PDA

View Full Version : Will our streak end against the Browns?

warddj86
07-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Hear me out, I mean

the last week of the season we play cleveland in pittsburgh.

if we already clinched the division, will tomlin rest ben, hines, willie, limas, and co.

cuz if we play the browns with our backups, we probably won't win, and i want the streak to continue.

Thoughts?

Lord Stiller
07-30-2008, 02:42 PM
i think we can still beat the turds with our backups and Steely McBeam at qb

Edman
07-30-2008, 02:51 PM
All streaks will end sometime. One day the Browns will get one up on the Steelers. Thought the Browns were insufferable trash talkers now, wait until we lose a game to them.

Just like how one day we'll beat the Patriots and Jags.

9-5
07-30-2008, 02:59 PM
We will not win week 17 because we are resting for the playoffs. We will win week 2.

stlrtruck
07-30-2008, 03:01 PM
I see Ben retiring having never lost to the clowns. As for the last game of the season, I still predict that Tomlin will make sure whoever is starting understands that this is a rivalry and we hate losing to them.

stlrtruck
07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
We will not win week 17 because we are resting for the playoffs. We will win week 2.

Do you get a direct import from Columbia or do you buy your stuff off the streets? :rofl:

It would surprise me if the browns made the playoffs this year. Next year might be their next run into the playoffs. I just think that after last year's run, no one will be surprised (or should I say no one should be surprised) by them. So they'll be ready for a dog fight (no pun intended).

Clowns end up 8-8 or 9-7, one game short of the playoffs.

Hamer
07-30-2008, 03:10 PM

LOL!!!

Seriously, all I want for Christmas is a Super Bowl trophy.
To paraphrase Dennis Green, The turds are who we think they are.

Sweeping them again would just be icing on the cake, but there are bigger prizes!

SteelMember
07-30-2008, 03:18 PM

After mortgaging their future in this years draft, the clowns will resting (at home) for a awhile. :thumbsup:

Playoffs, Playoffs? :laughing: and a bye? :laughing::crazy01:

Edman
07-30-2008, 03:31 PM
The Browns are the 2007-2008 version of the 2005-2006 Bengals. One good season, haven't beaten the Steelers yet and they think they're hot ****.

But hey, I'm making no predictions. Let 9-5 and the Browns bark and have their fun. We'll see how 'primetime' the Browns are once the season begins.

If the Browns put beat us week 2, they're ready for primetime, but if they put up another bed-s****ing home performance typical against Pittsburgh the past few years, then they certainly aren't ready for primetime.

scsteeler
07-30-2008, 03:44 PM
The Browns are the 2007-2008 version of the 2005-2006 Bengals. One good season, haven't beaten the Steelers yet and they think they're hot ****.

But hey, I'm making no predictions. Let 9-5 and the Browns bark and have their fun. We'll see how 'primetime' the Browns are once the season begins.

If the Browns put beat us week 2, they're ready for primetime, but if they put up another bed-s****ing home performance typical against Pittsburgh the past few years, then they certainly aren't ready for primetime.

I think the Browns may win in week 2 because I expect the Steelers to start off slow and the come on strong in the end of the season with a total reversal of last year. Does that mean the Browns are ready fro prime time I don't know, Maybe!!!!!

rick723
07-30-2008, 04:49 PM

Is Steeley McBeam still employed? I sure hope not.

Dino 6 Rings
07-30-2008, 04:56 PM
No, it will not end this season. Even in week 17, the AFC Playoff Picture will have too much riding on it this year. There isn't going to be a 16-0 team this season, history shows us that, so the race itself will be very tight all the way down to the final game. Even if its for seeding, or getting the home game round 1 or a bi-week, it will be very tight.

Also, by that time, Quinn will be the QB of the Browns and they will be calling Cowher about their future coaching vacancy.

NJarhead
07-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Do you get a direct import from Columbia or do you buy your stuff off the streets? :rofl:

It would surprise me if the browns made the playoffs this year. Next year might be their next run into the playoffs. I just think that after last year's run, no one will be surprised (or should I say no one should be surprised) by them. So they'll be ready for a dog fight (no pun intended).

:rofl: That was great!

Edman
07-30-2008, 06:22 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=2739520

Even if Cleveland does ave success this year, their crotch-grabbing QB of the future is having a little trouble. Better hope Mr. Anderson doesn't regress.

revefsreleets
07-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Not yet...they are getting close but they aren't there yet.

"Maybe next year"

fansince'76
07-30-2008, 06:43 PM

:yawn:

NJarhead
07-30-2008, 06:51 PM
:yawn:

I think he meant to say, "resting during the playoffs."

RoethlisBURGHer
07-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Will it end? Eventually yeah, it will.

This year? No, not this year.

19ward86
07-30-2008, 08:42 PM
no.

HometownGal
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
No - not this season. Instead of sugarplums dancing in their heads at night, the Browns players see multitudes of :tt:'s. The Steelers have owned them for 4 seasons now and it's about to become 5.

The Browns are our bitches and they know it. :tt03:

j-dawg
07-30-2008, 11:34 PM
hmmm.... this thread sure is entertaining!! :popcorn:

9-5
07-31-2008, 12:48 AM
I see Ben retiring having never lost to the clowns.
I highly doubt that will happen. Keep dreaming though!

I go and pick my stuff up direct from the farm :chuckle:

That could happen, but I don't think it will. I think we will go 10-6 and win the division.

After mortgaging their future in this years draft, the clowns will resting (at home) for a awhile. :thumbsup:

Playoffs, Playoffs? :laughing: and a bye? :laughing::crazy01:
This past year's draft class was nowhere as deep or as talented as the 07 draft. Granted, no picks until round 4 isn't exactly conventional, but I think we will be a threat for a long time. We have 11 players older then 30, so we are by no means mortgaging the future.

I never said a bye. I said resting for the playoffs. If we make the playoffs, it wont be as the #1 or #2 seed. Just North Champions

Galax Steeler
07-31-2008, 04:06 AM
We can beat the stains with our backups that isn't a problem.

stlrtruck
07-31-2008, 07:49 AM
I highly doubt that will happen. Keep dreaming though!
You're probably right but I do anticipate him having numbers against the browns as McNair had against the Steelers.

I go and pick my stuff up direct from the farm :chuckle:
Must be nice to have such a "good" supply :rofl:

That could happen, but I don't think it will. I think we will go 10-6 and win the division. I believe the clowns have the talent to go 10-6 but they just don't show the consistent team unity needed to bring that change. Honestly, I think they will be more of a threat next year and the few years following.

Just North Champions
There ya go...back to the farm again!!