PDA

View Full Version : Day at The Beach

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-18-2008, 08:52 AM
I went to the beach yesterday and my bag was stolen. Inside the bad was my hearing aids (from military), glasses, i-pod, two palm cell phones, wallet.

I contaced the police and cancled my credit cards. By that time, using three different credit cards they charded over $1,400.00. The stores that they went to were Wal-Mart, Food Lion, Sports Zone, Radio Shack, We-R-Wireless. The survelience cameras at Wal-Mart have the guys using my credit card and the police now have the pictures.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Can anything be done to the stores that accepted credit cards withou ID? Most of the purchases were over $400.

revefsreleets
07-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Do you sign the back of your card, or write "Please See ID"?

Atlanta Dan
07-18-2008, 10:23 AM
My card was stolen once and the perp purchased $1500 of electronic surveillanace equipment.

Your liability is capped at $50 per card for pre-notification of theft losses (debit card cap requires notice within 2 days to trigger the cap on liability/credit card cap requires 30 day notice to trigger cap) ; my card company waived the $50 but that was back in the day before the U.S. financial system was in the dumpster

Sorry to hear your vacation ws disrupted by these creeps

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Do you sign the back of your card, or write "Please See ID"?

signt the back.....but they didnt check to see if it matched anything

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-18-2008, 10:45 AM
My card was stolen once and the perp purchased $1500 of electronic surveillanace equipment.

Your liability is capped at $50 per card for pre-notification of theft losses (debit card cap requires notice within 2 days to trigger the cap on liability/credit card cap requires 30 day notice to trigger cap) ; my card company waived the $50 but that was back in the day before the U.S. financial system was in the dumpster

Sorry to hear your vacation ws disrupted by these creeps

not vacation..........i live in salisbury maryland......its abour 25 min. from the beach....
i go there all the time...........

Great thing is............just found out the guys who took book bag line in salisbury too.

revefsreleets
07-18-2008, 10:52 AM
The whole "See ID" doesn't provide any kind of legal protection or anything, but I've noticed that about 75% of cashiers actually check and ask, so it offers some level of protection. The only place I've ever found that won't accept it is the Post Office.

stlrtruck
07-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Other than the robbery, how was OC?

I don't think the stores can be touched but depending on your CC provider, they may reimburse the purchases - then go after the thiefs. Hopefully your CC customer service will be able to help you.

Plus having the perps in custody may also help you get things reconciled!!!

KeiselPower99
07-18-2008, 12:15 PM
I just got back from my honeymoon in North Myrtle Beach and someone stole my hat and room key while I was at the beach. I know its not the same but it makes ya sick that people would do this kinda crap.

Hammer Of The GODS
07-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Great thing is............just found out the guys who took book bag line in salisbury too.

Hmm. Call me crazy, but money recooped or not I'm paying those douchebags a visit. This country is full of crime. But crimes commited against me or my family get my "personal" attention!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Other than the robbery, how was OC?

I don't think the stores can be touched but depending on your CC provider, they may reimburse the purchases - then go after the thiefs. Hopefully your CC customer service will be able to help you.

Plus having the perps in custody may also help you get things reconciled!!!

OC was nice........great weather.......water was warm:tt02:

stlrtruck
07-18-2008, 02:09 PM
OC was nice........great weather.......water was warm:tt02:

My family and I use to make trips out there every year for about 3-4 years when I was a kid.

Grew up on west of B-more hon, about 20 minutes west of Frederick.