PDA

View Full Version : Chasing History

X-Terminator
07-19-2008, 08:09 PM
30 more losses to the MLB record-tying 16th consecutive losing season.

LET'S GO BUCS!!!

Preacher
07-19-2008, 08:21 PM
25 more losses to the MLB record-tying 16th consecutive losing season.

LET'S GO BUCS!!!

:rofl:

Not much I can say.

My Mariners aren't doing much either!

X-Terminator
07-19-2008, 08:29 PM

Not much I can say.

Actually it's 30. I was looking at the Rockies' record on Gameday, and they have 57 losses, while the Pirates have 52, going on 53. Oh well, it doesn't really matter - the way things are going so far, they'll have loss #82 by mid-August.

And yes, you can say something, because at least the Mariners have had some good seasons in the past decade.

Preacher
07-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Actually it's 30. I was looking at the Rockies' record on Gameday, and they have 57 losses, while the Pirates have 52, going on 53. Oh well, it doesn't really matter - the way things are going so far, they'll have loss #82 by mid-August.

And yes, you can say something, because at least the Mariners have had some good seasons in the past decade.

Well.. not really,

We pulled a Patriot-sized stunt in 2001, winning 116 games, tying the league record with the 1906 White-sox....

then choked in the playoffs.

What is more amazing is that the next two years, we won over 90 games each year, and STILL missed the playoffs.

We got lucky last year with a winning season and a shot at the postseason, though we didn't make it, after 3 losing seasons. Seems we have another one now.

:banging:

X-Terminator
07-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Well.. not really,

We pulled a Patriot-sized stunt in 2001, winning 116 games, tying the league record with the 1906 White-sox....

then choked in the playoffs.

What is more amazing is that the next two years, we won over 90 games each year, and STILL missed the playoffs.

We got lucky last year with a winning season and a shot at the postseason, though we didn't make it, after 3 losing seasons. Seems we have another one now.

:banging:

That's still 4 more winning seasons than the Pirates have had.

I actually thought they'd make a run at .500 since they were only 6 games under going into the break, but they have proceeded to shit the bed right off the bat, against one of the worst teams in the NL. I shouldn't be surprised, because it's what Pirates fans gotten used to. I really wish someday they'll turn things around - they can't continue to suck forever.

Right?

Preacher
07-19-2008, 09:03 PM
That's still 4 more winning seasons than the Pirates have had.

I actually thought they'd make a run at .500 since they were only 6 games under going into the break, but they have proceeded to shit the bed right off the bat, against one of the worst teams in the NL. I shouldn't be surprised, because it's what Pirates fans gotten used to. I really wish someday they'll turn things around - they can't continue to suck forever.

Right?

Well, I am a Vancouver Canuck fan.

Talk about hoping against hope....

X-Terminator
07-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Well, I am a Vancouver Canuck fan.

Talk about hoping against hope....

Oy...I can feel your pain there :banging:

Well, at least you have Luongo and Hordichuk!

Preacher
07-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Oy...I can feel your pain there :banging:

Well, at least you have Luongo and Hordichuk!

I miss the days of the Russian Rocket !!

We almost had the cup against the Rangers. That was the BEST SC series in YEARS.

X-Terminator
07-21-2008, 04:14 AM
I miss the days of the Russian Rocket !!

We almost had the cup against the Rangers. That was the BEST SC series in YEARS.

I remember it well - was really rooting for the Canucks because I didn't want to see those dirty Rags win the Cup and end their curse.

BTW, the Pirates were swept by the Rockies, so now we're at 28 more to go. Seems pretty much a lock right now.

SteelCityMan786
07-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Pirates win 9-3 in Houston after scoring 7 RUNS in the Top of the 9th.

SteelCityMan786
07-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Pirates win again. 8-2 in Houston.

XT- they might have heard you.

billybob
07-22-2008, 09:50 PM

Not much I can say.

Most losses took the record from the Baltimore Orioles,Phillies!!!!!!!!!!

X-Terminator
07-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Pirates win again. 8-2 in Houston.

XT- they might have heard you.

Maybe, but the chances are still pretty good that they end up with another losing season, especially since they have more road games remaining than home games, and they're just 17-32 on the road.

SteelCityMan786
07-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Maybe, but the chances are still pretty good that they end up with another losing season, especially since they have more road games remaining than home games, and they're just 17-32 on the road.

If they manage to pull off some unexpected wins, maybe things will change. My only issue is the Pitching going to stand tall.