PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall is signed!!!

Lord Stiller
07-25-2008, 01:18 PM
STEELERS SIGN MENDENHALL
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2008, 1:51 p.m.
The Pittsburgh Steelers have agreed to terms with their first-round pick in the 2008 draft, running back Rashard Mendenhall.

The former Illinois standout, who parlayed one solid year into his lofty draft status, will receive $7.125 million in guaranteed money on a five-year deal. The package has a total value of $12.555 million.

Mendenhall joins Willie Parker in a backfield that also includes Mewelde Moore, and that almost included Kevin Jones. Pakrer suffered a broken leg suffered late in the 2007 season, and the team could be looking for ways to extend his career by limiting the pounding he takes.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Counselor
07-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Good News! As much as I am excited about Sweed (and I am) as a running back Mendenhall is going to have more of a chance to make a big impact right a way. Glad to see this is done and he'll be in camp on time!

fansince'76
07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
The package has a total value of $12.555 million.

Close - about a quarter mil under the actual value of the contract....

heres a good reference point-

2004 steven jackson was the 24th pick (i think he was the 2nd rb taken overall) and signed a 5 year/7mil deal. add 10-15% to that for every year since then, and we should be in the ballpark for mendenhall.

So anywhere from 5 years at $10.25 mil (at 10% per year inflation since '04) to $12.24 mil (at 15%).

xfl2001fan
Damn! Was hoping for a holdout! LOL

millwalldavey
WOOOOOHOOOOOO Now I can buy the jersey............ anyone see any Sweed jerseys yet.

Dino 6 Rings
07-25-2008, 01:23 PM
CAN YOU SMELL IT!!!

HERE WE GO!!!

Lord Stiller
07-25-2008, 01:26 PM
WOOOOOHOOOOOO Now I can buy the jersey............ anyone see any Sweed jerseys yet.

what numbers are Mendenhall, Sweed and Davis???

43Hitman
07-25-2008, 01:27 PM
I couldn't be happier. Happy birthday to me!!! Let's get down to business get Sweed in there and start training boys. We got a long hard road ahead of us. But if any team can do it, our Steelers can.

Damn! Was hoping for a holdout! LOL

Why am I not surprised by that. Typical brownie fan.

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Why am I not surprised by that. Typical brownie fan.

I just figured I'd throw that in for comic relief. Of course, I'm fairly confident that there were some people (here) who were amused by the whole Brady Quinn holdout and had their share of comments made.

tony hipchest
07-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Close - about a quarter mil under the actual value of the contract....

Originally Posted by fansince'76
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
heres a good reference point-

2004 steven jackson was the 24th pick (i think he was the 2nd rb taken overall) and signed a 5 year/7mil deal. add 10-15% to that for every year since then, and we should be in the ballpark for mendenhall.

So anywhere from 5 years at $10.25 mil (at 10% per year inflation since '04) to $12.24 mil (at 15%).:thumbsup: so.... we should start a sports agency.

you got any good connects?

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 01:33 PM

34, 14 and 38 (respectively) based on the Steelers.com website

Fire Haley
07-25-2008, 01:34 PM
A better source....

Steelers sign top pick Mendenhall
Friday, July 25, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers today reached agreement on a contract with first-round draft pick Rashard Mendenhall.

Mendenhall, a 225-pound running back from Illinois, will sign for five years at $12.55 million. He will receive bonuses as part of that contract worth $6.83 million.

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/08207/899545-66.stm

Dino 6 Rings
07-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I just figured I'd throw that in for comic relief. Of course, I'm fairly confident that there were some people (here) who were amused by the whole Brady Quinn holdout and had their share of comments made.

I wanted Quinn to start for the Browns, and look forward to crushing his NFL dreams in the future when we bury his sorry butt into the turf game after game.

So when the Browns start 0-1 with the Steelers on the Schedule in week 2, will they trade away their starting QB again? Or do they just do that after embarrassing loses to the Steelers?

43Hitman
07-25-2008, 01:35 PM

The only difference is this is a Steelers board and not a brownie board. We can say and do what we want on this board. Just like you can onyours. You could do us all a favor and return there with your wishful thinking.

Lord Stiller
07-25-2008, 01:36 PM

34 for Mendenhall, nice!

he's the new Walter Payton :tt02:

msafford
07-25-2008, 01:42 PM

Bruce Davis- 53
Carey Davis- 38

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 01:43 PM
The only difference is this is a Steelers board and not a brownie board. We can say and do what we want on this board. Just like you can onyours. You could do us all a favor and return there with your wishful thinking.

Because it's a free board on the internet, I can pretty much say and do what I want. I'll catch more flak for it being a Browns fan on a Steelers board, but I can still say and do pretty much what I like here.

Maybe you haven't noticed, I don't let a little thing like the title of the board or the fan base typing on it keep me from voicing my opinions, telling my jokes or conversing in any other fashion.

I like to keep it interesting.

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Bruce Davis- 53
Carey Davis- 38

Yeah, my bad. I worked my way up from Sweed and took the first Davis I saw.

msafford
07-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah, my bad. I worked my way up from Sweed and took the first Davis I saw.

Technically, You were right though. :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Technically, You were right though. :chuckle:

In that case, can I get a mod to delete my earlier claim to ignorance? :laughing:

Guess not.

43Hitman
07-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Because it's a free board on the internet, I can pretty much say and do what I want. I'll catch more flak for it being a Browns fan on a Steelers board, but I can still say and do pretty much what I like here.

Maybe you haven't noticed, I don't let a little thing like the title of the board or the fan base typing on it keep me from voicing my opinions, telling my jokes or conversing in any other fashion.

Oh I've noticed, how could you not notice the same old dribble year after year. It's funny how you think it's interesting, like your the first to ever type it or think it. Quite arrogant actually. You bore me.

redst3
07-25-2008, 01:51 PM

Yup, within rules set by the admin and as far as I can see you meet those. and it doesn make for ineteresting conversation.

I see you over there on the Browns board and I tend to think you are a civil guy....

but this is a Steelers board and I am really pumped about getting Mendenhall signed. I have been excited about this kid since i saw the Big 10 special on him last week. I am really looking forward to seeing the first pre-season game (against the Eagles I think).

Here we go Steelers Here we go!:tt::tt:#34 huh, that was Verron, Walter Abercrombie and Tim Lester's numbers, I believe.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Sweed Signed too.

Steelers sign top picks Mendenhall and Sweed
Friday, July 25, 2008

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08207/899545-66.stm

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Oh I've noticed, how could you not notice the same old dribble year after year. It's funny how you think it's interesting, like your the first to ever type it or think it. Quite arrogant actually. You bore me.

Same old dribble? What dribble do I put out? I made one (bad) joke about Mendenhall signing. For a Browns fan, any delay in a player joining your organization is a good thing for us. Would you rather I wish an injury to your players? I'd much rather they just hold out and lose valuable time in TC.

I don't recall saying (or even indicating) that I was the only one to think or type it. Like a few others on this site, you automatically assume the worst of me because I'm a Browns fan. I'm not arrogant in the least. I know what I know and admit what I don't. If I've made a mistake (or think I have) I openly admit it.

If I bore you so much, then why are you so interested in what I say? Move on to more interesting posters. I don't think I bore you as much as you would like others on this site to believe (possibly even yourself.)

But that's really your problem, not mine.

43Hitman
07-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Sweed Signed too.

Steelers sign top picks Mendenhall and Sweed
Friday, July 25, 2008

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08207/899545-66.stm

Sweet again. I have to re-iterate what I said previously. LETS GET TO WORK BOYS! WE HAVE SOME BUTTS TO KICK!

:tt03::helmet::tt03:

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Yup, within rules set by the admin and as far as I can see you meet those. and it doesn make for ineteresting conversation.

I see you over there on the Browns board and I tend to think you are a civil guy....

but this is a Steelers board and I am really pumped about getting Mendenhall signed. I have been excited about this kid since i saw the Big 10 special on him last week. I am really looking forward to seeing the first pre-season game (against the Eagles I think).

Here we go Steelers Here we go!:tt::tt:#34 huh, that was Verron, Walter Abercrombie and Tim Lester's numbers, I believe.

I try not to be a total jack@$$. You're a pretty good guy over there as well. You're every bit as respected a Steeler fan as Steel is over there.

I would expect for Steelers fans to be excited about signing draft picks. I have no issue with that. Of the names you mention, I think I like Tim Lester the least. LOL

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-25-2008, 02:07 PM
#34......I love to say Abercrmbie!! Remember when he rushed for crazy yardage in the Hula bowl his Sr. year, just to be drafted and be a bust.

Weggie Thompson is another all-name Steelers.

Mendenhall is gonna be special in a year or two.

As for XFL2001fan....he's OK in my book. Not ignorant or condescending...just a browns fan. I can't degrade a guy for that....its an affliction he was born with ;)

DACEB
07-25-2008, 02:24 PM
34 for Mendenhall, nice!

he's the new Walter Payton :tt02:

The best ever IMO, please make it so Lord.

Hypocycloid
07-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Right now they are:
Davis 53
Mendenhal 34
Sweed 14

OneForTheToe
07-25-2008, 02:31 PM
#34......I love to say Abercrmbie!! Remember when he rushed for crazy yardage in the Hula bowl his Sr. year, just to be drafted and be a bust.

Weggie Thompson is another all-name Steelers.

Mendenhall is gonna be special in a year or two.

As for XFL2001fan....he's OK in my book. Not ignorant or condescending...just a browns fan. I can't degrade a guy for that....its an affliction he was born with ;)

I like how Frank Gifford used to call him AbercrAmbie. :doh:

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 02:33 PM

Thanx! If it's an affliction, it's one I wear proudly! (Which is saying something considering how the last couple of decades have gone for us!)

fansince'76
07-25-2008, 02:33 PM
I like how Frank Gifford used to call him AbercrAmbie. :doh:

Gifford was a tool. :chuckle:

OneForTheToe
07-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Gifford was a tool. :chuckle:

Yes he is/was. I believe Kathy Lee just puts him in and out of his cryogenics chamber as she pleases.

redst3
07-25-2008, 02:38 PM

That run he had against the Raiders in the last 1984 game was the perfect microcosm of his career, barelled out of there for like 50 or 60 yards and then got horse collared at the one. Thats OK, though Pollard carried it over.

Yeah, Mendenhall, do your magic!!!!:thumbsup:

redst3
07-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Gifford...Where's Chuck Bednarik when you need him?

redst3
07-25-2008, 02:43 PM
http://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/Editorial_Pics/Chuck-Bednarik-GREEN-LARGE.jpg Guess which one Gifford is?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

HometownGal
07-25-2008, 03:14 PM
The best ever IMO, please make it so Lord.

I dub Mendenhall (#34) - "Little Sweetness". :thumbsup::tt02:

This is terrific news! We are going to have a kick-ass backfield! :tt02::tt:

Edman
07-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Nice work FO. No distracting rookie holdouts and missed training time. Now let's get to work and rock some faces this season. :tt:

Now Ben gets to play with his new toy! Hope he likes it lol.

19ward86
07-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Hip Hip Hooray!!!!

stillers4me
07-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Great news all round!

Now we only have to figure out who's signing the paychecks.

slashsteel
07-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Yes def great news !

MDSteel15
07-25-2008, 07:10 PM

Wrong Davis, that is Carey Davis' number! What is Bruce Davis' number???

My bad, should have read the entire thread first.... but that dang Clowns fan, I couldn't resist jumping on him mistake. Dag nab it

billybob
07-25-2008, 07:21 PM

Do you think that was the wise thing to do on our site.What makes you lurk around here anyway?Even if we did not sign him you guys would still be putty in our hands.We mold you as such.The molded shape of losers.I know i speak for myself,but i would not mind it if you would just tend to your own task at hand.........like how can you beat us guys.Can i go to thier site and get some kind of insight as to what we can do?You should just beat it! I never been to your site,and i would not dream of it. I think if i did,there would be some hidden factor,like i wanted to really be a Browns fan!!!!!!! Is that it you really want to be a steeler fan? If that is the case you are at the right place.

billybob
07-25-2008, 07:26 PM

Even over Jason Taylor shakin that boot-tay?

BlastFurnace
07-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Do you think that was the wise thing to do on our site.What makes you lurk around here anyway?Even if we did not sign him you guys would still be putty in our hands.We mold you as such.The molded shape of losers.I know i speak for myself,but i would not mind it if you would just tend to your own task at hand.........like how can you beat us guys.Can i go to thier site and get some kind of insight as to what we can do?You should just beat it! I never been to your site,and i would not dream of it. I think if i did,there would be some hidden factor,like i wanted to really be a Browns fan!!!!!!! Is that it you really want to be a steeler fan? If that is the case you are at the right place.

xfl is ok in my book. He's not trolling, just throwing some schtick into the whole discussion. Of course he was hoping for a long holdout....just like I was hoping that they would keep Charley Frye as their starting QB all of last season. Big Deal.

Stick around xfl.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Thats OK, though Pollard carried it over.

Yeah, Mendenhall, do your magic!!!!:thumbsup:

I liked Pollard a ton. I thought when Franco left that Pollard and Sidney Thornton carried the load a bit, then Abercrombie came in to replace Thornton.

Gonna be fun watching Parker and Mendenhall.

missedgehead
07-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I am very happy to see him (and Sweed according to the Post Gazette) signed. We should have an excellent backfield. :) GO STEELERS!! :)

HometownGal
07-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Even over Jason Taylor shakin that boot-tay?

You lost me here bb. :confused:

I dubbed Mendenhall "Little Sweetness" because "Sweetness" was the late great Walter Payton's nickname.

P.S. I saved those You Tube vids of Jason Taylor shakin' and bakin' that boo-tay :lust:

steeltheone
07-25-2008, 08:58 PM

Thats a little much don't ya think. Comparing him to the greatest ever?

Aussie_steeler
07-25-2008, 09:01 PM
We have all been waiting for this news to come through.

Time to move to the next phase of preparing for the new season.

Cant wait for training camp to start and reports from the field to come through.

WHo are our training camp correspondents going to be this year? Cause I am looking forward to your reports of how some of the TC battles are going to pan out.
eg. Middle Line Backer, Center, Guard, Tackle, CB and FS.

NV STEELERS 723
07-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Great news for STEELER nation! Both picks are really going to help us. I can't wait for some STEELER football!

GO STEELERS!!!!!

billybob
07-25-2008, 09:59 PM
You lost me here bb. :confused:

I dubbed Mendenhall "Little Sweetness" because "Sweetness" was the late great Walter Payton's nickname.

P.S. I saved those You Tube vids of Jason Taylor shakin' and bakin' that boo-tay :lust:

it was way on back from a previous thread. something bout jason and dancin.skakin that booo-tay

billybob
07-25-2008, 10:04 PM
it was way on back from a previous thread. something bout jason and dancin.skakin that booo-tay

Mach five should be the name of our offensive line.Mach five baby.

billybob
07-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I liked Pollard a ton. I thought when Franco left that Pollard and Sidney Thornton carried the load a bit, then Abercrombie came in to replace Thornton.

Gonna be fun watching Parker and Mendenhall.

The man with no face.We got "Earnest Jackson". From the Philadelphia Eagles,for a six pack.........and it did'nt have to be cold either.

Buddy ,Rhyan
Coach of the Philadelphia Eagles.

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 10:16 PM

Have you ever had anything insightful to say? Why do I lurk here? Because I Can. Plain and simple.

You speak of beating someone as if we're both players. We're fans. Nothing more but fans.

You've never been to my site? Which site is that? I don't recall owning or being a mod for any site.

Maybe I'm making this site my permanent E-residence.

I don't want to be a Steelers fan. I respect the organization, but I detest them.

I'm here because it's an enjoyable place to hang out online.

xfl2001fan
07-25-2008, 10:18 PM
xfl is ok in my book. He's not trolling, just throwing some schtick into the whole discussion. Of course he was hoping for a long holdout....just like I was hoping that they would keep Charley Frye as their starting QB all of last season. Big Deal.

Stick around xfl.

C'mon, if revefsreleets couldn't get me to stop coming here, you think some redneck is going to chase me away? At least revefsreleets could give intelligent arguments, however much he would twist things around.

billybob
07-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Have you ever had anything insightful to say? Why do I lurk here? Because I Can. Plain and simple.

You speak of beating someone as if we're both players. We're fans. Nothing more but fans.

You've never been to my site? Which site is that? I don't recall owning or being a mod for any site.

Maybe I'm making this site my permanent E-residence.

I don't want to be a Steelers fan. I respect the organization, but I detest them.

I'm here because it's an enjoyable place to hang out online.

I will start from the begining,so you can remember.I will answer each and every question that you stated with honesty,and integrety.

A) YES
B)?
C)?
D)?
E)NO
F)?
G)Go Back to the steel.

billybob
07-25-2008, 10:44 PM
C'mon, if revefsreleets couldn't get me to stop coming here, you think some redneck is going to chase me away? At least revefsreleets could give intelligent arguments, however much he would twist things around.

I hope for the love of god they never have a "mod" from the plastic side of steel town.

billybob
07-25-2008, 10:54 PM
I hope for the love of god they never have a "mod" from the plastic side of steel town.

You think i an kidding,look at those arms on speed!!!!!!!!:coffee:

Texasteel
07-25-2008, 11:20 PM

Who's Brady Ouinn?:noidea:

43Hitman
07-25-2008, 11:26 PM

Take it easy with the name calling there hotshot.

Steelman16
07-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Awesome news from the FO!! :thumbsup:

Now we can focus on the real things of life....STEELERS FOOTBALL BABY! :tt03:

billybob
07-25-2008, 11:39 PM
ain"t no hot _ shot but i have a lotof stuff!!!!!!!!! bto back me up!
i really want to know why you find it so important to come here?
just worried i guess!!!!

billybob
07-25-2008, 11:49 PM
question: who is brady quinn?
answer: he is a draft choice of the cleveland browns that has never been tested in the nfl>

billybob
07-26-2008, 12:03 AM
we were a team that kicked you around for so long<we became used to it>to me <just the reason you are hangin around here tells me yo have some steel really inyour blood>call me all the names you would like<but you arew here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
accept it!!!!!!

billybob
07-26-2008, 01:05 AM
DON"T EVER ASSUME THAT YOU ARE ACCEPTED

Preacher
07-26-2008, 01:52 AM
Hey guys..

Enough with XFL...

He kept the smack in the blast furnace.... He is having some fun here... nothing that I wouldn't have said on a Browns site if the situation was reversed.

Let it go people.

He isn't a troll. If he is playing a game... it will come out soon enough, we got a couple great troll-sniffing mods that can take care of business.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

On to more important things..........

It is GREAT to see Mendenhall signed. Now we are just waiting for Sweed right??

Galax Steeler
07-26-2008, 04:13 AM
xfl is ok he is just on here having some fun and isn't a troll it is fun to have someone on here to mix it up with us sometimes.

I am glad to see Mendenhall is signed and Sweed I am ready for some football.

redst3
07-26-2008, 05:13 AM

Stick around xfl.

Well said, there's a place for smack talking here and an NFL forum as well. If X was a troll that would be different but he's not, so I have no problem with him.

Texasteel
07-26-2008, 06:31 AM
I agree, good hearted kidding is one thing, but lets leave the rough stuff where it belongs.

I think I read that Sweed has sign as well Preacher.

