PDA

View Full Version : Madden 09 (Specials)

Carolina Steelers
07-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Just wondering if there any kind of specials out there I know last year at Circuit City where I bought mine you got a $25.00 gift card to fanedge.com with purchase of game.

pit5xsbc
07-23-2008, 06:09 PM
The only one I know is at Gamestop,if you pre-order the game you get a coupon book worth $50 of deals on other games.

X-Terminator
07-23-2008, 07:21 PM
The only one I know is at Gamestop,if you pre-order the game you get a coupon book worth $50 of deals on other games.

That must have been after I pre-ordered it, because I got a whole lot of nothing when I did it early last month (Wii version).

pit5xsbc
07-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah,I think they just started it this month

TheWarDen86
07-30-2008, 07:51 PM
When is the release date again?

Carolina Steelers
07-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Aug. 12

TheWarDen86
07-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Sweeeeet. Thank you kind Sir.

ShutDown24
07-31-2008, 06:17 PM
I can't wait for Madden, but there is a feature I don't like in 09. The new 'do over' system -_-

Not sure if you guys heard about it, but you can have a do over, equivalent to golf’s mulligan, (I think) three times a game per team in Madden 09. So if fast Willie makes a 90 yard run to the house, the other guy can just rewind the play. Very stupid in my opinion. Why make the game LESS realistic? I thought they were aiming for more. It should still be good, but that little niche this year really bothers me. I'm not looking forward to that.

The Duke
07-31-2008, 06:26 PM
I can't wait for Madden, but there is a feature I don't like in 09. The new 'do over' system -_-

Not sure if you guys heard about it, but you can have a do over, equivalent to golf’s mulligan, (I think) three times a game per team in Madden 09. So if fast Willie makes a 90 yard run to the house, the other guy can just rewind the play. Very stupid in my opinion. Why make the game LESS realistic? I thought they were aiming for more. It should still be good, but that little niche this year really bothers me. I'm not looking forward to that.

you're kidding right? that sucks!! hopefully it's an option you can just turn off

anyway, I haven't seen anything too impressive about madden 09 so far, so I'm sticking with my madden 08. maybe next year though.... I hope

TheWarDen86
07-31-2008, 06:27 PM

That's ridiculous. Hopefully you opt not to use that rule.

Carolina Steelers
07-31-2008, 06:38 PM
yes the option can be turned off they said it would help out newer players that make a mistake you could have a do over, you select 1-5 before the gm starts of how many mulligans you want but like I said you can just turn it off. And if you play online this option is not available you get no mulligans. I will be turning mine off!!!!!

Carolina Steelers
07-31-2008, 06:40 PM
I also like that this game adapts to you if your a good runner but cant pass it will make it easier to pass and tougher to run, same thing on defense, hopefully this elminates sliders i like to play a sim game as close as possible at least

TheWarDen86
07-31-2008, 06:50 PM
I also like that this game adapts to you if your a good runner but cant pass it will make it easier to pass and tougher to run, same thing on defense, hopefully this elminates sliders i like to play a sim game as close as possible at least

Setting up sliders is so damn difficult sometimes. That is cool, but I don't want my defense messed with. Defense is my bread and butter in Madden.

Carolina Steelers
07-31-2008, 07:14 PM
they shouldnt mess with your defense when you first get the game you have an IQ test kind of like 3-D (like Playing TRON) when you play offense defense speacial team then they give you a score. So if your good on defense it will say ALL Madden and if your not that good on offense it might say ALL Pro and so on. Sounds kind of neat

TheWarDen86
07-31-2008, 07:18 PM
they shouldnt mess with your defense when you first get the game you have an IQ test kind of like 3-D (like Playing TRON) when you play offense defense speacial team then they give you a score. So if your good on defense it will say ALL Madden and if your not that good on offense it might say ALL Pro and so on. Sounds kind of neat

Hmmm. That is cool. I guess on line match ups will take this into account?