PDA

View Full Version : Carson Slams Ohio State

9-5
07-23-2008, 12:29 AM
"I don't watch what I say. I cannot stand the Buckeyes, and having to live in Ohio and hear those people talk about their team, it drives me absolutely nuts . . . It's amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and (Ohio State coach Jim) Tressel and all the crap I gotta put up with being back there. I just can't wait for two years from now when SC comes to the 'Shoe and I get to hopefully, hopefully we'll have a home game that weekend and I can go up there and watch us pound on them in their own turf and kind of put all the talk to rest. Because I'm really getting sick of it and I just can't wait for this game to get here so they can come out to the Coliseum and experience LA and get an old-fashioned Pac-10 butt-whoopin' and go back to the Big Ten . . . I can't wait.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/07/c...n-palmer-r.html (http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/07/carson-palmer-r.html)

Real smart Carson. Just blast the only school that matters in Ohio College Football. Not only that, you rip a team who plays a couple hours up I-71 from where you play. I hope you like getting booed at home.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preacher
07-23-2008, 01:16 AM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/07/c...n-palmer-r.html (http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/07/carson-palmer-r.html)

Real smart Carson. Just blast the only school that matters in Ohio College Football. Not only that, you rip a team who plays a couple hours up I-71 from where you play. I hope you like getting booed at home.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny...

I actually enjoyed reading that...

Pac-10-buttwhooping. I love it.

redst3
07-23-2008, 04:01 AM
Most of the people on the Bengals board didn’t seem too upset about it and chalked it up to harmless smack talk.

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=18247

Aussie_steeler
07-23-2008, 04:48 AM
It appears Carson now loves Buckeye fans

http://deadspin.com/5027780/carson-palmer-loves-ohio-state-fans-now

In a statement, Palmer said, "I'm a Trojan all the way, and I was talking to a Trojan audience in California. I guess I got a little fired up, as all good fans will do. But I really do respect the Buckeyes, and I know their fans are passionate, too.

"I hope they all understand I'm just looking forward to a big game for my school against a very tough opponent, and that it's all in the good fun of a rivalry. You don't have a real rivalry unless both sides are great teams."

Politician in the making??? But what I really love is another quote found on the deadspin website. It would not be out of place in Tony's 1492 thread.

So now everyone who appreciated Palmer calling out Ohio State fans is pissed and every Ohio State fan still hates Palmer. Well played. In other news Carson Palmer also likes babies, hopscotch, cornhole, Cincinnati race relations, and the cadaver whose ACL he models.

Elvis
07-23-2008, 05:40 AM
Buckeyes Suck... Trojans Suck...
So what is the big deal?..:applaudit:
:chuckle:

stillers4me
07-23-2008, 05:44 AM
Now he knows how I feel.

tony hipchest
07-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Politician in the making??? But what I really love is another quote found on the deadspin website. It would not be out of place in Tony's 1492 thread.

So now everyone who appreciated Palmer calling out Ohio State fans is pissed and every Ohio State fan still hates Palmer. Well played. In other news Carson Palmer also likes babies, hopscotch, cornhole, Cincinnati race relations, and the cadaver whose ACL he models.
:sofunny:

lol. even cadavers and new born babies think the bungles suck.

carson is a big baby and needs to lose all the hate and grow up. or atleast forget about college ball and worry about the nfl. he acts as if hes still lobbying for a heisman trophy.

X-Terminator
07-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Way to bite the hand that feeds you, Caution! :applaudit::rofl:

HometownGal
07-23-2008, 09:20 AM
The only thing Carson is good at slamming is that weenie into his big yap.

http://www.talkingnfl.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/carsondog.jpg

rbryan
07-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Being a Penn State alum its pretty much in my DNA to hate everything Ohio State, but CP needs to STFU, what a clown. Why wouldn't OS fans think thier team is pretty good?? That game will be one of the few times I'll be pulling for Ohio State.

BTW when is the NCAA going to take a closer look at USC??Any program with that much talent can't possibly be on the up and up. You think Reggie Bush was the only pro at USC??

tony hipchest
07-23-2008, 09:37 AM

:banana:

another year, another carson faux pas.

it never gets old with this clown. :party:

next thing you know, he'll be telling us what great teammates chad and henry are....

oh wait :doh:

fansince'76
07-23-2008, 09:45 AM

http://www.talkingnfl.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/carsondog.jpg

I hope he got paid a LOT for that ad, because he's NEVER going to live it down. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

millwalldavey
07-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Even as a Michigan fan, I'd never slam OSU.

Typical Bungles.

Edman
07-23-2008, 10:29 AM
No Chad? No T.J? No problem.

Cartoon Palmer fits in just fine with that big talking do nothing team of his. Last year he said the Bengals are the team to beat in the North, this year his smack on the Steelers didn't work so picked on the Browns, now this.

missedgehead
07-23-2008, 10:32 AM
What is it about Cincinnati race relations and Palmer? I didn't get that reference. Can someone please explain.

Of course, Carson had to make another faux pas, even though I am not an Ohio State person. Big Ben said that they wanted him to play TE or something about that when he talked to them when he was in high school , they would not promise he would play QB so I am not a fan of theirs either.

xfl2001fan
07-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Even as a Michigan fan, I'd never slam OSU.

Typical Bungles.

As an OSU fan, I don't dis Michigan (much, though Appalachian state was bad) and I don't dis Penn State. They are rivals (to me) only when we play. But I was rooting for Michigan in their Bowl game and will always root Big 10 in their bowl games. There's only 1 guaranteed game a year that I won't vote for specific Big 10 teams, and that's the game that OSU is playing them.

*sigh* OSU needs to figure out how to beat the SEC now.

St33lersguy
07-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Way to show some class you stupid, overrated, piece of crap clown. Wonder what this yapping baffoon says next.

CantStop85
07-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Who doesn't hate Ohio State?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Big D
07-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Who doesn't hate Ohio State?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

i'm very proud to say I hate ohio state. Most overrated team in the country. Put them in the sec and they would get pounded. I have a new respect for ol' rosie palmer

RoethlisBURGHer
07-23-2008, 06:57 PM
First off, Carson should turn that brain (he has one, right?) on and realize that when you live in Ohio, you're going to hear a lot of Ohio State fans. Why? Because they are the big-time program in the state, and most of the state's residents are fans of that team.

Now he's backpeddling faster than Lance Armstrong could ever do...with his "I didn't mean it, I was talking to an SC crowd and got fired up" garbage.

If Carson doesn't like it, them lobby for a trade to Pac-10 Country where you'll hear more USC love.

MDSteel15
07-23-2008, 09:30 PM
*sigh* OSU needs to figure out how to beat the SEC now.

Ask Michigan??? :tt03: :rofl:

MDSteel15
07-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Just to let Carson know, he LOST to Ohio State in the only game he played against them. Way to go Bunghole.... And I hate OSU!!!

missedgehead
07-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Carson LOST to Ohio State. LOL That is hilarious. :)

CantStop85
07-23-2008, 09:58 PM

Michigan's still trying to figure out how to beat those 1-AA teams. :chuckle:

9-5
07-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Michigan's still trying to figure out how to beat those 1-AA teams. :chuckle:
:rofl::rofl:

4 straight and 6 of 7 since Sweater Vest showed up! Cant beat the Buckeyes either!

Now only if we could beat the SEC......

revefsreleets
07-24-2008, 09:06 AM
A) Anyone think Ben would ever rip PSU?
B) "Pac 10 butt whoopin'" Like the one they laid on The Cardinal last year? At HOME!
C) Cinci fans are the only one's in the NFL that would apologize for this dude.

St33lersguy
07-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Just to let Carson know, he LOST to Ohio State in the only game he played against them. Way to go Bunghole

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Havik
08-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Carson is jealous because the Bungles are a bunch of misfits and most of their fans are arrogant second class citizens. We all know the best team in Ohio plays on Saturdays.

warddj86
08-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Carson is jealous because the Bungles are a bunch of misfits and most of their fans are arrogant second class citizens. We all know the best team in Ohio plays on Saturdays.

AMEN!!

I am an Ohio State fan on Saturdays,

I am a Steelers fan on M,T,W,Th,F,Sa,S

SteelCityMan786
08-06-2008, 07:39 PM

They could ask Michigan and Penn State. I think the last time both of those teams played SEC schools, they won.

(Not to mention Michigan also BEAT FLORIDA)

Dino 6 Rings
08-07-2008, 08:55 AM
I think Carson didn't say anything wrong. College Rivalries and the College game is completely different than the Pro. He was talking to the Buckeye fans, about the games on Saturday. Rooting for his USC Team against the Bucks. It shows me he loves the game of football and "gets it" when it comes to the college game vs the pro. The Buckeyes fans that were bengals fans shouldn't care, they should love that their qb loves the game. However, in my experience, many of the Buckeye fans aren't Pro fans first. They are Buckeye fans first and foremost. So the Bengal QB shooting off his mouth means nothing. The Former USC QB shooting off his mouth, means everything!

revefsreleets
08-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Only problem I have with it is NO USC fan should be shooting off his mouth about anything after having suffered the worst upset in the history of college football last year to the Cardinal. They should be hiding in their basements for the next 5 years lamenting that loss.

CantStop85
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
the worst upset in the history of college football last year to the Cardinal.

Michigan vs. Appalachian State ring a bell?

revefsreleets
08-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Appy State could beat 30-40 D-1 teams. The Cardinal couldn't. They were about the 115th worst team in the country last year.

Atlanta Dan
08-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Not to worry - Peter King still loves Carson

Not sure if the team with the best quarterback in the division is automatically favored. Carson Palmer's the best in the AFC North, and the Bengals are the third- or fourth-best team in that division

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/08/12/mail/index.html

Critics used to be able to say Carson at least had a higher rating and more TD passes than Ben, but after last season even that argument went into the dumpster - as I have been posting for some time, the mancrush some writers have on Palmer escapes me - 1 playoff appearance in 5 season and an inability to get a team full of head cases to shape up is not exactly getting on the fast track to Canton

Once a sportswriter decides which of two players is "better" you will never see them back off - of course King is on record as saying if he had to start a team he would draft Palmer over any other player (including Brady or P. Manning) in the league

millwalldavey
08-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Appy State could beat 30-40 D-1 teams. The Cardinal couldn't. They were about the 115th worst team in the country last year.

Amen. The didnt win 3 NC's because they have a bad team.

Dino 6 Rings
08-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Appy State vs LSU this year. First time two defending National Champs play each other in a regular season game. Should be interesting.

As for Palmer, I'm Still Waiting to be Impressed by this guy. Don't you have to kind of compete at a playoff level before you are considered "great". Or does one playoff pass and having your leg exploded automatically qualify you for being over hyped?

Just wondering.

STEELtownHAVOX
08-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Ohio States chances of winning just got slightly better over the weekend. I'm not sure the extent of the injury but I saw USC's QB Mark Sanchez injured his knee. Hopefully he'll be alright, because I want to see those two schools duke it out a 100% healthy.

Dino 6 Rings
08-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I don't think the USC vs OSU game is going to or was at any point going to be a very high scoring game. They both have monster defenses and that is where this game will be won. The winner is on the fast track to the national title game, against, in my bold prediction, a Big 12 team, the winner of Oklahoma vs Texas.

revefsreleets
08-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Yup, NO EXCUSES out of LA. Want them 100% as well. I saw firsthand the excuses coming from the Trojan faithful when a couple injuries occured last year, and I don't want to hear any of that.

UK CANDY BEE
08-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Maybe Palmer ought to be more concerned with a more local opponent for USC ??

I saw a bit.... on ESPN I think..... last week, where Rick Neuheisel of UCLA basically called out the Trojans !!

Seems like every time SC takes the Bruins lightly, UCLA beats them !!

Fear not, Ohio State fans, this year, the Buckeyes FINALLY get over the hump vs the SEC, but it will be against Georgia............. assuming the whole Bulldogs team doesn't get suspended for being idiots off campus !!!

Dino 6 Rings
08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
I think it'll be the Winner of OSU/USC vs the Winner of Oklahoma/Texas.

SEC will be on the outside looking with too many losses, including out of conference losses to "lesser" opponents.

revefsreleets
08-14-2008, 08:28 AM
If it's Georgia, it'll be at least a one loss Georgia.

CantStop85
08-14-2008, 11:24 AM
If it's Georgia, it'll be at least a one loss Georgia.

If they're from the SEC, I still find it hard to count out Florida.

Dino 6 Rings
08-14-2008, 12:20 PM
If they're from the SEC, I still find it hard to count out Florida.

Didn't Florida just have its 5th kid go down with an ACL tear already this off season? They are a program in trouble if they can't keep kids healthy. That offense can't win alone and requires a great defense to keep them in games.

Just watch the Michigan Florida game last year for a review.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Funny...

I actually enjoyed reading that...

Pac-10-buttwhooping. I love it.

:rofl: I guess you guys read Chinese newspapers to get your information on the US Olymipic team too.

The PAC-10 buttwhooping that Michigan and Illinois put on Oregon and USC last season happened only in the minds of the Chinese.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Maybe Palmer ought to be more concerned with a more local opponent for USC ??

I saw a bit.... on ESPN I think..... last week, where Rick Neuheisel of UCLA basically called out the Trojans !!

Seems like every time SC takes the Bruins lightly, UCLA beats them !!

Fear not, Ohio State fans, this year, the Buckeyes FINALLY get over the hump vs the SEC, but it will be against Georgia............. assuming the whole Bulldogs team doesn't get suspended for being idiots off campus !!!

Rick Neuheisel? :flap: Rick Neuheisel ? :toofunny:

Anytime you go against a huge annual rival anything can happen as witnessed last season when the Buckeyes got destroyed by - was it Syracuse or Illinois - the guys in hideous orange uniforms. How many points did you guys give up in the BCS game?

revefsreleets
08-18-2008, 05:06 PM
THE GAME looms large. In your house. I know, I know, if the Trojans lose, it'll be due to injury or tsunamis, or the refs, or alien conspiracies or, well, whatever...point is, the game is coming up. We ain't Illinois, and we certainly aren't the mighty Stanford Cardinal.

Oh, wait....