PDA

View Full Version : NCAA vs. NFL

steelersfanman92
07-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Which game do you like more?

Personally I take the NFL its a higher caliber game

atlsteelers
07-31-2008, 08:22 AM
I like the Steelers better but down here in the south there is no comparasion everybody loves College Football. But other than the steelers i prefer college football.

Dino 6 Rings
07-31-2008, 08:25 AM
I love both for different reasons. For game in game out the best there is, the NFL is the greatest. The games are crisper and cleaner and the plays are just better. However, for the Rivalries and the drama and the upsets that matter, College has the NFL Beat.

revefsreleets
07-31-2008, 08:42 AM
College. Each game has more meaning. IF the Steelers lose, I'm mildly bummed but start looking forward to the next game...if the Bucks lose, it could very well mean the whole season is ruined...

warddj86
08-06-2008, 04:21 PM
i look forward to Sunday more than Saturday, the NFL, the NCAA, the games have more meaning, but I still say NFL

xfl2001fan
08-06-2008, 04:41 PM
I love the precision of the NFL, but the game day atmosphere of college football is much more exciting. It's a push in my eyes! Then again, I enjoy watching football in all it's forms!

Mosca
08-06-2008, 05:00 PM
I work on Saturdays, and have for the past 22 years, so I've lost touch with the college game somewhat. I prefer the pros, strongly.

Aside from the reason I mentioned, I liked the college game more when it didn't resemble the pros as much. I liked the college game in the days of the triple option and the fast backs, when teams ran and ran and ran. Too many college teams today look like small, slow pro teams.

lilyoder6
08-06-2008, 05:05 PM
i like both games b/c one is ncaa and the other is pro.. there both fun

SteelCityMan786
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
I like both. NCAA provides the chance to see the future of the NFL and the NFL brings out the best players of now.

The Duke
08-06-2008, 07:30 PM
the NFL brings out the best players of now.

exactly, nothing better than watching the best of the best on the field

of college I only watch the big games, but I have to say I still enjoy them

revefsreleets
08-07-2008, 07:49 AM
You know, it is hard to compare the two. I've been to the Shoe for a big Buck's game, and I'd like to say nothing compares to it, but I was also at the playoff game against Jax last year and we went down and stood in front of the scoreboard with the "standing room only" crowd during the comeback, and I also have to say I've never felt intensity from a crwod like that either. Apples and oranges, and they are both great, but I still give the slight nod to the NCAA games because so much more is on the line for each game.

atlsteelers
08-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Hey - rev - thats were i stand - by the scorboard when i go to games. too bad the whole stadium is not as loud or as crazy as the folks that stand. it would make the steelers game alot better.

i have season tickets (or my girl does) to UGA games. Some games can be more mild than others but when we played auburn last year and came out in the black jerseys - that was the loudest stadium and most rockin stadium that i have been in.

revefsreleets
08-07-2008, 10:05 AM
I've always wanted to check out "the vibe" of standing down there, and I have to say, there's no way the atmosphere didn't/doesn't affect the opposing team. And Heinz is nowhere near as claustrophobic as many college stadiums in the way they wrap around and surround the field.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
08-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I've been a Steelers fan since I was seven years old (1981), but the college game to me is much more exciting; especially for those of us who live in the South. The gameday atmosphere on a college campus beats anything that the NFL has. I can't sleep on Friday nights in the fall because of my anticipation of Saturday's college games. I work on a I-A college campus (Troy University) and the excitment here is already building for the season.

I've been to a Super Bowl (Steelers v. Seahawks) and one national championship college game (1993 Sugar Bowl: Alabama v. Miami) and the environment inside the Superdome for the Alabama/Miami game was more intense and much louder than the atmosphere inside Ford Field for the Steelers and Seahawks.

millwalldavey
08-11-2008, 01:01 PM
I love the Steelers. But I only watch one game a week in the NFL.

I love the college game... there are just so many possibilities.

High School is my favorite, just for the purity and the atmosphere.

pittsburghp8baller
08-21-2008, 01:16 PM
college for me. i love the steelers, but that is all i watch the steelers. ill watch any college game on tv, so much more variety in college than in the pros. every1 runs the same thing more or less. i still love watching air force and navy run the triple option and even though im not a West Virginia fan i still like watching them run the spread and of course u know i love watching my warriors run the run-n-shoot. i love the rivalries, i went to an air force-navy game and the mascots got into a full blown pushing match with a few punches being thrown! nothing lives up to the atmosphere of the college game

GoFins11
08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
College all the way. The excitement in a big time program stadium is unbelievable. I think NCAA Rivalries are more in play than NFL.

atlsteelers
08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Hey gofins - i just got my tickets to the world's largest profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltertail party. it should be a great game.

wow that profanity filter is out of control - should i say the world's largest adultbeverage party?

revefsreleets
08-26-2008, 03:53 PM
The PCers steeped in and changed that, you know? It's also not "The Red River Shootout" anymore, it's something gayer and more retarded now...

Thanks, PC!:thumbsup:

atlsteelers
08-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Ya i know its been changed but only on CBS and ESPN, the fans still call it the largest outdoor c*cktail party.

revefsreleets
08-27-2008, 09:04 AM
What do they call it now, anyway?

GoFins11
09-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Hey gofins - i just got my tickets to the world's largest profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltertail party. it should be a great game.

wow that profanity filter is out of control - should i say the world's largest adultbeverage party?

That is a great game to go to. I'll be making a road trip for the 09 party.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-07-2008, 02:51 AM
That is a great game to go to. I'll be making a road trip for the 09 party.

USC vs. Florida could be in the cards.

GoFins11
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
USC vs. Florida could be in the cards.

I was at the 2006 USC vs. Florida game. It was the game with the blocked kick at the end.

:thumbsup:I still get excited when I think about that play.

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Capital One Bowl?

GoFins11
09-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Capital One Bowl?

What are you referring to?

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 09:31 AM
09 Florida vs USC in the Capital One Bowl

Nah, that won't work. USC is only going to lose one game and will certainly be in a BCS game.

GoFins11
09-09-2008, 09:53 AM
09 Florida vs USC in the Capital One Bowl

Nah, that won't work. USC is only going to lose one game and will certainly be in a BCS game.

Oops, we were referring to South Carolina.

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Oops, we were referring to South Carolina.

Not when Haiku Dirt is involved...perhaps YOU were, but he only knows one college football team, and it AIN'T South Carolina.

GoFins11
09-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Not when Haiku Dirt is involved...perhaps YOU were, but he only knows one college football team, and it AIN'T South Carolina.

My bad I thought he was another poster.