had to sit in a bright orange locker room all the time.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-17-2005, 06:28 PM
It doesn't happen in The Burgh for a few reasons:

Our players,for the most part,like each other

Cowher won't let it happen

Our orginization has class,something the Bengals are still learning

SteelR1
11-17-2005, 07:24 PM
They are starting to break down!!!!

SteelCityMan786
11-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Well the more the other 31 teams have divison the better. I hear NO REPORTS of fights in our locker room. I am proud to be a Steelers Fan!

Suitanim
11-17-2005, 07:58 PM
278 lbs vs 195 lbs?

Sounds fair...if you fight like a Browns/Bengals fan...

hmmmmmmmm
11-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Cmon two idiots dont speak for a team or an organization. The coach cant be around the players all the time now it would be shitty if the other players just let em keep going at it but they didnt. I havent heard about a fight in the Cowboys locker room so I guess........im proud to. YAY!!!!!

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-20-2005, 09:45 PM
I can understand that tempers do tend to flare up but as a professional athlete you just can't let this slip into the publics eye.