PDA

View Full Version : Tunnel Traffic WTF?!?

section514
07-25-2008, 08:11 AM
I have had the wonderful experience of driving through the Squirrel Hill Tunnel twice a day all summer. Every day on the way home it is backed up to Churchill, while people work their way through the tunnel. However, when I get near the end of the tunnel, it is like I am the only one on the road. What is up with this? I created an online poll at my blog to see what is going on. http://avete.blogspot.com

check it out and vote. Sent the link around so I can get as much data as possible

Mosca
07-25-2008, 08:34 AM
It's been like that since they opened. It was like that when I drove through there in the '70s. People slow down because of both the tunnels and the spaghetti-interchange at the exit, and it causes a caterpillar effect.

revefsreleets
07-25-2008, 09:21 AM
I don't live in the Burgh, and I'm not even sure I've ever been in this tunnel, but I think I can answer this question:

People are, generally speaking, pretty stupid.

section514
07-26-2008, 02:06 PM
the squirrel hill tunnel is the worst, and there isn't even a stop light at the end of it or before it. It's like a roof over the road. Why can I travel from Monroeville to Churchill fine, and then stop? Once you get a quarter of the way through the tunnel the speed increases and you fly through it. WTF?