View Full Version : Three concerns heading into camp?
07-27-2008, 11:09 AM
OK... lets discuss what we feel are our 3 biggest concerns this season going into camp. Feel free to pick each others concerns apart!
1. The play of the defensive backfield.
2. The play of the O-Line.
3. The play of the D-Line.
07-27-2008, 11:11 AM
07-27-2008, 11:40 AM
1. Ryan Clark and Troy are 2 players to watch in preseason
Troy is coming off 2 injury marred seasons and apparently was physically unable to perform at mini-camp, it is hard to guess what Clark's physical status is and Anthony Smith might be ready for prime time but I have my doubts
2. I would say it is hard to see how the OL could get much worse than last season but with this line-up of question marks (Smith coming off back surgery, Faneca gone, uncertainty at center, shaky right side of OL) the potential for a complete train wreck is there
3. DL is aging and could wear down as the season progresses - Steelers took a big gamble by not addressing this in the draft
07-27-2008, 11:57 AM
as long as troy and clark are healthy there should be no concern with the defensive backfield. with aaron smith back and woodley pressuring the QB the pass D should be even better
main concern is obviously o line, but I believe it will be better this year.
next is special teams. they gotta stop screwing our games
07-27-2008, 12:16 PM
1. Offensive line. Last year was horrible. We need better play accross the board. Faneca is gone, he was declining but he was still probally our best offensive lineman. Hopefully Kemoeatu will be able to step in and his energy will energize this line. And if Hartwig can play average at center the line will be better than last season. But if those things don't happen, our line could actually be worse.
2. Defensive line depth. As long as Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, and Brett Keisel stay healthy our defensive line will be very good, in the tops of 3-4 D-lines. But as we learned last year, there is little if no depth here.
3. Special teams. Our special teams has had a history the last 5 years or so of giving great field position to the other team and getting ourselves bad field position. This isn't the fault of Reed on kickoffs or Sepluveda on punts...our coverage team is horrible outside of James Harrison. If we could just get consitant on coverage, that will improve our defense because they won't be working with a short field so often. As for the return game, we couldn't really find anyone who could field the ball and give our offense a short field to work with. That has to change, someone has to step up.
07-27-2008, 03:14 PM
07-27-2008, 03:27 PM
1) overconfidence when facing inferior opponents.
2) playing great when 10+ points behind, but turtle shelling it, and playing way to conservative with a lead.
3) is kordell really gay?
07-27-2008, 07:17 PM
3) is kordell really gay?
LOL... I had some State Police connections and I heard a few "things" about him in cars with other guys....
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.