PDA

View Full Version : You heard it here first.

STEELAMANIA
07-28-2008, 12:15 PM
The Steelers will WIN the Superbowl this season. :whistle:

Lord Stiller
07-28-2008, 01:27 PM
can't happen, we are in a 'down time'

:blah:

xfl2001fan
07-28-2008, 01:28 PM

Got the quote, ignoring the sarcasm! :flap:

CantStop85
07-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Well crap...I guess there's always next year.

xfl2001fan
07-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Holy crap, the Bengals fans are already giving up this season before it has even started!:flap:

revefsreleets
07-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I dig the optimism, but the only prediction that I'm entirely safe making is that neither the Browns nor the Bengals will even get within' sniffing distance of the the big game, let alone winning it.

STEELAMANIA
07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Chad Johnson already ruined the Banguls season.....LOL

Preacher
07-28-2008, 03:45 PM

I like it when people have a firm grasp on reality!!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-28-2008, 03:55 PM
we might as well play for a top draft pick......

HometownGal
07-28-2008, 03:56 PM
I, too, love the optimism as I am the eternal optimist, but I just don't see it happening this season. I didn't see it in 2005 either, so I'm hoping I'm wrong once again! :tt02::hope:

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-28-2008, 04:13 PM

:blah:

No, we are approaching a downtime, with a 30% chance of a division title and possiblity of afternoon trouble in the trenches. Add that its injury season and you better stock up on the necessities like Iron City and Primanti's in case it is the end of Steeler nation as we know it.

I am predicting a 9-7 wildcard season and an unfortunate playoff loss to the Colts in the AFC championship game.

Dino 6 Rings
07-28-2008, 04:17 PM
I am Predicting Stomping a MUD HOLE into the Houston Texans.

LVSteelersfan
07-28-2008, 04:59 PM

Amen brother. One game at a time. And when we get through those 18 wins in a row one game at a time, we will stomp the crap out of whatever NFC team dares show their face in the Super Bowl. 19-0 baby. Let's get the shirts made now.

Oh crap, I sound like a Pats fan now. I will always remain optimistic that the Steelers will win every game they play. But we can't forget that Cleveland has already been anointed as the "PAPER CHAMPIONS" for this year. Kind of like Carolina two years running.

:rofl::sofunny::rofl::sofunny::rofl::sofunny::rofl :

19ward86
07-28-2008, 05:06 PM
What about the arena bowl? When can we win that?

The Duke
07-28-2008, 05:15 PM

:tt03:

that's it, kick every teams ass, one week at a time. super bowl is in 6 months

What about the arena bowl? When can we win that?

hey, philly won. that means anything's possible

HometownGal
07-28-2008, 08:42 PM
One game at a time.

That's the spirit! :thumbsup::drink: WIth the brutal schedule we have this season, not to mention the uncertainties associated with our OL and DL, I think taking this season one game at a time is a very safe bet!

warddj86
07-28-2008, 09:55 PM
I predict an 11-5 season unless we lose to crappy teams like last year (Jets, Broncos, Cardinals, almost Dolphins)

If we take care of our business we could have an 11-5 season with losses to:

Cowboys, Jags, Patriots, Chargers, Colts

Dino 6 Rings
07-29-2008, 11:07 AM
That's the spirit! :thumbsup::drink: WIth the brutal schedule we have this season, not to mention the uncertainties associated with our OL and DL, I think taking this season one game at a time is a very safe bet!

Its only "Brutal" because of the other teams performances last season.

Are the Titans, Redskins, and Giants really playoff teams this year? Is Cleveland really a 10 win team again? We get the priveledge of playing the best the other AFC Divisions have to offer because we finished 1st in the North. I like it and hope for that every year, bring on the Colts, Pats and Chargers each season for all I care, that means we finished 1st in the North. Well maybe not the Chargers since I see them losing the West to Denver this season. But still, the Jags, bring them on. And the Boys, as long as Romo is their QB I have no fear of the Boys. Bring on all takers. What does not Kill Me, Only makes me Stronger. Playoff football from day 1! HECKS YEAH!!!!!

xfl2001fan
07-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Its only "Brutal" because of the other teams performances last season.

Are the Titans, Redskins, and Giants really playoff teams this year? Is Cleveland really a 10 win team again? We get the priveledge of playing the best the other AFC Divisions have to offer because we finished 1st in the North. I like it and hope for that every year, bring on the Colts, Pats and Chargers each season for all I care, that means we finished 1st in the North. Well maybe not the Chargers since I see them losing the West to Denver this season. But still, the Jags, bring them on. And the Boys, as long as Romo is their QB I have no fear of the Boys. Bring on all takers. What does not Kill Me, Only makes me Stronger. Playoff football from day 1! HECKS YEAH!!!!!

Keep in mind that only 2 games each year are based on last year's performance. In your case, that's the Pats and Chargers. The Colts and Cowboys you were going to play even if last season you finished 1-15.

Next season, all but two opponents have already been decided. Same with the year after that. And so on and so on.

You have the "honor" of playing the Pats and Chargers, while the Browns are left with two (very much) lesser opponents. That's an unfortunate thing that the NFL has done in regards to scheduling. This is why the Cheatriots have the easiest schedule in the NFL after having gone 18-1 and losing the SB.

That being said, it's hard not to be impressed by your enthusiasm and optimism. You're certainly strong in your Steelers faith.

scsteeler
07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
I predict an 11-5 season unless we lose to crappy teams like last year (Jets, Broncos, Cardinals, almost Dolphins)

If we take care of our business we could have an 11-5 season with losses to:

Cowboys, Jags, Patriots, Chargers, Colts

I like this prediction but I think the Steelers take the Patriots, Cowboys and Chargers. i think the Steelers start the season out of the box slow and lose a few they should win and the browns will most likely take the first game but after that this team comes together and starts playing like a superbowl team.

Whether they make it to the big game I don't know that remains to be seen but this team will be much better than last years.

Dino 6 Rings
07-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Keep in mind that only 2 games each year are based on last year's performance. In your case, that's the Pats and Chargers. The Colts and Cowboys you were going to play even if last season you finished 1-15.

Next season, all but two opponents have already been decided. Same with the year after that. And so on and so on.

You have the "honor" of playing the Pats and Chargers, while the Browns are left with two (very much) lesser opponents. That's an unfortunate thing that the NFL has done in regards to scheduling. This is why the Cheatriots have the easiest schedule in the NFL after having gone 18-1 and losing the SB.

That being said, it's hard not to be impressed by your enthusiasm and optimism. You're certainly strong in your Steelers faith.

The Pats have to make 4 west coast trips, and have to play the Steelers, Colts and Broncos. Nothing easy about their schedule. 18-0 is highly unlikely for any team again in the near future.

millwalldavey
07-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Best. Post. Ever!