PDA

View Full Version : Matt Trannon released...

MDSteel15
07-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Thank you football Gods :tt: He was released this morning, what a wasted try out!
Plus I hear that our 5 WRs will be this:
1. Holmes
2. Ward
3. Sweed
4. Washington
5. Baker

This means Willie Reid is bye bye and Nate is one step closer to the exit!

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Some think Micah Rucker might make the squad instead of Baker.

I also dont rule out that #6 could be a punt returner, but hope Moore is the starting PR, with Holmes the backup/emergency returner.

Mendenhall, Moore or Russell should be the kick returners.

19ward86
07-25-2008, 12:01 PM
do you not like nate washington? if not you must be a fricken nutbag.

BlastFurnace
07-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Nate is going nowhere this season.

nicesteel4life
07-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Who got released? Comon like we didn't know that was going to happen!
Nate is going nowhere, this is his make it or break it year!
Reid is gone during camp as well.....he broke last year!

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-25-2008, 12:37 PM
do you not like nate washington? if not you must be a fricken nutbag.

who is hating on Nate?? The OP had him on the list. I think Nate starts as the #3 WR, but gonna be tough to keep Sweed off the field in 3rd and long situations.

revefsreleets
07-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Nate Washington would go to the HOF if we could only figure out some way to make every pass thrown his way difficult to catch. The worst thing that can happen to Washington is for the ball to be perfectly thrown and hit him right in the hands.

The Duke
07-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Nate Washington would go to the HOF if we could only figure out some way to make every pass thrown his way difficult to catch. The worst thing that can happen to Washington is for the ball to be perfectly thrown and hit him right in the hands.

lol, so true

hopefully nate improves, we really need 4 reliable receivers this season

he is going to be better this season, I can feel it!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-25-2008, 05:26 PM

Yeah, he has hands like Ike Taylor.

iBleedBlack&Gold
07-25-2008, 05:51 PM
I for one am itching to see Micah Rucker in action this preseason. His measurables are undeniably impressive. (6'6", 221 lbs., 39" vertical, 4.5 40 yd. dash, 11'3" broad jump, etc.) Although he played at a small school with limited competition, he put up big numbers. Sounds like he could become a red zone threat at best case scenario, or possibly worst case just end up like Matt Trannon and get cut after a few years of practice squad. Whatever the case may be you never know how the UDFA's will pan out after the needle in the haystack we found named "Fast" Willie Parker. :tt02:

Preacher
07-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Nate Washington needs to prove that he is a reliable WR NOW. If not, he needs to be gone by the end of camp.

Sweed and others need to be given the chance to make it. Nate has had his chance.

It is make or break... in camp (I hope).

MDSteel15
07-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Nate Washington needs to prove that he is a reliable WR NOW. If not, he needs to be gone by the end of camp.

Sweed and others need to be given the chance to make it. Nate has had his chance.

BINGO! Thank you very much.... :drink:

BlastFurnace
07-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Realistically, he isn't going to be our #1 or 2. At most, he is a #3 or a #4. If Dallas Baker steps up as we have heard, he could be a #5.

I think Washington has proven that he is worthy of a roster spot, not as a starter, but as a key reserve. His numbers prove that.

Like I said earlier, Washington won't be cut. There is a place for him on our roster, even at last year's performance. It would be a mistake to cut him until Baker, Sweed, and others prove they can play better than him...this year.

MDSteel15
07-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah, but I believe this is his LAST chance! Rucker WiLL take his spot either sometime this season or the beginning of next because little Mike won't put up with all those dropped balls! I love Nate's acrobatic catches, but it's the routine drops that pizz me off!

The Duke
07-25-2008, 07:41 PM
until someone actually shows they can be better than nate he is safe on the roster

rucker and baker have shown nothing so far, just potential and good offseasons. even sweed has to show he is better and pass him on the depth chart

we all hate it when nate drops easy balls and he should improve them, but he is the #3 or # 4 receiver on the team, most teams don't have a perfect #3 receiver.nate's average in terms of a 3rd-4th receiver .

I know, we all want the best or the team, but to think rucker or baker will take nate's roster spot when they haven't even make the team once is foolish

CantStop85
07-25-2008, 08:56 PM
No Matt Trannon?!

You guys are losing to the Browns for sure this year!

:chuckle:

MDSteel15
07-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Not to the Bungholes!!! That's a given...

Steelman16
07-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Rucker and Sweed in the redzone? Geeze, that would killer!

Nate is our Number 3 WR until proven otherwise. It seems likely that someone will take his place, though not necassarily Sweed, but the folks waitin' in the wings still have to prove themselves.

Until then, Nate's #3.

Galax Steeler
07-26-2008, 03:59 AM
Rucker and Sweed in the redzone? Geeze, that would killer!.

Not to mention Matt Spaeth and Heath Miller we will have all kinds of giants in the redzone.