PDA

View Full Version : Despite gag order, Chad Johnson still talking

Blitzburgh_Fever
07-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Few days old, but didn't see it posted.

Sheri Forde at Bengals Camp (July 28, 2008)
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=244761&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nfl

Once again, Cincinnati Bengals star receiver Chad Johnson has imposed a gag order on himself when it comes to dealing with the local media. So when Johnson reported to training camp on time as promised, he was not his charismatic self. While spurning the local reporters, however, Johnson just couldn't resist talking to ESPN.

Why the snub-job for the local reporters?

"I don't think they love me," Johnson said.

If Johnson was looking for love, he went about it in a strange way this off-season by playing hardball with team management. The Bengals called his bluff when he threatened to sit out if he wasn't traded, and he claims that dispute is behind him as training camp started.

"I'm good, I'm good," Johnson said. "I'm excited to be back."

Or was he? Johnson couldn't help but take a few facetious shots at quarterback Carson Palmer, just stir things up.

"Me and Carson, I mean, we're fighting and bickering a lot and he's pissing me off," Johnson said flatly. "But other than that, you know, it's cool."

When the ESPN reporter laughed at that response, a stone-face Johnson kept it up.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked. "I'm serious."

The reporter admitted it was never easy to tell.

"I'm serious," Johnson repeated. "Carson and I are going to fight in camp. I'm just telling you now. We're going to frustrate each other, and I'm going to hit him in his knee - the bad one… We have a great relationship but sometimes you fight."

Palmer laughed off Johnson's diatribe.

"This is my sixth year dealing with it," Palmer said. "I'm used to it now. He brings a little excitement to the game - a little bit of light at times in training camp when it seems dark and you're tired and sore and beat up. And he makes you laugh every once in a while during those times, so it's fun having a guy like him around."

Johnson is still not medically cleared to play after off-season ankle surgery to remove bone spurs.

"There is no timetable," said head coach Marvin Lewis. "It's when he can prove he's ready to practice and play football."

That has Johnson seriously peeved.

"I'm frustrated right now because they won't let me practice," Johnson said. "So I have some new frustration. Other than that, I'm ready to rock."

Man I love this guy. Hopefully he'll take a trip to Cinci and punch Joshua Cribbs while he's at it. Then he could go to Baltimore and...eh, who am I kidding, I'm not the least bit worried about the Ravens. :tt02:

On a more serious note, I can totally understand what he's getting at, in high school I'd get into it with guys on our team and the next day it'd be nothing. But saying he's going to hit him in his bad knee? :jawdrop: That's taking it a bit far, if you ask me. At least Palmer realizes he's all talk.

And damn Chad Johnson and Chris Henry for making me start to feel bad for Palmer :banging:

JPPT1974
07-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Definately the guy is full of it
If you know what I mean!

stillers4me
07-30-2008, 05:50 AM
Definately the guy is full of it
If you know what I mean!

I'm not sure which it is.........Chad full of it or just full of himself. :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
07-30-2008, 07:54 AM
When himself is the "it", it makes your pondering look redundant (and repetitive too)! :flap:

revefsreleets
07-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Punk-assed, overrated, gold toofed thug.

memphissteelergirl
07-30-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure which it is.........Chad full of it or just full of himself. :chuckle:

Aren't they one in the same? :wink02::chuckle:

HometownGal
07-30-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm so sick of hearing this peckerhead flapping his yap. I wish he'd go take a swim in some quicksand.

xfl2001fan
07-31-2008, 05:10 AM
Why would you wish that on the quicksand?

HometownGal
07-31-2008, 06:13 AM
Why would you wish that on the quicksand?

True. I'm sure the quicksand would quickly spit him out. :chuckle:

Glace
07-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Punk-assed, overrated, gold toofed thug.

:drink:

All that ever needs to be said