PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Lewis: "We'll Hand Them Their First Loss"

Koopa
11-18-2005, 06:46 PM
First Posted: 11/18/2005 12:55:08 PM The Bengals drama continues to build. As 9News first reported Wednesday night, they've been given permission to start selling playoff tickets.

Meanwhile, tickets for Sunday's Colts game are extinct.

What a difference three years makes. After nine games in 2002, the Bengals were 1 and 8. This year, they are 7 and 2, and Marvin Lewis it will be 8 and 2 after Sunday.

You heard correctly, Bengals' head coach Marvin Lewis issued a guarantee of sorts. It came during a wide ranging conversation with 9News anchor Tanya O'Rourke.

You've probably heard the fallout from Marvin's comments on the county's suit against the team, but there was more: a prediction about Sunday's game.

O'Rourke: Do you want to hand the Colts their first loss?
Lewis: We will hand them their first loss.
O'Rourke: Come on, you want to beat them.
Lewis: I said, if they come in here undefeated, we will hand them their first loss.

O'Rourke will have more of her off-the-cuff chat with the coach Friday at 5:30 p.m. Tune in, then find the story on WCPO.com.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/11/17/marvin.html

Suitanim
11-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Again, I have no problem with Cincy beating them...The Bengals are the most complete team they've faced so far, so why not?

bengalsfan21
11-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Again, I have no problem with Cincy beating them...The Bengals are the most complete team they've faced so far, so why not?

Agreed but the news is making it out worst then it was......He said it in a joking manner bc the reporter kept hounding him with the question. If you didn't see the interview there is no reason to read the article.

SteelCityMan786
11-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Bengals you gonna get a WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPIN! I'd rather Pittsburgh Pull the UPSET OF THE SEASON!

bengalsfan21
11-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Bengals have a better chance bc of Homefield advantage....Indy won't lay down to you guys in Indy, besides you have a running game and once you get behind that means Ben will have to pass and I don't see that as a good thing.....But if he does and wins the game then it ends all the mumbo jumbo about him being just a "game controlling" QB and not a "game winning" QB.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2005, 12:44 PM
If there is anyone who can beat Indy, in Indy, its us... we take that us against the world mentality better than anyone. WE can win anywhere if we are on top of our game.

Anyone that couldnt see the amusement in Marvin's comments doesnt know him. He's not a trash talker by heart...but he believes in his team and they have as good a shot at anyone of dethrowning the colts from unbeaten land.

clevestinks
11-19-2005, 02:15 PM
I`ve been waiting to see Indy play someone descent, I still think that thier defense is a tad bit overrated,

Livinginthe past
11-19-2005, 04:50 PM
100% spot on Cleve - even though the Pats got beat up by the Colts Offense (which I think is as good this year as it has ever been) the D did not impress me one bit - especially as this is their starting unit with no injuries.

The main reason they beat the Pats was because their O was able to dominate TOP - if you factor in Pittsburgh ability to run the ball plus their far superior D (to the Pats) then I think you will see a real contest.

I happen to think the Bengals will give them a good game tomorrow - it will probably come down to a contest between the Bengals ability to stop the Edge vs the weak Colts secondary ability to stop Carson - ill nearly always bet against the team that is struggling to contain the run.

Oh and by-the-by, if Cowher has the balls to do it id like to see him open up Ben on the Colts secondary early - I think Hines and Heath Miller can make some BIG PLAYS against that secondary.

In case anyone hasnt noticed - I am of the opinion that the Colts secondary is weak - and being a Pats fan this year I know a weak secondary when I see it!

Cheers

NM

Ambridge
11-19-2005, 06:12 PM
I guess there shouldn't be a surprise if Cincy wins.

Don't forget the Bengals (at home as well) knocked off the Undefeated 9-0 Kansas City Chiefs in 2003.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-19-2005, 06:15 PM
I'd rather face Indy coming off a win rather than a loss. Plus I want us to be the team that ends their streak just like we did last year to the Patsys and Egals.

SteelR1
11-19-2005, 06:20 PM
I think it's cool that Cincy is all excited about the game. It will certainly be a great one!!!

Let's see if Chad can back up his trash talking this week, I have a feeling this might be a shootout for both teams...

Suitanim
11-19-2005, 07:20 PM
I'd rather hand Indy their second loss in a row...

Koopa
11-19-2005, 08:36 PM
well since the bengals are in our division i'll be goin for the colts, becasue with maddox starting there is a big chance we don't win. so GO COLTS!!

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Yeah I cant bring myself to root for the Bungles. Plus I dont think Indy is going to lose their hold on homefield throughout,and with Tommy starting, Sunday's game is no gimme for us.

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-20-2005, 10:47 PM
See we all know that Cincy has lost and I am glad because I want us to be the team to knock them off of their rocker. But if we play next week like we played today. WE ARE DOOMED.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2005, 11:15 PM
Next week.. all indications are that Marvel, Farrior and Ben will be back.. and we'll need them.

Rinkleroot
12-02-2005, 10:54 PM
100% spot on Cleve - even though the Pats got beat up by the Colts Offense (which I think is as good this year as it has ever been) the D did not impress me one bit - especially as this is their starting unit with no injuries.

The main reason they beat the Pats was because their O was able to dominate TOP - if you factor in Pittsburgh ability to run the ball plus their far superior D (to the Pats) then I think you will see a real contest.

I happen to think the Bengals will give them a good game tomorrow - it will probably come down to a contest between the Bengals ability to stop the Edge vs the weak Colts secondary ability to stop Carson - ill nearly always bet against the team that is struggling to contain the run.

Oh and by-the-by, if Cowher has the balls to do it id like to see him open up Ben on the Colts secondary early - I think Hines and Heath Miller can make some BIG PLAYS against that secondary.

In case anyone hasnt noticed - I am of the opinion that the Colts secondary is weak - and being a Pats fan this year I know a weak secondary when I see it!

Cheers

NM

Guess you found out otherwise huh, you are right about the Pats D being weak, the O isn't looking too good either.
:grin: