PDA

View Full Version : Post Super Bowl XL

NyGiantz
07-29-2008, 01:36 PM
After you guys took apart Seattle in that game, was your team disrespected or called "lucky", things like that or did people give you credit?

WisconsinSteelerMan
07-29-2008, 01:42 PM
The treatment the Steelers got was DEFINITELY disrespectful... We were "lucky" and "the refs handed us that game..." were all the talk in the sports rags... Of course, we in Steelersfeverland didn't believe that for one second. Of course, the team didn't help us much by having a horrible "hangover year" after the Superbowl...

I have seen the Giants' being called "lucky" and getting disrespected as well...

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Kaeg
07-29-2008, 01:47 PM
I still say Ben reached the goal line while he was still in the air. Nothing to do with his moving the ball after he landed. That seems to be one of the big sticking points for Seattle and it's invalid.
And Seattle's push off in the end zone was a push off. Technical as it may be, it was still illegal.

Dino 6 Rings
07-29-2008, 01:47 PM
After you guys took apart Seattle in that game, was your team disrespected or called "lucky", things like that or did people give you credit?

Welcome Giants Fan.

After XL we had to hear a lot of "refs stole the game for the Steelers" crap. Then we just point out that our defense basically smashed the Seattle Offense in the face all game long and kept the MVP from getting 100 yards or finding the endzone and pointed out that if Ben didn't have the worse game of his life, the game wouldn't have been as close as 11 points. 21-10. Final score. We flat out won that game. Seahawk fans still are bitter but we punched them in the face last year 21-0 and shut them the ef up once and for all.

Giants didn't get lucky against the Pats. Brady played bad most of the game, he' hadn't had a great game against the Chargers the previous game either and with the Giants D line getting in his face all game, it was a well coached and well played game by the G-men from the first to last snap of that game. They outplayed the Pats and deserved the win. There was one lucky catch, sure, but the 3rd and 11 play that kept the drive alive on the right hash mark, (I cant remember who caught the ball but he made a heck of an effort to get to the sticks) really showed me the Giants werent going down without fighting til the end. They earned their 3rd Trophy.

Dino 6 Rings
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I still say Ben reached the goal line while he was still in the air. Nothing to do with his moving the ball after he landed. That seems to be one of the big sticking points for Seattle and it's invalid.

The only call in the game the head of officiating indicated was a mistake was the 15 yard penalty on hasselback when he went to tackle Ike after the 4th quarter int. However when you watch the play, he dives at the legs of the d-lineman but misses and actually tackles Ike in error. The flag was thrown because the ref thought he cut down the blocker, when really he made the tackle. However that didn't decide the game. Our running game and defense won that game. Bottom Line. Had Ben not had a brain crap and underthrown Wilson, we'd have been up 21-3 in that game late.

fansince'76
07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
....was your team disrespected or called "lucky", things like that or did people give you credit?

This pretty much sums it up:

WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060205)

:coffee:

Mosca
07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
After you guys took apart Seattle in that game, was your team disrespected or called "lucky"

Only by the whiners and the sore losers and other people whose opinions are worthless.

We won our game fair and square, as did the Giants...

And you had the fortune to

1) Watch your team in the most exciting Super Bowl ever; as much as I savored our win, the game itself was a stone drag, and

2) Bring sheer joy to the 99.9% of the fans who are Patriots haters. It is great to see the underdogs win... it is absolute pleasure to see the underdogs take down a cawky and arrogant favorite, in such a convincing manner.

You earned it, and you now get to savor it. Rub their faces in their 18-1 diaper, and tell them it's not nice to poop themselves in the clutch!

SteelMember
07-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Only if you site every sour grapes fan and media person saying "the officials handed us the game".:crying01:

Now I see NFL network has our SuperBowl as #8 or #9 out of 10 as "the most controversial calls".

What a load of SH!T :poop:

Congratulations! Eli had an especially great game.
I usually say my 2nd favorite is whoever plays Dallas. Now I'll add to that my 3rd favorite - whoever plays NE.

millwalldavey
07-29-2008, 02:20 PM
I find it more satisfying to hear them cry about being ripped off! Its such a childish way to explain away a loss. Its just an indicator of the types of fans soe teams have.

Blitzburgh_Fever
07-29-2008, 02:30 PM
This pretty much sums it up:

WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060205)

:coffee:

God that guy is a douche.

fansince'76
07-29-2008, 02:32 PM
God that guy is a douche.

Being a douche is a prerequisite for employment at ESPN nowadays.

rbryan
07-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I just watched SB 42 again....... Loved it...... again.

The sports world, outside of patsieville, owes the Giants bigtime. Not only for sparing us the endless ball licking over the 19-0 season that we would no doubt have been subjected to until the end of time, but showing everyone the blue print on how to beat them.

It seems the Golden Boy is just like everyone else if you hit him in the mouth and don't give him all day to stand around back there.... Imagine that.

I love the line from Strahan quoting Mike Tyson....."Everyones got a plan till they get hit in the mouth"

xfl2001fan
07-29-2008, 03:07 PM
1) Watch your team in the most exciting Super Bowl ever; as much as I savored our win, the game itself was a stone drag, and

2) Bring sheer joy to the 99.9% of the fans who are Patriots haters. It is great to see the underdogs win... it is absolute pleasure to see the underdogs take down a cawky and arrogant favorite, in such a convincing manner.

You earned it, and you now get to savor it. Rub their faces in their 18-1 diaper, and tell them it's not nice to poop themselves in the clutch!

Yeah, the Steelers game was extremely boring. I listened to the first half of the game while driving home from Kittanning (sp?) (stupid military assignment) wearing my Browns jersey. (The guys at Kittanning didn't know what to think, wasn't sure if I was insane or really tough and left it at that. I thought, thank heavens, because I couldn't take half of the guys who were upset in a one on one, let along all 10 of them at once lol).

Nearly fell asleep at the wheel a couple of times. Went to my buddies house (he's a Dolphins fan who was also raised in WV, so he semi-likes the Steelers) and he hated that game. Not because the Steelers won (which he loved to rub in my face) but with how slow it seemed.

silver & black
07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Are you worried about what other fans say? Your team won the game, the Patr*ts lost.

No one gets handed the Superbowl. The Seahawks could have won if they played better... the Patr*ts could have won if they played better............ boo hoo.

Blitzburgh_Fever
07-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Being a douche is a prerequisite for employment at ESPN nowadays.

I thought you just had to love the Celtics, Patriots, and Cowboys, and hate Kobe Bryant except for when it's not popular to hate him*. ESPN is just so perfect for band wagoneers!

*also, you have to predict the Browns** to win the AFC and the NFC Championship, unless they don't, in which case you have to tell everyone you knew they wouldn't
**replace Browns with Saints, Ravens, Panthers, etc depending on the year

Hapa
07-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Yea we were really in the same situation you Giants are in now.

We were a wild card team, who had tons of away wins and won a Superbowl no one thought we'd win.

TheWarDen86
07-29-2008, 08:09 PM

If you're hearing that I'm willing to bet it's coming from one of the following fan bases:

-New England
-Jets
-Eagles
-Cowboys
-Redskins

*maybe Packers, but I doubt it.

Which is it?

...and don't worry, the NY Giants earned that victory and each one on the way there. They should have won the game in week 17 too.

xfl2001fan
07-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I thought you just had to love the Celtics, Patriots, and Cowboys, and hate Kobe Bryant except for when it's not popular to hate him*. ESPN is just so perfect for band wagoneers!

Don't forget loving Favre.

steeltheone
07-29-2008, 09:25 PM
And Seattle's push off in the end zone was a push off. Technical as it may be, it was still illegal.

Exactly...... A push off is illegal...Plain and simple:tt03:

Preacher
07-29-2008, 09:38 PM
http://www.steelertribute.com/XL_ben_is_in.jpg

I think that about sums it up.

CantStop85
07-30-2008, 12:57 AM
http://www.steelertribute.com/XL_ben_is_in.jpg

I think that about sums it up.

C'mon Preach, that's obviously photoshopped. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
07-30-2008, 03:32 AM