PDA

View Full Version : two-a-days suck...

19ward86
08-01-2008, 11:52 AM
I just started my two-a-day practices on thursday and i feel like my legs are going to fall off. I slept past my alarm clock today and had extas in which we call "the baker". Im not sure what the intensity is on the NFL or collegiate level but i can barely imagine being pushed more. My practices are from 7-10 am then 5-8 pm and i sleep from noon to 4 or so. i have no life right now, lol. Even though i feel like my legs are asleep and my throat is dry, i know at the end of the day that i have a special place in my mind for football and that is all that keeps me going. Just thought that some would like to hear about practice, for most it has probably been a few years since they were in football. :coffee:

xfl2001fan
08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that the guys in College and the NFL are in better shape than you are...and they all hate 2-a-days too. Hang in there. If you really want to avoid this feeling, you should have started working out harder 3 months ago. My sophomore season sucked bad...but my Junior year was much easier. It's just a matter of taking care of your body better.

Too little, too late now, but there's always next year eh?

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I just started my two-a-day practices on thursday and i feel like my legs are going to fall off. I slept past my alarm clock today and had extas in which we call "the baker". Im not sure what the intensity is on the NFL or collegiate level but i can barely imagine being pushed more. My practices are from 7-10 am then 5-8 pm and i sleep from noon to 4 or so. i have no life right now, lol. Even though i feel like my legs are asleep and my throat is dry, i know at the end of the day that i have a special place in my mind for football and that is all that keeps me going. Just thought that some would like to hear about practice, for most it has probably been a few years since they were in football. :coffee:

We just started out pre-camp and I feel wiped out. But hey look at it this way, it will only make you stronger down the line. And just feel thankful you're not in my shoes and have 3 a days once training camp starts(Yes 3 a days) for almost a week. What season are you in?

Big7BenHOF
08-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Our two-a-days don't start until the 18th. I'm still in JV (sophomore), but our varsity has three-a-days for a whole week and they stay that whole week at the school.

lilyoder6
08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
we start ours here on mon.. and at least u get a break during the afternoon.. we go from 7-11 and then 1-5.. we have a 1 break to get a cold shower and a new set of clothes and thats it.. but honeslty it's not that bad if u conditioned urself during the off-season like ur supposed to do.. but if u didn't then i can see where u could be dieing

tony hipchest
08-01-2008, 04:38 PM
dont sweat it and enjoy it while you can.

when you get older "two-a-days" consist of going poop twice.

millwalldavey
08-01-2008, 08:17 PM
We just started out pre-camp and I feel wiped out. But hey look at it this way, it will only make you stronger down the line. And just feel thankful you're not in my shoes and have 3 a days once training camp starts(Yes 3 a days) for almost a week. What season are you in?

My friend used to have 3-a-days in college at Bloomsburg. He'd eat all summer and then go into camp and drop 30 lbs!

ShutDown24
08-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I love it lol

19ward86
08-04-2008, 01:31 PM
I am a senior on varsity preparing to start this year, im a Keyshawn Johnson type of player (haha). Im slow but i have height and hands. My cheezy nickname that i got from our WR coach is the sniper...he sells beer, haha. 1 catch 1 touchdown. I have been conditioning and lifting since February. Im in shape but...im not a track athlete, lets put it that way, lol.

stlrtruck
08-04-2008, 01:45 PM
dont sweat it and enjoy it while you can.

when you get older "two-a-days" consist of going poop twice.

And praying one of them isn't in your pants!!! :rofl: :toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
08-04-2008, 02:01 PM
I am a senior on varsity preparing to start this year, im a Keyshawn Johnson type of player (haha). Im slow but i have height and hands. My cheezy nickname that i got from our WR coach is the sniper...he sells beer, haha. 1 catch 1 touchdown. I have been conditioning and lifting since February. Im in shape but...im not a track athlete, lets put it that way, lol.

I might have suggested running track to.

Blitzburgh_Fever
08-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I might have suggested running track to.

For WR sure. I played tailback in HS and one year I ran track and wrestled. I ended up losing far too much weight (was down to 160 at 5'9, down from about 178), mostly from the track and getting super tone for wrestling. I'd suggest wrestling, but make sure you eat a ton, and if you do track you have to continue to do weight training (and keep eating).