PDA

View Full Version : Sepulveda out for season

Pittsburghfan
07-29-2008, 05:25 PM
with a torn ACL

I will find a link, Also just saw on KDKA news.

entrobe
07-29-2008, 05:27 PM
NOOO!

Lambertfan
07-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Channel 4 just broke it.Aw S*&^T

fansince'76
07-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Not good. :banging:

9-5
07-29-2008, 05:28 PM
OMG this guarantees the Browns victory.......

or not. =D

Seriously, is it really that big a deal?

vader29
07-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Just got home from work and saw that on the post gazette homepage, wow.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08211/900321-100.stm

Hammer Of The GODS
07-29-2008, 05:30 PM
DAMN IT! :mad:

Someone please say april fool!

Pittsburghfan
07-29-2008, 05:32 PM
They said on KDKA that they picked up Chris Edinger on waivers. He was kicking in the Arena Football League. Or some Rauch guy we drafted i think i forget.

Big7BenHOF
07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NOW ITS JUST NOT GONNA LOOK RIGHT WEARING HIS JERSEY!

JohnstownJim
07-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Pick up Morten Anderson!!!

The Duke
07-29-2008, 05:41 PM
dammit!!

Dino 6 Rings
07-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Good. Now we CANT Punt and have to GO FOR IT EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Run Up The Score BOYS!!!!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know if Mike Bar is playing anywhere? He looked real good for us last preseason and the only reason he got cut, imo, was because we just drafted Sep.

headymessman86
07-29-2008, 05:46 PM
The man's only job is to take three steps and kick the pigskin.
What did they have him doing, linebacker drills?
Here's wishing Jeff Reed all the best during 7 on 7 drills.

The Duke
07-29-2008, 05:50 PM
OMG this guarantees the Browns victory.......

or not. =D

Seriously, is it really that big a deal?

yes, it is. our special teams coverage is already bad. sepuveda's punting made it a little better.

just imagine joshua cribbs getting some good yardage ( or tds :banging:) in punt returns against us

HEY!! get gardocki, he's never had a punt blocked :chuckle:

Does anyone know if Mike Bar is playing anywhere? He looked real good for us last preseason and the only reason he got cut, imo, was because we just drafted Sep.

arizona got him last year and they cut him at midseason. meaning he probably failed miserably

Preacher
07-29-2008, 05:51 PM

Good question.

It shouldn't be that hard finding a punter.

Maybe we can line up and throw the ball like they do in pickup football games!!

fansince'76
07-29-2008, 05:53 PM

Agreed - is Barr available? I thought he had a really strong leg last year too, he was just a half tick slower getting the ball out of there than Sep.

EDIT: Ehh, never mind....

He (Barr) was cut by the Steelers, but claimed off waivers by the Arizona Cardinals, who released their punter Scott Player on August 29, 2007. He was later cut on November 27, 2007 for a dismal 2007 season, finishing last in the NFL in punt averages.

Mike Barr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Barr_(football_player))

OneForTheToe
07-29-2008, 05:55 PM
That sucks, but these things happen. I just hope he rehabs comes back next season. Now, who is brave enough to break the news to HTG.:crying01::sadpace:

Dino 6 Rings
07-29-2008, 05:57 PM
I know one thing, I won't give up on the season because a 2nd year Punter went out with an ACL Tear.

Move on, find someone else to punt or better yet, Move the EFFING STICKS On 3rd down and this is a non-issue.

fansince'76
07-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I know one thing, I won't give up on the season because a 2nd year Punter went out with an ACL Tear.

Move on, find someone else to punt or better yet, Move the EFFING STICKS On 3rd down and this is a non-issue.

Yep, score every frigging time we get it and it's a non-issue. It's not a season-killer by any means, but it sucks that it happened now right at the beginning of camp.

The Duke
07-29-2008, 06:01 PM

exactly, this should only motivate the offense to be even better :helmet:

That sucks, but these things happen. I just hope he rehabs comes back next season. Now, who is brave enough to break the news to HTG.:crying01::sadpace:

not me

vader29
07-29-2008, 06:11 PM
They have claimed punter Paul Ernster off waivers from the Detroit Lions. Ernster played for the Browns in 2007.

MasterOfPuppets
07-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Yep, score every frigging time we get it and it's a non-issue. It's not a season-killer by any means, but it sucks that it happened now right at the beginning of camp. ummmmm , actually if season ending injuries are gonna happen, NOW is the best time for it to happen. at least now, they don't have to settle for the first guy that answers his phone.

fansince'76
07-29-2008, 06:13 PM
ummmmm , actually if season ending injuries are gonna happen, NOW is the best time for it to happen. at least now, they don't have to settle for the first guy that answers his phone.

Yep, and at least by it happening now, he truly will have a full year to heal up. It's still a downer right at the start of camp, though.

Atlanta Dan
07-29-2008, 06:15 PM
It shouldn't be that hard finding a punter.

Which is why you do not trade up in the draft to pick one

His last punt of the season set up the final Jax drive - nice kid and sad news, but there couild ceratinly be worse injuries to hear about

Atlanta Dan
07-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Just got home from work and saw that on the post gazette homepage, wow.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08211/900321-100.stm

This from the link

Sepulveda, who kicks with his left foot, had surgery to repair a torn ACL in April before his final season at Baylor. He punted that season and said today that he's not sure if rushing his return then might have lead to the re-injury now.

He said his knee didn't feel right during warm up Monday. An MRI showed a tear. He will have surgery soon.

So did he injure it before camp?? - Hmmmmm

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Sucks that D-Sep is gone for the year...Especially since I thought the kid had a good chance to be one of the best punters in the game this year......Oh well hope his rehab goes well and wish him the best....

Really I'm just happy its not Ben, Holmes, Parker, Mendenhall, Harrison, Woodley, A. Smith or somebody of that nature that is lost for the year....

The Duke
07-29-2008, 06:19 PM
It's still a downer right at the start of camp, though.

yeah, and a downer for him. just imagine how he feels, just beggining to practice and severely injured

GutterflowerSteel
07-29-2008, 06:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO - I just logged in and saw this. I hope he heals quickly - he's young and hasn't gotten too jacked up yet.

NJarhead
07-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Hey, can't Kordell Stewart punt? ..... I'M KIDDING!

tony hipchest
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
didnt ben have a semi-decent punt his rookie season?

sure was looking forward to sep on a trick play or 2.

how does a punter tear an acl in freaking practice?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey, can't Kordell Stewart punt? ..... I'M KIDDING!

Hmmm:huh:. I did see an interview with him today on ESPN.com and he said that he still wasn't retired... Naw nevermind.

Atlanta Dan
07-29-2008, 06:34 PM
didnt ben have a semi-decent punt his rookie season?

sure was looking forward to sep on a trick play or 2.

how does a punter tear an acl in freaking practice?

It sounds like he may have arrived at camp with the tear depending how you read the P-G story

NJarhead
07-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Hmmm:huh:. I did see an interview with him today on ESPN.com and he said that he still wasn't retired... Naw nevermind.

Stop it, right now. lol. Actually, I loved him as Slash and as QB only in odd years, but he more pooched kicked than anything.

Now on a serious note, do we have any back up LB's who can punt? :wink02:

NJarhead
07-29-2008, 06:50 PM
An a effective punter is nice but, at least we didn't lose an explosive scorer, tackler, sack machine or ball hawk.

Hammer Of The GODS
07-29-2008, 06:51 PM
It sounds like he may have arrived at camp with the tear depending how you read the P-G story

I heard Jeff Gillooly got 'em walking into practice! :chuckle:

redst3
07-29-2008, 06:59 PM
shit

millwalldavey
07-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I heard this on Sirius tonight...

I wonder if Gardocki is available?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-29-2008, 07:07 PM
I heard this on Sirius tonight...

I wonder if Gardocki is available?

Interesting fact. Did you know that Gardocki never had a punt blocked?:flap:

redst3
07-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Anyone remember Todd Peterson getting hurt? We ended up with Reed.

millwalldavey
07-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Interesting fact. Did you know that Gardocki never had a punt blocked?:flap:

Indeedie do!

billybob
07-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Gardocki is not the answer. I would rather have Roy Gerella.But it is certainly a blow to our already suspect special teams.Coverage of punts, whoever the new punter is,has got to improve!!!!!!! Maybe even to reduce the amount of times we have to punt would be a good answer.

steelpinstripe72
07-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I think the door may have just opened for my best friend. Holy shit...

The Duke
07-29-2008, 07:32 PM
I think the door may have just opened for my best friend. Holy shit...

how's he doing btw? last thing you said he was on the browns

Preacher
07-29-2008, 07:34 PM
I say we nominate HTG to fulfill the roll-- her or FS.

BOth seem to have a good leg swing and a nice follow-through when they boot trolls!!

:wink02:

steelpinstripe72
07-29-2008, 07:34 PM
how's he doing btw? last thing you said he was on the browns

They waived him. Had a tryout with the Bills last week. Now he's sitting home waiting for the phone to ring.

PisnNapalm
07-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Oh damn!!! I just got home and read the news on the PPG website.

SON OF A ()*&#)@(*&@)(#*$&#

This is not good...

redst3
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM
From Dale Lolley:

The Steelers have claimed Paul Ernster off of waivers from the Detroit Lions.

Hapa
07-29-2008, 08:11 PM
profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter! How did a punter get injured?

MACH1
07-29-2008, 08:12 PM
This day just keeps getting better. :doh:

VTsteel
07-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Sure not good news - But, definitely NOT the end of the world . . .

A little adversity is a good thing.

revefsreleets
07-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Ben is stupid, can't throw from the pocket and can't check down (XFL)

The Oline is in a shambles and can't block anyone (Too many to name)

Troy is done forever because he tweaked his hammy (ditto)

Casey should retire (ditto)

Kiesel sucks (ditto)

Parker fumbles too much (you know who you are)

Our CB's suck (yadda yadda yadda)

I'm sure I missed others, but...

I guess we are going 4-12 this year and playing for draft picks....

Preacher
07-29-2008, 08:34 PM

Kiesel sucks (ditto)

:chuckle:

Hey.. A year ago I was saying our CB's suck. They sure did play well last year.

Outside of that, well, I think we all are a bit worried about the OL.

But hey, Like I said in other places, every team has issues.

We will be fine.

43Hitman
07-29-2008, 08:44 PM
3 years ago I said that ST suck...They still do. I guess there is some things in life we will never have.

LVSteelersfan
07-29-2008, 08:58 PM
profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter! How did a punter get injured?

I bet that damn Anthony Smith hit him during a noncontact drill. Damn him. :flap:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-29-2008, 09:11 PM
At least it's the punter and not Reed or a big time playmaker like Ben, Ward, Parker, Holmes, etc.

And at least it's now and not two days before the season starts.

rbryan
07-29-2008, 09:19 PM

Kiesel sucks (ditto)

You think we can get an OL with that high of a pick??........lol

billybob
07-29-2008, 09:25 PM
I noticed there are a lot of different views on this subject. That is my precise point. They are views,vistas if you will.Special teams has been my concern for a long time.This only makes the matter worse.While most were bashing our o-line i had my say about the special teams.Never thought it would come down to our punter.Least it takes the focus off our "lines" and direct it toward the basics of what a successful team needs to have.It doesn't matter as much who the punter is as opposed to the coverage of his punts.That is where we need to excell now more than ever.Read between the lines. Thats special teams.

19ward86
07-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Paul Ernster....really?

WWIIOwheelz
07-29-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm a lot more bummed about this than I feel I should be, given that it's just the punter, for crying out loud, but hey--- it's the punter with the greatest hitting potential in the league! I so wanted to see him light someone up who thought he was going to get pushed out of bounds! lol

I'd still like to hear how exactly it happened. A punter has no business tearing an ACL, and ESPECIALLY a 3rd round pick of a punter.

billybob
07-29-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm a lot more bummed about this than I feel I should be, given that it's just the punter, for crying out loud, but hey--- it's the punter with the greatest hitting potential in the league! I so wanted to see him light someone up who thought he was going to get pushed out of bounds! lol

I'd still like to hear how exactly it happened. A punter has no business tearing an ACL, and ESPECIALLY a 3rd round pick of a punter.

Exactly,but it does put the focus on an area of concern,and that is welcome in my books.Still sad,but maybe the attention that is needed in that area will begin to take effect.

SteelCityMan786
07-29-2008, 09:43 PM
I heard former punter Josh Miller is on the market.

Maybe pick him up?

billybob
07-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Well being familiar,he could have a shot.I would not be afraid to try someone with less experience,but can boot the ball farther,and have some placement also.Lot to ask ,but there is an answer out there and we have time to search.

HometownGal
07-29-2008, 09:56 PM
What am I gonna do without my Danny Boy? :crying01:

I was absolutely shocked (and horrified) to hear of Dan's injury on the radio this afternoon. I am a realist, however, and though I believed Dan was going to come into his own this season as one of the Top 5 punters in the league since he had his rookie season behind him, this unfortunate situation isn't the end of our season. I only hope (and pray) that Sep's injury doesn't prove to put a damper on his future and I'm pulling for him to recover, rehab and get back on that field next season booting those pigskins. :tt02:

billybob
07-29-2008, 10:04 PM

I was absolutely shocked (and horrified) to hear of Dan's injury on the radio this afternoon. I am a realist, however, and though I believed Dan was going to come into his own this season as one of the Top 5 punters in the league since he had his rookie season behind him, this unfortunate situation isn't the end of our season. I only hope (and pray) that Sep's injury doesn't prove to put a damper on his future and I'm pulling for him to recover, rehab and get back on that field next season booting those pigskins. :tt02:

Well said htg.

steeltheone
07-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Damn....Bought Dan's jersey, fiqured this was his year. Well, hope he heals well and kicks butt next year......Why did we have to pick up an ex brownie?

steveironcity
07-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Im sure Mark Royals isnt busy these days

billybob
07-29-2008, 10:17 PM
The job is only penciled in,not set in stone,or written in pen for that matter.

billybob
07-29-2008, 10:19 PM

LOL,maybe he has a son by now that could help.

Preacher
07-29-2008, 10:26 PM

HTG....

You know, he may need someone to come in and nursemaid him back to health.

Didn't I read that you are/were a nurse?

:hunch:

You should be getting your resume together!

BlastFurnace
07-29-2008, 10:46 PM

No...let's try to get Harry Newsome or Dan Stryzinski:>)

Steel Pit
07-29-2008, 11:22 PM
A blessing in disguise, if the Steelers were doomed to lose a starter to a torn ACL then this was the PERFECT starter to lose. Thanks for stepping up Dan.

9-5
07-30-2008, 01:05 AM
Paul "I cant catch a perfect snap" Earnster?

Damn, you guys are desperate.

tony hipchest
07-30-2008, 01:11 AM

Damn, you guys are desperate.not so desperate that we would trade our best DB for one of matt millen's and the detroit lion's dregs....

talk about flotsam and jetsam.

next.

Preacher
07-30-2008, 01:21 AM
A blessing in disguise, if the Steelers were doomed to lose a starter to a torn ACL then this was the PERFECT starter to lose. Thanks for stepping up Dan.

:chuckle:

Too true, though I hate seeing ANYONE with this...

Galax Steeler
07-30-2008, 04:41 AM
I just hope he can come back next year and do well for us we should be ok there are punters everywhere.

redst3
07-30-2008, 05:13 AM
No...let's try to get Harry Newsome or Dan Stryzinski:>)

Bobby Walden is still down here in Georgia.

He's only 70 years old now.

GBMelBlount
07-30-2008, 07:05 AM
Heal up Sepulveda!

HometownGal
07-30-2008, 07:08 AM
HTG....

You know, he may need someone to come in and nursemaid him back to health.

Didn't I read that you are/were a nurse?

:hunch:

You should be getting your resume together!

LOL! Yes - I was a nurse (even worked as an orthopedic nurse for several years) and I'd love nothing more than to help Danny with his rehab. I'd also be more than happy to give him a complete physical just to make sure everything else is in proper working order. :wink02: :lust: :love:

http://postgazette.com/pg/08212/900451-66.stm

Torn ACL in right knee will keep left-footed punter out entire season
Steelers sign Ernster as replacement
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Punter Daniel Sepulveda, left, sits out the afternoon practice at Saint Vincent College yesterday. He was diagnosed with a torn ACL in his right knee and will miss the 2008 season. Sitting to his right is long snapper Greg Warren.The Steelers had to answer their critics when they traded a draft choice to get the opportunity to move higher and select punter Daniel Sepulveda in the fourth round last year.

Now they have to wonder if he wasn't damaged goods when they drafted him.

Sepulveda, who punts with his left foot, will miss the 2008 season because of a torn ACL in his right knee that the second-year player said bothered him since he rushed back to play for Baylor in 2006 just months after first having surgery to repair the same ligament.

He punted well enough that fall to become the only man to win a second Ray Guy Award as the nation's best collegiate punter and be chosen All-American for the second time in three years.

But, after numerous MRIs on the knee since his first surgery showed no tangible damage over the past two years, a tear finally turned up on an MRI performed by Steelers medical personnel yesterday.

Paul Ernster, 26, was claimed off waivers from the Detroit Lions yesterday to replace him. Ernster, drafted in the seventh round by Denver in 2005, has had a largely unimpressive three years in the NFL with three teams, including two terms with the Broncos. He punted against the Steelers for Cleveland in the opener last season.

The Steelers, who usually carry two punters in training camp, had none other than Sepulveda this summer.

"You have no control over when it happens," coach Mike Tomlin said. "We're paid to be light on our feet and react in this business, and that's what we'll do."

Since Sepulveda also held for Jeff Reed's place kicks, they must find someone else to do that job. Backup quarterback Charlie Batch has done it before, and Ernster also will get that chance.

Sepulveda had a decent rookie season in 2007. He averaged 42.4 yards a punt, with 28 of his 68 punts landing inside the 20. He was noted for his "Aussie Roll," whereby he could place a punt and have it bounce back -- which worked well when he was called to punt near midfield and could actually put the ball near the goal line and have it bounce back and be downed by teammates.

But his knee never has been right since surgery in April 2006 to repair the ACL, he said yesterday.

"The MRI always said the ACL is good, but it always had a little bit more glide than it probably should," Sepulveda said. "Nothing that was ever too much of a concern to not let me play but it's been like that for a while.

"It wasn't too long after I got it initially fixed that it was like that."

A repaired ACL can take up to a full year to heal well enough for a player to return to the field, but others have played more quickly after such injuries. The Steelers' Rod Woodson had his ACL torn in September 1995 and played in the Super Bowl the following January. Cincinnati quarterback Carson Palmer had his ACL torn in a January 2006 playoff game against the Steelers and returned to start the season that September for the Bengals.

But Sepulveda's return was quicker than those. He had surgery April 27 and was punting four months later for Baylor.

Yesterday, he acknowledged that he might have come back too soon two years ago, and it could be the reason for his problem today.

"I don't like to second guess the decisions I make," Sepulveda said. "God gave me a peace about that one, and it ended up working out pretty good. Obviously, I suffer maybe some consequences from the decision I made back then, but I'm going to be responsible for that and I'm going to be professional and move forward and deal with it the best I can."

Sepulveda said he mentioned to a doctor at Baylor that he did not think his knee was right.

"Shortly after I got my ACL fixed initially, it kind of shook on me a little bit, and it got real swollen, and I went to go see the doctor. He thought it was re-torn at that point."

But no tear showed up on the MRI, Sepulveda said, even though it continued to bother him.

"It was like the ACL was really tight before that happened and after that it loosed up a little bit. It was still structurally sound, but that's what they called it, they called it the little glide, your knee would slide a little bit.

"I'm not a doctor, but it didn't feel right."

Sepulveda said his knee bothered him again in the first practices Monday at Saint Vincent College, and the Steelers ordered another MRI. He said there was no reason to believe this one would turn out any different than previous tests.

"My knee's been shaky for a while now, but the MRIs always said it's good. Today the MRI wasn't good and I re-tore my ACL.

"It's just one of those things that happens."

SteelMember
07-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Grrrreat.

The article reads like it was a previous surgery that he did not give time enough to heal properly, and hasn't been right since. Yesterdays MRI found a tear others had not. I have a feeling our medical staff won't let him make the same mistake twice. He will sit, rehab and be back next season. Hopefully better than ever!

It seems odd that we only had one punter in camp. I know the job was his, but even in the past we had auditions for other kickers. If my understanding of the PUP list is correct, they can get a couple guys to compete and don't have to worry about roster spots until players on the list come back.

If we just score every time, this shouldn't be a big issue. :tt03:

atlsteelers
07-30-2008, 08:26 AM
I can only hope that we can pick up another punter once other teams make some cuts because paul earnster blows.

Atlanta Dan
07-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Steelers took a gamble on aggressively seeking a punter in the draft - too bad they were not as aggressive in checking with his doctors about whether Sep had complained about the knee post-surgery (Sep obvioulsy would say everhing is great -I would not expect amy player seeking a NFL payday to do otherwise).

The hallmark of Tomlin's first draft was tunnel vision once it was decided to go after a player - Timmons had poor pre-draft workouts and could have been obtained at a lower slot in the first round, Spaeth was an OT/TE tweener that nobody else apparently had slotted as high as the Steelers did, and the Steelers moved up to get Sep with no apparent effort to conduct due diligence on whether his knee had healed properly.

SteelCityMan786
07-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Grrrreat.

The article reads like it was a previous surgery that he did not give time enough to heal properly, and hasn't been right since. Yesterdays MRI found a tear others had not. I have a feeling our medical staff won't let him make the same mistake twice. He will sit, rehab and be back next season. Hopefully better than ever!

It seems odd that we only had one punter in camp. I know the job was his, but even in the past we had auditions for other kickers. If my understanding of the PUP list is correct, they can get a couple guys to compete and don't have to worry about roster spots until players on the list come back.

If we just score every time, this shouldn't be a big issue. :tt03:

Not to mention get a lot of first downs.

Lord Stiller
07-30-2008, 08:37 AM
The hallmark of Tomlin's first draft was tunnel vision once it was decided to go after a player - Timmons had poor pre-draft workouts and could have been obtained at a lower slot in the first round, Spaeth was an OT/TE tweener that nobody else apparently had slotted as high as the Steelers did, and the Steelers moved up to get Sep with no apparent effort to conduct due diligence on whether his knee had healed properly.

I agree with this except i think Spaeth was a good pick. Remember most people wanted us to take Tony Hunt with that pick. I'd rather have Spaeth and now Mendenhall!!!!!!!!!

Woodley looks like a steal where we got him.

But you are right about Sepulveda.....if we wanted to be aggressive and get a punter, we should have gone after Podlesh

fansince'76
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
.... the Steelers moved up to get Sep with no apparent effort to conduct due diligence on whether his knee had healed properly.

He made it through his entire rookie season without incident. How much due diligence should they have done?

stlrtruck
07-30-2008, 09:29 AM
This isn't the end of our season. It will take some time getting use to someone else other than D-Sep punting the ball (let alone missing the chance that he may knock someone flat).

It's an injury and the only reason it's a bigger issue than it should be is because he had the same injury 2 years ago. As previously stated, he punted fine last year (ok with the exception of the last punt in the J-ville game), and he did seem primed to have a breakout season.

However, things happen and we'll all have to move on and wait for his breakout year in 2009!!!!

Lord Stiller
07-30-2008, 09:36 AM
correct me if i'm wrong, but I think Sep tore both his ACL's in college

memphissteelergirl
07-30-2008, 09:40 AM
:banging: %$#@()$%@*!!!!

Atlanta Dan
07-30-2008, 10:00 AM
He made it through his entire rookie season without incident. How much due diligence should they have done?

Sep himself said the knee has not felt right since the surgery - he complained to the doctor about post-surgical problems - if you want to burn a mid-level draft pick on a punter who rushed himself back from ACL surgery (4 months is quick by anyone's standards - Woodson coming back for SB XXX was a rush job for one game & Tiger Woods will not be swinging a club 4 months after his ACL surgery) it would seem to me you would verify there were no question marks whatsoever if you are going to place that kind of value on a punter.

This is not case where a rusher took out his knee; his repaired ACL simply tore again (and my guess is was torn prior to his arrival at camp after never healing properly - constantly having MRIs done would indicate a concern something was going on). As far as making it through last season without incident, he never fell to the ground writhing in pain, but there were questions throughout last season why Sep's performance, while satisfactory, was not consistently including the boomers we had anticipated with the hype following his selection and featured a number of low line drives that were costly in at least 2 games (Jets OT and end of Jax Playoff game). Ed.B. of the P-G (admittedly no fan of the pick) stated the other punter in camp in 2007 outkicked Sep. Chronic problems with his plant leg might answer why these issues arose.

This is not a rip on Sep - he of course was going to tell the coaches pre-draft everything was great.

revefsreleets
07-30-2008, 10:13 AM
There are 119 D1-A college programs bleeding off graduating punters every year. There are only 32 openings currently in the NFL. They punt in the CFL, don't they? You can't tell me we can't find SOMEONE who can punt the ball decently...Wasn't Reed an unsigned FA when we picked him up? And look how well he's worked out. I'd think kicker were harder to find than punters.

Tankus_Maximus
07-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Chingado!!!!

Pinches cabrones!!!!!

Damnit.

fansince'76
07-30-2008, 10:58 AM

Damn, you guys are desperate.

Not desperate enough to trade our best CB from an already paper-thin secondary and a third round pick for an historically unmotivated lardass with a piss-poor attitude.

Go away, troll. :coffee:

revefsreleets
07-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Not desperate enough to trade our best CB from an already paper-thin secondary and a third round pick for an historically unmotivated lardass with a piss-poor attitude.

Zing!

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-30-2008, 11:18 AM
OK, can we just scrimmage another team so we can stop following the story lines like:

1. Our big fat NT is TOO big and fat.
2. The Steelers are approaching a "down time"
3. Our PUNTER needs knee surgery

What's next??? Tomlin might be contemplating a new haircut?? Or he is gonna wear new sunglasses this season??

Can we all get a grip and worry about something that matters. Hartwig vs. Mahan, Foote vs. Timmons, who is bringing the pass rush?? Harrison, Woodley, Davis, McBean??

rdsovchen
07-30-2008, 11:31 AM
They have claimed punter Paul Ernster off waivers from the Detroit Lions. Ernster played for the Browns in 2007.

Ernster!, Ernster!, Ohhh My God...Who's great idea was that....he is a horrible punter.
Isn't Wee Man available!:banging:

tony hipchest
07-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Can we all get a grip and worry about something that matters.

according to NFL.com-

Steelers suffer major loss, P Sepulveda likely out for year

now if the patriots, colts or cowboys lost their punter would it be called a "major loss"?

wtf is up with that sensasional headline???? they make it sound as if it were troy, ben, holmes, or willie.

i would consider the loss of a punter a minor setback. even if it were the chargers bennett or 49ers lee.

Mosca
07-30-2008, 12:11 PM
As far as making it through last season without incident, he never fell to the ground writhing in pain, but there were questions throughout last season why Sep's performance, while satisfactory, was not consistently including the boomers we had anticipated with the hype following his selection and featured a number of low line drives that were costly in at least 2 games (Jets OT and end of Jax Playoff game). Ed.B. of the P-G (admittedly no fan of the pick) stated the other punter in camp in 2007 outkicked Sep. Chronic problems with his plant leg might answer why these issues arose.

Good point.

fansince'76
07-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Ed.B. of the P-G (admittedly no fan of the pick) stated the other punter in camp in 2007 outkicked Sep.

The "other punter" in this case being Mike Barr. There's a reason that Bouchette works for the P-G and not in the Steelers' personnel department....

He (Barr) was cut by the Steelers, but claimed off waivers by the Arizona Cardinals, who released their punter Scott Player on August 29, 2007. He was later cut on November 27, 2007 for a dismal 2007 season, finishing last in the NFL in punt averages.

Mike Barr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Barr_(football_player))

Not saying Sep looked like the 2nd coming of Ray Guy last season, but he had a little better than a 32.2 YPP net average, which is what Barr had in AZ.

steelreserve
07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Ahh well. That sucks, but punters are a dime a dozen. No matter how good your guy was, you can always get someone almost as good at a moment's notice.

klick81
07-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Geez man...I was hoping to see him develop into a great punter this year.

9-5
07-30-2008, 02:24 PM

No.

And Leigh Bodden was our 2nd or 3rd best corner. E-Wright and possibly B-Mac are better. And least our lardass can run down the field 8 times with out quitting. Worry about your own damn unmotivated lardass on the PUP list, dude.

Lord Stiller
07-30-2008, 02:29 PM
And Leigh Bodden was our 2nd or 3rd best corner. E-Wright and possibly B-Mac are better. And least our lardass can run down the field 8 times with out quitting. Worry about your own damn unmotivated lardass on the PUP list, dude.

You obviously aren't familiar with Shaun Rogers. He has disappears for long stretches of game (perfect fit for your team)

fansince'76
07-30-2008, 02:38 PM
No.

Your secondary sucked last year and it's going to be worse this year, troll. Deal. And I expect your lardass to quit on the season around week 7 or 8, if the usual script holds, and I have yet to see a compelling reason to doubt it will. I'm sure he can run further than Hampton as well - just roll out a buffet table in front of him and make him chase it. And no problem - keep spamming up our threads with BS smack and you'll be shown the door soon enough.

HughC
07-30-2008, 03:00 PM
If we have to lose a starter, then let it be our punter. As mentioned earlier, punters are a dime a dozen. Dozens of division 1-A punters that were college seniors last fall are available, as are CFL players, and punters that will be cut after the first round of roster cuts. The sky is not falling, this is not the end of the world.

9-5
07-30-2008, 04:09 PM
You obviously aren't familiar with Shaun Rogers. He has disappears for long stretches of game (perfect fit for your team)
I am familiar with Shaun, and there has been no indication that he will be the same guy he was the last 2 years. He is a lot closer to the pro bowl Shaun of 2005.

Your secondary sucked last year and it's going to be worse this year, troll. Deal. And I expect your lardass to quit on the season around week 7 or 8, if the usual script holds, and I have yet to see a compelling reason to doubt it will. I'm sure he can run further than Hampton as well - just roll out a buffet table in front of him and make him chase it. And no problem - keep spamming up our threads with BS smack and you'll be shown the door soon enough.
Our secondary sucked because we had no pass rush. No corner in the NFL can keep up with a receiver for 5-6 seconds. Period.

And how is the fact that Hampton couldn't finish 8 100 yard runs and he is on the PUP list because of that "BS smack"? Is it because I am a Browns fan?

Hammer Of The GODS
07-30-2008, 04:47 PM

The Browns stink.........:poop: stinks

The Browns are , well brown......:poop: is brown

The Browns uniform looks like :poop: ....... :poop: looks like :poop:

Hmmmmm.......

Conclusion......

The Browns ARE :poop:

NJarhead
07-30-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't know, seems kind of easy to me. Browns have 8 Championships, Steelers have 5. Browns have a winning percentage of .540, Steelers are at .507 . Browns played in 10 straight championship games, Steelers have not.

Who has the edge in head-to-head games? :chuckle: That's right punk, we do. Let's not forget that there were only a handfull of teams back then as well. Your "championships" came after a total of what, 10 games (including the playoffs)? Shhhhaaaaaad up.

:wave: Ok then. Buh-bye now.

lilyoder6
07-30-2008, 05:17 PM
dan is not saying goodbye to the whole season.. there was word 2day that he might be able to come back later on.. guess we have to wait and see.. and hopefully we don't have to punt that much to wry about it

X-Terminator
07-30-2008, 06:38 PM
And how is the fact that Hampton couldn't finish 8 100 yard runs and he is on the PUP list because of that "BS smack"? Is it because I am a Browns fan?

Hmmm...

Worry about your own damn unmotivated lardass on the PUP list, dude.

Hmmm...

BTW DUDE, I don't care if you're excited about your team, but for the love of God, BE REALISTIC! Your team IS NOT a world-beater. The Steelers aren't either, before you even go there. Not too many people other than the anything Browns-haters on this board would give you any grief if you were a bit more realistic about your team and quit smacking the Steelers every chance you get outside of the Blast Furnace.

Get it now?

fansince'76
07-30-2008, 06:41 PM

I was talking about all the other crap you've been spewing since you've been here. I don't care if it's in the Blast Furnace, but keep doing it in the main Steelers forum, and you'll find yourself gone very quickly, just like one of your fellow Browns fans did quite recently.

Hamer
07-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Back to the subject of silver linings,

Here's another good thing about the injury happening now at the beginning of camp:

Sepulveda was Jeff Reed's holder last year. At least now they'll have plenty of time to get a lot of reps in for his replacement. (ask Tony Romo how important that is).

What do you think- maybe Dixon would be a good guy to step in there -
He'd be a nice option to have running some tricks!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-30-2008, 07:42 PM
I remember Big Ben having a good punt.......why not.....we all know he tackles well too..........

NJarhead
07-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Back to the subject of silver linings,

Here's another good thing about the injury happening now at the beginning of camp:

Sepulveda was Jeff Reed's holder last year. At least now they'll have plenty of time to get a lot of reps in for his replacement. (ask Tony Romo how important that is).

What do you think- maybe Dixon would be a good guy to step in there -
He'd be a nice option to have running some tricks!

That's a good point actually. Doesn't matter how good your kicker is if the holder doesn't do his job (and the LS for that matter....ask the 2002 NY Giants about that one).

Hopefully, the "holder-to-be" is someone who can stay on the team all year as I think we'll see more than one punter before either Sepulveda makes a comeback or the end of the season (which ever is first).

revefsreleets
07-30-2008, 07:49 PM
No.

Dude, WTF? Are you serious? if so, you are flat-out retarded.

Leigh Bodden was the only dependable proven commodity CB on your team. Eric Wright had a nice rookie season, but ever hear of the sophomore jinx? And he's a few gin and juice's and fatty away from shooting up a strip club ala Pacman. Yeah, he kept his nose clean last year, but his life almost depended upon it.

And Brandon McDonald? B-Mac?

There's a B-Mac who plays CB in the AFC North, but it ain't this poser chump.

This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen from a Browns fan...sorry, guy, but I live in NEO, follow the Browns closely, and you are WAY off on this one.

fansince'76
07-30-2008, 08:03 PM

Leigh Bodden was the only dependable proven commodity CB on your team. Eric Wright had a nice rookie season, but ever hear of the sophomore jinx? And he's a few gin and juice's and fatty away from shooting up a strip club ala Pacman. Yeah, he kept his nose clean last year, but his life almost depended upon it.

This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen from a Browns fan...sorry, guy, but I live in NEO, follow the Browns closely, and you are WAY off on this one.

They don't need a secondary, they have a pass rush now. :rolleyes:

HometownGal
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Our secondary sucked because we had no pass rush. No corner in the NFL can keep up with a receiver for 5-6 seconds. Period.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/Black3Car/dean_wormer.jpg

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son. :shake02::shake02:

NJarhead
07-30-2008, 10:20 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/Black3Car/dean_wormer.jpg

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son. :shake02::shake02:

Uh-oh HTG, you don't want to get '76 and I started on the Animal House quotes again. :wink02:

tony hipchest
07-30-2008, 10:39 PM
9-5,

is that the time you put in daily acting as a dumbass, or is it a 24/7 effort for ya?

HometownGal
07-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Uh-oh HTG, you don't want to get '76 and I started on the Animal House quotes again. :wink02:

Animal House is my all time favorite comedy! :thumbsup::toofunny: I have it on VHS and watch it probably once or twice a month for a good laugh every time!

One of my favorite parts is the exchange between Larry's good and bad conscience. :rofl::rofl:

(Sorry for the hijacking folks!) :chuckle:

NJarhead
07-31-2008, 12:12 AM
Animal House is my all time favorite comedy! :thumbsup::toofunny: I have it on VHS and watch it probably once or twice a month for a good laugh every time!

One of my favorite parts is the exchange between Larry's good and bad conscience. :rofl::rofl:

(Sorry for the hijacking folks!) :chuckle:

Classic. I like anything with Belushi. "SIX years of college down the drain..."

9-5
07-31-2008, 02:01 AM

Don't you think it would be a little stupid to trade our "best corner" and a draft pick for a "unmotivated out of shape" NT? I do. I still don't know why people think Leigh was good, he is a big play guy. He either makes the big play, or gives it up, and he gave up alot more then he made. Besides, he couldn't stay healthy anyway. And E-Wright is nowhere near Adam Jones. One little slip up in college and he gets treated like Mike Vick.

9-5,is that the time you put in daily acting as a dumbass, or is it a 24/7 effort for ya?
Is there a point to this post? Don't waste your time and mine by posting a meaningless personal attack. If you must, do it in PM form. You are only stirring the pot by trying to provoke me into something.

revefsreleets
07-31-2008, 09:52 AM
"B-mac" (The shitty one on the Browns, not Bryant McFadden) will get more lit up this year than Cheech and Chong at a NORML convention.

Eric Wright is going to be asked to do way too much this year for one guy.

Welcome to many, many high scoring games, Browns fans!

xfl2001fan
07-31-2008, 10:33 AM
The last time the Browns fielded a set of corners this young didn't turn out so bad. (Dixon/Minnefield).

Yeah, it's a streth to assume they'll play that well when they're that young, but then again, I've heard a lot of stuff about some Mendenhall/Sweed guys that's even more unproven than what the Browns are fielding.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah, it's a streth to assume they'll play that well when they're that young, but then again, I've heard a lot of stuff about some Mendenhall/Sweed guys that's even more unproven than what the Browns are fielding.

The only thing is that Mendenhall was called the best RB in the Draft by guys like Mayock and Sweed was the best WR prospect this time last year until he injured his wrist in college.

Eric Wright was a kid that transferred to Arizona from USC I think because of some off field issues, then projected as a 3rd round pick with some good upside. I think Wright will be a good player, but thought Youbouty was the #2 CB prospect on the clowns.

Browns pass rush is more important than ever with the weak DB situation. Conversely, the Steelers need more pressure to take some off Taylor, Townsend, McFadden.

revefsreleets
07-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Wright/McDonald = Dixon/Minnefield?

Step away from the crack pipe!

Lord Stiller
07-31-2008, 02:02 PM

difference is Mendenhall/Sweed aren't starters.

your team is crap and fielding crappy players

xfl2001fan
07-31-2008, 02:46 PM
The only thing is that Mendenhall was called the best RB in the Draft by guys like Mayock and Sweed was the best WR prospect this time last year until he injured his wrist in college.

Eric Wright was a kid that transferred to Arizona from USC I think because of some off field issues, then projected as a 3rd round pick with some good upside. I think Wright will be a good player, but thought Youbouty was the #2 CB prospect on the clowns.

Browns pass rush is more important than ever with the weak DB situation. Conversely, the Steelers need more pressure to take some off Taylor, Townsend, McFadden.

I agree wholeheartedly that Browns pass rush is extremely important. The play of our D-line is going to dictate how the rest of the defense plays.

I meant to say I've heard talk around this site about how good Sweed and Mendenhall are going to be. That's where my reference came in. I know about Wright, he was a first round talent with 4th round trouble on his name. The Browns moved up to take him 2nd. So far, it doesn't look like it was a terrible thing as he got much better as the season progresses. We'll need for that progression to continue if we have any hope of coming out of this season with a winning record.

xfl2001fan
07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Wright/McDonald = Dixon/Minnefield?

Step away from the crack pipe!

You need to step back first. I didn't say that they were Dixon/Minnefield.

Thank you for another classic example of a fan wanting to look cool in front of his friends by making asinine assumptions about something I've said. (You're getting good at that.)

In fact, I followed up that statement with a "That's a Stretch" (though I did misspell stretch) statement.

difference is Mendenhall/Sweed aren't starters.

your team is crap and fielding crappy players

My team was 10-6 last season. My team has made significant improvements on our Offensive line these last couple of seasons and at least attempted to improve the D-line (we'll see how that plays out.)

It's also a team with several Pro-Bowlers as well as Pro-Bowl caliber players.

I don't know what about this situation dictates being a crap team fielding crappy players. Unless you decided to join revefsreleets as a guy who just wants to talk smack for the purpose of talking smack.

stlrtruck
07-31-2008, 03:34 PM
My team was 10-6 last season. My team has made significant improvements on our Offensive line these last couple of seasons and at least attempted to improve the D-line (we'll see how that plays out.)

It's also a team with several Pro-Bowlers as well as Pro-Bowl caliber players.

I don't know what about this situation dictates being a crap team fielding crappy players. Unless you decided to join revefsreleets as a guy who just wants to talk smack for the purpose of talking smack.

As I stated previously (somewhere), it's not all about the Pro-Bowlers. It's about the Pro-Bowlers being able to work together. The browns just haven't gotten their yet. While I'm anticipating a good two games against them, I still see that they're missing a few specs of glue on the team. Someone to keep the inexperienced in line when the times get tough and games are down to the wire.

I'll always think every team the browns put on the field is "crappy" but as a fan of football, you really have to look at what they've done this offseason and the talent they have in the locker room. It's just not enough to beat the Steelers.

But like you said, We'll see how that pans out!

xfl2001fan
07-31-2008, 04:03 PM
As I stated previously (somewhere), it's not all about the Pro-Bowlers. It's about the Pro-Bowlers being able to work together. The browns just haven't gotten their yet. While I'm anticipating a good two games against them, I still see that they're missing a few specs of glue on the team. Someone to keep the inexperienced in line when the times get tough and games are down to the wire.

I'll always think every team the browns put on the field is "crappy" but as a fan of football, you really have to look at what they've done this offseason and the talent they have in the locker room. It's just not enough to beat the Steelers.

But like you said, We'll see how that pans out!

I understand the difference between a couple of Pro Bowlers and a complete team. But for that guy to say we are fielding a crap team of crappy players is going too far.

We have guys who are (deservedly so) being questioned. We have some ex-probowlers who are (deservedly so) being questioned. However, to infer that our entire team is crap is a crap statement.

I understand the Steelers fan base talking down the Browns and asking for us to show you we can win important games. The Steelers has had our number since we came back.

But Phil has (slowly) put together a pretty good corps group of players that we can build around. He's still working on the finishing pieces. There isn't a single team in the NFL that doesn't have question marks on it's team. The Browns are certainly far from an exception to that.

As for the talent to beat the Steelers, I think we've got the talent to beat you guys. And not in a "any given Sunday" sense. That's not to say that we'd dominate, because i'm not trying to infer that. However, I think the pieces are coming together nicely and the timing is right.

Naturally, that's my right as a fan to believe that statement. I will not guarantee a victory, because we all know anything can happen.

I will say this, in W2, when we face you guys, I hope that both of our teams are at full health. This way it's up to the coaches to call the right plays and the players to execute. If you win, it'll be because of some combination of being outcoached/outplayed and if we win, it'll be the same. I don't want lingering questions throughout the season as to why the game was won/lost.

Regardless of the outcome, I'll still be here posting.

stlrtruck
07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
I understand the difference between a couple of Pro Bowlers and a complete team. But for that guy to say we are fielding a crap team of crappy players is going too far.

We have guys who are (deservedly so) being questioned. We have some ex-probowlers who are (deservedly so) being questioned. However, to infer that our entire team is crap is a crap statement.

I understand the Steelers fan base talking down the Browns and asking for us to show you we can win important games. The Steelers has had our number since we came back.

But Phil has (slowly) put together a pretty good corps group of players that we can build around. He's still working on the finishing pieces. There isn't a single team in the NFL that doesn't have question marks on it's team. The Browns are certainly far from an exception to that.

As for the talent to beat the Steelers, I think we've got the talent to beat you guys. And not in a "any given Sunday" sense. That's not to say that we'd dominate, because i'm not trying to infer that. However, I think the pieces are coming together nicely and the timing is right.

Naturally, that's my right as a fan to believe that statement. I will not guarantee a victory, because we all know anything can happen.

I will say this, in W2, when we face you guys, I hope that both of our teams are at full health. This way it's up to the coaches to call the right plays and the players to execute. If you win, it'll be because of some combination of being outcoached/outplayed and if we win, it'll be the same. I don't want lingering questions throughout the season as to why the game was won/lost.

Regardless of the outcome, I'll still be here posting.

I enjoy your posts here. You seem like an intelligent football fan at the least (I'd say intelligent browns fan but that would be an oxymoron :toofunny: :flap:).

Seriously, you guys do have a talented team but, IMHO, you are somewhere between the bungals talented team with no leadership and the team making waves the next serveral years. While Savage has done a good job of putting it together, the coaches haven't done a good job of keeping it together for an entire season.

I hope in W2 that everyone is healthy too. I hate the excuse, "You only won because (insert athlete's name here) was injured!" In all actuality if you're a player in the NFL you should be able to play regardless of what string you play. If you suit up, you should perform. But that's just me.

As for the reference to your team being crappy. In all honesty, you have to look at what board you're on. While I can talk intelligent football (at least up to a certain point), talking smack about a rival is down right funny (most times). And really the more a fan reacts to it the funnier it becomes. And really, it doesn't matter if the browns sweep us, they'll still be a "crappy" team. :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

I would hope you wouldn't leave after the browns lose W2...it would only prove that you were a troll.

Steelman16
08-01-2008, 05:04 AM
Holy crud, I just saw this! :jawdrop:

Best wishes Sep, get well soon. We'll need ya next year. :tt02:

billybob
08-01-2008, 11:53 AM
There are 119 D1-A college programs bleeding off graduating punters every year. There are only 32 openings currently in the NFL. They punt in the CFL, don't they? You can't tell me we can't find SOMEONE who can punt the ball decently...Wasn't Reed an unsigned FA when we picked him up? And look how well he's worked out. I'd think kicker were harder to find than punters.

Good point,wasn't Willie Parker an undrafted free agent as well.I hope Charlie Batch wins the snap job for place kicks that Sep. left vaccant.I could see some exciting things coming out of that combination.

billybob
08-01-2008, 12:07 PM
according to NFL.com-

now if the patriots, colts or cowboys lost their punter would it be called a "major loss"?

wtf is up with that sensasional headline???? they make it sound as if it were troy, ben, holmes, or willie.

i would consider the loss of a punter a minor setback. even if it were the chargers bennett or 49ers lee.

A lot of the "major loss" crap might stem from a perspective that our special teams sucked anyway.We lossed a major component in an area that needed improvement to the fullest extent of its capabilities.I think it will all be resolved ,and to the satisfaction,of all concerned i might add.

9-5
08-01-2008, 12:56 PM

Transferred to UNLV, not USC.

I agree with you on the pass rush. Taylor, McFadden, and Townsend are average corners. However, your front 7's ability to pressure the QB makes them look better then they are. If the Browns can generate a pass rush even a little better then last year, E-Wright and B-Mac will look better. Not to say they won't get burned, but it will be less often with a good pass rush.

Welcome To Smashmouth
08-06-2008, 02:09 PM
I've watched the steelers offseason too closely to let a headline like "SEPULVEDA OUT FOR SEASON" to slip past my radar.....

please tell me it was a James Walker typo!!!!!!

xfl2001fan
08-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Sorry bro, your punter is done for the season. However, I did read that the punk brought in had some really nice punts last practice (or so) to include 3 50+ yarders.

OneForTheToe
08-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I also read that our new punter used to kick off. Seriously, if he can boom kickoffs, I'll accept average punts from him. I like Jeff Reed, but by the latter part of the season, his kickoffs to the 15 yard line are just momentum killers.

revefsreleets
08-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Transferred to UNLV, not USC.

I agree with you on the pass rush. Taylor, McFadden, and Townsend are average corners. However, your front 7's ability to pressure the QB makes them look better then they are. If the Browns can generate a pass rush even a little better then last year, E-Wright and B-Mac will look better. Not to say they won't get burned, but it will be less often with a good pass rush.

Thanks! Every time you type something, you dig yourself a deeper and deeper hole.

Townsend is as solid of a technique corner as any in the NFL, and Ike is LOADED with talent. Eric Wright would be a nickel back on the Steelers this year or any other, and he's the best you've got now that Bodden is gone.

This is almost too easy.