PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor to Redskins

The Duke
07-20-2008, 06:07 PM
first the skins lose two DE's for the rest of the year( Phillip Daniels) , now taylor finally leaves miami

After losing defensive end Phillip Daniels for the season, the Washington Redskins moved quickly to fill the void.

The Redskins acquired Jason Taylor from the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins will receive a second-round pick in 2009 and a sixth-rounder in 2010.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3497625

2nd and 6th, not bad, but he is 34....

CantStop85
07-20-2008, 06:12 PM
The Redskins certainly don't mind foregoing the draft to go after free agents or trades.

But ultimately a good deal...even without the injury to Daniels, JT would've been an upgrade. He's probably only got 2-3 years left, but he still plays at a high level and the Redskins want to win now.

Atlanta Dan
07-20-2008, 06:43 PM
And Parcells wanted to move Taylor - good move for both teams

JPPT1974
07-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, I wonder how he will do as he still has it in him.

SteelCityMan786
07-20-2008, 07:20 PM
The Redskins certainly don't mind foregoing the draft to go after free agents or trades.

But ultimately a good deal...even without the injury to Daniels, JT would've been an upgrade. He's probably only got 2-3 years left, but he still plays at a high level and the Redskins want to win now.

Snyder never likes to build through the draft anyway. :sofunny:

redst3
07-20-2008, 07:55 PM
NFL.com link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80967072&template=with-video&confirm=true

Steeler in Carolina
07-20-2008, 08:24 PM
It's amazing how it seems almost every time a big name gets traded, the Skins are involved.

Dawgbone
07-20-2008, 08:46 PM
I don't know how they think this is going to help them. He's 34 and will not be in the NFL much longer. He just wanted out of Miami because he's sick of the crap over there. Also, he wants a ring. I just don't know how he's going to get one being in Washington.

Good luck.

The Duke
07-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Also, he wants a ring. I just don't know how he's going to get one being in Washington.

not like he's gonna get one in cleveland :flap:

fansince'76
07-20-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't know how they think this is going to help them. He's 34 and will not be in the NFL much longer. He just wanted out of Miami because he's sick of the crap over there. Also, he wants a ring. I just don't know how he's going to get one being in Washington.

Good luck.

It wouldn't surprise me if Parcells orchestrated the trade to Washington for that very reason, being the petty and vindictive bastard that he is and has always been.

paw-n-maul-u
07-21-2008, 01:45 AM
This just makes that much more pressure on the offensive line this season. The amount of 10+ sack DE tandems we face is mounting.

Taylor/Carter

Ware/Ellis

Omenyora/ Tuck ... jesus ... that's just the NFC East

verks36
07-21-2008, 02:04 AM
personally i think the redskins got a steal but ya he will only play for 3 more years

Steelman16
07-21-2008, 02:45 AM
Well, if the Redskins just bought themselves a significant defensive upgrade, maybe they can live up to that final four for this year posted elsewhere on the boards.

All the dancing probably kept him in shape, so they won't have to worry about anything like Shaun Rogers. :chuckle:

I guess if the 'Skins want to win a big one within 3 or so years, Jason Taylor will be the gainer. If not, well, sucks for him. :wink02:

Galax Steeler
07-21-2008, 06:43 AM
I have to agree with verks at his age he will not be around much longer but he will contribute for about another couple of years.

revefsreleets
07-21-2008, 08:17 AM
As Jason Campbell goes, so go the Redskins. I have to admit, I thought he was going to be a bust out of Auburn, but this is a kid who definitely benefitted from sitting and watching for awhile.

While not ideal for Taylor, the Redskins are a helluva lot closer to a championship than the Fins.

missedgehead
07-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Well, when I read about those TC injuries, I figured Dan Snyder was going to make some sort of deal. We will have to see if this works out. At least Taylor is out of Miami. It will be more pressure on Joey Porter.

KeiselPower99
07-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Why didnt this just happen 3 months ago???? Dolphins are gonna be struggling again this year. Hope J-Pizzie lays better.

benfan7
07-21-2008, 12:24 PM
the skins always go deep into free agency and put a lot money into it...but without a lot results they were hoping...playoff wise. so the skins are at it again with the signing of jason taylor, and im thinking his impact will be felt but its not a guaranteed playoff appearance. its better than miami tho for taylor's case.

HometownGal
07-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Smart move by the Skins imho. They get a very good DE who can still run with the big dogs, even at the age of 34. He's got a couple of good seasons left - why not spend it with a team who has a much better chance of getting to the big game than the Fins do at this point?