PDA

View Full Version : Let's go Colts!!

AvoidLLoyd95
11-20-2005, 05:21 PM
I like the colts for about 4 quarters today. The only way today's loss hurts is if the Bungles beat Indy. If they lose, same record, same tie-break. Ben comes back next week. The D played good today and always come with it on Monday night. Just pray the Bungals don't become the Bengals today. Then all will be o.k.

DuceOnTheLoose
11-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Yeah, even though I dont like seeing an undefeated team, unless its the steelers, I hope the Colts win and we get to clean em up next week

shevdog
11-20-2005, 05:25 PM
I like the colts for about 4 quarters today. The only way today's loss hurts is if the Bungles beat Indy. If they lose, same record, same tie-break. Ben comes back next week. The D played good today and always come with it on Monday night. Just pray the Bungals don't become the Bengals today. Then all will be o.k.

Agreed.

8 days until the next game... Let's go Big Ben!

SteelersFever
11-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Wooohooo!!! Another TD for the Colts. Colts leading, 35-17.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Damn Bungles won't go away......

Suitanim
11-20-2005, 05:56 PM
I completely disagree, and I was very unpopular at Damon's for saying so...

Here's why.

We own the Bungals. They are still our little *****es. We'll beat them December 4th in the Burgh, and own the tie break.

If Cincy beats Indy, they first remove the bullshit stigma surrounding the Colts as far as the unbeaten streak is concerned. Second, they move into first place in our division only temporarily...that is the point that seems to elude most of the people i talked too...Finally, I'd like to hand Indy their second loss in a row. They haven't played any teams with real balance this year, and they suddenly get two in a row...

I also think, as I'm watching the Bengals Colts game as I type, that we can remove all the hysteria concerning the Colts D. It is overrated. The Bungals have thrown up 20 on them in the first half alone.

In the long run, the Bengals do us a favor by beating the Colts.

Koopa
11-20-2005, 06:02 PM
or if the bengals win, it pisses off peyton and with our secondary you don't want a pissed of peyton. i rather play a team that just beat the bengals and might be high on themselves. GO COLTS!!!!

AvoidLLoyd95
11-20-2005, 06:06 PM
I must disagree with you. If the Bungles win today they are a game up. Next week if the Colts beat the Steelers, which is very possible, and the Bengals win against whoever they play, they are up two games on us. Even if we beat them in Heinz, the tie breaker matters squat if the Steelers and Bengals win the rest of their games this year. Indy needs to win today.

Prosdo
11-20-2005, 06:11 PM
If we won today I was going with Cincy, but now that we lost go Colts!!!

Koopa
11-20-2005, 06:13 PM
hell if we won today i was still going for the colts, i want the bengals to lose every game no matter what, and i want an undefeated colts team

bengalsfan21
11-20-2005, 06:14 PM
We own the Bungals. They are still our little *****es.

And the Steelers are the Patriots little *****es so it is all good

SteelersFever
11-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Hold them tears in bengalsfan21. Let the truth be heard and acknowledged without aggression. :bouncy:

Suitanim
11-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey, it is what it is.

The practical matter at hand is definitely the fact that the Colts defense, having played almost nobody, was so incredibly overrated that people actually started to buy into their own bullshit.

Now they play a team that can run and pass, and they give up 27 points in one half?

We all know that the Bengals defense was no great shakes, since we beat them up just running the ball, but we needed a gage as to how tough the Colts D really was.

Now we know.

Prosdo
11-20-2005, 06:23 PM
I don't know I didn't catch much of the 1st half, but looking at the score damn where's the defense on both sides. Lot of points for one half.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Apparently the Bungles defense is terrible, they gave up 35 points in the first half.

Suitanim
11-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Um...do you read preceding posts?

I'm making a pretty compelling argument, if anyone would actually consider it...

Prosdo
11-20-2005, 06:37 PM
I can see both sides of the arguement. I really do want the Colts to lose and show they aren't as unbeatable as everyone thinks, but at the same time it would be nice to stay in pace with Cincy. I guess either way it could work out well.

Suitanim
11-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Prosdo, we can hand them two defeats in a row...that's a great demeaning moral loss to them.

The press has pumped them up so much, it's time for a reality check.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Um...do you read preceding posts?

I'm making a pretty compelling argument, if anyone would actually consider it...
Sorry, was skimming and didn't read it as well as I should have. I would have to say my argument was just as compelling as yours. The Bengals winning today is not a good thing. They are showing us the Colts weaknesses on D, but them winning would not help the Steelers in the long run.

Prosdo
11-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Very good point. I wish we would have just won our game. Would of made things easier lol

Koopa
11-20-2005, 07:01 PM
well who cares what the media says, we all know they are beatable just look at the score. their d is overrated, and since we already know this......GO COLTS, i much rather stay first in the division then be one game back. cause even though the colts d isn't as good as everyone thinks their O is and us beating them isn't a gimme

Suitanim
11-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Very good point. I wish we would have just won our game. Would of made things easier lol

THAT's why we need a Bengal's victory.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-20-2005, 07:20 PM
The Bengals need to lose so The Steelers keep the Tie Breaker. Period. Our Defense is better than the Bungles so we can hopefully keep the scoring low next week. We need to keep even with them for now.

Suitanim
11-20-2005, 07:25 PM
The Bengals need to lose so The Steelers keep the Tie Breaker. Period. Our Defense is better than the Bungles so we can hopefully keep the scoring low next week. We need to keep even with them for now.

No. No. No.

It's all no. What the ****, dude? We already have the tie breaker. We beat the Colts and beat the Bengals and we have all these things.

Is there anyone here besides me who actually envisions the big picture? I'm getting lonely out here on the correct tip...

tony hipchest
11-20-2005, 07:40 PM
right now i think its about forgetting the colts and worrying about the division. especially with the injuries the steelers are facing. id hate to lose a wildcard spot to jaxsonville because of a similar debaucle as today. lets win the division. down with the bengals

AvoidLLoyd95
11-20-2005, 07:42 PM
No. No. No.

It's all no. What the ****, dude? We already have the tie breaker. We beat the Colts and beat the Bengals and we have all these things.

Is there anyone here besides me who actually envisions the big picture? I'm getting lonely out here on the correct tip...
Looking at the big picture? Let's say the Colts lose. What if they beat the Steelers next week? What if Cincy wins out the rest of the year, besides the Steeler game? That would still put them one game up on the Steelers, even if they win out the rest of their games. Now I like to be optimistic, but I also look at the BIG picture. All of that could happen. Until the Steelers can go up on the Bengals when they beat them at home later this season, hopefully, they need to keep even with them. Meaning today, a Colts win.

Suitanim
11-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Well, the Colts/Bungals game is over. But te Colts defense is exposed. They are vastly overrated.

We win next Monday.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Colts win, point is moot. Have a nice day and hope for a win Monday. I am done being a Colts fan.

Suitanim
11-20-2005, 07:46 PM
My logic is sound. I hope I don't have to say "I told you so" later...

Koopa
11-20-2005, 07:46 PM
we only have a chance to win if ben plays. maddox starts we have no chance in hell of even competting with them

AvoidLLoyd95
11-20-2005, 07:52 PM
My logic is sound. I hope I don't have to say "I told you so" later...
For all it's worth and no disrespect meant to you, your logic is making absolutely no sense to me. The Steelers are still in first, and they have a good blueprint for a win next Monday. How a Bungles win could have benefited the Steelers today is very confusing to me. We need to win in our division and Indy is not in our division, Cincy is. That is what counts most right now. Hopefully Ben will be back and we can get another W under our belt next week. Isn't that at all logical to you?

bengalsfan21
11-20-2005, 07:53 PM
The D sucks we have a playoff caliber offense and an expansion team defense.....But nobody can take anything from the Bengals offense.

bengalsfan21
11-20-2005, 07:54 PM
For all it's worth and no disrespect meant to you, your logic is making absolutely no sense to me. The Steelers are still in first, and they have a good blueprint for a win next Monday. How a Bungles win could have benefited the Steelers today is very confusing to me. We need to win in our division and Indy is not in our division, Cincy is. That is what counts most right now. Hopefully Ben will be back and we can get another W under our belt next week. Isn't that at all logical to you?

Bengals and Steelers are deadlocked in 1st with one divisional loss each

AvoidLLoyd95
11-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Bengals and Steelers are deadlocked in 1st with one divisional loss each
Actually, the Steelers are in first with the Tie breaker for the win at Cincy earlier this year, for the record.

bengalsfan21
11-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Actually, the Steelers are in first with the Tie breaker for the win at Cincy earlier this year, for the record.

O well it changes next week when we beat Baltimore and you guys lose to Indy :poke:

AvoidLLoyd95
11-20-2005, 08:16 PM
We'll see, we'll see. If they do beat the Colts, we can thank the Bun:duel: :duel: gals for it. Gee, I do think the Raven's will be up to take out the two best teams in their division, two weeks in a row, don't you?

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2005, 08:16 PM
BengalsFan21 - As I have been saying for weeks, it all comes down to the Heinz Field game in 2 weeks - Steelers win that game they win tiebreakers with Bengals - Steelers lose that game they are playing for the wildcard.

Biggest impact of today's Steelers loss is not on the division race but in hurting the chance for homefield playoffs advantage over Denver.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2005, 09:29 PM
We need to take care of the division first and worry about home field later. We need to get atleast a first round bye to rest up and get healthy.

The Colts were just too much for the bengals. When you cant stop the run, u cant stop the pass...plain and simple.

I.C. Lights
11-20-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm glad the Bengals lost to Indy, but it does sort of screw our hopes for homefield advantage. Then, of course, you have to ask how much that matters, considering our road record and recent history having HFA.

Anyway, today's game will give us the focus we need for the rest of the season. It sucks that we lost, but we had been playing sort of crappy for a while now. When Ben comes back we'll be more fired up than ever. We will sweep the Colts and Bengals.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2005, 10:23 PM
We were fortunate indeed that the bengals couldnt get it done. we dodged a bullet for sure.. but thats life in the NFL.

now is the time for redemption and it starts this week by dethrowning the colts!

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Undefeated Colts team...Bengals losing. Good mixture. We could have indy at home in the playoffs if we beat them. Just like when denver had the better record years back, but we beat them in the regular season so they had to come to our house.

bengalsfan21
11-20-2005, 10:26 PM
We will sweep the Colts and Bengals.

Define your definition of sweep....Mine is totaly blow them out and with the Bengals offense playing like they did you will have your hands full.......And I dont even have to touch on Manning aka Merlin of football, He proved today he is still the wizard when it comes to offensive calls against an up and coming QB.

bengalsfan21
11-20-2005, 10:27 PM
BengalsFan21 - As I have been saying for weeks, it all comes down to the Heinz Field game in 2 weeks - Steelers win that game they win tiebreakers with Bengals - Steelers lose that game they are playing for the wildcard.

Biggest impact of today's Steelers loss is not on the division race but in hurting the chance for homefield playoffs advantage over Denver.

Your right it does come down to Dec 4th but one thing is for sure, either the Bengals or the Steelers will be fighting for that wild card spot.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2005, 10:39 PM
gotta agree w/ u there 21.. the AFCN has 2 playoff caliber teams in it right now.. so one of us will get a first round bye hopefully and there other will be fighting for one of the other spots for a home play off game atleast.

right now the best teams in random order are the colts, broncos, steelers, bengals, and after that it drops off in a pretty big way with the exception of the bolts who are good but inconsistent over all .

CantStop85
11-20-2005, 10:53 PM
If only the Bengals could find a way to keep the defense off of the field.

Chad Johnson + Rudi Johnson + Carson Palmer + TJ Houshmandzadeh + Chris Perry = Tons of Points.... + The Defense (or lack thereof) = A Loss

I.C. Lights
11-21-2005, 12:30 AM
Define your definition of sweep....Mine is totaly blow them out and with the Bengals offense playing like they did you will have your hands full.......And I dont even have to touch on Manning aka Merlin of football, He proved today he is still the wizard when it comes to offensive calls against an up and coming QB.

You're right that we will have our hands full, but our D has already proved itself against the Bengals, and I'm confident they can do it again. As for the Colts, our D will have a better chance at stopping them than most teams out there - but Manning is amazing, and having a threat like James makes him even better.

As for the sweep, it just means consecutive wins over our next two opponents. I don't expect us to blow out either team. Of course all of this is contingent on Ben starting at QB. :hope:

I.C. Lights
11-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Your right it does come down to Dec 4th but one thing is for sure, either the Bengals or the Steelers will be fighting for that wild card spot.

Well, we can all route against the Scaguires, who got cheap-shot wins over us both. Bad news is that it looks like they may only loose one more game all season!