PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Broadcast live from Latrobe

tony hipchest
07-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Today Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan are broadcasting from Cleveland camp. so far theyre interviewing Crennell, Anderson, Cribbs, and Stallworth. Joe Thomas and Phil Savage to follow.

Tomorrow (Thurs. 7-31) they will be in Latrobe. Nows as good a time as any to sign up for your free, 3 day, internet trial. Tune in at 3pm est and i can almost guarantee it is some of the best steelers talk and interviews you will hear. Im sure Keisel will stop by to shoot the shit and talk to Ryan about drinking beer. Good stuff . :thumbsup: These guys love the Steelers, Latrobe, Tomlin, etc and he always gives them a great, candid interview. 4 solid hours packed with great steeler info.

check it out.

http://www.sirius.com/siriusinternetradio

NJarhead
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Today Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan are broadcasting from Cleveland camp. so far theyre interviewing Crennell, Anderson, Cribbs, and Stallworth. Joe Thomas and Phil Savage to follow.

Tomorrow (Thurs. 7-31) they will be in Latrobe. Nows as good a time as any to sign up for your free, 3 day, internet trial. Tune in at 3pm est and i can almost guarantee it is some of the best steelers talk and interviews you will hear. Im sure Keisel will stop by to shoot the shit and talk to Ryan about drinking beer. Good stuff . :thumbsup: These guys love the Steelers, Latrobe, Tomlin, etc and he always gives them a great, candid interview. 4 solid hours packed with great steeler info.

check it out.

http://www.sirius.com/siriusinternetradio

I can't believe I'm going to miss this. My sirius doesn't work on my desk at work and I start at.....you guessed it, 3pm. I'd been waiting since Saturday for them to announce the times for Thursday..., Figures. I guess I'll have to settle for catching the last hour of Titans camp in my car. :mad:

I'm sure you guys will post anything interesting that comes from it.

Hapa
07-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Cool! I never knew about a 3 day trial.

I'll only be able to catch two hours because I have to go play some 7-on-7 at school. (7-on7 is lame)

tony hipchest
07-31-2008, 02:07 PM
kevin colbert coming up. tim ryan just reports casey showed up at 370 lbs.

hey, hey, hey!

using more spread offense and a zone running scheme.

G-power (led by faneca) is no longer a priority.

it is definitely a period of transition from what we are used to.

sweed wore contacts in hs and college, but got rid of them recently. he is wearing them now.

kirwan calles him a rising star right now.

totally pumped!

STEELtownHAVOX
07-31-2008, 02:11 PM
keep us updated Tony.

NJarhead
07-31-2008, 02:28 PM
I can't believe I'm $%^*ing missing this!!! :mad:

tony hipchest
07-31-2008, 02:32 PM
keep us updated Tony.if your computer has speakers you can listen. colbert says marvels back is 100% and ben isnt close to reaching his potential. aaron smith is 100% with no limitations. woodley has some power moves that cant be coached that only the "great ones" possess. when they charted it steelers are in nickel package 65% of the time which says mcfadden gets lots of time and so will townsend no matter who wins out.

chris hoke coming up

tony hipchest
07-31-2008, 03:12 PM
max starks says what ive said all along. the steelers are transitioning from a power offense to more of a finesse style offense. the transition will not happen overnight and the change takes some getting used to especially amongst the linemen.

tony hipchest
07-31-2008, 03:42 PM
opinions-

dennis dixons knee is fine. on a designed rollout he ran away from woodley untouched. pat and ryan think stapelton may pass mahan as back-up center. hes coming on. mahan will be back-up guard.

cb position switch- deshea to the left side and ike has been moved to the right side. (potential blitzes for ike?)

tony hipchest
07-31-2008, 04:12 PM
alot more moving pocket plays were implemented on 7 and 7's specifically to roll ben away and cut down the sacks.

tony hipchest
07-31-2008, 04:58 PM
good stuff from aaron smith, larry foote, bryant mcfadden, heath miller, and lawrence timmons.

even more to come in the final hour.

tony hipchest
07-31-2008, 05:42 PM
holmes and tunch ilkin are on together.

holmes says ben is communicating so much better now with the wr's. they sit together in the meeting rooms together and are developing to a tight knit bunch. ben is trusting them more and more to make the plays as opposed to trying to make all the plays himself.

holmes cant say enough good things about hines or sweed. says sweed is learning to calm down. he came into camp way to jacked.

tunch says sweed found out he couldnt see and the new contacts have made a world of difference in him being able to locate the ball.

holmes on townsend- "he knows everything". knows when to cheat, jump the routs and undercut. he doesnt gamble he just knows when to jump cause he is so heady.

ilkin- never gets lost or out of position. "when he gets beat, he gets beat honestly"

(like when he is glued to the back of a 6'5' wr who still makes the completion)

heath miller- big ben is ready for a big year. "hes ready to take over the reigns." says he is the best player on the steelers and the offense needs to be catered to him.

im almost certain the jerome bettis era of "pound the rock" is officially dead. hopefully the run-run -pass era too.

carey davis is up now talkin about stretch zone plays..

xfl2001fan
07-31-2008, 05:52 PM
max starks says what ive said all along. the steelers are transitioning from a power offense to more of a finesse style offense. the transition will not happen overnight and the change takes some getting used to especially amongst the linemen.

Considering the starting HB you have, that's probably a great idea. Does it look more like a west coast style?

tony hipchest
07-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Considering the starting HB you have, that's probably a great idea. Does it look more like a west coast style?
hell no! west coast offense is for pussies who need to learn to (or cant) sling the ball down the field.

there will just be a bit more scheming and technician aspects as opposed to just mauling.

in closing, pat and ryan say ben looked terrific today. (hes looked perfect all camp).

these EXPERTS are giving the AFCNorth edge to the steelers.

:tt::tt03::tt02:

NJarhead
07-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Thank you a ton Tony. :drink:

The Duke
07-31-2008, 06:12 PM
I forgot about this. is it over?

thanks for the info tony

xfl2001fan
07-31-2008, 06:15 PM
hell no! west coast offense is for pussies who need to learn to (or cant) sling the ball down the field.

there will just be a bit more scheming and technician aspects as opposed to just mauling.

in closing, pat and ryan say ben looked terrific today. (hes looked perfect all camp).

Keep in mind that the Packers have run a West Coast brand of football for many years now. I hope you're not implying that Favre couldn't/wouldn't sling the ball down field.

West Coast offense is a very general style of offense. Just like the Cover-2 defense. The Bears run a very different (more aggressive/heavier blitzing) version than what Dungy preaches.

Blitzburgh_Fever
07-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Keep in mind that the Packers have run a West Coast brand of football for many years now. I hope you're not implying that Favre couldn't/wouldn't sling the ball down field.

West Coast offense is a very general style of offense. Just like the Cover-2 defense. The Bears run a very different (more aggressive/heavier blitzing) version than what Dungy preaches.

Very true, but when most people hear West Coast they think "short passes", when in reality it's just the mentality that you pass to open up the run, not run to open up the pass. I'd be fine with a generalized West Coast offense, just not the specific one that SF ran in the 80s and 90s and the Seahawks ran in early 00s (and still have elements of today)

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-31-2008, 10:30 PM

No, it again scares me that Bruce Arians will turn this into the 2002 Browns offense with WR's like Kevin Johnson, Northcutt, Quincy Morgan, Andre Davis....with a lone RB like either William Green, Terry Jackson and a 3rd down back like Jameel White.

Spread the field, throw it all around and occasionally hand off while the defense is spread out.

Great to put up numbers, but cant control the clock and run the ball down anybody's throat. The formula for getting to the playoffs.....but not winning in the playoffs!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-31-2008, 10:34 PM
opinions-

pat and ryan think stapelton may pass mahan as back-up center. hes coming on. mahan will be back-up guard.
)

I hope this is true, as it should be the last season for Mahan if he is the #3 center and #3 or #4 guard.

One would assume that if Stapleton is the prime backup at G/C, then its time to replace Mahan in 2009, with another youngster in the Draft.

tony hipchest
07-31-2008, 10:36 PM
No, it again scares me that Bruce Arians will turn this into the 2002 Browns offense with WR's like Kevin Johnson, Northcutt, Quincy Morgan, Andre Davis....with a lone RB like either William Green, Terry Jackson and a 3rd down back like Jameel White.

Spread the field, throw it all around and occasionally hand off while the defense is spread out.

Great to put up numbers, but cant control the clock and run the ball down anybody's throat. The formula for getting to the playoffs.....but not winning in the playoffs!!

but all those players sucked and tim couch/holcomb was the qb. only northcut has shown the staying power of nate washington, let alone holmes, or ward.

were there any te's worthy of mention on that roster?

green, jackson, and white, cant even hold the jock of mewelde moore, let alone any of our other rb's.

im definitely NOT worried about what arians is trying to do based on the bare cupboard he had to cook with in cleveland.

fansince'76
07-31-2008, 10:44 PM
alot more moving pocket plays were implemented on 7 and 7's specifically to roll ben away and cut down the sacks.

Sounds good - was hoping they would do that a lot sooner, but better late than never.

My only complaint, if you want to call it that, is that the new regime seems to be continuing what the old regime started last year in trying to turn Ben into a drop straight back and stay in the pocket kind of passer instead of having him roll out more by design, which I think makes him a much more effective QB. Ben is downright deadly when he rolls out, which he proved his first two years. I don't think his natural mobility is being fully utilized, except when the pocket begins to collapse and he has to move to avoid a sack.

Steelman16
08-01-2008, 01:15 AM
holmes cant say enough good things about hines or sweed. says sweed is learning to calm down. he came into camp way to jacked.

Funny, but can't say I blame him any! :tt02:

Thanks for the updates Tony! Good to hear some Steelers football. We're stuck with Sooner football here. :mad:

redst3
08-01-2008, 04:34 AM
kevin colbert coming up. tim ryan just reports casey showed up at 370 lbs.

Holy
Guacamole

missedgehead
08-01-2008, 07:26 AM

Can't wait to see Ben on the field. The west coast offense is for "pussies" like Farve or Joe Montana?

missedgehead
08-01-2008, 07:29 AM

:applaudit::applaudit: That is my concern as well. I do not like Arians at ALL.

The Duke
08-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Can't wait to see Ben on the field. The west coast offense is for "pussies" like Farve or Joe Montana?

Favre and pussie should never, ever be in the same sentence. leave that for the likes of brady

xfl2001fan
08-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Favre and pussie should never, ever be in the same sentence. leave that for the likes of brady

I think she was going for sarcasm, which doesn't always show up well in message boards.

To the comment about spreading the field getting you to the playoffs but not winning, I do recall that Peyton won a Superbowl a few years ago.

The Duke
08-01-2008, 11:41 AM
I think she was going for sarcasm, which doesn't always show up well in message boards.

oh yeah, my bad. lol, being corrected by a browns fan, now I feel bad :flap: