PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Declared #1 Football Town

soniczilla
11-18-2005, 09:56 AM
I was just listening to Mike & Mike in the Morning and they had a segment about the best football town in America and Pittsburgh came up #1.

I posted full details at my site (http://www.steelerblog.com), but the gist of it is that over 2/3 of the city's televisions are switched to the Steelers, which is an astronomical amount.

I.C. Lights
11-18-2005, 12:12 PM
So true... If you look at Pittsburgh during a Steeler's game, everyone and his grandma is decked out in Steelers gear and fired up. Here in Philly, it's not nearly as intense and I can say the same for New York and Chicago too. I guess it helps that Pittsburgh's got the best team to root for. Go Steelers!

AvoidLLoyd95
11-18-2005, 01:15 PM
The one thing that bugs me about Heinz field is that it always looks like noone is there after half time. All you can see is yellow seats. I know everyone is on the platforms and all but I just think it makes the fans look nonexistant for the first few minutes of the second half.

SteelrsRck
11-18-2005, 02:21 PM
i just moved out here to Sacramento,Ca and was surprised to see alot of steeler license plates,bars etc etc

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Hell 2/3 of the nations TV's are probably turned to Steelers games on the NFL Network.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Damn straight.. Pittsburgh is an NFL town thru and thru.. win lose or draw.... we always sell out!!

SteelerFanInATL
11-18-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm not suprised, but is nice that we are reconized as the #1 footfball city in the NFL. What do you expect from a team that has as much fan support on the road that we do. Every sunday here in Atlanta I have on my Steeler gear before, during, and after the game and I always have someone make some type of compliment. Steeler fans are everywhere and it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-18-2005, 05:14 PM
I was just listening to Mike & Mike in the Morning and they had a segment about the best football town in America and Pittsburgh came up #1.

I posted full details at my site (http://www.steelerblog.com), but the gist of it is that over 2/3 of the city's televisions are switched to the Steelers, which is an astronomical amount.
Good article and nice site. Can't say that its a suprise though. Football and especially the Steelers are akin to a religion in Western PA.

Suitanim
11-18-2005, 07:57 PM
That's pretty tangible proof for what we've all known all along, and some other teams fan's have had trouble comprehending...

BB2W
11-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks Sonic, man I am glad you posted this. I was listening to them build up to it all mourning and right when they were about to reveal what team... my boss pulled up and I had to go back to work. I thought it was gonna be Pittsburgh. :cool:

This is a good way of determing who is #1. :smile:

soniczilla
11-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks Sonic, man I am glad you posted this. I was listening to them build up to it all mourning and right when they were about to reveal what team... my boss pulled up and I had to go back to work. I thought it was gonna be Pittsburgh. :cool:

This is a good way of determing who is #1. :smile:

Haha, I was at work listening to the streaming broadcast. I heard my boss coming down the hall right as they came back from commercial and I was like, "Damnit.." but luckily he stopped off in another office.

Greenie had Golic trying to guess and he had 'em all but two. Even with the hint that it was a cold-city team, he couldn't figure out Pittsburgh. Then at the end he claimed that he thought he already said 'em but I know the truth.

Stlrs4Life
11-20-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm sure Green Bay is awfully close. That town shuts down when the Packers are playing.

clevestinks
11-20-2005, 07:02 AM
I read that 48% of the NFL viewers watch the Steelers weekly, thats just an incredible number!

I think we all knew already!