PDA

View Full Version : Shockey Traded to the Saints

missedgehead
07-21-2008, 02:05 PM
They are just announcing on ESPN's Outside the Lines that Giants' TE Jeremy Shockey is being traded to the Saints for a 2nd and a 5th Round pick. For me as a Giants fan, this sucks. The guy was a pain in the ass and at times I was :banging: my head at some of the stuff he did. He was still a good TE. He was miserable so I guess it was better he is off the team.

HometownGal
07-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Good news for me! Drew Brees is my QB in several keeper leagues and Shockey will be a great target for him. :thumbsup::applaudit:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-21-2008, 02:10 PM
This is was best for all three parties.

Shockey: Gets out of New York where he didn't feel like he was particularly wanted.

Giants: Gets rid of a malcontent, and gets to move on with Boss who they feel is more of a team-first guy.

Saints: Get a playmaking TE, the one thing that was missing from the offense.

OneForTheToe
07-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Not a sh ... surprise there. Of course, unless he can play defense Idon't think he will make a big difference getting the Saints to the next level. Still, overall a good pick-up.

revefsreleets
07-21-2008, 02:30 PM
2 and 5? Wow! Add the Saints to this list:

Bengals
Raiders
Cowboys
Ravens

Dawgbone
07-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Not a sh ... surprise there. Of course, unless he can play defense Idon't think he will make a big difference getting the Saints to the next level. Still, overall a good pick-up.

I agree. But I do think he will be a good target for the Saints on offense. But they do need to get some defensive help if they want to be a playoff contender. More their secondary than anything.

Godfather
07-21-2008, 02:57 PM

I'm sure he's a better cover corner than Fred Thomas or Jason David.

Blitzburgh_Fever
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
The Saints just need a Bob Sanders or Troy...someone who is all over the field on defense. I strongly believe that what makes playing us (and teams with a roaming, athletic FS/SS/LB) is you can't get used to trusting your first impulse. Of course, every defense needs someone like Troy :tt:

KeiselPower99
07-21-2008, 04:58 PM
The offense will pick up now with Shockey involved. I was wondering though he is known as a parier and he is on his way to Bourbon St??? Hmmm.....

missedgehead
07-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah, it does make sense like you all are saying. Hopefully, it will work out for all parties. The Giants are not deep at TE though and that will hurt. IF TE Kevin Boss gets hurt, the team will suffer as we lost: Gibril WIlson and STrahan among others. :(

Steelman16
07-22-2008, 02:38 AM
Didn't the Saints already have an "explosive offense"?

Either way, it was a good trade for everyone.

Galax Steeler
07-22-2008, 03:58 AM
I just hope his happy there it just seems like the last couple of years he didn't won't to play in new york but the saints acted like they really wanted him.

redst3
07-22-2008, 04:24 AM
I think there are times when things are going on behind the scenes that fans don't know about. I thought, for example, the Steelers messed up when they traded Barry Foster to the Panthers, but they really took Carolina for a ride in that deal. None of us really know what was going on with Shockey. In time we may find out this guy was damaged goods and the Saints got a raw deal.

When a guy plays well, and sometimes exceptionally well, like TO or Randy Moss, etc….his play can make his mouth easy to deal with. Once he gets too big for his own good and his skills decline, he is sent packing.

Shockey was always an oddball. I remember reading about him once in a magazine article that said he used to literally force himself to eat dirt after his team would lose in College.

Dude…..

KeiselPower99
07-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Actually I hope the Giants stumble horribly this year. I cant stand Eli. Shockey and Strahan were the only players on that team I would love to have here.

PAMillerGrrl83
07-22-2008, 11:48 AM
I think this was a good move. I dont thiunk the Giants will do very good this season but I hope the best for them,.

steelreserve
07-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Good for Shockey. Now he and Reggie Bush can go be overrated together.

Elvis
07-23-2008, 05:49 AM
Overrated...:rofl:
Shockey when healthy is one of the top 3 or 4 TE's in the league guys. The guy plays with tremendous heart and plays hard on every play. Now, that being said, I dont like the way he whines and cries alot of times, but you cant say that the guy is not very talented.
Now, Bush.. he might have been a little overhyped but he is entering his 3rd season, so this may be the make or break year for him. This being said.. I think that the Saints are a better team with him and I look for big things for the Saints in '08 with or without him.
:coffee: