PDA

View Full Version : Michael Robinson

clevestinks
11-20-2005, 07:05 AM
What do you think of Michael Robinson? Is he a protype qb? Would you be interested in the Steelers drafting him, in the mid rounds of the 2006 draft? Cowher has always liked the slash type players. He is a player that I would like to see in Black and Gold gear.

BB2W
11-20-2005, 12:01 PM
I am a huge Michael Robinson fan... I think he would be a great project QB, or he could be moved into the "slash" role. El might be gone next season, and Robinson can step into any role you ask of him. He could have probabaly been a great saftey if he wanted. He is strong, fast, agile, and one hell of a leader. He has good hands, and he is a great runner.

Yes Cleve, I would LOVE for the Steelers to draft Robinson. :smile:

Suitanim
11-20-2005, 05:42 PM
He will be a great WR/slash type, just as Vince Young will be. Neither of these guys will be able to play QB in the NFL, though. I think Troy Smith will get some looks as a RB/PR/KR type, but he can't play QB at the next level either.

This is an unpopular thing to say among partisan fans, but, as the draft approaches, the fact that none of these guys can play NFL QB will be more forthcoming...

SteelCityMan786
11-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Robinson will be a great fit for the Steelers. Great Skills. Great Versitality Great Everything. Heck When Release Terrible Tommy, We can put him in the QB Rotation

Steel - X
11-22-2005, 12:46 PM
He will be a great WR/slash type, just as Vince Young will be. Neither of these guys will be able to play QB in the NFL, though. I think Troy Smith will get some looks as a RB/PR/KR type, but he can't play QB at the next level either.

This is an unpopular thing to say among partisan fans, but, as the draft approaches, the fact that none of these guys can play NFL QB will be more forthcoming...

Vince Young will make it as QB in the NFL. Robinson and Smith will not.

clevestinks
11-22-2005, 01:43 PM
I would like to give him a shot! We took a chance on Tee Martin, didn`t work but we tried.

Suitanim
11-22-2005, 02:46 PM
This is just the beginning...expect to see a lot of print on this before next April. I can't find any sources even considering Robinson or Smith as NFL QB's yet...

Vince Young

2006 NFL Draft Prospect

from Matt Malott

Position: Quarterback

School: Texas

Height: 6-5

Weight: 235

40-Yard Dash:

Positives:
In his three years at Texas, Vince has exhibited great speed and agility. This will be a great help to him in the NFL when he wants to escape the pocket, and will allow for more flexibility in the offense. His arm strength will allow him to make the throws that any NFL offense requires him to make.

Vince also has good footwork that he has worked on and improved over the past few years, which will help him to make any movements necessary in the pocket, and allow his throws to be a bit more accurate. Young also exhibits good leadership and poise, which will allow others to trust him on the field and help him in pressure situations.

Negatives:
The biggest knock on Young is his release point. He tends to release the ball from a sidearm, almost under his shoulder. This may cause several throws per game to be batted down at the line. Also due to his release point, Young is not as accurate as he could be on some of his throws. Another area of concern could be his decision making.

While he is improving, he still tends to try and force passes when there is another easier pass available. It also causes him to leave the pocket a bit prematurely. With the exception of his release point, all these problems should be easy fixes.

Overview:
While most people think that Vince won't be playing QB in the NFL, with the improvement he's made as a passer, he will be an NFL QB. His speed and agility will make him the second most feared running QB in the league, and his arm strength will allow him to make the throws he needs to.

He'll more than likely need to change his release point, otherwise he will more then likely have several balls batted down at the line. Depending on what other players come out this year, Young will more then likely be a top 20 pick as a QB.

clevestinks
11-22-2005, 03:19 PM
Well we all knew he wouldn`t get the press of a Vince Young. But he has improved over his four years at Happy Valley. I never wanted to draft him high. And I would have never intended for him to actually start at qb for us. Just as a third string qb only. He is already better than Maddox.

SalukiSteelers
11-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Robinson is electric but I'm more curious as to who will be a better pro QB: Young or Florida's Chris Leek? Leek seems to have a pretty good arm but lacks a little bit in the mobility aspect of the position. I know the Gators haven't really done all that well this season but it makes me wonder if they couldn't have modified Urban Meyer's playbook a little to take advantage of Leek's ability to chuck it down the field.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Cowher loves the versatile players .. Hines, El, Cedric.. so why not, if he's around, he's too good of an athlete to pass up. I wonder if he'd be willing to play a slash role for us.

clevestinks
11-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Thats what I mean a potential slash role/quarterback as a third stringer. i am really not saying that we should draft him high like a Vince Young would be. Just as a day two pick if available

Suitanim
11-25-2005, 04:31 PM
I would welcome Michael Robinson with open arms as a 3rd/ 4th rounder in that slash role. He could be an emergency QB, but is more appealing as a WR and even as a RB.

I'm going to stick with my prediction concerning Vince Young, providing he comes out this year, which is not an automatic if they lose to USC and don't grab the National Championship. It would take a great deal of patience by an NFL team (Like 3 years) to groom him for QB, and I don't see any teams spending the kind of draft choice he'll command (with the commensurate high salary) and waiting that long when he could almost certainly contribute immediately as a WR.

clevestinks
11-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Good caLL Suitman

BB2W
11-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Vince Young said he was returning for his senior year, but he kinda leaves the possibility open...

"I'm coming back [next year]," Young told the Morning News. "That decision, I'm not thinking about it right now. I'm worrying about Oklahoma State and sending our seniors out with a bang.

"You've got to leave that decision open. But right now I plan on coming back."

link......... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2203045

KeystoneKC
12-01-2005, 04:12 PM
I would like to give him a shot! We took a chance on Tee Martin, didn`t work but we tried.

Oh man! That one still hurts. The Steelers took Martin at the end of the 5th round in the 2000 Draft. Marc Bulger & Tom Brady followed in the 6th. What would you give to have that pick back?