PDA

View Full Version : Yay or Nay??

pit5xsbc
07-23-2008, 01:48 AM
Its your standard live draft,H2H,10 teams...I picked 9th.

Quarterbacks
Peyton Manning,IND
Philip Rivers,SD

Running Backs
Marshawn Lynch,BUF
Edgerrin James,ARZ
Chris Brown,HOU
Kenny Watson,CIN

Wide Recievers
Torry Holt,STL
Calvin Johnson,DET
Santonio Holmes,PIT
Lee Evans,BUF
Anthony Gonzalez,IND

Tight Ends
Jason Witten,DAL
Alge Crumpler,TEN

D/ST
Pittsburgh Steelers

Kicker
Nate Kaeding,SD

Im not too happy with my RB situation...I got some trade bait with my TE's and WR's though.Criticism Welcomed :chuckle:

CantStop85
07-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Not bad for the most part...but yeah, RB's are real weak.

Definitely want to keep your eyes open for opportunities to upgrade there.

revefsreleets
07-24-2008, 09:30 AM
You're looking pretty good, especially at WR. RB isn't great, but it ain't awful. At least Edge and Lynch are pretty much full-time backs, although Edge's best days are behind him. Brown and Watson are definite split-time dudes. If this is a RB heavy league, you'll need a little more depth, but maybe you'll get lucky with a nice sleepr FA pick-up out of preseason...otherwise you'll be shopping WR's which will hurt you overall.

HometownGal
07-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Overall, not too bad. :thumbsup: As has been stated above, you are a little sparse at RB, but other than that, you have a pretty decent team. Looks like you picked Manning first - just a word of advice from someone who has been in eons of FFL's for the last 10 years - NEVER pick a QB first. Fill your stable with solid RB's and WR's first, as they will get you the most points. Just my one cent. :drink:

The Duke
07-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Looks like you picked Manning first - just a word of advice from someone who has been in eons of FFL's for the last 10 years - NEVER pick a QB first. Fill your stable with solid RB's and WR's first, as they will get you the most points. Just my one cent. :drink:

well, except if it's brady last year. he single handedly won me about two leagues last year

hey, at least he's good for something :flap:

got him with my 1st pick both times, but his numbers of last season probably won't happen again, so yeah, stockpiling runningbacks is the best way to go :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
I've used both strategies with success, but overall it's a more solid option to pick a QB in the 4th-5th. Manning and Brady (if the year is right) are the only two QB's that are a viable exception. It would be a trip if Ben had that kind of year this year...

HometownGal
07-24-2008, 12:59 PM
I've used both strategies with success, but overall it's a more solid option to pick a QB in the 4th-5th. Manning and Brady (if the year is right) are the only two QB's that are a viable exception. It would be a trip if Ben had that kind of year this year...

I got burned BIG TIME selecting a QB first my first two seasons of playing. I had shit for RB's but did end up with a decent couple of WR's. I still wouldn't choose Manning or Brady if I had a shot at them in the first round. I've been pretty successful with my strategy of RB-WR-RB-WR-QB-D-TE, etc. for the last 8 years or so. I get a decent QB and some top-notch RB's and WR's. :thumbsup: Can you believe it - we had a guy in one of my leagues last season who chose a TE (Antonio Gates) and he had the first pick?

43Hitman
07-24-2008, 04:27 PM
I got burned BIG TIME selecting a QB first my first two seasons of playing. I had shit for RB's but did end up with a decent couple of WR's. I still wouldn't choose Manning or Brady if I had a shot at them in the first round. I've been pretty successful with my strategy of RB-WR-RB-WR-QB-D-TE, etc. for the last 8 years or so. I get a decent QB and some top-notch RB's and WR's. :thumbsup: Can you believe it - we had a guy in one of my leagues last season who chose a TE (Antonio Gates) and he had the first pick?

I saw that in a couple of my leagues last year as well. I just sat back in my chair and smiled, as the fantasy football gods smiled on me.:chuckle:

HometownGal
07-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I saw that in a couple of my leagues last year as well. I just sat back in my chair and smiled, as the fantasy football gods smiled on me.:chuckle:

Yeppers. I picked 8th in that league and ended up with Addai and Westbrook in the first 2 rounds. :thumbsup:

Good luck this season Hitman! :drink:

LambertIsGod58
07-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Great team...other than your RB situation. Being Lynch is the only solid performer if you're lucky. How did you pick position wise in the first three rounds? Looks like you went QB 1st?

revefsreleets
07-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Edge didn't have a horrible year last year...1222 3.8 avg and 7 TD's ain't horrible. His receptions were down a little which hurt. He's a solid #2 RB considering that he had 348 touches last year. But that tank is running low...

43Hitman
07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Yeppers. I picked 8th in that league and ended up with Addai and Westbrook in the first 2 rounds. :thumbsup:

Good luck this season Hitman! :drink:

Thanks, you too!. :drink: