PDA

View Full Version : Attn: SFNFC

revefsreleets
07-28-2008, 05:39 PM
A few people still haven't signed up yet, which is no biggie but, you know:

"Prognosticators of the World, Unite!

Tomorrow..."

Anyway, the scoring is fixed now. Pretty standard fare, but I want to point out that WR's are VERY important in this league. 10 receptions yards = a point, and you get a half point per reception. There are also more WR's starting than RB's (3 to 2) plus a flex player, so bear that in mind when pre-ranking and drafting.

Here's a breakdown:
QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, D, DB, DL, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (0.5)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (25 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-3)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-2)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-2)
Sack (2)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Return Yards (20 yards per point)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
Tackle Solo (1)
Tackle Assist (0.5)
Sack (2)
Interception (4)
Fumble Force (3)
Fumble Recovery (3)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (4)
Pass Defended (2)
Block Kick (4)

43Hitman
07-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Does that .5 point for receptions go for RB's as well?

revefsreleets
07-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Yup. I think the biggest thing to bear in mind is the 10 receiving yards = a point. That's pretty generous...usually it's 25.

Steelman16
07-29-2008, 04:20 AM
Yup. I think the biggest thing to bear in mind is the 10 receiving yards = a point. That's pretty generous...usually it's 25.

I assume its the same in the AFC league? Not a big issue, just curious.

Looks like pass-catching runningbacks will be a hot commodity in this league. Too bad Willie doesn't know how to catch. :wink02:

The Duke
07-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Anyway, the scoring is fixed now. Pretty standard fare, but I want to point out that WR's are VERY important in this league. 10 receptions yards = a point, and you get a half point per reception. There are also more WR's starting than RB's (3 to 2) plus a flex player, so bear that in mind when pre-ranking and drafting.

so, I'll have to get randy moss again. great....

katk9
07-29-2008, 06:15 PM
I would like to know if the waiver time set at 7 days is correct?

43Hitman
07-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Okay dumb question here, but I have never played with defensive guys before. So I can see that you need a Def, DB, DL and I know what these are. So what does "D" indicate? Is that anybody you want on the defensive side of the ball?

The Duke
07-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Okay dumb question here, but I have never played with defensive guys before. So I can see that you need a Def, DB, DL and I know what these are. So what does "D" indicate? Is that anybody you want on the defensive side of the ball?

I think "D" is kind of like a flex position on defense, meaning you can use any defensive player on that spot.

I'm not too sure about this though. let's wait for an official answer from rev

revefsreleets
07-29-2008, 08:04 PM
All these settings are the settings of the AFC. I just "Plugged them in".

D is a flex player as far as I know, meaning it can be a DL, LB or DB.

Crushzilla
07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Good stuff, Rev.

I made up these points last year based on another league I really enjoyed. I feel like these settings really open up other positions you can rely on. Generally, Fantasy Football is ruled by running backs. In this league, though, good running backs or good receivers or even a really good squad of individual defensive players, can be your breadwinners.

I know we have some newer players here so I'll just point out a few things.

All the veteran players know to study the points BEFORE the draft. I know it sounds simple, but seriously, people don't always do it. I participated in a league that had RIDICULOUS point settings for kick returners. The third best player in points behind Tomlinson and Brady was Joshua Cribbs. So, be sure to know what kind of guys you want before the draft. You can snag some good players in the late rounds that would normally be passed over.

I assume its the same in the AFC league? Not a big issue, just curious.

Looks like pass-catching runningbacks will be a hot commodity in this league. Too bad Willie doesn't know how to catch. :wink02:

You're right. Pass catching RBs are very valuable in this league. With that said, so are high reception receivers. A player having a mediocre performance in yards can still have a respectable outing if they have a few receptions.

Rev is right. The yardage was set like this to kind of level out the gap between RBs and WRs that you normally see. I've had reliable receivers carry my offense some weeks. Obviously, pass catching RBs become even more valuable because they earn receptions and any yardage they pick up counts as much as a run up the middle. Rushing yards are also 10:1.

As a few people have pointed out, "D" is a flex position. Remember to look at the point settings for individual defensive players. The way Yahoo works is that there a DL and DB. DL is anyone in the front seven (DTs, DEs, ILB, OLB, MLB, etc.). DB are your secondary, obviously. So you have 2 DLs, 2 DBs, and any combination of the 2 for the D. You can have 4 DL and 2 DB (my favorite), or 3 of each, and so on.

On defense, there are a lot of points to be cleaned up, if you pick the right personnel. Remember, just because they are a great player (how many tackles does Casey Hampton actually get?) does not mean they are a great fantasy player. Also, Solo tackles are worth a point. That's as much as ten yards for an RB. Like receivers, I've had 2 or 3 defenders put a game away for me. Perhaps even consider one that does kickoff duties, as well.

Some of this may seem obvious, but its good to actually HAVE a plan.

Crushzilla
07-30-2008, 04:17 PM
I would like to know if the waiver time set at 7 days is correct?

I think it might actually be 3, but I would have to check.

43Hitman
07-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Good stuff, Rev.

I made up these points last year based on another league I really enjoyed. I feel like these settings really open up other positions you can rely on. Generally, Fantasy Football is ruled by running backs. In this league, though, good running backs or good receivers or even a really good squad of individual defensive players, can be your breadwinners.

I know we have some newer players here so I'll just point out a few things.

All the veteran players know to study the points BEFORE the draft. I know it sounds simple, but seriously, people don't always do it. I participated in a league that had RIDICULOUS point settings for kick returners. The third best player in points behind Tomlinson and Brady was Joshua Cribbs. So, be sure to know what kind of guys you want before the draft. You can snag some good players in the late rounds that would normally be passed over.

You're right. Pass catching RBs are very valuable in this league. With that said, so are high reception receivers. A player having a mediocre performance in yards can still have a respectable outing if they have a few receptions.

Rev is right. The yardage was set like this to kind of level out the gap between RBs and WRs that you normally see. I've had reliable receivers carry my offense some weeks. Obviously, pass catching RBs become even more valuable because they earn receptions and any yardage they pick up counts as much as a run up the middle. Rushing yards are also 10:1.

As a few people have pointed out, "D" is a flex position. Remember to look at the point settings for individual defensive players. The way Yahoo works is that there a DL and DB. DL is anyone in the front seven (DTs, DEs, ILB, OLB, MLB, etc.). DB are your secondary, obviously. So you have 2 DLs, 2 DBs, and any combination of the 2 for the D. You can have 4 DL and 2 DB (my favorite), or 3 of each, and so on.

On defense, there are a lot of points to be cleaned up, if you pick the right personnel. Remember, just because they are a great player (how many tackles does Casey Hampton actually get?) does not mean they are a great fantasy player. Also, Solo tackles are worth a point. That's as much as ten yards for an RB. Like receivers, I've had 2 or 3 defenders put a game away for me. Perhaps even consider one that does kickoff duties, as well.

Some of this may seem obvious, but its good to actually HAVE a plan.

Thanks a lot Crush. That clears things up nicely.

revefsreleets
07-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Oh, and a word to the wise: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, USE YAHOO'S RANKS! They are awful! I think one year they had Chris Hope as the top rated defensive player in the whole league, based upon THEIR default scoring system. Do your own research if you want to be competitive.

And if you get stuck in autodraft without pre-ranking a few hundred players yourself here's how your draft will look:

QB
K
TE
DB
DL
RB
K
DB

I may be exaggerating a tad, but, I'm telling you, I'm not far off...it's awful.

Crushzilla
07-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh, and a word to the wise: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, USE YAHOO'S RANKS! They are awful! I think one year they had Chris Hope as the top rated defensive player in the whole league, based upon THEIR default scoring system. Do your own research if you want to be competitive.

And if you get stuck in autodraft without pre-ranking a few hundred players yourself here's how your draft will look:

QB
K
TE
DB
DL
RB
K
DB

I may be exaggerating a tad, but, I'm telling you, I'm not far off...it's awful.

Right. If you cannot make the draft, be sure to preset your own rankings. It is tedious, but the entire process won't take you all that much longer than the draft itself, unless you are VERY thorough.

As Rev mentioned, the individual defensive players rankings are absolutely HORRENDOUS. I am truly baffled that they have not resolved this very obvious flaw in the drafting system.

This means two things:
1.) You actually have to know what defenders you want, since you won't have the luxury of seeing the general consensus of "best available."
2.) If you do autodraft and DO NOT preset your individual defensive players it is hardly the end of the world. Defenders are one position where you can clean up on the waiver wire. Trust me, every year a handful of "tackle machines" come out of nowhere.

EDIT: Seriously, its bad. Last year I think the first defender off the board was Dan Klecko, followed by Larry Izzo. Look those guys up....

katk9
07-31-2008, 03:33 AM
I think it might actually be 3, but I would have to check.
Thanks Crushzilla for checking on this, I don't recall having a week elapse before picking up a player from the waiver wire last year, I could be wrong, if I am, my fault.

revefsreleets
07-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah, Ryan, we should really set it to like 2 days, or Monday night at midnight...

I'm in a league where we do it manually, via the message board, last place to first, to keep the league balanced...meaning, whoever is in last manually submits their FA requests, then 2nd to last, all the way up to first.

Crushzilla
08-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, Ryan, we should really set it to like 2 days, or Monday night at midnight...

I'm in a league where we do it manually, via the message board, last place to first, to keep the league balanced...meaning, whoever is in last manually submits their FA requests, then 2nd to last, all the way up to first.

Hmm. I fear the logistics of the latter option may end up being tricky.

It turns out that the waiver period in the AFC is 2 days. Rev, is that what you have?

katk9
08-01-2008, 09:56 PM

It turns out that the waiver period in the AFC is 2 days. Rev, is that what you have?
The NFC waiver period is set at 7 days.

revefsreleets
08-02-2008, 03:34 PM

Is that what we are going with? Makes sense to me...

Yeah, the logistics of the other league are tricky, but you have a certain time frame in which to respond, and then you lose your pick. It has it's ups and downs. We only do it through Wednesday and then the waiver wires are open. It's mostly done to help keep the lower teams competitive and interested, so they don't bail...

GBMelBlount
08-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Revs, I'm good.

pittsburghp8baller
08-17-2008, 11:11 PM
i jus imputed the scoring system into fftoolbox.com and willie parker came out as the 29th running back! i guess the whole non-catching thing really is hurting him.

while reggie bush is all the way up to 12th on the list jus on the plain fact he is gonna a crap load of passes even if it is for only a couple of yards. ive never seen bush taken till after the second round in any mock i have done

oh ya btw, what is gonna be the max teams that will be in the league, we have 11 now we will stop at 12 or try and get 14?

revefsreleets
08-18-2008, 09:25 AM
We are both playing 12 team leagues. I take it we are still missing #12 then? I'll take a look and see who's missing...

revefsreleets
08-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I can't tell exactly because not everybody uses the same name...we are getting close to the draft, too...

We may need to call up a reserve...

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-20-2008, 10:11 AM
And it has some teams assigned several byes and some just one. Anyone know who our 12th team is

Same thing in the AFC. Only have 11 teams and and three of us have 2 byes while the other eleven have just 1.

43Hitman
08-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Gridiron Junkies checking in.

revefsreleets
08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't know who is missing, because I don't know who's who (like I said, not everybody has the same screen names) so I can't chase down the one missing person. Best I can do is hope they join up by, say, Sunday? And then we go to the bench and invite the next guy on the waiting list (which I think is Mill, but I could be wrong).

So, if you are in SFNFC, PLEASE sign up and join the league...time ain't on your side!

pittsburghp8baller
08-21-2008, 10:55 AM
im pretty sure i have the same team name as on here, but ill check in anyways, im good to go

Steelman16
08-22-2008, 02:25 AM
I believe my name is the same. But I'm in already, regardless!

43Hitman
08-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Umm slight problem on my end. Unfortunately if have a conflict with the time of the draft. My son's birthday party is at noon on that day. So I need someone to take my spot. Does anyone know who is next on the list?

GBMelBlount
08-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Umm slight problem on my end. Unfortunately if have a conflict with the time of the draft. My son's birthday party is at noon on that day. So I need someone to take my spot. Does anyone know who is next on the list?

It appears you may have your priorities a little out of order Hitman! lol....(j/k) Can't you preload your selections or do autodraft? :noidea:

43Hitman
08-24-2008, 12:08 PM
It appears you may have your priorities a little out of order Hitman! lol....(j/k) Can't you preload your selections or do autodraft? :noidea:

I can.. But those thing never seem to work right. Usually end up having 3 Te's or 3 kickers or something.

PalmerSteel
08-24-2008, 12:31 PM
I can.. But those thing never seem to work right. Usually end up having 3 Te's or 3 kickers or something.

have faith hitman! if you adjust them right they can work. thats what i had to do last year and i won the league! :tt03:

revefsreleets
08-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Sorry guys, i moved this weekend and just got my internet connected this morning...I'll get this all sorted out this afternoon...

GBMelBlount
08-31-2008, 08:05 AM
The waiver in the NFC is still set to 7 days. Could you take a look at it Rev?

Nothing like having two great defenses and no good running backs....I guess I'm going to have to do the live drafts from now on. lol. Looks like I will be doing a lot of "waivering" at this point. So what day will they be processed?

katk9
08-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Nothing like having two great defenses and no good running backs....I guess I'm going to have to do the live drafts from now on. lol. Looks like I will be doing a lot of "waivering" at this point. So what day will they be processed?
Based on the settings at the moment, all players are to clear waivers on Sep 7, next Sunday.

43Hitman
08-31-2008, 07:36 PM
My team is a little screwed up but not bad for auto draft.

QB Brett Favre
WR Andre Johnson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Wes Welker
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Jamal Lewis
TE Tony Gonzalez
W/R Lee Evans
K Stephen Gostkowski
DEF New York
D Jared Allen
DB Ellis Hobbs
DL Montae Reagor

He was cut by the Eagles yesterday bro. :wink02:

lilyoder6
08-31-2008, 07:52 PM
i didn't know we drafted def players.. the cpu totally f'ed up that 4 me lol

revefsreleets
08-31-2008, 09:55 PM
I changed it to one day...check back and see if you guys can makes moves.

Rudi Johnson in the 9th seemed like a smart move for me until he was released today.

He probably hasn't been arrested enough for the Bengals taste...I'm sure he'll land on a roster somewhere...

revefsreleets
09-01-2008, 10:03 AM
RRrrrrrrrrrr!

I don't know what else I can do...it let me make a transaction, but it's pending until the 7th...I may have to email yahoo and see what I can see.

I guess I would suggest making your moves and hopefully I can get the date moved up...

katk9
09-01-2008, 06:07 PM
It seems to be one of those Pre-draft settings, meaning whatever the value was (in this case 7 days for waiver time) it's keeping with that format. In past experiences with Yahoo, they will not change the date for this item. Hopefully the change will go into affect the 2nd week, if not, the 7day period will stay enforce.

revefsreleets
09-01-2008, 06:25 PM
If that's the case, then it double sucks, because I went through this line-by-line with Crush so that this site's settings mirrored the AFC's.

katk9
09-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Crushzilla replied to my question in regards to the waiver wire set at 7 days on 1 Aug., and asked you if you had the NFC set at 2 days. May have slipped your mind in re-setting it, but if we in the NFC have to endure 7 days for the waiver wire we'll just have to deal with it.

Re: Attn: SFNFC
Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=417830#post417830)

revefsreleets
09-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks for scrutinizing me yet again...this time publicly.

katk9
09-01-2008, 10:43 PM
The statement was not intended to leave you with any negative feelings, it was just a correction to an oversight, mistake, and we all make them. It's no big issue as far as I'm concern

lilyoder6
09-01-2008, 11:31 PM
:o.. oh well just something we are gonna have to deal with

and rev rudi did sign w. the lions 2day so maybe there is still hope

revefsreleets
09-02-2008, 11:24 AM
I sent an email into Yahoo. I told them I had previously changed the waiver wait to two days and it must have reverted back to the default. Hopefully they'll override it for us...

revefsreleets
09-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Not only were the changes not made, they also failed to fulfil their promise to get back to me within 24 hours.

I guess we just have to grin and bear it through week one.

The Duke
12-22-2008, 10:20 AM
KATK9 wins the championship

Congrats man

I should have started lendale white, lol. But excuses are for losers, you deserve this

katk9
12-22-2008, 05:04 PM
KATK9 wins the championship

Congrats man

I should have started lendale white, lol. But excuses are for losers, you deserve this

Thank You Duke

You played a great game, a competitive season, you were a worthy opponent throughout.

:thumbsup: :hatsoff:

millwalldavey
12-25-2008, 07:21 PM
I there an SFNFC/SFAFC championship as I have heard rumored, and if so, how do it work?

The Demons lie in wait...