PDA

View Full Version : Did the American Flag disappear?

TroysBadDawg
08-01-2008, 05:21 AM
The U.S. flag no longer appears on the tail of the plane that will be used by presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama (Courtesy Chicago Sun-Times)
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/sbouvier/FwdNotsu.jpg

Is this showing his true colors? He is bigger than the Flag that he wouldn't wear until now.

stillers4me
08-01-2008, 06:49 AM
I'm disliking this guy more and more.

GBMelBlount
08-01-2008, 06:57 AM
If this is true, I am certain we will be hearing an explanation shortly as to why this is in no way unamerican. :popcorn:

Dino 6 Rings
08-01-2008, 09:21 AM
technically, there is a flag still on the plane, its just on the side. However...I find it scary and kind of creepy that a guy known for giving motivating speeches, gathering the youth to his "banner" and not really having ideas to fix things but places the blames for the woes of the country on a group of people, the GOP, talks about hope and change and then goes and designs his own Symbol to represent those who follow him.

Sounds like someone in history I read about once...what was that guys name? He had a funny first name too, something like Adolph or something along those lines.

tony hipchest
08-01-2008, 09:55 AM
get a grip people. mccains plane has no flag either. :doh:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/untitled-2.jpg

does that mean mccain is stalin? his logo isnt even red white and blue. his plane is FREAKING YELLOW! :banging: does that mean he is showing his "true colors"???

absolutely hilarious! :toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2008, 10:07 AM

Who says it isn't on the other side of the plane?

tony hipchest
08-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Who says it isn't on the other side of the plane?me. :applaudit: :hatsoff: thank you

ive just owned this thread. we might as well just lock it up and save everybody the trouble and rediculous responses.

:popcorn:

Atlanta Dan
08-01-2008, 11:10 AM
I heard Michelle Obama personally scraped the flag decal off the tail of the Obama plane and burned it

tony hipchest
08-01-2008, 11:19 AM
I heard Michelle Obama personally scraped the flag decal off the tail of the Obama plane and burned it:sofunny:

then it must be true!

i heard on the other side of the mccain campaign plane is a painted mural replica of George Washington crossing the Delaware.

doesnt get more patriotic than that!

Godfather
08-01-2008, 01:05 PM
As a McCaniac, I wish people would stop with the red herring issues like this. It makes it look like we can't win the election based on the issues and the merits of the candidates.

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2008, 01:21 PM
me. :applaudit: :hatsoff: thank you

ive just owned this thread. we might as well just lock it up and save everybody the trouble and rediculous responses.

:popcorn:

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

klick81
08-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Wow...i'm glad people are paying attention to the issues we REALLY care about.

millwalldavey
08-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Wow. It's amazing what little things people read into more than they should.

TroysBadDawg
08-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I would love to see the issues but Obama presents none. He avoids them, but when he does address one it is vague with no substance.

Tony are you on his payroll?

I love the quote of the week.

Quote of the week from Sir Charles Barkley:
"Poor People have been voting for Democrats
for the last 50 years ... and they are still poor."

tony hipchest
08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
I would love to see the issues but Obama presents none. He avoids them, but when he does address one it is vague with no substance.

Nope. Im a volunteer.

I freeley point out bullsh!t when i see and smell it. :poop:

Why? Are you on McCains payroll? Or do you give him your money?

Obama has issues. He obviously has issues with a decal of the flag on the tail of his plane. :chuckle:

But then again so does McCain. :doh:

Checkmate. :usa:

Atlanta Dan
08-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Nope. Im a volunteer.

I freeley point out bullsh!t when i see and smell it. :poop:
:

But don't you know if it is on the Internet it must be true?:sofunny:

Mosca
08-01-2008, 09:53 PM
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

Professor Halford E. Luccok of Yale Divinity School, September 11, 1938

Preacher
08-01-2008, 11:47 PM
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

Professor Halford E. Luccok of Yale Divinity School, September 11, 1938

Funny...

that was the same school that was physically attacking Christians and throwing them off campus 50 years before that... well, that and a few other Ivy league schools.

TroysBadDawg
08-02-2008, 05:39 AM
Did I give McCain Money this year? Let me look at my check register, So far this year we have written 50.00 to the Republican Party, 25.00 to the Ohio Libertarian Party, 100.00 for the Ohio CCW.org, 100.00 to the 2nd Amendment Foundation, 25.00 to the ILA, nope nothing for McCain yet. But we can if we want.

Mosca
08-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Funny...

that was the same school that was physically attacking Christians and throwing them off campus 50 years before that... well, that and a few other Ivy league schools.

Explain how that makes it any less true. Christianity is just as easily subverted by fascism as any other denomination; in fact, it has been proposed as the perfect choice for American fascists. I'm in a bit of a rush, typing over breakfast and wanting to be at work on time, but I'll find you at least two references.

stillers4me
08-02-2008, 08:39 AM

I love the quote of the week.

Quote of the week from Sir Charles Barkley:
"Poor People have been voting for Democrats
for the last 50 years ... and they are still poor."

Bingo......we have a winner! Does New Orleans and Katrina smell familiar? I just shake my head every time one of my family in Pa. complains about taxes, not having a job, and the economy of the area. Yet they insist on voting for the same Democrat politicians that put them there.

Goody......with a Democrat controlled congress and and Dem in the White House, we can all look forward to "the good life".

Mosca
08-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Funny...

Before you go throwing stones at the esteemed professor, you may want to reference some of his other writings. You may be surprised.

The Christian message is not an exhortation -- "try hard to be good." Good advice, but there is no saving gospel in that.

EPIPHANY A scientist said, making a plea for exchange scholarships between nations, "The very best way to send an idea is to wrap it up in a person." That was what happened at Christmas. The idea of divine love was wrapped up in a Person.

Many years ago Rudyard Kipling gave an address at McGill University in Montreal. He said one striking thing which deserves to be remembered. Warning the students against an over-concern for money, or position, or glory, he said: "Some day you will meet a man who cares for none of these things. Then you will know how poor you are."

Years ago a man named Halford E. Lucprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter said that there are many kinds of churches. One is preoccupied with the mechanics of the organization. Activities loom larger than love. He calls such a church “the Church of the Holy Fidgets.” Marked by busyness, it never gets down to the real reason for its existence.

He described a church in Chicago that is another kind of church. Named St. Stephens, it is called “the Church at the End of the Road.” Lucprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter concluded that “the end of the road” is a fitting location for a church. There are so many people at the end of life’s road whose strength and hope are gone; it is there the church needs to be. ( Halford E. Lucprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter, MORE PREACHING VALUES IN THE EPISTLES OF PAUL, Vol. II, (New York: Harper and Brothers Publishers, 1961), p. 217.)

Halford Lucprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter was describing the church at its best—a caring church, a church where love is experienced. Jesus said that the world would know his disciples by their love for one another—and that was certainly true of the church on the Day of Pentecost. They ate together, sang together, and worshipped together. They even had their possessions in common. They drew their strength from their powerful sense of unity.

Different iterations of the quote at hand:

"It is a peculiarity of the development of American fascism that at the present stage it comes forward principally in the guise of an opposition to fascism, which it accuses of being an "un-American" trend imported from abroad."

Georgi Dimitrov, Seventh World Congress of the Communist International, 1935

It was said, I think, by Dr. Johnson that "patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." This may well be true. Sinclair Lewis aptly predicted in It Can't Happen Here that if fascism came to America it would come wrapped in the flag and whistling "The Star Spangled Banner."

Harrison Evans Salisbury, The Many Americans Shall be One, 1971

Ron Paul said the exact quote last year, referencing Mike Huckabee's inference that he was the only Christian in the Republican primary race.

And Luccok himself,

http://shii.org/mediawiki/images/1/1f/Fascism.png

Mosca
08-02-2008, 09:27 AM
The point being, much of what we are experiencing here in this thread is distracting to the true message: "everything that is against love is eventually doomed and damned." And attempts to bring Christianity to politics often get sidetracked into christofascism.

Mosca
08-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Goody......with a Democrat controlled congress and and Dem in the White House, we can all look forward to "the good life".

Yeah, not this wonderful world that the Republicans have handed off. After 8 years I'd have to say that the Republicans blew it. They had every chance to show me that their way was better, AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN FOLLOW IT THEMSELVES! Instead the spent the treasury like drunken sailors on shore leave, and lined their own pockets as if they were Clinton cronies themselves. Add that to the raping of the EPA and FDA and NSF, and I have to say that they blew it when it came to showing that the conservative ideology is superior... all they showed was that they didn't have any self control when it came to ending the quest for more power and starting the quest for better government. The amassing of power became the goal, and better government was forgotten.

You can't really sit there at your keyboard and say that we should keep going down this path now, can you?

CantStop85
08-02-2008, 10:32 AM

does that mean mccain is stalin? his logo isnt even red white and blue. his plane is FREAKING YELLOW! :banging: does that mean he is showing his "true colors"???

absolutely hilarious! :toofunny:

Game. Set. Match. :chuckle:

stillers4me
08-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah, not this wonderful world that the Republicans have handed off. After 8 years I'd have to say that the Republicans blew it. They had every chance to show me that their way was better, AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN FOLLOW IT THEMSELVES! Instead the spent the treasury like drunken sailors on shore leave, and lined their own pockets as if they were Clinton cronies themselves. Add that to the raping of the EPA and FDA and NSF, and I have to say that they blew it when it came to showing that the conservative ideology is superior... all they showed was that they didn't have any self control when it came to ending the quest for more power and starting the quest for better government. The amassing of power became the goal, and better government was forgotten.

You can't really sit there at your keyboard and say that we should keep going down this path now, can you?

I'd rather live in this world than the "the government will take care of me" attitude that develops from the hand out policies of the Democrats. Once they get you in their pockets, you're dependent on them and then are screwed. Oh, the politians make big promises, they'll take care of you alright. Vote for me and I'll keep the handouts coming. Then there are no jobs........just government handouts and new generations of people that know nothing else. It's happening in areas all over the country, Katrina just made it abundantly clear in Louisiana.

Yeah, you bet I'd live in this world, where I'm working a good days work, come home tired, and take care of myself and my own. I don't expect the government to do anything except let me keep what I earn.

I can't say I agree on how the current adminstration has handled everything, but it's nothing that can't be turned around. And not the Obama wants to do it. That is if he ever can tell us anything except cute bumper sticker slogans like "Change" and "We can't drill our way out of the problem" and "4 more years of the Bush policies."

People need to look beyond the agenda driven headlines of media .And as for as the topic of the thread, flag or no flag on airplanes, I don't think anybody can argue the differnce in patriotism between McCain and Obama. I get the feeling that McCain is not in this for the power rush. He's in his mid seventies and there's a whole lot of other things a person that age would rather be doing. He doesn't need this. He wants to do this for the good of his country, to know that he has done everything but give his own life (which he nearly did) for his country. Obama, on the other hand, is a creation of the Democrats, a mythical "recreation" of the so called John Kennedy legend. It's too bad there's no substance to the whole thing. I'm afraid they've created a monster instead.

Nobody is going to change anybody elses mind on who they are voting for on this board. It's just scares the daylights out me to read some of this stuff.

Mosca
08-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Nobody is going to change anybody elses mind on who they are voting for on this board. It's just scares the daylights out me to read some of this stuff.

I don't mind the debate, and I appreciate the thought that goes into your opinion. I'm in no way sold on EITHER candidate; neither is actually nominated yet, they haven't faced off in debate... and the parties haven't even formally announced their platforms!

What scares me is that there are people who will base their decisions not on careful thought (as you do), but on whether or not a plane has a flag decal on it. Voting for the guy who amasses the most patriotic symbols... that's what scares me.

stillers4me
08-02-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't mind the debate, and I appreciate the thought that goes into your opinion. I'm in no way sold on EITHER candidate; neither is actually nominated yet, they haven't faced off in debate... and the parties haven't even formally announced their platforms!

What scares me is that there are people who will base their decisions not on careful thought (as you do), but on whether or not a plane has a flag decal on it. Voting for the guy who amasses the most patriotic symbols... that's what scares me.

:drink:

I work in a medical office and listen to patient's (alot of older people) conversations in the waiting room. It's amazing some of the misinformation that comes out of their mouths. And then there's the younger ones that vote for someone because so and so told them to or they don't read beyond the headline on a blog.And they all have a vote. :doh:

Mosca
08-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah. I got no problem with people being opposed to Obama's ideas; IMO, those SHOULD be held up to close scrutiny. But flag pins, fist bumps, middle name, etc? Distracting rubbish.

Godfather
08-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Bingo......we have a winner! Does New Orleans and Katrina smell familiar? I just shake my head every time one of my family in Pa. complains about taxes, not having a job, and the economy of the area. Yet they insist on voting for the same Democrat politicians that put them there.

Those might not be the best exapmles. There was plenty about Katrina to make both parties look bad. Not just Brownie and Chertoff, but Haley Barbour is a lot worse than what's been prtrayed in the media. And Pennsylvania has been run into the ground by a bipartisan gaggle of assclowns (remember the midnight pay raise for a recent example?)

stillers4me
08-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Those might not be the best exapmles. There was plenty about Katrina to make both parties look bad. Not just Brownie and Chertoff, but Haley Barbour is a lot worse than what's been prtrayed in the media. And Pennsylvania has been run into the ground by a bipartisan gaggle of assclowns (remember the midnight pay raise for a recent example?)

What I meant was what the area was like for years and years prior to a natural disaster, not after it. All we saw was people sitting around blaming the government for not doing anything for them. Hey, they were told that the government was going to take care of everything thing for them no matter what, and the only finger they had to lift was at the voting booth. What happened to the resilient grittiness we saw in New York after 9/11 and in the midwest after the floods this year? Louisiana is a Democratic stronghold and a prime example of an culture of entitlement and how politicians benefit from it. And I see it happening in my home state of Pennsylvania. I tell my own relatives, if you don't like being unemployed paying high taxes then try this concept....."change". The Democrats arren't helping you by keeping you down and out. What are they doing to bring prosperity back to the state? They look at me like I have horns sticking out of my head.

Mosca
08-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Uh, I don't know about that, my friend. I think the problems of Louisiana are much, much deeper than what you describe. I really can't look at the region and imagine that 100 years of Republicanism would have worked any better. Or differently, even.

What I meant was what the area was like for years and years prior to a natural disaster, not after it. All we saw was people sitting around blaming the government for not doing anything for them. Hey, they were told that the government was going to take care of everything thing for them no matter what, and the only finger they had to lift was at the voting booth. What happened to the resilient grittiness we saw in New York after 9/11 and in the midwest after the floods this year? Louisiana is a Democratic stronghold and a prime example of an culture of entitlement and how politicians benefit from it. And I see it happening in my home state of Pennsylvania. I tell my own relatives, if you don't like being unemployed paying high taxes then try this concept....."change". The Democrats arren't helping you by keeping you down and out. What are they doing to bring prosperity back to the state? They look at me like I have horns sticking out of my head.

revefsreleets
08-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Wow.

We are getting farther and farther away from the important stuff...

Lapel buttons? Flags on planes?

Godfather
08-02-2008, 04:00 PM

There's plenty of resilient grittiness in Louisiana. I've seen it myself and seen it on the local news, but the national media won't tell you that. It doesn't fit the narrative.

9/11 isn't a good comparison. Louisiana had its (then) largest city 80% underwater, communications knocked out, roads and bridges destroyed, and its major economic engines (the port and the universities) closed down. 9/11 was horrific but it affected a small area of Manhattan and most of the city was still functional. The Midwest is getting billions in economic assistance and is enjoying the benefits of what we learned from the incompetent Katrina response.

As far as the Democrats in Pa are concerned, how much of the past 12 years has the Democratic Party controlled the state legislature?