PDA

View Full Version : Lets go Pitt Football!

Pages : [1] 2

Stillers33
07-30-2008, 06:02 PM
its cool that several rankings let pitt as 25 in the country!

steelersfanman92
07-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Shaddy for Heisman!!!

Dino 6 Rings
07-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Hey! I already started a Lets Go Pitt Thread!

McCoy for Heisman!!!!

Anyone traveling to any Pitt away games this year? I'm eyeing the game in South Bend myself. StubHub has tickets for 130 each.

Pittpawparty
07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Going to USF and ND. Hotel done air done tix done !!!

atlsteelers
07-31-2008, 08:42 AM
How the heck did you guys let Rhodes go to Auburn? Thats all auburn needs is a good defensive mind. My pops is a PItt fan, i must give him credit because its not easy.

Dino 6 Rings
07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
How the heck did you guys let Rhodes go to Auburn? Thats all auburn needs is a good defensive mind. My pops is a PItt fan, i must give him credit because its not easy.

It was easy, Dave W had taken over the defense after Navy ran for over 400 yards against us and Rhodes showed that he had no clue wtf he was doing. So then, with Dave W basically installing the defense, we went on to beat our biggest rival and prevent them from going to the National Title game.

Bye Bye Rhodes, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!

Dino 6 Rings
07-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Going to USF and ND. Hotel done air done tix done !!!

What Hotel are you staying at for the ND Game? I want to get rates.

SteelCityMan786
07-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Pitt will have a very good opportunity to welcome back Notre Dame to their schedule. If this team is as weak as advertised, then they should pretty badly beat Notre Dame like ND did to them in 2005. (Maybe Stull will drop the F bomb like Palko did.)

Dino 6 Rings
07-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Pitt will have a very good opportunity to welcome back Notre Dame to their schedule. If this team is as weak as advertised, then they should pretty badly beat Notre Dame like ND did to them in 2005. (Maybe Stull will drop the F bomb like Palko did.)

I know one thing, when I'm at the stadium watching McCoy break off 60 yard TD Runs against NDs lame defense, I'll be dropping F Bombs all over those Irish Fans!

couple HOLY EFFS while I sit beneath the Touchdown Jesus should get them good and upset with me.

SteelCityMan786
07-31-2008, 12:28 PM
I know one thing, when I'm at the stadium watching McCoy break off 60 yard TD Runs against NDs lame defense, I'll be dropping F Bombs all over those Irish Fans!

couple HOLY EFFS while I sit beneath the Touchdown Jesus should get them good and upset with me.

If that D is as pitiful as it was when I saw them play at the Penn State Game, McCoy could have a 200-250 yd. game

millwalldavey
07-31-2008, 03:29 PM
I say McCoy play in HS... OUSTANDING!

pittsburghp8baller
07-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey! I already started a Lets Go Pitt Thread!

McCoy for Heisman!!!!

Anyone traveling to any Pitt away games this year? I'm eyeing the game in South Bend myself. StubHub has tickets for 130 each.

i kno Pitt plays Navy this year at Navy and they play about 30 minutes away from where i live. i may jus make the trip to see them play

steelersfanman92
08-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Im going from Indy to Pitt to see the Louisville game!!

Dino 6 Rings
08-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Im going from Indy to Pitt to see the Louisville game!!

Fantastic!

You'll have a great time for sure. Hopefully we can put the Cardinals away early this year and not have a fumble at the 1 yard line heartbreak again.

lilyoder6
08-11-2008, 06:22 PM
this yr all depends on lesean mccoy, the kids is amazing and he'll carry this team.. but the def needs to step up and stop opposing off.. esp wvu again like last yr

Dino 6 Rings
08-14-2008, 10:14 AM
this yr all depends on lesean mccoy, the kids is amazing and he'll carry this team.. but the def needs to step up and stop opposing off.. esp wvu again like last yr

Well with Kinder back as a deep threat we should be able to keep 8 men out of the box and make the running game even more potent. It should be a great year for us, if its not, Dave needs to move on. Its his 4th year and these are all "his guys" now playing so he'd better show he can coach a college team to wins.

The defense should be fine with its depth at linebacker and strong D-line. Looking forward to game 1 against Bowling Green. They are a decent MAC school and we should handle them but get a good test out of them.

Dino 6 Rings
08-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Interesting

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08227/904350-100.stm

Penn State lineman transfers to Pitt
Thursday, August 14, 2008
By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Former Penn State offensive lineman Josh Marks has enrolled at Pitt and will join the Panthers next week when classes begin as a walk-on.

Marks, who is from Class A powerhouse Southern Columbia High School, was rated as the third best linemen in Pennsylvania in the class of 2007 by Rivals.Com and chose the Nittany Lions over offers from Pitt, West Virginia and Rutgers.

However, he decided to transfer from Penn State after the spring semester and after gaining a release from his scholarship. He had been in search of a place to finish his career. Marks, who will be re-united with one of his former Southern Columbia teammates, fullback Henry Hynoski, will be a redshirt freshman and will have three years of eligibility left after sitting out this season.

millwalldavey
08-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Interesting

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08227/904350-100.stm

Penn State lineman transfers to Pitt
Thursday, August 14, 2008
By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Former Penn State offensive lineman Josh Marks has enrolled at Pitt and will join the Panthers next week when classes begin as a walk-on.

Marks, who is from Class A powerhouse Southern Columbia High School, was rated as the third best linemen in Pennsylvania in the class of 2007 by Rivals.Com and chose the Nittany Lions over offers from Pitt, West Virginia and Rutgers.

However, he decided to transfer from Penn State after the spring semester and after gaining a release from his scholarship. He had been in search of a place to finish his career. Marks, who will be re-united with one of his former Southern Columbia teammates, fullback Henry Hynoski, will be a redshirt freshman and will have three years of eligibility left after sitting out this season.

Wow... I never thought he'd make it a DI, let alone PSU. Now he's at another DI school? Hynoski always made that line look good in HS anyway, kid was a bull. Our 135 lb LB/DE was around Marks and in the backfield every posession at least once. Kid cannot move.

I thought he'd end up at Bloomsburg.

Dino 6 Rings
08-15-2008, 10:54 AM
If he can run block for Shady next season, he'll be fine with me.

millwalldavey
08-15-2008, 02:21 PM

Can he play after transferring this year?

At least I can root for him now!

SteelCityMan786
08-15-2008, 02:46 PM

He did play in the Blue/White Game and gave Stephon Green some good holes. He will be a great asset to Pitt. The big reason why he left was because of a lot of depth at his position.

millwalldavey
08-15-2008, 03:24 PM
He did play in the Blue/White Game and gave Stephon Green some good holes. He will be a great asset to Pitt. The big reason why he left was because of a lot of depth at his position.

He was 2nd on the depth chart as a RS Freshman. I don't think it was depth.

Trust me. Rumor around here is that there are other reasons he left. Some said weight and academics. I cannot see those because the numbers I heard on weight and GPA he needed he was supposedly right there but barley off target.

I heard an issue @ a party as well from a reliable source. I think the spotlght was too much there. They play mind games with you @ D2 schools... I can imagine what D1 is like.

I hope he does well. I also hope he learned that pushing around linemen your size is alot harder than the 150-175 lb linemen he saw in this area @ Class A.
(That schools classification is a joke and fabrication...)

lilyoder6
08-15-2008, 03:30 PM
still lesean mccoy has a chance to win the heisman... he is like what fitzgerald was when he played for pitt

millwalldavey
08-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I love McCoy! He was amazing in HS.

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2008, 10:55 AM
For any and all PITT Fans...enjoy

http://pitt.fandome.com/watch/79067/Pitt-Penn_State_Rivalry/

Dino 6 Rings
08-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Bill Stull named the starter

PITTSBURGH -- Pitt football coach Dave Wannstedt picked Bill Stull on Wednesday as the starting quarterback for the Panthers this season.

A 6-foot-3, 205-pound junior, Stull took nearly every repetition with the first-team offense during more than two weeks of practice.

"It's obvious, but I just haven't said it yet: Billy Stull has had an outstanding camp," Wannstedt said. "The guy has played smart. He's made good decisions with the football, and he's thrown the football very accurately. He's shown great leadership skills. And he'll be the starter on opening day."

The Panthers host Bowling Green Aug. 30 at noon at Heinz Field.

Stull finished the 2007 camp as the starter and played a solid first half in the opener against Eastern Michigan. However, he injured his right thumb early in the third quarter and had season-ending surgery.

"It feels awesome, but I'm just glad that I was able to prove to the coaches, myself and my teammates that I've earned the spot again," Stull said. "It's out in the open, and now I'm ready to move on to Bowling Green."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3545276

Dino 6 Rings
08-22-2008, 12:34 PM
McCoy Speaks on ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=221

SteelCityMan786
08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
27-17 Bowling Green Leads in 4th.

Dino 6 Rings
08-30-2008, 02:37 PM
I am completely fcking embarressed of the product Dave W put on the field this season. There was no passion, no heart and no desire in the PITT players today.

Fcking Embarressed beyond belief right now. I am officially psssed off and disappointed in my Panthers.

Edman
08-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Pitt is not it. This is a Big East contender?

This will sure to drop Pitt out of the rankings for the rest of the season and put Wannstache on the hot seat and eventually fired. He is not a good head coach and has done nothing but turn what was once a pretty good Pitt football program into an embarrassment.

SteelCityMan786
08-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Pitt is not it. This is a Big East contender?

This will sure to drop Pitt out of the rankings for the rest of the season and put Wannstache on the hot seat and eventually fired. He is not a good head coach and has done nothing but turn what was once a pretty good Pitt football program into an embarrassment.

One more reason Steve Pederson(or Peterson, Pitt fans will have to back me on the correct spelling of the Pitt AD's last name) made a mistake in even giving him the extension in the first place. Wanny has not proven himself in any games except for the WVU game. If the stache loses to one more pathetic team and Pitt does not have a winning record, he will be looking in the classified's for a new job come end of the year.

Michael Keller
08-30-2008, 03:55 PM
It is obvious that Dave is not at all a good head coach. Why I do not know but he is not. This such an embrassment.

He does not use his players to their optimum ability. His teams make far too many mistakes as sure sign of a poorly coached team He should resign right now.

Spare us the pain and foolish anticipation that he may turn this around. Bring in a proven name coach & quit messing around .

DISGUSTED

Michael Keller
08-30-2008, 04:05 PM
It is obvious that Dave is not at all a good head coach. Why? I do not know but he is not. This such an embrassment.

He does not use his players to their optimum ability. His teams make far too many mistakes as sure signed of a poorly coached team He should resign right now.

Spare us the pain and foolish anticipation that he may turn this around. Bring in a proven name coach quit messing aropund .

DISGUSTED

pittsburghp8baller
08-30-2008, 04:10 PM
if there is anything that we can pull out of this i guess, bowling green is the MAC favorite and a team they said could possibly win 10-11 games. still this stings, Pitt and Hawaii both lost at the same time, not a good day for me. i guess its good Notre Dame didnt play or else id be in a stand-off with the cops on top of my roof

lilyoder6
08-30-2008, 05:13 PM
hahaha.. pitt lost..

i myself thought pitt was going to do something this yr w/ mccoy and that good d.. but i guess i was wrong... lets see if they can rebound

Steeler in Carolina
08-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Lots of great press in the off season, and a good recruiting class, but same ole coaching staff.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-30-2008, 08:36 PM
if there is anything that we can pull out of this i guess, bowling green is the MAC favorite and a team they said could possibly win 10-11 games. still this stings, Pitt and Hawaii both lost at the same time, not a good day for me. i guess its good Notre Dame didnt play or else id be in a stand-off with the cops on top of my roof

Brutal. Charlie is proving how much better he can coach when he videotapes opponents. At least after the crying Irish fire Weis he has a career in film. Call it Fighting Irish Bloopers. God knows there is plenty of legal videotape to choose from.

What is it about Wanstead? Puzzling. The Pathers enduring another disaster season...sick.

millwalldavey
08-31-2008, 09:06 AM
1 loss does not write this team off. The Big East Scedule looms as well, so they can still be a force, if not THE force in the Big East.

1 game. the L sucks, but 1 game.

revefsreleets
08-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Central Michigan is the MAC favorite, not BGSU.

pittsburghp8baller
08-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Central Michigan is the MAC favorite, not BGSU.

one of the MAC favorites, i was jus going by wat i heard when i watched the game.

revefsreleets
08-31-2008, 09:18 PM
In the MAC's defense, they are a solid conference. My Zips were only down 17-10 at half IN CAMP RANDALL to the Badgers. Kent State played BC tough. There is growing parity...

But Pitt needs to win these type of games...

pittsburghp8baller
09-01-2008, 12:10 AM
In the MAC's defense, they are a solid conference. My Zips were only down 17-10 at half IN CAMP RANDALL to the Badgers. Kent State played BC tough. There is growing parity...

But Pitt needs to win these type of games...

yea, MAC contender or not this team was suppose to compete for the Big East, there is no reason to lose to Bowling Green

Dino 6 Rings
09-02-2008, 11:19 AM
There is no reason to Lose to Bowling Green. NO excuse. It was a pathetic game plan once Pitt had the 14 point lead. I'm so sick of mistakes and misques by Pitt. 3 fumbles, and an Int. Fcking Pathetic.

There is way too much talent on the team for them to lose to Bowling Green after having a 14 point lead early in the game. And then, when BG tied it, Pitt was able to take a 3 point lead into halftime. They should have been good enough to win. Instead, they choked away a home opener and made Pitt a laughing stock.

I'm so disgusted with the outcome. I don't write off the season, but if they don't improve, and fast, I will start the Fire Dave W thread.

lilyoder6
09-02-2008, 03:24 PM
shit i think of the panther fans are alrdy starting that chat... i mean ser.. BG???? but at least it wasn't as humilitiating as thunder and lightining getting 0 yrds rushing

revefsreleets
09-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Central Michigan is a team that could and would (and might...I don't know who they play) knock off some decent BCS conference teams this year. They'd give the bottom 4 of the Big Ten a run for their money.

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2008, 04:50 PM
shit i think of the panther fans are alrdy starting that chat... i mean ser.. BG???? but at least it wasn't as humilitiating as thunder and lightining getting 0 yrds rushing

Humiliating and disgusting display by Pitt and I'm still fcking pissed that they blew a 14 point lead over an mac team. Heartless, Gutless, Passionless football.

I will have NONE of that.

100% Unacceptable Loss.

SteelCityMan786
09-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Humiliating and disgusting display by Pitt and I'm still fcking pissed that they blew a 14 point lead over an mac team. Heartless, Gutless, Passionless football.

I will have NONE of that.

100% Unacceptable Loss.

The Pink Slip will be written up and end up in Dave W's mail soon.

lilyoder6
09-03-2008, 09:45 PM
i know.. but at least it wasn't the worst thing that weekend.. i mean thunder and lightning getting like 2 yrds??? like wtf?

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2008, 12:23 PM
i know.. but at least it wasn't the worst thing that weekend.. i mean thunder and lightning getting like 2 yrds??? like wtf?

Pitt losing was indeed the WORST thing that happened last weekend.

steelersfanman92
09-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I say play Bostic of Stull at least if Bostic play it will be helpful for the future

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2008, 04:55 PM
I say play Bostic of Stull at least if Bostic play it will be helpful for the future

I tell you what, if Stull plays poorly again this week against Buffalo, don't be surprised if he is benched. I know that Dave wanted to save Bostic's redshirt for this season after having to burn it last year when Stull got hurt. Still, if Stull doesn't get the job done this week, he needs to take a seat.

Also, Kinder and Turner need to catch the effing ball when it is thrown to them.

SteelCityMan786
09-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I tell you what, if Stull plays poorly again this week against Buffalo, don't be surprised if he is benched. I know that Dave wanted to save Bostic's redshirt for this season after having to burn it last year when Stull got hurt. Still, if Stull doesn't get the job done this week, he needs to take a seat.

Also, Kinder and Turner need to catch the effing ball when it is thrown to them.

Don't you still have Smith as a QB?

lilyoder6
09-04-2008, 08:35 PM
i think to u that it's the worst thing that happened that weekend.. but as sports in general freaking them gettign 2 yrds and freaking alabama jumping from 24 to 13

Dino 6 Rings
09-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Well, at least PITT Didn't embarress the crap out of me and lose to Buffalo. Now we get a bi-week and get time to prepare for a very good Iowa Team. Tough game looming, that's for sure...LETS GO PITT

Edman
09-20-2008, 11:45 AM
The Panthers are playing the Steelers this week...

Oh wait. It's Iowa. They really look like the Steelers, though.

pittsburghp8baller
09-20-2008, 11:57 AM
yep and they are up 14-3 and Shady doesnt even have a touchdown, in fact we had two different quarterbacks RUN the ball into the endzone, the first one was beatiful, the second one i missed

Edman
09-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Why does Matt Cavanaugh still have a job?

Oh yeah, the Stache.

Edman
09-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Sure enough, after going up 14-3, Iowa scores 14 unanswered points and Pitt's offense blows ass.

17-14 Iowa.

pittsburghp8baller
09-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Sure enough, after going up 14-3, Iowa scores 14 unanswered points and Pitt's offense blows ass.

17-14 Iowa.

sure enough, Shady saves the day for Pitt, this kid is amazing, one of the fastest players playing in college

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I can't believe how Pitt actually showed some tenacity and closed out that game.

lilyoder6
09-20-2008, 07:39 PM
pitt is way too inconsistant right now.... but at least they aren't as bad as wvu right now

Dino 6 Rings
09-22-2008, 11:07 AM
big win for the Program, beating a BCS team not in the Big East. Also sets us at 2-1 going into big east play. Season might turn around after all. Big win, play calling still very questionable but a W is a W.

iloveben7
09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
That game was awesome on Saturday!! So exciting!! I think Pitt will beat syracuse this week.

Dino 6 Rings
09-22-2008, 04:19 PM
3-1 looking good for Pitt, LETS GO PITT!

atlsteelers
09-25-2008, 12:20 PM
i thought that syracuse disbanded their football team?

revefsreleets
09-25-2008, 05:41 PM
My alma mater (predicted to finish last in the MAC East this year, by the by) went into the Carrier Dome and beat the Orangeman by a couple TD's (They hung 42 on them in the process)

Pitt better win big...

SteelCityMan786
09-25-2008, 07:42 PM
My alma mater (predicted to finish last in the MAC East this year, by the by) went into the Carrier Dome and beat the Orangeman by a couple TD's (They hung 42 on them in the process)

Pitt better win big...

Penn State put up 55 against them and held Syracuse to 13.

Pitt should do something equal to PSU.

lilyoder6
09-25-2008, 08:48 PM
we would hope that pitt can do the same.. but u never know

Dino 6 Rings
09-28-2008, 11:08 AM
A Win is a Win....Pitt gets the 10 point win with a come frome behind victory on the road in a place we are usually "cursed" in that stupid Dome...I'll take it. Kids showed guts...Man I love the MSG Network, I get most of my Big East Pitt Games all the way down here in Arkansas...

3-1. Not a bad start to the season...Up next, highly Ranked South Florida...on Thursday Night...where ranked teams go to DIE! Hopefully Pitt will bring their best game to the field this thursday.

lilyoder6
09-28-2008, 02:13 PM
pitt should be 4-0 right now... but i think if they get behind south florida like they did syracuse.. i doubt they would be able to pull a comeback win..

Dino 6 Rings
09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
pitt should be 4-0 right now... but i think if they get behind south florida like they did syracuse.. i doubt they would be able to pull a comeback win..

I agree, should, but even looking at the schedule, I was worried about the Iowa game prior to the season and kind of anticipated a possible loss there. I guess the players over looked BG and it cost them. I blame the coach. Dave should have showed the team for the week prior to the game BGs opening weekend win over Minnesota last year and beat into their skulls that BG wasn't a "rent a win" by any means. I'll take 3-1 for now, hopefully, we can at least compete with USF and make a good game out of it. If its close, I like our kicker a lot more than I do their true freshman kicker. That QB of USFs is freaking good, and he scares the crap out of me and their Team Speed is nothing but awesome. We'll need our A game and a couple serious breaks and for USF too be in "shock" on Thursday night. Not likely after the duck they layed up last season on a Thursday night but we'll see how it goes.

lilyoder6
09-28-2008, 08:38 PM
be nice to see lesean mccoy just tear it up..

Dino 6 Rings
10-02-2008, 10:02 PM
LETS GO PITT!

4-1! with a win over a Top 10 team on the Road....HELLLLSSSSS YEAH!!!!

Edman
10-02-2008, 10:06 PM
I've been a Wannstache critic, but Pitt did a hell of a job tonight. Congrats to the Panthers. Great effort.

Upsetting the #10 team in the nation in their own house to go 4-1? Who'd a thunk it?

lilyoder6
10-02-2008, 10:08 PM
that was a very good game.. and this should help pitt get back into the top 25 or damn near close it... mccoy had a good game.. and at the end.. grothe looked like he rly didn't have a arm.. couldn't even get it in the endzone

revefsreleets
10-03-2008, 09:04 AM
How ironic is it that just a few years ago S. Florida beating Pitt was considered a huge upset?

Not sure about the top 25...that loss to BGSU will haunt Pitt for awhile.

Michael Keller
10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Being a long time Pittsburgh (Steelers /Panthers fan I enjoy a good performance . It was great to watch a maxiimum effort and a very well coached game on both defense and offense. I am not sure how good South Fla. is thus not certain of Pitt but 8 and 3 sounds wonderful. My hope is that Pitt continues to improve this year , goes 8 and 3 and beats a big name school in a major bowlgame.

Baldwin needs more reps. South Fla. could not handle him. He was a major factor in the first half. The kid has hugh size , speed and athleticsim . He can open up the running game for an improving McCoy. Meaning the willingness to get the tough 3 to 6 yards and holding onto the ball.

Dino 6 Rings
10-03-2008, 12:01 PM
15 days off, next up a good tough running attack of Navy.

We owe them from last year. Double OT, they kicked a Field Goal and we went for the TD on 4th and 2. Incomplete, Navy Won...

Got this game circled!

LETS GO PITT!

Steeler in Carolina
10-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Nice win last night.

steelersfanman92
10-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Definetly a good win last night, they almost blew it but they needed the win and hopefully they will be ranked again

Dino 6 Rings
10-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Back in the Top 25. Nice way to start my week.

atlsteelers
10-06-2008, 09:05 AM
That was a shocker seeing pitt in the top 25. lets hope the can stay there and win the big east.

Dino 6 Rings
10-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Had they not choked game 1 away, they'd be top 15 for sure. The Iowa win looks less impressive now that Iowa has completely given up on the season. But the USF win was gigantic for the season. Next up Navy. We owe them one from last year.

Dino 6 Rings
10-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Steelers beat the Jags in Florida 26-21

Panthers beat USF in Florida 26-21

woah...dejavu all over again.

SteelCityMan786
10-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Steelers beat the Jags in Florida 26-21

Panthers beat USF in Florida 26-21

woah...dejavu all over again.

The state of Florida hates Pittsburgh. Hey, they hate State College, PA to. Just ask me and any other Penn State fan.

Dino 6 Rings
10-07-2008, 04:38 PM
The state of Florida hates Pittsburgh. Hey, they hate State College, PA to. Just ask me and any other Penn State fan.

they aren't the only ones that hate State
12-0 Got you last!

LETS GO PITT!

iloveben7
10-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Let's go Pitt!! It was pretty crazy down here in Oakland when we beat USF!!

SteelCityMan786
10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
they aren't the only ones that hate State
12-0 Got you last!

LETS GO PITT!

We know you still got us last in the game

Remember though 6-0.

revefsreleets
10-07-2008, 06:44 PM
My Zips play BGSU (the MAC team that beat Pitt in Pitt) so I'm anxious to see how we match up.

We lost to Cinci 17-15 but would have won if we had a REAL PK (he missed an extra point, had an ep blocked, and missed a chip shot FG, not to mention caused us to GO FOR a TD on 4th and G when we were only down 14-9 because the coach lost confidence in him).

So I'm also curious to see how the Bearcats fare against the Panthers Nov 22nd.

Dino 6 Rings
10-08-2008, 11:45 AM
My Zips play BGSU (the MAC team that beat Pitt in Pitt) so I'm anxious to see how we match up.

We lost to Cinci 17-15 but would have won if we had a REAL PK (he missed an extra point, had an ep blocked, and missed a chip shot FG, not to mention caused us to GO FOR a TD on 4th and G when we were only down 14-9 because the coach lost confidence in him).

So I'm also curious to see how the Bearcats fare against the Panthers Nov 22nd.

right now, losing to BG was the best thing to happen to Pitt, keeps them focused on the task at hand, up next Navy. A team that beat us last year.

Has Cincy beaten Pitt since Dave's been their coach? I don't think they have.

SteelCityMan786
10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
right now, losing to BG was the best thing to happen to Pitt, keeps them focused on the task at hand, up next Navy. A team that beat us last year.

Has Cincy beaten Pitt since Dave's been their coach? I don't think they have.

If I'm not mistaken, the amount of times Pitt has lost to Cincy, is the total number of times JoePa and Penn State have lost to Cincinnati this Decade.

So yeah, the 0 is right.

Dino 6 Rings
10-08-2008, 05:00 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the amount of times Pitt has lost to Cincy, is the total number of times JoePa and Penn State have lost to Cincinnati this Decade.

So yeah, the 0 is right.

Shouldn't you be talking in the Coastal Carolina forum or something...

here's a question. How often does Wisconsin lose back to back home games? Probably should worry about that.

Anytime. Panthers will play the Kittens anytime Joe Pa gets up the nerve to sign the contract.

Til then, go play Temple. Cowards!

iloveben7
10-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I've been pretty bored without a home football game, so I'm really excited for the Navy game next week, but really really excited for Homecoming against Rutgers and most of all the WVU game!!!

LET'S GO PITT!!

Dino 6 Rings
10-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I hate bi-weeks.

Guess I'll watch the OU vs TX game and the LSU vs FLA game. Maybe even peek in on the ND vs NC game or the Zona at Stanford game...if I'm up late.

lilyoder6
10-09-2008, 07:40 PM
wow aren't u a big boy calling out psu.. plz son.. u lost to bg sit the f down

when was the last time u played in a bowl??? when was the last time u actually won a bowl game??

SteelCityMan786
10-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Shouldn't you be talking in the Coastal Carolina forum or something...

here's a question. How often does Wisconsin lose back to back home games? Probably should worry about that.

Anytime. Panthers will play the Kittens anytime Joe Pa gets up the nerve to sign the contract.

Til then, go play Temple. Cowards!

No, actually I have the right to talk wherever I want. I do like to keep up with Pitt to see how they're doing and what the odds are Penn State and Pitt meets in a bowl game which is the only place we'll be able to meet. The last couple years they've been fun to point and LAUGH at.

Wisconsin sure as hell don't lose at home that often, but sometimes, certain things must break. They can lose 1 game only at home all they want, but it's on the field where games are won, NOT THE PAPER.

You guys did win the last game as mentioned, but remember ultimately these 3 numbers. 50, 42, and 4. You know what that is? That's right, Penn State vs. Pitt's series and Penn State holds the 50.

2 more records to remember 35-9, and 21-20. You know what these are?

How about you go play Bowling Green again. Oh wait, you would lose.

oooo you used cowards. I'm so freakin scared, NOT!

Dino 6 Rings
10-10-2008, 11:00 AM
wow aren't u a big boy calling out psu.. plz son.. u lost to bg sit the f down

when was the last time u played in a bowl??? when was the last time u actually won a bowl game??

Heck Yeah I'll call them out all day long. They REFUSE to play us out of Fear. Bottom line. Joe Pa is a coward.

Fiesta. We Lost in 2004
2003, lost in the Tire bowl
2002, won the Insight
2001, won the Tengerine
2000, won the insight...

So we are 3 and 2 in the last 8 years in bowl games. 5 bowls since 2000

PSU....

2003 lost Capital One
2006 won Orange
2007 won outback
2007 won alamo

4 bowls since 2000

lilyoder6
10-10-2008, 09:56 PM
if i'm not mistaken.. i think that JOE PA was the last one that made the offer to pitt... in was a 2-1 deal and PITT said no

and bout the bowls since 2000 who cares,, i thought it was about the what have u done for me lately.. and with psu they are winning bowls games.. to where pitt is not

SteelCityMan786
10-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Heck Yeah I'll call them out all day long. They REFUSE to play us out of Fear. Bottom line. Joe Pa is a coward.

Fiesta. We Lost in 2004
2003, lost in the Tire bowl
2002, won the Insight
2001, won the Tengerine
2000, won the insight...

So we are 3 and 2 in the last 8 years in bowl games. 5 bowls since 2000

PSU....

2003 lost Capital One
2006 won Orange
2007 won outback
2007 won alamo

4 bowls since 2000

Funny thing is, Penn State still has a better win percentage.

Dino 6 Rings
10-12-2008, 05:09 PM
if i'm not mistaken.. i think that JOE PA was the last one that made the offer to pitt... in was a 2-1 deal and PITT said no

and bout the bowls since 2000 who cares,, i thought it was about the what have u done for me lately.. and with psu they are winning bowls games.. to where pitt is not

A 2-1 deal for an instate rivalry that has been played almost 100 times.

Yeah...that was a great offer. He offered that crap sandwich knowing damn well that the Panthers would never accept that garbage.

Why not 1-1, like he did with Cuse?

Pathetic. Line it up and play.

Dino 6 Rings
10-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Pitt at #23 in the AP top 25. Not bad I guess. Still not ranked in the USA today poll.

lilyoder6
10-12-2008, 06:46 PM
i was just throwing it out there last joe pa was the last one to make an offer...

Dino 6 Rings
10-14-2008, 11:14 AM
i was just throwing it out there last joe pa was the last one to make an offer...

An offer he Knew would never be accepted.

http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/2006/11/relevance-of-pitt-vs-penn-state.html

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04243/370088.stm

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/today/s_499158.html

Only one person stands in the way of the rivalry being re-newed.

lilyoder6
10-14-2008, 09:42 PM
the writer saying that pitt passed psu in some areas is a joke... pitt hasn't been to a bowl game in a few yrs...

but still.. i haven't seen any recent offer's from pitt to try to renew the rivarly...

Dino 6 Rings
10-15-2008, 11:46 AM
the writer saying that pitt passed psu in some areas is a joke... pitt hasn't been to a bowl game in a few yrs...

but still.. i haven't seen any recent offer's from pitt to try to renew the rivarly...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07171/795565-143.stm

Seriously...Pitts offer is a home and home series, but Joe Pa refuses that and will only sign up for a 2-1 deal. Which is a ridiculous request in a rivalry matchup.

I'd get it if this was a game that was played only 10 times before, but it is a game that has been played nearly 100 times and Joe Pa is still mad at Pitt for joining the Big East and not going with his proposed Eastern Conference. As if he was in charge of the entire thing.

Everyone agrees, its Joe Pa holding up the renewal of the rivalry and everyone also pretty much understands that the second he isn't coaching PSU anymore, Pitt and Penn State will be playing again in a normal, rivalry based, home and home matchup.

lilyoder6
10-15-2008, 12:55 PM
oh well.... but also got to finish up the other contracts each team has before they can "agree" to play each other after joe is gone

SteelCityMan786
10-15-2008, 05:15 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07171/795565-143.stm

Seriously...Pitts offer is a home and home series, but Joe Pa refuses that and will only sign up for a 2-1 deal. Which is a ridiculous request in a rivalry matchup.

I'd get it if this was a game that was played only 10 times before, but it is a game that has been played nearly 100 times and Joe Pa is still mad at Pitt for joining the Big East and not going with his proposed Eastern Conference. As if he was in charge of the entire thing.

Everyone agrees, its Joe Pa holding up the renewal of the rivalry and everyone also pretty much understands that the second he isn't coaching PSU anymore, Pitt and Penn State will be playing again in a normal, rivalry based, home and home matchup.

I won't be stunned if that is the case. Right now If I'm in Paterno's shoes, I'd be agreeing to a contract that was home and home. Maybe a 10-20 game deal with both teams hosting even amount?

oh well.... but also got to finish up the other contracts each team has before they can "agree" to play each other after joe is gone

I just did some research on who we have contracts with Non Conference between 2009 and beyond.

2009-Akron, Syracuse, Temple, Eastern Illinois
2010-Youngstown State, @ Alabama, Kent State, Temple
2011-Alabama and @ Temple (2 Open Dates)
2012-@ Virginia, Temple (2 Open Dates)
2013-Virginia (3 Open)
2014-Nebraska (3 Open)
2015-Nebraska (3 Open)

As For Pitt
2009-Youngstown State, Buffalo, Navy, NC State, Notre Dame
2010-Miami, Notre Dame, New Hampshire (2 Open Dates)
2011-Iowa, Buffalo, Notre Dame (2 Open Dates)
2012-Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Central Florida, Buffalo (1 Open)
2013-Virginia Tech, NC State, Navy, Notre Dame (1 Open)
2014-Notre Dame( 4 Open)

Looks like 2011 could be the earliest Penn State could attempt to pick Pitt up and have it fit.

revefsreleets
10-15-2008, 05:40 PM
I didn't know Akron's deal with PSU was done. Good info...

SteelCityMan786
10-15-2008, 06:32 PM
I didn't know Akron's deal with PSU was done. Good info...

Akron was reported done. It has yet to be confirmed by PSU Athletics.

lilyoder6
10-15-2008, 08:47 PM
good research there steel... so still far away to see a possible match up

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Good research.

I think Pitt is still trying to get one more with Miami as well.

By the way, the 6 games with ND, that's how you set up a renewel of a Rivalry. Pitt ND is always a great game.

lilyoder6
10-16-2008, 07:34 PM
well it is kinda of easy to set up a large contract with ND.. i mean they have no confrence games so they can play whoever. so large contracts help them by not finding teams to play evry 2-3 yrs

SteelCityMan786
10-16-2008, 08:09 PM
good research there steel... so still far away to see a possible match up

Unless the contract is bought out. Which Penn State did with Arkansas State in order to schedule Oregon State.

lilyoder6
10-16-2008, 09:35 PM
true true... but still u will still have each team do a buy out so they can sch each other

revefsreleets
10-17-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm very curious to see how my Zips stack up against Pitt. Akron has a rising program and a beautiful new stadium opening in '09.

http://www.uakron.edu/stadium/?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=10800&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

They schedule heavy on Big East teams, and DID beat Syracuse by 14 in the Carrier Dome, would have beaten Cincy if our FG kicker could kick (Missed 2 chip shot FG's and 2 EP's (We lost 17-15), and had a 13 point lead in the 4th over BGSU in the 4th that we ultimately blew. And of course our HC is none other than former Pitt OC JD Brookhart.

Instead of scheduling PSU, I think the Zips should be scheduling Pitt.

http://www.uakron.edu/stadium/images/StadiumAerial.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
10-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Revenge over Navy and with quite a few top 20 teams losing this weekend, PITT will be moving up in the rankings.

Sweet!

lilyoder6
10-19-2008, 03:59 PM
mccoy had another great game against navy.. he is like the only person i like on that team.. and maybe jonathen baldwin but he's kinda of dif since he played at alquippa.... but.. it was a good game.. mccoy is sick..period

Dino 6 Rings
10-19-2008, 07:24 PM
PITT ranked 17 in the BCS.

Dang it that BG game is such an effing let down. Would be top 10 for sure, maybe 7 or so had we won that game. Dang it.

Well, we just have to keep on winning. Up Next Rutgers. I effing HATE Rutgers. to hell with them, I want us to win by 50 points.

LETS GO PITT!

SteelCityMan786
10-19-2008, 08:18 PM
PITT ranked 17 in the BCS.

Dang it that BG game is such an effing let down. Would be top 10 for sure, maybe 7 or so had we won that game. Dang it.

Well, we just have to keep on winning. Up Next Rutgers. I effing HATE Rutgers. to hell with them, I want us to win by 50 points.

LETS GO PITT!

I can't see any reason that the Pitt/Rutgers game won't be a Blowout.

Dino 6 Rings
10-20-2008, 12:16 PM
I can't see any reason that the Pitt/Rutgers game won't be a Blowout.

I don't care if it is or isn't. We must win the game. Now, our style of play isn't one to truly generate blowouts. More eat the clock with the running game, score some points on every possession and keep the other team's O off the field. I could see this being the type of game that is 13 - 6 at halftime, then it gets out of hand and it ends up 34 - 13 or 31 - 16 by the end of the game. With us just pounding the ball in the 2nd and 3rd quarter wearing out their D-line.

Dino 6 Rings
10-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Stupid Pitt/Rutgers game isnt on television. Its on ESPN 360. What the heck, why is the USF vs Louisville game on and the Cincy vs Uconn game on. I want my dang PITT football dammmmit!

Guess I'll be streaming Audio off the computer this weekend.

Dang it!

LETS GO PITT!

lilyoder6
10-23-2008, 05:06 PM
well at least u'll be able to see the game still... i guessing that mccoy will have another huge game against rutgers

SteelCityMan786
10-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Stupid Pitt/Rutgers game isnt on television. Its on ESPN 360. What the heck, why is the USF vs Louisville game on and the Cincy vs Uconn game on. I want my dang PITT football dammmmit!

Guess I'll be streaming Audio off the computer this weekend.

Dang it!

LETS GO PITT!

I hate Pitt, but I have to agree, WHY IN THE HELL IS THE CINCY AND UCONN GAME ON AND THE USF VS. LOUISVILLE GAME ON ESPN OVER PITT VS. RUTGERS? Hell, it should at least be on the ESPN Regional Network in Pittsburgh. I Guess this is what happens when your program falls off it's high horse, yet people still don't think they're worth a dime.

Pitt has not had one of the typical Wannstedt seasons. I think that Pitt probably has their hands on the Big East. It's there Conference to lose.

Muppet13
10-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Go Notre Dame! GO IRISH!

revefsreleets
10-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Go Notre Dame! GO IRISH!

This is all starting to make sense now...

Dino 6 Rings
10-24-2008, 08:18 AM
I Guess this is what happens when your program falls off it's high horse, yet people still don't think they're worth a dime.

Pitt has not had one of the typical Wannstedt seasons. I think that Pitt probably has their hands on the Big East. It's there Conference to lose.

blah blah blah...bash us all you want. Its year 4 in Dave's tenure. He's had to rebuild the entire lines on both sides of the ball because Walt recuited Recievers and QBs and forgot all about the trenches. Yes, the team stumbled early on, but they are playing very good right now and are looking forward to smashing in the face of the scarlet nights.

LETS GO PITT!

lilyoder6
10-24-2008, 05:03 PM
i think that the panthers changed for the good when they got lesean mccoy... the dude is just a beast...

Dino 6 Rings
10-25-2008, 05:54 PM
What's that...oh, that's just the BILE pouring up from my guts as I see the Panther have let Rutgers score 54 points and counting.

Puking my effing guts out at how disgusting the defense has played...and to think...I complained that the game wasn't on television...geeeesuuussseffingchrist on a cracker...

someone needs to be hanged over this debacle...on effing homecoming too...

Pathetic. Disgusting and down right Horrid.

BILE!

SteelCityMan786
10-25-2008, 06:03 PM
blah blah blah...bash us all you want. Its year 4 in Dave's tenure. He's had to rebuild the entire lines on both sides of the ball because Walt recuited Recievers and QBs and forgot all about the trenches. Yes, the team stumbled early on, but they are playing very good right now and are looking forward to smashing in the face of the scarlet nights.

LETS GO PITT!

Did you read the last line? I said they were not having one of the typical wannstedt seasons. How is that negative?

But also, How does Pitt give up 50+ to Rutgers?

Edman
10-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Another home game, another bed shitting performance by Pitt.

Mike Teel? Who has thrown three touchdowns all year prior to this game? Are you f*cking kidding me?

lilyoder6
10-25-2008, 06:31 PM
i rly can't beleive that pitt allowed this on there homecoming.. this was a sad sad game for the panthers 2day... can't wait 2 see what the reprocusion of this loss will affect the HC and what not

lilyoder6
10-25-2008, 06:32 PM
McCoy 26 146 4 33 ... thats a damn good game by mccoy.... but geez.. u have so a horse on offense,.. but they seem they can't stop anyone at times

OneForTheToe
10-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Terrible game by Pitt. Prayers go out to Bill Stull though. I hope he is ok.

Pitt is still not out of the Big East picture, which speaks to both to their run of victories, as well as the weakness of the Big East.

steelersfanman92
10-25-2008, 09:37 PM
I didnt get to see the game but I saw the stats that Stull was out and Bostic was playing what happened?

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Dave must go!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
10-26-2008, 11:42 AM
I didnt get to see the game but I saw the stats that Stull was out and Bostic was playing what happened?

KDKA is reporting a neck injury

lilyoder6
10-26-2008, 03:08 PM
the big east is up in the air this yr...

SteelCityMan786
10-26-2008, 03:12 PM
the big east is up in the air this yr...

No one wants it. That's what it is.

pittsburghp8baller
10-26-2008, 04:46 PM
KDKA is reporting a neck injury

he was carted off the field after being on the field motionless for nearly 10 minutes, on the plus side though by time they were carting him away he was able to lift his left arm and gives a thumbs up

Dino 6 Rings
10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
50+ points to Rutgers.

Just disgusting.

Hope our Pass Defense is slightly better next week at ND, otherwise, I'll be driving to P-Burgh and punching Dave W in the face personally.

pittsburghp8baller
10-26-2008, 07:20 PM
50+ points to Rutgers.

Just disgusting.

Hope our Pass Defense is slightly better next week at ND, otherwise, I'll be driving to P-Burgh and punching Dave W in the face personally.

Notre Dame has two really great young receivers and another two other receivers that are at least 6-5. Clausen has made great strides in his second year, i dont see why Pitt wouldnt be able to stop the run so it will come down to if the pass secondary steps up and slows down J-Clausen

this game is always hard for me to watch- the Irish in me wants me to route for the Irish, but the fact im from up there wants me to go for the hometown.

thinking, thinking.... the Irish wins over again LETS GO IRISH!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
10-26-2008, 08:52 PM
thinking, thinking.... the Irish wins over again LETS GO IRISH!!!!

just puked a little in my mouth reading that.

Dino 6 Rings
10-27-2008, 05:02 PM
I am glad to see that Bill Stull is not seriously injured.

http://pittsburghpanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102608aaa.html

Dino 6 Rings
10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Changes in the secondary...geesuz...YA THINK!

lord almight...that's a no brainer. 6 passing Tds to effing Rutgers.

They better punch ND in the mouth this weekend.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08302/923397-233.stm

pittsburghp8baller
10-28-2008, 05:03 PM
i can honestly see this game ending up being a high scoring game.

notre dame's defense has improved but they havent faced a running back like shady mccoy.

Pitt better improve their secondary or else Golden Tate, Michael Floyd, Duval Kumara and of course the new and improved Jimmy Clausen are gonna have a field day

Dino 6 Rings
10-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Sounds like the problem for Pitt will be at Center this week. That's a hard position to backfill in one week. Stull is starting so at least we have a veteran passer in their against the ND defense. Hopefully, our Zone Coverage from last week has been tossed into the trash can and we are ready for the fast paced no huddle O of the Irish.

SteelCityMan786
11-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Pitt Trails 10-3 against the Irish.

steelersfanman92
11-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Now 17-3

JackHammer
11-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Any chance we'll pass the ball down the field to, say, A WIDE RECEIVER?!?!?!?!

Dino 6 Rings
11-01-2008, 05:45 PM
WIN !

36 - 33 Final

LETS GO PITT!

Dino 6 Rings
11-01-2008, 05:49 PM
6-2.

Sweet, Pitt is now in the ND record book, longest game ever in Notre Dame history, is a Loss to PITT!

I love it.

lilyoder6
11-01-2008, 06:06 PM
that was a good game... i think pitt got lucky on that 4th down play near the end.. y on 2nd and 3rd down do the exact same play....

but this game just shows u that mccoy is phenomanal..

steelersfanman92
11-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Yea it was a great game but i agree with Pitt getting lucky on that 4th down throwing three fades in a row, I just dont like that kind of play calling. What ever a win is a win

Dino 6 Rings
11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I was waiting for a "slip" on the wet side of the field to cost Pitt the game. Stupid home field advantage for those sneaky Irish.

up next, Louisville.

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2008, 06:11 PM
PITT 41

Louisville 7

BEAT THE EF DOWN!

7-2

LETS GO PITT!

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Next Up, Cincy. And that gosh darn 3-3-5 defense. Ugh. Hopefully we can get Shady moving early in that game and get his numbers back up to the century mark.

Scouting Cincy vs WVU now while I flip back to the Bama LSU game.

LETS GO PITT! 7-2 BOWL BOUND!

OneForTheToe
11-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Great win for Pitt. Wow, if Shady does come back next year (which I doubt) I think Pitt cpould be a preseason top 12 - 15?

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Great win for Pitt. Wow, if Shady does come back next year (which I doubt) I think Pitt cpould be a preseason top 12 - 15?

we'll see if he does come back. I'm not sure he'd be a top 5 draft pick this year, not with all the talent coming out of the Big 12 this year and his name isn't even being discussed this year for the Heisman, but if he does return...then he'd be the front runner for sure.

We'll see. I'd love to see him come back, and if not, he'd look fantastic in the Black and Gold. I'm all for having a loaded backfield.

SteelCityMan786
11-08-2008, 07:17 PM
we'll see if he does come back. I'm not sure he'd be a top 5 draft pick this year, not with all the talent coming out of the Big 12 this year and his name isn't even being discussed this year for the Heisman, but if he does return...then he'd be the front runner for sure.

We'll see. I'd love to see him come back, and if not, he'd look fantastic in the Black and Gold. I'm all for having a loaded backfield.

I don't know if they'll count a year in the Military Academy he went to before that time will count. Although if it does, I expect McCoy will go to the draft, if not, Pitt will be still a team I'd watch out for in 2009.

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2008, 07:23 PM
I don't know if they'll count a year in the Military Academy he went to before that time will count. Although if it does, I expect McCoy will go to the draft, if not, Pitt will be still a team I'd watch out for in 2009.

It counts, he can go pro if he wants. Pitt has a verble from the Top RB in NJ for next year, and I think that commit is pending McCoy staying or going. if McCoy jumps pro, the kid from Jersey will most likely come to PITT.

Anyway, we'll see, all I care about right now is 8-2. Got to beat Cincy.

OneForTheToe
11-08-2008, 07:24 PM

I think it counts because he would be out of High School for three years. At least I think I read that was the rule. And yes, given the short career of most NFL running backs, I expect him to turn pro as well. Just please stay away for cincy, cleveland or Baltiturd, Shady?

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Larry Fitzgerald did the same thing. Had a year at an academy and then was able to go Pro because of it after his Sophomore year.

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Of coarse Fitz finished his Sophomore year as the Runner up for the Heisman so his value was huge come the NFL draft.

lilyoder6
11-09-2008, 08:43 AM
i think fitz has proven that y he was the runner up 4 the heisman... McCoy will/should be a beast..

Dino 6 Rings
11-09-2008, 10:52 AM
McCoy isn't duplicating the season he had last year, and when Pitt goes to a bowl, and the writing on the wall shows our team only improving, and the depth at QB in this year's draft dropping his value, he MAY stay at Pitt for one more year.

There are going to be a ton of guys out of the Big 12 going pro, QBs, WRs and even DBs out of the SEC, so it'll be hard to ensure McCoy is a first rounder, he's a lot like Slaton in that he may drop to the 3rd round for fear of his inability to adjust to the pro-game.

I hope he stays for one more year. A Heisman and a pre-season top 10 ranking would be a gaurenteed thing to hope for.

Dino 6 Rings
11-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Bye-weeks Suck.

Dino 6 Rings
11-18-2008, 11:18 AM
RIVER CITY RIVALRY!

LETS GO PITT!

iloveben7
11-18-2008, 02:27 PM
I hope McCoy stays and let's go PITT!! Both the Steelers and Pitt are playing Cincinnatti!!

Dino 6 Rings
11-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Huge game this weekend. Pretty sure Cincy is still running that 3-3-5 defense. We should be able to ground it out running the ball but the 60 yard tds runs won't happen this week against that defense.

Control the ball, play solid defense, Pitt should come away from this game 8-2.

LETS GO PITT

Steelcitygal87
11-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Oh gosh Pitt just scored with 1:22 left in the 4th! The score is now Pitt 21 Cincy 28.
Going to come down to an onsides kick.

steelersfanman92
11-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Is it a penalty if the fans are on the field while the play is still going?

OneForTheToe
11-22-2008, 09:51 PM
No sour citrus Fruits, but I think that could have been a penalty. I love the enthusiasm of college football, but they to figure out a way to keep these kids off the field until the game is over and at least the visiting team has cleared the field. Someday, somebody gone to get hurt. On that subject, i wonder if the State Troopers are there to protect the Cinci head coach or Erin Andrews? More importantly, which one do you think they would protect in a pinch?

Steelcitygal87
11-22-2008, 10:06 PM
No sour citrus Fruits, but I think that could have been a penalty. I love the enthusiasm of college football, but they to figure out a way to keep these kids off the field until the game is over and at least the visiting team has cleared the field. Someday, somebody gone to get hurt. On that subject, i wonder if the State Troopers are there to protect the Cinci head coach or Erin Andrews? More importantly, which one do you think they would protect in a pinch?

LOL..They are men, what do you think? My guess would be Erin. :flap: *wink*

On a serious note. I agree with you about the whole kids storming the field routine. I am sick of seeing that. People have gotten seriously injured in the past. I am all for enthusiasm but that is carrying it way to far. The problem is there isn't much, if anything, anyone can do about putting a stop to it.

iloveben7
11-22-2008, 11:47 PM
I agree with you guys about the kids running on the field and the oranges. There should have been a penalty for that because someone could've gotten hurt on those stupid oranges. I'm so glad we don't do that at Pitt. And I hope Syracuse beats Cincy next week.

Dino 6 Rings
11-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Pitt never should have been in that situation to need a miracle lateral play to tie the game.

But yes, it should have been a 15 yard penalty and Pitt should have had one more play, from inside Cincy territory then had a shot at a hail mary.

But hats off to Cincy, they played a tough game. Can't dwell on it, next up a revenge filled WVU team that would like nothing more than to run up the score on us in the Back Yard Brawl.

lilyoder6
11-23-2008, 09:25 AM
it seems like this yr is just a big rollar coaster 4 pitt... a wonder if they can finish the season on a high note

SteelCityMan786
11-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Is it a penalty if the fans are on the field while the play is still going?

Yeah. It's an unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalty which would be assessed on the next play. (Depends on which team's fans were on the field)

Dino 6 Rings
11-23-2008, 06:24 PM
it seems like this yr is just a big rollar coaster 4 pitt... a wonder if they can finish the season on a high note

we'll see, a win over WVU would be fantastic. They really want to beat us on our home turf so if we can pull off the upset (cause WVU will be favored) it'll be a huge win for us. Then on to Uconn. So we are at 7-3, not horrible, going to a bowl, now if we win one of these next 2, 8 wins or both, 9 wins, we could be set for a nice bowl invitation, Gator or something like that. Not bad for year 4. I'd have rathered a Big East title, but losing to Rutgers killed us, and now to Cincy.

The BG game was just a gross display of being over confident and not finishing a game out.

Anyway...LETS GO PITT!

iloveben7
11-23-2008, 06:48 PM
i'm so excited for the WVU game.

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 09:42 AM
BACK YARD BRAWL!

LETS GO PITT!

WVUSteelers
11-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks Pitt. You are the epitome of an ultimate failure. You could of helped us both, in that you're BCS bowl bid would still be alive, as would ours going into a possible Big East Championship game. Just another reason for #5, #7 and #9 to run all over you guys on Friday.

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks Pitt. You are the epitome of an ultimate failure. You could of helped us both, in that you're BCS bowl bid would still be alive, as would ours going into a possible Big East Championship game. Just another reason for #5, #7 and #9 to run all over you guys on Friday.

Bring it ! You should still eating Humble Pie after the embarressment of getting your heads handed to you on your own field last year with the National Title on the line.

Wanna talk smack do it, don't care, we still killed your dream season forever! Eat IT! Eat A Nice Big Piece of Crap Pie and Choke on the fact you will NEVER have that chance again.

revefsreleets
11-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Akron should have beaten Cinci by about 8 points. The Bearcats ARE the best team this year in an incredibly mediocre, very MAC-like Big East.

That's pretty much the long and short of it.

WVUSteelers
11-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Bring it ! You should still eating Humble Pie after the embarressment of getting your heads handed to you on your own field last year with the National Title on the line.

Wanna talk smack do it, don't care, we still killed your dream season forever! Eat IT! Eat A Nice Big Piece of Crap Pie and Choke on the fact you will NEVER have that chance again.

I find it amazing that that's the only thing you guys have to look back at last season, a flawed win. I don't wanna play the what-if game, but if Pat White is in that game nearly a year ago, we are reigning champions guaranteed. Unfortunately, it doesn't go that way. It's alright though, we still won a BCS bowl game against who I believe would of been nation champs last year if they were in the #1 or #2 spot. If Pitt wins on Friday, good for them. I'll be extremely disappointed, but I'll be willing to accept it more. Of course, I don't expect it to go that way. The grounds crew at Heinz may need to re sod the game before the Dallas game, because Pat White is gonna tear that field up.

iloveben7
11-24-2008, 09:22 PM
I don't think so. McKillop will "kill" Patty White and Stull and McCoy will light up the offense.

Dino 6 Rings
11-25-2008, 07:28 AM
I find it amazing that that's the only thing you guys have to look back at last season, a flawed win. I don't wanna play the what-if game, but if Pat White is in that game nearly a year ago, we are reigning champions guaranteed. Unfortunately, it doesn't go that way. It's alright though, we still won a BCS bowl game against who I believe would of been nation champs last year if they were in the #1 or #2 spot. If Pitt wins on Friday, good for them. I'll be extremely disappointed, but I'll be willing to accept it more. Of course, I don't expect it to go that way. The grounds crew at Heinz may need to re sod the game before the Dallas game, because Pat White is gonna tear that field up.

I find it amazing that you would call it a "flawed" win instead of the flat out rivalry beating that it truly was.

Dino 6 Rings
11-25-2008, 12:18 PM
MCCOY TO RETURN TO PITT!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08330/930629-100.stm

even though he'd be a late 1st round pick, he's coming back to PITT for one more year for sure!

Oh man, This is great news!

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Derek Kinder with the first TD of the 2008 Backyard Brawl puts Pitt up 7-0.

KeiselPower99
11-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Are WVU fans still whining about the loss last year?? Pitt played better and won. Actually if you think about it WVU is still running the same gameplan from that game.

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Are WVU fans still whining about the loss last year?? Pitt played better and won. Actually if you think about it WVU is still running the same gameplan from that game.

Defensively, they're doing just as good, if not better.

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2008, 12:51 PM
13-9 Appears doomed to happen again. Except this time, it might favor the other side.

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2008, 01:07 PM
McAfee with another FG. 7-6 Panthers.

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Pat White gives the Mountaineers a 12-7 lead.

KeiselPower99
11-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Decent game so far. Pitt seems to be gettin something goin on offense here at the end of the 3rd.

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2008, 02:00 PM
McAfee with a FG 15-7

LeSean McCoy with a TD (Stull Misses 2PAT) 15-13.

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2008, 02:30 PM
LeSean McCoy scores winning Touchdown. Final Pitt 19, WVU 15

OneForTheToe
11-28-2008, 02:37 PM
If that was "Shady's last home game for Pitt, he sure goes out in style.

Pittsburghfan
11-28-2008, 06:25 PM
If that was "Shady's last home game for Pitt, he sure goes out in style.

According to TIOPS who cites the Post Gazette Shady will return.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/ncaa-mccoy-to-return-for-junior-season/3992/

Dino 6 Rings
11-28-2008, 07:08 PM

Got something to say now?

LETS GO PITT!

WVUSteelers
11-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Alright, congrats to Pitt for playing a great game. I'm just glad I didn't have you sit near you guys, I was in a section with all WVU fans. You think WVU fans are bad leaving early? After Pat White's truly amazing run (Even you Pitt fans can't deny that), there were at least 10 Pitt fans from the next section that left, and never came back. Even more fans left after Mcafee's kick. I admit, WVU had a weak spot in the middle of their defense for the last 8 minutes of the game. I'll tell you what Pitt, McCoy is a great running back, and I'd love him to play WVU if he could. Cherish him as much as you can, because it's gonna hurt when he leaves. You guys just played a better game and had some better luck when it counted. I congratulate all of you on a great game that was played there. I'm guessing there is at least one tie that binds us all... Let's kick New England's ass tomorrow! Go Steelers! One more thing before I go. http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/WVUSports/200811280436

Dino 6 Rings
12-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Got to beat Uconn this weekend to get to a legit bowl game. They've had our number the last two seasons, big win gets us in the Gator or Sun bowl. Not too shabby I guess.

SteelCityMan786
12-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Got to beat Uconn this weekend to get to a legit bowl game. They've had our number the last two seasons, big win gets us in the Gator or Sun bowl. Not too shabby I guess.

Especially with how bad the last 3 seasons were for Pitt. However, keep in mind these type of games that Pitt gets tripped up by. Especially since the game being in Storrs.

steelersfanman92
12-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Pitt had an embarassing first half with a total of 36 yards Shady cant find any running move and Stull has thrown 24 yards and an int, ut it is tied3-3 due to a blocked punt

SteelCityMan786
12-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Pitt had an embarassing first half with a total of 36 yards Shady cant find any running move and Stull has thrown 24 yards and an int, ut it is tied3-3 due to a blocked punt

I wonder how many people are calling for a turf at their stadium.

lilyoder6
12-06-2008, 01:53 PM
this game is now over... the uconn's qb's are horrible today.. how many lame ducks are they going 2 throw 4 an int... good job pitt

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Especially with how bad the last 3 seasons were for Pitt. However, keep in mind these type of games that Pitt gets tripped up by. Especially since the game being in Storrs.

No trip ups today

I hear that El Paso is sunny this time of year.

"down in the west texas town of El Paso, I fell in love with a mexican girl"

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2008, 02:11 PM
so Pittsburgh beats up on another team from the New England area this season.

feels good

SteelCurtain7
12-06-2008, 02:51 PM
LOL!

That was a good game. I've always had a great deal of respect for Dave Wannestadt. 9-3 should land the Panthers a decent bowl game. :cool:

SteelCityMan786
12-06-2008, 02:55 PM
No trip ups today

I hear that El Paso is sunny this time of year.

"down in the west texas town of El Paso, I fell in love with a mexican girl"

I hear that to.

Seems as if Pitt is stopping the choking at those type of games.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2008, 03:01 PM
I hear that to.

Seems as if Pitt is stopping the choking at those type of games.

Yeah, its great that Pitt didn't choke against Iowa or something this year.

SteelCityMan786
12-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah, its great that Pitt didn't choke against Iowa or something this year.

Funny you mention it.

I remember a Certain Pitt team doing it against

Rutgers
Bowling Green
and Cincinnati

Penn State may have choked the game against Iowa, but what bowl are they going to at worst bar some catastrophic computer meltdown. Rose Bowl. I heard it's pretty sunny down there in Pasadena to.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Funny you mention it.

I remember a Certain Pitt team doing it against

Rutgers
Bowling Green
and Cincinnati

Penn State may have choked the game against Iowa, but what bowl are they going to at worst bar some catastrophic computer meltdown. Rose Bowl. I heard it's pretty sunny down there in Pasadena to.

Funny you come on the Lets go Pitt Football thread and always get in your little digs...by the way, Pitt Beat Iowa. Suck it up and deal with it.

Go play Temple again and have fun getting smoked by USC.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Sun Bowl

Pitt vs Oregon State

Panthers love eating Beavers!

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Funny you come on the Lets go Pitt Football thread and always get in your little digs...by the way, Pitt Beat Iowa. Suck it up and deal with it.

Go play Temple again and have fun getting smoked by USC.

Just making sure you keep it in mind. Iowa beat Penn State fair and square. I've moved on. Penn State won the Big Ten since that very day.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Just making sure you keep it in mind. Iowa beat Penn State fair and square. I've moved on. Penn State won the Big Ten since that very day.

Good Luck in the Rose Bowl.

And I'm not being sarcastic. Lots of luck for your team.

We get the opportunity to play a team you smoked on your home field.

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Good Luck in the Rose Bowl.

And I'm not being sarcastic. Lots of luck for your team.

We get the opportunity to play a team you smoked on your home field.

Thanks, same to you guys.

Pretty much shut down Lyle Moevao and Jacuizz Rogers, you've shut down Oregon State. There Offense can do a lot of damage if you let them. If you take away all weapons, they don't have a prayer. Prime Example, our box score against them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=282500213

I feel if this is a team Penn State can dominate, so can Pitt.

This was the marquee non-conference game.

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I work with a guy from Oregon, he's all fired up about the game against Pitt. He's also talking smack to an Oklahoma State fan that works in the same office.

Oregon guy has two ponies in the race. Freaking bastrad!

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Hmmmmm. I guess that's what beating USC does to ya sometimes. That is, they're from Oregon.

Dino 6 Rings
12-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Took of work just so I could watch the Sun Bowl. Going to be a great game.

LETS GO PITT!

randy06
12-14-2008, 11:54 PM
I will be at the Sun Bowl Go PITT!!!

Dino 6 Rings
12-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I will be at the Sun Bowl Go PITT!!!

Totally Jealous!

Have a blast!

steelersfanman92
12-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Last time Pitt played Oregan State in a bowl they won in the 2002 Insight.com bowl 38-13, being there was insane after the game met Larry Fitzgerald, who was a freshmen at the time and I got him to sign my jersey. He has to be one of the most down to earth stars around. I just hope this game turns out the same way.

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Last time Pitt played Oregan State in a bowl they won in the 2002 Insight.com bowl 38-13, being there was insane after the game met Larry Fitzgerald, who was a freshmen at the time and I got him to sign my jersey. He has to be one of the most down to earth stars around. I just hope this game turns out the same way.

It could be the same way. The Rogers brothers who are supposed to be the top two offensive weapons for Oregon State at last check are out. Plus if a guy like Evan Royster in Penn State's case can have a great day running against the Beavers D, Shady should have a Field Day against them.

Dino 6 Rings
12-31-2008, 07:46 PM
GOD DAMN THAT WAS AWFUL!

Seriously...its a young team that needs to learn to win those type of games, but geezus...a 3-0 Bowl Loss...Fugly. Effing Ugly.

Shady got the ball once in the 1st quarter. Nutz. Stull couldn't hit the broad side of a barn all day long, and the o-line couldn't block my grandma with a bad hip and a walker.

Well, that's the end of the Pitt Football Season...suppose its time to break out the Pitt Basketball gear. Oakland Zoo in the House!

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2008, 09:17 PM
You Pitt fans should all be proud of that team. I felt that they would do no better then 6 or 7 wins. 9 wins is a step in the right direction.

Should be an interesting off season for the Panthers.

steelersfanman92
12-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Pitt needs to get rid of Cavanaugh, he has to be one of the worst play callers ever, with min left its 3 and 9 on the 40 and he calls a run right up the middle. The only good part of the game was that Bostic looked good on his few plays and hopefully will see more PT next year but over all it was still a pretty successfull season with 9 wins.

Now we have the #3 ranked Pitt Bball to root for!

Dino 6 Rings
01-01-2009, 09:33 AM
You Pitt fans should all be proud of that team. I felt that they would do no better then 6 or 7 wins. 9 wins is a step in the right direction.

Should be an interesting off season for the Panthers.

I'm happy with the 9 wins, no doubt about it. Its taken Dave 4 years to get the team winning again. Next he'll need to win the Big East and win a BCS Game. That's the next logical step.

And should Shady come back, we'll be very good next season without a doubt.

Michael Keller
01-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Pitt football is defintely heading in the right direction. if there is any talented Junior College QB out there, if I am Wanstedt I would go after him real hard.

Pitt has a great opportunity next year but the QB play must improve dramatically and unless Sunseri can step in I do not think Bostic and certainly not Stull can become impact players.

I think the coaching staff , including Cavanuagh , did a good job. Get a QB NOW.

lilyoder6
01-01-2009, 11:01 AM
that was a horrible game by pitt.. i think shady should of been more involved but thats imo...

Dino 6 Rings
01-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Yep, Shady should have been more involved, but that's been the story all season long. Cavanaugh almost always tries to out think the room instead of just lining it up and going foward.

He comes out in the second half with a new formation, with 2 full backs in front of shady, 3 guys in the back field, runs two plays with it and gets a first down...then never goes back to it...instead...he starts having Stull throw again...effing moronic. And for them to say Stull was hurt in the 3rd but not pulled til late in the 4th? That's effing retarded.

but that's what I've been dealing with since he's been OC. Just got to grin and bare it. Hopefully putting up a Goose Egg in a Bowl game has Dave re-evaluating keeping Matt on board.

tony hipchest
01-01-2009, 11:20 PM
i thought i mightve been a bit harsh from the disappointment of being at my first major college game and first shot at seein pitt play, but the PPG didnt hold any punches back-

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09001/939014-233.stm

EL PASO, Texas -- There are many words to describe the way Pitt's offense performed yesterday in the 75th edition of the Sun Bowl.

But words such as awful, atrocious, terrible, horrendous, disgraceful and embarrassingly bad probably aren't strong enough to describe the Panthers' performance.

Despite the inadequacies, Pitt still had a chance to win all the way until the end because of a tremendous effort by its defense against an undermanned and equally inept Oregon State offense -- but it just wasn't meant to be as the Panthers couldn't make one big play to pull out the victory.

The result was a 3-0 triumph by No. 24 Oregon State in a game played in front of a sun-splashed, near-capacity crowd of 49,037 at Sun Bowl Stadium.

The game was so poor, in fact, that the largest cheers by far came when the Village People performed at halftime and set a mark according to the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest performance of the "YMCA" dance.

There is no truth to the rumor that organizers of the Sun Bowl, which was billed as one of the showcase games of the bowl season because it involved two ranked teams hailing from two of the six major conferences, were considering canceling the fourth quarter and letting the Village People have an encore performance -- but nobody would have blamed them if that thought had crossed their minds. :chuckle:

ouch!

its true though. the loudest cheer from the pitt side was for tony dorsett. i dont know if it came across on tv, but the crowd boo'd much louder and more times during the game. (rightfully so).

i still stand by the decision to go for the 50+ yd fg at the end of the game.

that was their best shot of offensively putting points on the board and way more likely than completing a pass on 4th down.

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2009, 11:28 PM
i thought i mightve been a bit harsh from the disappointment of being at my first major college game and first shot at seein pitt play, but the PPG didnt hold any punches back-

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09001/939014-233.stm

ouch!

its true though. the loudest cheer from the pitt side was for tony dorsett. i dont know if it came across on tv, but the crowd boo'd much louder and more times during the game. (rightfully so).

i still stand by the decision to go for the 50+ yd fg at the end of the game.

that was their best shot of offensively putting points on the board and way more likely than completing a pass on 4th down.

Pitt should've been able to score at least a TD. I was absolutely stunned that they didn't.

tony hipchest
01-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Pitt should've been able to score at least a TD. I was absolutely stunned that they didn't.
i said midway through the 3rd quarter that the only chance they had at scoring a touchdown would be on defense.

i highly doubted they had a shot at a punt return (did have 1 good return that proved to be their longest "drive") and was fairly confident osu wouldnt score a td either to give them a kick off opportunity.

sad when a 15 yard penalty was their 2nd longest drive.

it was like the dolphins/steelers game on mnf last year. you just knew nobody was gonna score once the game tone was set. only difference is the weather was great.

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Stupid OC and Stull.

Give the ball to Shady 35 times and then talk to me. Effing out routes and Deep sideline routes all day doesn't fool a single person.

So mad at the way the game was called and played on the offensive side of the ball.

Pitt's defense, however, was spectacular.

SteelCityMan786
01-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Stupid OC and Stull.

Give the ball to Shady 35 times and then talk to me. Effing out routes and Deep sideline routes all day doesn't fool a single person.

So mad at the way the game was called and played on the offensive side of the ball.

Pitt's defense, however, was spectacular.

If they can keep the bulk of the D and get a better QB, MARK MY WORDS, Pitt WILL be competing for the Big East Championship next year.

lilyoder6
01-02-2009, 02:12 PM
i wonder if shady will come back... a lot of "experts" have shady being one of the best backs in the draft...

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2009, 06:45 PM
If they can keep the bulk of the D and get a better QB, MARK MY WORDS, Pitt WILL be competing for the Big East Championship next year.

We lose McKillop on D, but everyone else is pretty much back. Shady is still up in the air but is leaning hard at returning for one more season.

Stull makes me sick, and Bostick has won some big games in his day, but Dave hates to play the youth at the QB spot because Bostick still makes mistakes and has a really odd delivery that takes more time.

We keep 2 starting WRs and the entire O-line comes back, so we should be pretty dang good.

Dino 6 Rings
01-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Its official McCoy is coming back.

Plus the kid from NJ is signing as well, so our Running Game should be solid next season.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09006/939852-233.stm

SteelCityMan786
01-08-2009, 06:27 PM
http://post-gazette.com/pg/09008/940601-142.stm

Shady's going to the draft.

Dino 6 Rings
01-11-2009, 07:44 PM
well...PITT Basketball is still #1!

SteelCityMan786
01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
well...PITT Basketball is still #1!

At least you have that to sleep on.

Dino 6 Rings
01-11-2009, 07:54 PM
At least you have that to sleep on.

We'll see what Shady says tomorrow.

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Or tomorrow...he still hasn't made up his mind.

daleemnm
01-13-2009, 03:44 PM
lol..you guys lose McCoy back into mediocrity the Panthers go. =)

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2009, 04:16 PM
lol..you guys lose McCoy back into mediocrity the Panthers go. =)

Oh you think so? why have you now figured out a way to actually score points against? Cause 2 years in a row we've shut you down!

lilyoder6
01-13-2009, 04:21 PM
i would have to say that the off will go down.. but the def is still good

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2009, 04:34 PM
If he goes pro, I'll be a fan of his, just like I was for Curtis Martin and am for Larry Fitz, if he stays, I'll cheer him on.

But college football is like that, guys don't stick around that long. I think he'd have a viable chance in the Heisman race (which is what happened to Fitz to get his draft status so high) if he stayed. I think his value would only increase if he stayed and his paycheck would be sick in the 2010 draft. But if he's looking for a quick buck now, for whatever reason, god bless him.

Pitt will go on. They have a couple stud recruits lined up, and McCoy was really lightning in a bottle for us, with zero other teams interested in him when he hurt his knee. So we got lucky to get him, but now, other backs are looking at Pitt again and that's awesome.

Dino 6 Rings
01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
McCoy to Go Pro

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09014/941664-142.stm

I wish him luck

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2009, 04:26 PM
McCoy to Go Pro

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09014/941664-142.stm

I wish him luck

I wouldn't mind seeing him move to the locker not too far down the hall from the Pitt Locker Room at Heinz Field.

Dino 6 Rings
01-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Actually the Pitt fullback Collins would be a great pick up addition to our backfield.