PDA

View Full Version : Who are the sigmakers?

stillers4me
07-26-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm looking for for one of these talented people to kindly make a sig for me for this season. I'd like something with Parker and Mendenhall that says " Thunder and Lightening" with my name stillers4me on it.

Someone was nice enough to make me a sig last year, but I was never able to upload it to the signature line because it kept telling me it was too big.

Thanks for any help! :tt03:

stillers4me
07-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Now that I think about it, maybe it's too early.....there's no pictures yet of Mendenhall in a Steelers uniform. Maybe after the preseason starts would be a better time. I can wait if someone is interested in making it.

Steelman16
07-27-2008, 12:51 AM
If you find a pic you like of Mendenhall, I have plenty of Willie, so I can make you a sig.

I was the guy who made one for you last year...sorry about the size issue. SF has a certain limit.

:tt02:

stillers4me
07-27-2008, 09:28 AM
If you find a pic you like of Mendenhall, I have plenty of Willie, so I can make you a sig.

I was the guy who made one for you last year...sorry about the size issue. SF has a certain limit.

:tt02:

I'd appreciate it! Maybe we'll find one of Mendenhall after a couple of pre season games. Thunder and Lightening........I can't wait for the season to start! :tt03:

Steelman16
08-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey S4M, sig ready!

but.....

:banging: Just noticed that you wanted Thunder and Lightning, not Fast N Furious...sorry about that!

Lemme know if you like it as-is, or want me to change it to thunder and lightning.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/NavajoScout/fastnfurious.jpg

of course, it's better than nothing. :chuckle: jk

stillers4me
08-11-2008, 07:27 PM
I like it just the way it is! Thanks so much!

It's going up right now!

Edit: I just tried to upload it and it said this.. It's the same problem I had last year. I tried to upload it directly from my computer. Am I doing something wrong?

Your file of 44.8 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 29.3 KB for this filetype.

xfl2001fan
08-11-2008, 09:31 PM
I like it just the way it is! Thanks so much!

It's going up right now!

Edit: I just tried to upload it and it said this.. It's the same problem I had last year. I tried to upload it directly from my computer. Am I doing something wrong?

Your file of 44.8 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 29.3 KB for this filetype.

Have you tried saving it to your desktop and resizing it?

You may want to do that with a program like GIMP (free) if you don't have anything else.

stillers4me
08-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Have you tried saving it to your desktop and resizing it?

You may want to do that with a program like GIMP (free) if you don't have anything else.

Help me here......I can resize the pixel size but how do I reduce the KB? And how come nobody else seems to have this problem. Someone made me a sig last year and the same thing happened. They all uploaded their own sigs. I really don't want to download anymore programs on my computer right now.

The Duke
08-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Help me here......I can resize the pixel size but how do I reduce the KB? And how come nobody else seems to have this problem. Someone made me a sig last year and the same thing happened. They all uploaded their own sigs. I really don't want to download anymore programs on my computer right now.

it happened to me with the current sig steelman16 made me. he fixed it so maybe he can fix yours

xfl2001fan
08-11-2008, 09:56 PM

I'll see what I can do to help you out. Though it pains me to help a Steelers fan...

xfl2001fan
08-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Hey S4M, sig ready!

but.....

:banging: Just noticed that you wanted Thunder and Lightning, not Fast N Furious...sorry about that!

Lemme know if you like it as-is, or want me to change it to thunder and lightning.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/NavajoScout/fastnfurious.jpg

of course, it's better than nothing. :chuckle: jk

Try this one first
http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fastnfuriouseu4.jpg

If that's still too large...try this
http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2fastnfuriousdg5.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r316/xfl2001fan/2fastnfurious.jpg

xfl2001fan
08-11-2008, 10:07 PM

Once the pixel size is reduced, it should automatically reduce the KB once you save the reduced pic to your desktop.

Steelman16
08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks XFL, the sig size limit gets me every time...

Using big renders and Getty/etc sized photographs dramatically increase the size of each layer, so my sports sigs end up being too big.

S4M, lemme know if you still have any problems. I can change to a bitmap file if needed. Or perhaps '76 or HTG can manually admin-add it.

xfl2001fan
08-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Thanks XFL, the sig size limit gets me every time...

Using big renders and Getty/etc sized photographs dramatically increase the size of each layer, so my sports sigs end up being too big.

S4M, lemme know if you still have any problems. I can change to a bitmap file if needed. Or perhaps '76 or HTG can manually admin-add it.

That's why I don't normally bother with Sigs anymore. I used to be into that stuff...but a lot of work goes into the good ones...and then you still have to toy with it to get it on the sites, lol.

Resizing is simple though...so I have no issue helping out there. You do good work, even if it is for an ugly team! :flap:

stillers4me
08-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Yeah! The one at Photobucket works!! The one at image shack came out real tiny........that's what happens when I reduce pixel size. Did Photobucket automatically reduce the size or did you do it manually?

Thanks to you both!!

xfl2001fan
08-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Yeah! The one at Photobucket works!! The one at image shack came out real tiny........that's what happens when I reduce pixel size. Did Photobucket automatically reduce the size or did you do it manually?

Thanks to you both!!

It was a little of both actually. I reduced it some with Gimp and then let Photobucket do it's thing as well.

I don't know why Imageshack came out so tiny. The only thing I can think of is that I must have reduced it to thumbnail size for avatars when uploading it. Glad I could help. My charge is $1.298 and I want it in exact change! :flap:

Steelman16
08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Glad you like it S4M! I reckon the lower quality looks OK, the grainy-ness sorta goes with the graphic...

Aussie_steeler
08-12-2008, 09:25 PM
If you are having trouble reducing the size I can use photoshop to bring it down if you want?

stillers4me
08-12-2008, 09:51 PM
We've got it taken care of, but thanks for offering, Aussie!