PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports has Browns ahead of Steelers.

Kvnfaber
07-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Unbelievable.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8366366/Super-Bowl-foes-top-offseason-Power-Rankings

We beat these scrubs 9 times in a row, and based on offseason moves which are totally unproven, the Brownies get a higher ranking than us.

I know they are good team, but where is the respect for us?

Just more incentive to kick the living tar out of them in week 2. My desk at work is surrounded by 2 Browns fans in an open room, and I hear about it all the time too. Please for Sanity's sake, kill the Browns this year Steelers!!!!

The Duke
07-23-2008, 01:16 PM
cool!

put us at 32 for all I care

by week 10 all this predictions will be laughable. "the browns at 8th!, what were we thinking??"

let them reach the playoffs first, or at the very least beat the steelers once before declaring them better. neither will happen in 2008

SteelMember
07-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Maybe alphabetically.:coffee:

Kvnfaber
07-23-2008, 01:32 PM
cool!

put us at 32 for all I care

by week 10 all this predictions will be laughable. "the browns at 8th!, what were we thinking??"

let them reach the playoffs first, or at the very least beat the steelers once before declaring them better. neither will happen in 2008

The Steelers have always seemed to play better as underdogs (atleast lately), so I don't mind really, its just the respect factor that pisses me off.

BlastFurnace
07-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Fine by me. Let the Browns be the pre-season champions.

It really doesn't matter what the experts think.

msafford
07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Browns '07/'08 = Saints '06/'07

IMHO of course.

LambertIsGod58
07-23-2008, 01:56 PM
I think schedule may have something to do with those rankings....We have one of the toughest in the league this year.

paw-n-maul-u
07-23-2008, 02:02 PM
ive read a couple guys say our schedule was the toughest ever. I mean that is one ridiculous schedule.

Oh well, it's just some stupid fool's power ranking. SOMEONE had to get clev. a little love. Throw the dogs a bone every once in awhile ... literally.

wait what am I talking about ... browns suck!!!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Sounds like ya'll are scared that the Browns caught up.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-23-2008, 02:35 PM
8 — Cleveland: Everyone's going ga-ga over Cleveland this summer, and with good reason. The Browns, despite missing the postseason, were the surprise of the 2007 season, winning 10 games -- about six more than anyone expected. Over the off-season, they beefed up their defensive line with Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams, and scooped up a first-round talent at linebacker in UNLV's Beau Bell on the draft's second day. Donte Stallworth adds even more big-play ability on an already sizzling offense. The catch? That schedule. It's a nightmare. Anything less than a postseason berth will be a disappointment in Cleveland this season.

In Detroit, Shaun Rogers couldn't pass up a buffet table he didn't like. He couldn't keep focused and took plays off while on the field of play. Nothing at this moment points to him being any more of a major factor in Cleveland than he ever was in Detroit.

Corey Williams however I think was a good pickup.

The thing with these two is that they have never played in a 3-4 system before and neither could end up being a good fit. If they can't work within the system then the trades were pointless and din't help the defense at all.

If Beau Bell was such first round talent, why was he not chosen until round four? A first round talent can slip to the second round (Limas Sweed)...but first round talent doesn't slip to the fourth round.

And as for Donte Stallworth, he's one injury away from missing huge chunks of the season. And when he is healthy, he often seems to dissapear in the really big games. If he was as much of a threat as Browns fans think he is, then the Eagles would have resigned him and the Patriots wouldn't have let him walk.

Also, the last time there were playoff expectations for the Browns (2003 season I think it was), the crumbled under the pressure. This is the first time a majority of the team has true pressure to make the playoffs on them. Last year they surprised everyone...but now everyone has tape on Anderson and the rest of the team. They won't surprise anyone this year.

Anderson couldn't handle the pressure last year, I don't think he handles it this year either. I expect the Brady Quinn era to start around week six.

And their schedule isn't much easier than ours. Lets see them succeed on a second place schedule instead of a last place one.

9 — Pittsburgh: Big Ben got big money this off-season, but he also lost his steadiest protector, Alan Faneca. In a seven-week span starting in late October, Pittsburgh takes on the Super Bowl champion Giants, the NFC wild-card qualifying Redskins, the AFC South champion Colts, the AFC West champion Chargers, the rival Bengals, the AFC champion Patriots, and the NFC East champion Cowboys. All in a row. It's the toughest schedule in the league, and arguably the toughest I've ever seen. Pittsburgh's good, but I'm not sure they're good enough to survive that slate. They'll battle Cleveland for the AFC North title this season. It won't be easy.

Alan Faneca was on the decline, a large reason why he was allowed to walk away. The Steelers know what they are doing when they let veterans walk away. With someone who won't be buggywhipped at the center position on the offensive line, we should be able to protect Ben Roethlisberger better.

Giants: How well will Manning be playing? How will that defense be doing with the free agent losses they sustained? Will Boss be the playmaker that Shockey was?

Redskins: They went on a tear after the unfortanate death of Sean Taylor. But they didn't look all that great in their playoff loss. Who will be playing QB for them? Will they feel the effects of no longer having Taylor in the backfield? Will Jason Taylor still be a pash-rushing force?

Colts: Pressure Manning. 'Nuff said. We've beaten this team when they were overall better than they are now. Harrison is on his last leg (no pun intended) not to mention legal troubles over his gun being used in a shooting outside his own bar. Their two best defensive players will miss all of TC, and may not be 100% for the season opener. And Manning isn't even 100% healthy and will probally miss a lot of TC.

Chargers: Very good team, not really any questions. Just how will the injured knees of LT and Rivers hold up and will Gates be able to get back to normal after toe surgery.

Bengals: They don't scare me. No defense and a very one-dimensional offense. Chad Johnson never shows up for the Steelers, so as long as we can keep TJ from doing anything big it's an easy win.

Patriots: The Giants wrote the book on stopping their offense, pressure Brady...he ain't that good when he's consitantly got someone in his face and the refs aren't coddling him like a 6 month old baby. They lost both starting CB's from last year and that defense isn't getting much younger with the exeption of Mayo.

Cowboys: Will Jones be reinstated...and if so will be be suspended again by this game? The Cowboys are a regular season juggernaut...but they don't scare me. Late in the season Romo starts to make more mistakes...this might be the start of those mistakes he gets prone to making.

We could go anywhere from 0-7 in this stretch to 7-0. Every team they listed has at least one question mark.

Big D
07-23-2008, 02:56 PM
where to begin... FIrst of all I think derek anderson will fall flat on his face this year and at some point in time you will see the browns new golden boy brady quinn get in. Also how much faith can you put in jamal lewis alot of miles on those legs. And they have no secondary. And they have humpty dumpty as there head coach. Crennell is good to lose them at least 3 games. Browns record at the end of the year.... 4-12 take that to your bookie

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
In Detroit, Shaun Rogers couldn't pass up a buffet table he didn't like. He couldn't keep focused and took plays off while on the field of play. Nothing at this moment points to him being any more of a major factor in Cleveland than he ever was in Detroit.

Corey Williams however I think was a good pickup.

The thing with these two is that they have never played in a 3-4 system before and neither could end up being a good fit. If they can't work within the system then the trades were pointless and din't help the defense at all.

If Beau Bell was such first round talent, why was he not chosen until round four? A first round talent can slip to the second round (Limas Sweed)...but first round talent doesn't slip to the fourth round.

And as for Donte Stallworth, he's one injury away from missing huge chunks of the season. And when he is healthy, he often seems to dissapear in the really big games. If he was as much of a threat as Browns fans think he is, then the Eagles would have resigned him and the Patriots wouldn't have let him walk.

Also, the last time there were playoff expectations for the Browns (2003 season I think it was), the crumbled under the pressure. This is the first time a majority of the team has true pressure to make the playoffs on them. Last year they surprised everyone...but now everyone has tape on Anderson and the rest of the team. They won't surprise anyone this year.

Anderson couldn't handle the pressure last year, I don't think he handles it this year either. I expect the Brady Quinn era to start around week six.

And their schedule isn't much easier than ours. Lets see them succeed on a second place schedule instead of a last place one.

Alan Faneca was on the decline, a large reason why he was allowed to walk away. The Steelers know what they are doing when they let veterans walk away. With someone who won't be buggywhipped at the center position on the offensive line, we should be able to protect Ben Roethlisberger better.

Giants: How well will Manning be playing? How will that defense be doing with the free agent losses they sustained? Will Boss be the playmaker that Shockey was?

Redskins: They went on a tear after the unfortanate death of Sean Taylor. But they didn't look all that great in their playoff loss. Who will be playing QB for them? Will they feel the effects of no longer having Taylor in the backfield? Will Jason Taylor still be a pash-rushing force?

Colts: Pressure Manning. 'Nuff said. We've beaten this team when they were overall better than they are now. Harrison is on his last leg (no pun intended) not to mention legal troubles over his gun being used in a shooting outside his own bar. Their two best defensive players will miss all of TC, and may not be 100% for the season opener. And Manning isn't even 100% healthy and will probally miss a lot of TC.

Chargers: Very good team, not really any questions. Just how will the injured knees of LT and Rivers hold up and will Gates be able to get back to normal after toe surgery.

Bengals: They don't scare me. No defense and a very one-dimensional offense. Chad Johnson never shows up for the Steelers, so as long as we can keep TJ from doing anything big it's an easy win.

Patriots: The Giants wrote the book on stopping their offense, pressure Brady...he ain't that good when he's consitantly got someone in his face and the refs aren't coddling him like a 6 month old baby. They lost both starting CB's from last year and that defense isn't getting much younger with the exeption of Mayo.

Cowboys: Will Jones be reinstated...and if so will be be suspended again by this game? The Cowboys are a regular season juggernaut...but they don't scare me. Late in the season Romo starts to make more mistakes...this might be the start of those mistakes he gets prone to making.

We could go anywhere from 0-7 in this stretch to 7-0. Every team they listed has at least one question mark.

Good points made bro.

As far as Bell..The word on the street is..He would've been 2-3rd round talent if not for an injury in the Senior Bowl..that made his stock go down.

As far as Rogers..Word is he's more focused and happy to be on a contender. And Again, Being a fat Nose-Tackle is sorta what we're looking for. ;)

Thats a very good point about Anderson..folks were not used to seeing him in the league, and thus we we're able to use that to our advantage.I wouldn't mind seeing the Quinn era start a bit early..but him riding the bench another year..wouldn't hurt.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
where to begin... FIrst of all I think derek anderson will fall flat on his face this year and at some point in time you will see the browns new golden boy brady quinn get in. Also how much faith can you put in jamal lewis alot of miles on those legs. And they have no secondary. And they have humpty dumpty as there head coach. Crennell is good to lose them at least 3 games. Browns record at the end of the year.... 4-12 take that to your bookie

Nope.

8-8, 7-9 at the worst. 4-12 is a record if we had a horrible o-line. I do see the 8-8, 7-9ish record happening IF DA falls flat on his face, and the Quinn era begins. But I don't see it going very bad.

If we do go 4-12, you do realize it will be either Chud. or Cowher as the next head coach. :)

RoethlisBURGHer
07-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Good points made bro.

As far as Bell..The word on the street is..He would've been 2-3rd round talent if not for an injury in the Senior Bowl..that made his stock go down.

As far as Rogers..Word is he's more focused and happy to be on a contender. And Again, Being a fat Nose-Tackle is sorta what we're looking for. ;)

Thats a very good point about Anderson..folks were not used to seeing him in the league, and thus we we're able to use that to our advantage.I wouldn't mind seeing the Quinn era start a bit early..but him riding the bench another year..wouldn't hurt.

We got a big 'ol fat NT and he's considered top-2 (Hampton and the NT in San Diego) 3-4 NT in the league. And yes, Rogers is happy right now. But if the Browns start out 0-2, his happiness could turn into not caring quickly.

An injury in the Senior Bowl made his stock go down from day 1 to day 2. I am not really buying that, because the injury wasn't so significant that it would have caused that to happen. But hey, he could end up being an excellent ILB for you guys.

You should hear the Anderson hype or hate, depending on who you talk to. Me, I personally think he's a one year wonder who's gonna fail big this year. This isn't even my hate for the Browns, just me belief that he's not as good as he looked early last year...he's as good as he looked in the Bengals game at Cinci and the Bills game.

xfl2001fan
07-23-2008, 03:11 PM

Every team in the NFL has at least one question mark. Regardless of how good (or bad) the Steelers O-line is, that's still one hell of a schedule you guys face. That's a very tough stretch and it's not like it gets a whole lot easier after that.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 03:18 PM
We got a big 'ol fat NT and he's considered top-2 (Hampton and the NT in San Diego) 3-4 NT in the league. And yes, Rogers is happy right now. But if the Browns start out 0-2, his happiness could turn into not caring quickly.

An injury in the Senior Bowl made his stock go down from day 1 to day 2. I am not really buying that, because the injury wasn't so significant that it would have caused that to happen. But hey, he could end up being an excellent ILB for you guys.

You should hear the Anderson hype or hate, depending on who you talk to. Me, I personally think he's a one year wonder who's gonna fail big this year. This isn't even my hate for the Browns, just me belief that he's not as good as he looked early last year...he's as good as he looked in the Bengals game at Cinci and the Bills game.

DA=Tommy Maddox. :). I too agree on that. But I'm a sucker for Phil Savages program..so until he doesn't do well..I'll support him. :). But BQ I think will be pretty damn good for us.

missedgehead
07-23-2008, 03:21 PM
I think the Browns are just a one hit wonder. As for our schedule, it is still tough. We are not facing a cupcake schedule like we had last year.

fansince'76
07-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Hope this doesn't hurt our BCS bid. :coffee:

paw-n-maul-u
07-23-2008, 03:23 PM
WHO THE EFF POSTED THIS!?!?!?

now that I think about it, didn't this post come one day after we were all furiously standing by the point that "we don't care about the browns"? now the thread that has the most activity today is ...

... a thread about the browns. gross.

On a more serious note ... the browns suck

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 03:23 PM
I think the Browns are just a one hit wonder. As for our schedule, it is still tough. We are not facing a cupcake schedule like we had last year.

Personally..I don't.

We auctually have franchise players now in Braylon and Joe thomas, etc.

Even if we stumble this year, we're going to be able dust ourselves off and get back to being a contender. Phil has set us up as such now. The days of Timmy Couch and Butch Davis are over.

Texasteel
07-23-2008, 03:25 PM

I beleave I've heard this before. It's called the Brown's pre-game theme song.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 03:25 PM
WHO THE EFF POSTED THIS!?!?!?

now that I think about it, didn't this post come one day after we were all furiously standing by the point that "we don't care about the browns"? now the thread that has the most activity today is ...

... a thread about the browns. gross.

On a more serious note ... the browns suck

Its great isn't it?

So many threads about us. For "not caring about us" you sure do devote a lot of space :).

The Rivalry is coming Back. Enjoy the Ride folks, and get the popcorn ready. :thumbsup:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I beleave I've heard this before. It's called the Brown's pre-game theme song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8WI7JUgcd-I

Lyrics:
Hi-O-Hi-O for Cleveland,
For the greatest team in the land
We raise our voices, in one great chorus,
Just to make them understand
We're proud they come from Cleveland,
Where we play the best football
Hi-O-Hi-O for Cleveland
To the greatest pro team of all !

We're All-American people
From an All-American town
We cheer the Indians, we cheer the Cavs
And we cheer the Cleveland Browns.
We're all for one with Cleveland
We sing to her renown.
For we're All-American people
From an All-American town!

paw-n-maul-u
07-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Its great isn't it?

So many threads about us. For "not caring about us" you sure do devote a lot of space :).

The Rivalry is coming Back. Enjoy the Ride folks, and get the popcorn ready. :thumbsup:

sorry T.O. I wouldnt waste a fresh bag of orville redenbauchers on the browns ... especially with football on Sunday-the day of the sabbath ... that's blasphemy. Don't you know God's a steelers fan?

And it wasn't me who said "we don't talk about the browns here, only in the Blast Furnace"

But back to the comment you made while obviously trippin on acid- "the rivalry is coming back"

Dude, you have to win a game vs. the steelers before this will ever be a rivalry.
Rivalry just doesn't seem to be the right word I'm loooooooookin for ... I think it's ......

... oh ya it's "asswhoopin"

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 03:34 PM
sorry T.O. I wouldnt waste a fresh bag of orville redenbauchers on the browns ... especially with Sunday on the day of the sabbath ... that's blasphemy. Don't you know god's a steelers fan?

And it wasn't me who said "we don't talk about the browns here, only in the Blast Furnace"

But back to the comment you made while obviously trippin on acid- "the rivalry is coming back"

Dude, you have to win a game vs. the steelers before this will ever be a rivalry.
Rivalry just doesn't seem to be the right word I'm loooooooookin for ... I think it's ......

... oh ya it's "asswhoopin"

God ain't a fan of any team. Didn't recall reading in the bible how he liked Pittsburgh more than another team. If he did..then where was he up until 1971. :)

Poor Poor Thing. I'm sure that any Steelers fan here would rather see it be Browns-Steelers rather than the Bungals or Rats. Damn good games for the AFC North will be for the next couple of years. :)

fansince'76
07-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Woohoo! The Cleveland Browns have been named the NFL On Fox's preseason on-paper AFC North Champs for 2008! This auspicious occasion calls for a trophy....

http://i17.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/e4/00/b622_1.JPG

Sorry, best I could do under such short notice.

MACH1
07-23-2008, 03:53 PM
The only good thing about the browns is they give us two wins a year. If were lucky it'll be three this year.

Preacher
07-23-2008, 04:01 PM
God ain't a fan of any team. Didn't recall reading in the bible how he liked Pittsburgh more than another team. If he did..then where was he up until 1971. :)

Poor Poor Thing. I'm sure that any Steelers fan here would rather see it be Browns-Steelers rather than the Bungals or Rats. Damn good games for the AFC North will be for the next couple of years. :)

And that is the clearest distinction between us.

We expect our team to be in the hunt EVERY YEAR.

You only expect your team to be in the hunt for a couple of years, and then rebuild again.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 04:05 PM
And that is the clearest distinction between us.

We expect our team to be in the hunt EVERY YEAR.

You only expect your team to be in the hunt for a couple of years, and then rebuild again.

uhuhuhuhuh...Only 'cuz we were an expansion team. Takes a long time to rebuild from scratch. Unlike the Stillers who had a coach and a plan in place for years. I expect to be a contender now with St. Phil Saveage as the GM.

To compare a team with all the pieces in place, and a team that has had to start from scratch with Arenia Football caliber players is a tad unfair, is it not? :)

Preacher
07-23-2008, 04:10 PM
uhuhuhuhuh...Only 'cuz we were an expansion team. Takes a long time to rebuild from scratch. Unlike the Stillers who had a coach and a plan in place for years. I expect to be a contender now with St. Phil Saveage as the GM.

To compare a team with all the pieces in place, and a team that has had to start from scratch with Arenia Football caliber players is a tad unfair, is it not? :)

Um...

WHAT?

I was talking about how you EXPECT... not past tense, but FUTURE tense, EXPECT your team to only be in the hunt for a couple of years.

And no, you are not an expansion team. 2002 you all were in the playoffs.

Sorry, you don't get to carry the "expansion team" label for 10 years.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Um...

WHAT?

I was talking about how you EXPECT... not past tense, but FUTURE tense, EXPECT your team to only be in the hunt for a couple of years.

And no, you are not an expansion team. 2002 you all were in the playoffs.

Sorry, you don't get to carry the "expansion team" label for 10 years.

Uh..Read False Start by Terry Pluto, Buddy..

And if you wanna count the '02 playoffs..That was rushed because the fans were wanting a contender and Butch and Carmens asses were on the line.

The Steelers via the same timeline from '99-'03 were able to build among the solid rock they had in franchise players. The Browns..Has NONE. They were AFL/CFL types.

I expect the Browns to be a good Franchise for a long time. Now that we have legit franchise players. It took a long time time to finally get it down pat, but we do now.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 04:21 PM
http://www.amazon.com/False-Start-Browns-Were-Fail/dp/1886228884/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216848004&sr=8-2

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YJVNPW0SL._SS500_.jpg

fansince'76
07-23-2008, 04:22 PM
The Steelers via the same timeline from '99-'03 were able to build among the solid rock they had in franchise players. The Browns..Has NONE. They were AFL/CFL types.

1999? Like who? Bettis and.... Kordell Stewart? Mike Tomczak? Amos Zereoue? Courtney Hawkins? Will Blackwell? Please. Pre-Heinz Field, the Steelers' cupboard was about as bare as it got.

Preacher
07-23-2008, 04:23 PM
I expect the Browns to be a good Franchise for a long time. Now that we have legit franchise players. It took a long time time to finally get it down pat, but we do now.

Really????? You really think that? Then why did you say this?

Damn good games for the AFC North will be for the next couple of years. :)

According to your argument, Steelers don't have down years because of our stability.

So you expect to have down years after the next two up years... but are also ar guing that your organization has it "down pat"

Which means.....

you think that the Browns have it down pat, and STILL can't perennially compete with the Steelers.

So in conclusion... You are in agreement that over the long term, the Steelers are better than the Browns... or in other words............The Browns Suck.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
1999? Like who? Bettis and.... Kordell Stewart? Mike Tomczak? Amos Zereoue? Courtney Hawkins? Will Blackwell? Please.

Its better than what the Browns had in uh..Tim Couch and Kevin Johnson. No Offensive line, No Defense.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/rosters.nsf/Annual/1999-cle

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/rosters.nsf/Annual/1999-pit

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Really????? You really think that? Then why did you say this?

According to your argument, Steelers don't have down years because of our stability.

So you expect to have down years after the next two up years... but are also ar guing that your organization has it "down pat"

Which means.....

you think that the Browns have it down pat, and STILL can't perennially compete with the Steelers.

So in conclusion... You are in agreement that over the long term, the Steelers are better than the Browns... or in other words............The Browns Suck.

From 1990-present. Yes.

But now we've caught up. You're twisting my words around. The Browns with hiring Belicheat, and then becoming an expansion, while the Steelers were able to have a consistent head coach.

THEY WILL COMPETE WITH YOUR DAMN STEELERS MARK MY WORDS FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS, AND MAYBE FOR THE REST OF MY ADULT LIFE.

GEEZ

Preacher
07-23-2008, 04:35 PM
From 1990-present. Yes.

But now we've caught up. You're twisting my words around. The Browns with hiring Belicheat, and then becoming an expansion, while the Steelers were able to have a consistent head coach.

THEY WILL COMPETE WITH YOUR DAMN STEELERS MARK MY WORDS FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS, AND MAYBE FOR THE REST OF MY ADULT LIFE.

GEEZ

But that wasn't what you said.....

I was just point out a difference. No reason to get so upset about it. Then when you started blustering, I just called the bluster. thats all.

The book does look interesting. Sadly, I have too many that I HAVE to read first.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-23-2008, 04:40 PM
But that wasn't what you said.....

I was just point out a difference. No reason to get so upset about it. Then when you started blustering, I just called the bluster. thats all.

The book does look interesting. Sadly, I have too many that I HAVE to read first.

I most defintly reccommend it if you wanna see the psychie of the Browns fan today, and why it took so long to get to this point for us. :). Didn't mean to get upset..was just frustrating trying to get my point across.

Maybe we could do a Book trade club of some sorts? One of the Browns for y'all and maybe Myron Copes auto-bio for some of us. :)

The Duke
07-23-2008, 04:54 PM
The only good thing about the browns is they give us two wins a year. If were lucky it'll be three this year.

that's why I'm kinda hoping they make the playoffs

nothing like embarrassing the browns 3 times a season on the way to another lombardi trophy, which I don't think they even know how it looks

MACH1
07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
From 1990-present. Yes.

GEEZ

So basically the browns super bowl is playing the Steelers twice a year.

And by your definition of an expansion team still includes the jags and panthers, right? After all its a fluke with the playoff appearances and a sb between the both of them. Just another excuse.

SteelersJW
07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
If you look at the Browns' schedule last year, they only played 3 teams that made the playoffs. That's right, only 3 teams! It's not like they went and manhandled any top contending teams. For the most part, they got lucky.

Also, I very much doubt Derek Anderson is the QB of the future for Cleveland. His 82.5 passer rating isn't very impresive and neither was his 56.5 completion percentage. He really blew too in the game against Cincinnati with the playoffs on the line. If I was a Browns fan, I would want Brady Quinn as the starting QB.

No way in hell are the Browns better than us. Until they beat us nine times in a row (knock on wood), don't believe the hype.

CantStop85
07-23-2008, 05:38 PM
IHe really blew too in the game against Cincinnati with the playoffs on the line. If I was a Browns fan, I would want Brady Quinn as the starting QB.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00xR1j58eUfbH/340x.jpg
4 INT's :chuckle:

SteelersTilIDie
07-23-2008, 06:15 PM
the browns have to prove that they're better, which theyre definitely not

redst3
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM
:laughing:Well now FOXnews and FOX sports have something in common.

Seriously, though, the Browns have a good team and are worthy of respect, but I think they have won something like 1, 2 or 3 out of the last 20-25 games against the Steelers. They will have to win it on the field, despite what the FOX propaganda machine turns out.

The boys at FOX aren't going to do anything, the Browns will have to win it themselves.

billybob
07-23-2008, 06:35 PM

That picture says a thousand words.

redst3
07-23-2008, 06:37 PM
By my count the Steelers have won 16 of 17 against the Browns, including playoffs.

redst3
07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I think schedule may have something to do with those rankings....We have one of the toughest in the league this year.

Now THAT makes sense

LVSteelersfan
07-23-2008, 11:48 PM
We have to wait for the annual coin toss to decide who the starting QB is. Crennel is PRICELESS!!! If BQ wins, there will be joy in the Burgh because he will be toast with all of the great defenses he will have to play against this year. I have to see him perform well against NFL defenses before I am a believer.

9-5
07-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Talk about making a big deal outta nothing:coffee:

You do have the toughest schedule. You have to play the Browns twice, :thumbsup:

For the most part, they got lucky.
We did, we are lucky Toad Granthack didn't cost us more games with his prevent defense. (Reason we lost in Pittsburgh)

Also, I very much doubt Derek Anderson is the QB of the future for Cleveland. His 82.5 passer rating isn't very impresive and neither was his 56.5 completion percentage. He really blew too in the game against Cincinnati with the playoffs on the line. If I was a Browns fan, I would want Brady Quinn as the starting QB.
He has a few games to prove he is better then last year. If not, its Brady Quinn time.

No way in hell are the Browns better than us. Until they beat us nine times in a row (knock on wood), don't believe the hype.
So if we, say, split with you guys (which is my opinion) and win the Super Bowl, we are still one year wonders, right?

the browns have to prove that they're better, which theyre definitely not
So going 10-6 after going 4-12 means we haven't proved we are a better team? Whatever. You'll be in for a rude awakening Sept 14.

fansince'76
07-24-2008, 01:59 AM
So if we, say, split with you guys (which is my opinion) and win the Super Bowl, we are still one year wonders, right?

Super Bowl? Yeah, right. I asked one of your fellow Browns fans this in another thread, and now I'm asking you: what color is the sky in your world? Delusional. :rofl:

Galax Steeler
07-24-2008, 03:33 AM

Does someone want to give him some cheese to go with that whine.:toofunny::toofunny:

redst3
07-24-2008, 05:28 AM
So going 10-6 after going 4-12 means we haven't proved we are a better team? Whatever. You'll be in for a rude awakening Sept 14.

What he meant was that they have to prove they are better than the Steelers, I am sure. Are you going to actually try to claim that the Browns (who have improved and do have a respectable team) are better than the Steelers when they have lost 17 of the last 18 games they have played?

Come back and make that claim in ...er....uh....

6 years when you have evened things up. :tt02:

stlrtruck
07-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Improvement doesn't happen over one season. It happens with consistency. The Steelers over the last 16 years have been consistent in their winning. What have the browns consistently done in that time frame?

And while last year was a good season for the browns and they've made some offseason additions, it doesn't mean they have improved. If they have truly improved (and turned the corner) then it will show over the course of the next few years.

Right now I wouldn't say they've improved as much as they've increased their potential.

xfl2001fan
07-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Right now I wouldn't say they've improved as much as they've increased their potential.

Well said!

redst3
07-24-2008, 09:02 AM

Maybe so, but i will give Cleveland credit where credit is due. Romeo's been patient and it started to pay off last year. That doesnt mean they can hang with the Steelers yet.

FOXsports or not....

xfl2001fan
07-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Maybe so, but i will give Cleveland credit where credit is due. Romeo's been patient and it started to pay off last year. That doesnt mean they can hang with the Steelers yet.

FOXsports or not....

Forget Romeo being patient. Savage and Lerner have been patient. Ultimately, they're the ones who have final responsibility/authority in the team. If they're not patient, Romeo is gone and we're starting from square one all over again. (That story got real old!)

St33lersguy
07-24-2008, 10:17 AM
So??? Power Rankings don't mean a thing. The NFL season is played on the football field not some "NFL anylists" power rankings.

SteelMember
07-24-2008, 10:58 AM
So??? Power Rankings don't mean a thing. The NFL season is played on the football field not some "NFL anylists" power rankings.

Exactly. Lets push some bodies, not pencils. There's no such thing as a paper champion. 18-1=nothin':sign11:

9-5
07-24-2008, 11:24 AM
What he meant was that they have to prove they are better than the Steelers, I am sure. Are you going to actually try to claim that the Browns (who have improved and do have a respectable team) are better than the Steelers when they have lost 17 of the last 18 games they have played?
Oh. I thought he meant better then 2006.

I am not going to say the Browns are better on the field. We are better on paper, which means about as much as these power rankings. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think we will split the series this year, with the home team winning both games. We win week 2, you win week 17............

because we are resting our starters for the playoffs. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
07-24-2008, 11:36 AM

because you'll have nothing left to play for except for pride by Week 17. :flap: Your guys will be getting their hineys all rested up for that long sit on the sofa to watch the Steelers in the playoffs. :tt02::chuckle:

The Duke
07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
We are better on paper, which means about as much as these power rankings.

how so? your whole defense already brings you ranking down. your offense is better, but not that much better

We win week 2, you win week 17............

and then the steelers beat the browns in the playoffs :tt02:

memphissteelergirl
07-24-2008, 11:57 AM
:laughing:Well now FOXnews and FOX sports have something in common.

Seriously, though, the Browns have a good team and are worthy of respect, but I think they have won something like 1, 2 or 3 out of the last 20-25 games against the Steelers. They will have to win it on the field, despite what the FOX propaganda machine turns out.

The boys at FOX aren't going to do anything, the Browns will have to win it themselves.

What he said....

It all comes down to leaving it all on the field...that goes for Browns, Steelers, and the other 30 teams in the league. The idiots in their cozy TV studios and nice suits ain't gotta do squat!

19ward86
07-24-2008, 12:34 PM
hahahahahahahahahah.....really,why pay attention to fox sports.

stlrtruck
07-24-2008, 01:34 PM
hahahahahahahahahah.....really,why pay attention to fox sports.

because they make us laugh.

revefsreleets
07-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Here's how this works: The Browns improve. DA gets benched. They outscore some teams (sorry, Browns fans, not the Steelers this year), and they have success two years in a row (sorry again, not playoff success, just Browns success...huge difference).

Instead of THEM raiding other teams for FA's, THEY get raided for FA's. And it's back to square one.

Although, I will say this...Brady Quinn, regardless of his sexual orientation (I'm not sayin' he's gay, just...whatever...we had Kordell, so), is going to be a great NFL QB. He CARRIED a mediocre ND team through a lot of shite in his career. He's the real deal. But that's kind of funny too. The Steelers would have traded DA while he had value, and the Browns didn't. That's the kind of fundamental difference between a team that plays for Super Bowl victories and a team that prays to squeak into the playoffs.

xfl2001fan
07-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Although, I will say this...Brady Quinn, regardless of his sexual orientation (I'm not sayin' he's gay, just...whatever...we had Kordell, so), is going to be a great NFL QB. He CARRIED a mediocre ND team through a lot of shite in his career. He's the real deal.

Imagine that, you and I disagree on something! lol

I'm still not sold on Brady. I was so glad last year when the Browns drafted Joe-T. Was a bit perplexed at gamling the future on a QB who beat up on lesser competition, but disappeared in the big games. I want to believe the hype, but the best I can bring myself to is very very cautious optimism.

I've yet to see anything that shows me he'll be a star. I hear about work ethic and film study and all that...which is a great thing, but I need to see him perform.

Same with DA. I'm not sure how much trade value DA actually brought because of how the last few weeks of the season went for him. The Bungals game in particular I hated. I hated how badly he was throwing and the fact that the coaches were calling for so many throws in poor throwing conditions. It's not like the Bungals were a great run-stopping defense. Jam it down their throats.

Do I like our chances this year? I'm cautiously optimistic. I love the progress I've seen, but I want to see more. I need to see more. There's hope. I believe we have the talent to play with anyone in this league, but will they play together to the best of their potential?

revefsreleets
07-24-2008, 05:27 PM
DA didn't have value? What were the numbers of the deal the Browns signed him to again? Wasn't it like 26 million? Those ain't back-up dollars, but he IS a back-up...he just had a year like Maddox did. He'll be quickly exposed with a year for teams to study him up.

Brady Quinn will be the real deal. Bank it. I don't care for him much, which makes it hard for me to admit this, but I'm sure that the next time the Browns beat the Steelers, it will be because of him.

xfl2001fan
07-24-2008, 09:32 PM
DA didn't have value? What were the numbers of the deal the Browns signed him to again? Wasn't it like 26 million? Those ain't back-up dollars, but he IS a back-up...he just had a year like Maddox did. He'll be quickly exposed with a year for teams to study him up.

Brady Quinn will be the real deal. Bank it. I don't care for him much, which makes it hard for me to admit this, but I'm sure that the next time the Browns beat the Steelers, it will be because of him.

What do you think the Browns were going to get out of him? He had a Pro-Bowl year, so his monetary value automatically jumps because of that. But you can't tell me that teams were going to be handing out high round draft picks for him after seeing his performance tail off at the end of the season.

If he produces this year, his value skyrockets and Phil is a genious for signing him so "cheaply." If he doesn't, then I hope you are right about BQ. I like DA, but he needs to play much much smarter than what he did last season.

9-5
07-25-2008, 12:00 AM
how so? your whole defense already brings you ranking down. your offense is better, but not that much better
We only added depth at the O-line, signed a deep threat in Donte' Stallworth, and kept everything else in tact.
On defense, we traded for 2 awesome lineman in Rodgers and Williams. In a 3-4, you need big lineman like them to keep the LB's free. Our secondary is young, but talented. I think E-Wright was a huge steal in the second round. He has a lot of talent, and I foresee pro bowls in his future. B-Mac was impressive when he was forced in due to injury, but he has to prove he can do it consistently. Trust me, the browns defense will be much improved from last year. Not top 10, but hey, we couldnt have been much worse.

and then the steelers beat the browns in the playoffs
Kinda hard for that to happen when you miss the playoffs :chuckle: Even if you did, you would have to play at the loudest CBS since the 80's.

The Duke
07-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Kinda hard for that to happen when you miss the playoffs :chuckle:

now come on dude, have faith in your team, the browns can reach the playoffs :flap:

Davison_K
07-25-2008, 01:08 AM
lol this is hysterical... i have been reading this cracking up:rofl:

Steelers fans got all worked up about a stupid pre-TRAINING CAMP power ranking and the browns got excited about a few injury-prone lazy players that are going to put the Browns in cap trouble for YEARS. :rofl:

If the jokes - i mean browns beat the steelers once this year i would shave my eyebrows off.

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 06:42 AM
lol this is hysterical... i have been reading this cracking up:rofl:

Steelers fans got all worked up about a stupid pre-TRAINING CAMP power ranking and the browns got excited about a few injury-prone lazy players that are going to put the Browns in cap trouble for YEARS. :rofl:

If the jokes - i mean browns beat the steelers once this year i would shave my eyebrows off.

Saving this for later in the season. Not saying that we will beat you, because the Browns do have a history of having injury problems, but all it takes is a one or two key injuries on the Steelers part and your eyebrows are gone!

Elvis
07-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Just let the season begin and lets see what happens Brownie fans, but until our season is over, we are steel the cream of the AFC North baby!
:hatsoff:

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Just let the season begin and lets see what happens Brownie fans, but until our season is over, we are steel the cream of the AFC North baby!
:hatsoff:

I don't think I've guaranteed the division win for us.

I'm all for waiting for the game. Football isn't won on paper, it's won on the field. Most Browns fans are about as optimistic as we've been since "The Return." Most of those fans do understand that the road to the AFCN Crown runs through Pittsburgh. No Pitt victories, no crown.

Regardless of the outcome of the game W2, I'll be back here online. Either talking smack, taking smack talk, admitting good luck or damning the bad luck. It makes no nevermind to me.

Odds are, I'll be visiting my family, so I won't get back online until the next day (unless there's a computer open at my moms after the game.) Her house is huge and there's generally 30+ Browns fans and 5+ Steelers fans all crowded around 3 of the 4 TVs that will be showing the game (we leave one open for the children who would rather watch Spongebob or Pokemon or whatever. That TV is in her bedroom anyways, which is as far from the Kitchen and Bathroom as you can be and still be in her house.)

Football season can't begin soon enough!

Kvnfaber
07-25-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't think I've guaranteed the division win for us.

I'm all for waiting for the game. Football isn't won on paper, it's won on the field. Most Browns fans are about as optimistic as we've been since "The Return." Most of those fans do understand that the road to the AFCN Crown runs through Pittsburgh. No Pitt victories, no crown.

Regardless of the outcome of the game W2, I'll be back here online. Either talking smack, taking smack talk, admitting good luck or damning the bad luck. It makes no nevermind to me.

Odds are, I'll be visiting my family, so I won't get back online until the next day (unless there's a computer open at my moms after the game.) Her house is huge and there's generally 30+ Browns fans and 5+ Steelers fans all crowded around 3 of the 4 TVs that will be showing the game (we leave one open for the children who would rather watch Spongebob or Pokemon or whatever. That TV is in her bedroom anyways, which is as far from the Kitchen and Bathroom as you can be and still be in her house.)

Football season can't begin soon enough!

Well put! :)

steeltheone
07-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Fine by me. Let the Browns be the pre-season champions.

It really doesn't matter what the experts think.

Browns and Bengals pre season ratings champions of the world!:tt03:

Davison_K
07-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Saving this for later in the season. Not saying that we will beat you, because the Browns do have a history of having injury problems, but all it takes is a one or two key injuries on the Steelers part and your eyebrows are gone!

Alright hold me to it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Talk about making a big deal outta nothing:coffee:

You do have the toughest schedule. You have to play the Browns twice, :thumbsup:

:blah:

fansince'76
09-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Funny how the kid was conspicuously absent last night. :coffee:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Funny how the kid was conspicuously absent last night. :coffee:

Will be funny to see how many show up this week at all....or has Basketball season started already.

Lebron had his popcorn ready :popcorn: watching T.O., Whitten and Adam Jones.

fansince'76
09-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Will be funny to see how many show up this week at all....or has Basketball season started already.

XFL, j-dawg, TBD, and CB1977 I can guarantee will be around, regardless of outcome.

revefsreleets
09-08-2008, 03:38 PM
My best and only advice to the Browns faithful?

Don't run much smack talk this week if you ARE planning on coming back Monday.

lilyoder6
09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
i liked the fact that lebron james was at the game and was talking to the cowboys instead of the home team browns..

xfl2001fan
09-08-2008, 06:44 PM
XFL, j-dawg, TBD, and CB1977 I can guarantee will be around, regardless of outcome.

Even if the Browns win, I'll try to provide regular analysis and the closest to smack talk you'll get (regarding the teams) is:

That's one in a row.

Seriously, it means nothing until we can win/play competitive consistently.

Should we lose, as indicated above, I'll still be here.

R2sojr
09-08-2008, 09:21 PM

You gotta beat the king first to be the king!!:tt03:

NJarhead
09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Even if the Browns win, I'll try to provide regular analysis and the closest to smack talk you'll get (regarding the teams) is:

That's one in a row.

What was up with Braylon Edwards dropping everything? Yesterday was one of those RARE occasions where I would mind seeing you guys beat someone and Braylon (who I have a lot of respect for) dropped like 9 of 10. I had to turn it off.

FYI - I hate the Cowboys pretty much more than anyone....I dunno, maybe not as much as the Ravens, but I even cheered them on over the Pats. :laughing:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-15-2008, 11:17 AM

That's one in a row.

Welcome back to the board. Whats the game analysis from the Browns side this week??

Last week it was not sending enough rushers at Romo. Sent a few more at Ben, but cant really blame it on the FG choice by Grimace....I doubt they convert 4th and 7 anyways.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 11:46 AM

Where ya at now? :coffee:

millwalldavey
09-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Wonder if they still have them ranked ahead of the Steelers?

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Where ya at now? :coffee:

.......all I hear is crickets so far.

Edman
09-15-2008, 02:07 PM
They'll be back talking their garbage soon enough.

Texasteel
09-15-2008, 03:46 PM

You haven't even caught up with our practice squad yet.

St33lersguy
09-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Steelers 10 Browns 6, yep I'd say the Browns are better lol.

HometownGal
09-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool

The only thing that the Browns caught is their tails between their legs as they slithered off the field Sunday night. :laughing:

Whatsa matter Clown - skeered to show your font? :whip:

lilyoder6
09-16-2008, 08:06 PM
i thinkt he only thing they caught up on us is primetime games.. and seems like they are 0-2 in primetime