Who all's ready for some football?

billybob
07-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Ok i'm sorry,i just can't imagine going to the site of the cleveland browns and sticking my nose in thier affairs.I go to the site of my favorite team.I know how important the browns are to us.They are so important,that when the originals left cleveland,i kind of felt sorry for them.plus it is two wins every year for us.but me myself,feel comfortable beating the original browns around.Even archie griffin would come out of the closet already.you hang here for a reason.....cause ya love the "STEELERS" nuff said.:coffee:

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok i'm sorry,i just can't imagine going to the site of the cleveland browns and sticking my nose in thier affairs.I go to the site of my favorite team.I know how important the browns are to us.They are so important,that when the originals left cleveland,i kind of felt sorry for them.plus it is two wins every year for us.but me myself,feel comfortable beating the original browns around.Even archie griffin would come out of the closet already.you hang here for a reason.....cause ya love the "STEELERS" nuff said.:coffee:

Yeah, personally I have never looked at a Browns forum to see what they are saying. I've found some Browns info on the leader-dispatch?? when googling to see whats the deal with staph infections at the mistake on the lake.

Maybe the Browns forums suck and some non steeler fans like to participate here. Either way, I got no problem as long as they arent trolls. I'm curious to see Mendenhall for the next 5 seasons...think its gonna be great.

Elvis
07-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Ladies and Gents, I think our season is gonna be a great one myself and I think that Mendenhall and parker are gonna make a great team.
Just talk football and " Just Let It Go"
:blah:

xfl2001fan
07-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Ok i'm sorry,i just can't imagine going to the site of the cleveland browns and sticking my nose in thier affairs.
That's how you do business. That's great. I like to keep an open mind. It's not like this is some secret meeting of the minds of Steelers FO personnel. This is a website for fans. I have as much a right to be here as you do.

I go to the site of my favorite team.I know how important the browns are to us.They are so important,that when the originals left cleveland,i kind of felt sorry for them.plus it is two wins every year for us.but me myself,feel comfortable beating the original browns around.

There are Browns sites that I dont go to because everyone there is a Troll (even the Mods.) On some, if you aren't thoroughly convinced that the Brows are going to win the SB this year, your posts are then modified to say things like "I'm gay". Or they change the font color to pink or purple. It's automatic. Why would I go hang out with those arse rags? The only Browns site I do visit, the majority tend to think along the exact same lines. I like debate. It's hard to get a good debate going over there inside the realm of football. I get that here.

Even archie griffin would come out of the closet already.you hang here for a reason.....cause ya love the "STEELERS" nuff said.:coffee:

It doesn't make me less of a fan to say there are question marks on my team. It doesn't make me a Steelers fan because I say good things about the Steelers. I'm a fan of football. I hated watching my team play against the guy, but you guys had one of the greatest DBs of all time in Rod Woodson. It doesn't make me less of a Browns fan because I recognize the talent. I despised Cowher, but he was a good coach. I dont know who your GM has been these last couple of decades, but I despise him and his scouting department. However, they're pretty damn good at their job too.

I don't have to be a Colts fan to say that Peyton Manning is a good QB and that Marvin Harrison is a good route runner. I don't need to be a Patriots fan to say that Randy Moss (when he feels like it) makes a lot of bad throws into spectacular plays because he's such a physically talented WR.

I'm here because it's fun to be here. The debates, the difference in opinions, the jokes. This site is run well by a group of great people who happen to have the one flaw of being Steelers fan. I can live with that.

billybob
07-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah, personally I have never looked at a Browns forum to see what they are saying. I've found some Browns info on the leader-dispatch?? when googling to see whats the deal with staph infections at the mistake on the lake.

Maybe the Browns forums suck and some non steeler fans like to participate here. Either way, I got no problem as long as they arent trolls. I'm curious to see Mendenhall for the next 5 seasons...think its gonna be great.

I said my apology as best i could,but did not look at it that way.I ask my boss why do Cleveland Browns fans go to a steelers web site?He thought it was a joke.I said no,this is not a joke.Being a Browns fan all his life,and he is actually older than i(54) and i am 47,could not answer that question.Even in the lawyer terms that he uses Mon. thru Fri.But i actually like my boss,he does not tell our fans what our team should do and sticks bye his.......team.He said he has never came to our site too.He was not under oath at the time though.

xfl2001fan
07-28-2008, 06:49 PM
I said my apology as best i could,but did not look at it that way.I ask my boss why do Cleveland Browns fans go to a steelers web site?He thought it was a joke.I said no,this is not a joke.Being a Browns fan all his life,and he is actually older than i(54) and i am 47,could not answer that question.Even in the lawyer terms that he uses Mon. thru Fri.But i actually like my boss,he does not tell our fans what our team should do and sticks bye his.......team.He said he has never came to our site too.He was not under oath at the time though.

Seemed a pretty bad apology. If that's the best you got, I feel sorry for your peers.

I'm not the only Browns fan on this site and some of my family members are amazed that I did do this. However, they don't see anything wrong with it. There's no rule against it.

Did you know that there are Steelers fans on Browns websites? Yup, not just trolls either. There are two of them that I have a great deal of respect for on browns247.com.

Is there anything wrong with them posting over there?

Explain it to me. I'm not a stupid guy.

Preacher
07-28-2008, 07:16 PM

I spent almost a year on a Browns forum.. enjoyed it too. It gave me a different perspective on my team, their team, and other teams in the league.

not a thing wrong with that.

And I talked very little smack as well.

Sure, there were some idiots there... and eventually, I decided to leave because well... I just got tired of a few of the tired same old renditions of the same thing time after time....

But I welcome all who enjoy talking football, and can discuss the Steelers with a different perspective, without being trollish about it. It provides perspective.

billybob
07-29-2008, 06:55 PM
To each his own.Maybe my lack of mental capacity prevents me from relating to that point of view,but i doubt that very much! Blind in one eye,but i can see out of the other! Inhibiting my point of view is kind of unjust don't you think? I can not use "quotes" to make my point?Threats are of no value to me.Standing up for my beliefs are invaluable to me.If i stand alone,so be it. I always have,and will continue to overcome,and not expect someone to agree with my opinion.If i deserve (30) days,that would just kill me.NOT!!!!!!!! I will still remain loyal to my "chosen" team.

Mosca
07-29-2008, 08:21 PM
That's how you do business. That's great. I like to keep an open mind. It's not like this is some secret meeting of the minds of Steelers FO personnel. This is a website for fans. I have as much a right to be here as you do.

There are Browns sites that I dont go to because everyone there is a Troll (even the Mods.) On some, if you aren't thoroughly convinced that the Brows are going to win the SB this year, your posts are then modified to say things like "I'm gay". Or they change the font color to pink or purple. It's automatic. Why would I go hang out with those arse rags? The only Browns site I do visit, the majority tend to think along the exact same lines. I like debate. It's hard to get a good debate going over there inside the realm of football. I get that here.

It doesn't make me less of a fan to say there are question marks on my team. It doesn't make me a Steelers fan because I say good things about the Steelers. I'm a fan of football. I hated watching my team play against the guy, but you guys had one of the greatest DBs of all time in Rod Woodson. It doesn't make me less of a Browns fan because I recognize the talent. I despised Cowher, but he was a good coach. I dont know who your GM has been these last couple of decades, but I despise him and his scouting department. However, they're pretty damn good at their job too.

I don't have to be a Colts fan to say that Peyton Manning is a good QB and that Marvin Harrison is a good route runner. I don't need to be a Patriots fan to say that Randy Moss (when he feels like it) makes a lot of bad throws into spectacular plays because he's such a physically talented WR.

I'm here because it's fun to be here. The debates, the difference in opinions, the jokes. This site is run well by a group of great people who happen to have the one flaw of being Steelers fan. I can live with that.

I know you're not going to get run off here. Stick around. There are many things more important in this world than petty "color loyalty". That is a luxury for us. In reality, you can never have too many pals, and what team they root for is pretty far down the list when you start to choose them. :thumbsup: